Maimonides Medical Center

Maimonides Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced, culturally diverse environment, with opportunity to grow.
Recreational Playroom Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NY, 11219June 4, 2015
Pros: Great learning opportunities, free lunches
Cons: None
I am an honored member of the Maimonides Medical Center team of Recreational Assistants in the children's department. It is a prestigious position, and I am proud to be one of this amazing team.

A typical day at the hospital in my department is quite fast paced and full of things to do. It includes visiting with patients in their rooms and performing one-on-one sessions at their bedside, just to talk or play a game. This helps the child take their mind off the pain and worry they may be experiencing. In addition, we staff the playroom where patients can come and play, or select a toy/game to take back to their room. At the end of the day, it is our responsibility to clean the toys in a proper fashion in a safe way.

The management is very connected to the employees and volunteers, and we know that there is always someone to turn to when we have a question or concern. The staff is really culturally diverse, which is a huge plus and a great benefit, as it helps to prepare us for what the real world out there is all about.

The hardest part of the job sometimes, is seeing the young children in pain or crying, with their weak bodies and big eyes... But it is at those moments when we are most needed. We are taught to separate our emotions and to behave proactively, jumping in to save a child from pain and to help him or her through the tough experience. And doing that is definitely the very best part of being on the Maimonides Medical Center team of Recreational Assistants.
perfect
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2015
enjoy working and interacting with workers and patients on a daily basis. i would recommend this facility to anyone. a promising place
We ensure great customer care
Information Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
My day at work can be hectic at times however, I enjoy what I do. We feel a sense of joy working with the patients and their family members. it can be very stressful at times but we all work as a team to ensure the best customer care possible. the most challenging part of my job is when a patient expires and we have to try to console the family members however our human element always takes over and we do our best to support them.
Hard working intelligent co-workers. Detail oriented and driven
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2015
Maimonides was an amazing place to work. Each day was an opportunity to learn something new and accomplish something worth accomplishing.
very busy practice
medical biller/registrar/collection (Former Employee), New York N.YApril 10, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: very sad dealing with cancer patients
working here was a great experience, always stayed busy doing everything form beginning to the end. loved my job.
The staff and my coworkers we very good and understanding, they always were willing to help when you needed help.
Productive experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great team work
Cons: Under staff
My day consisted of performing Radiologic exams and providing family center care. I learned the importance of involving family in the care the patients receive and how this could affect patient outcome. Management was supportive and teamwork was part of the atmosphere. Collaboration among my co-workers was a part of our mission to patient care. The hardest part of the job was how staff could affect the care the patients receive. The most enjoyable part was watching how patient care could transform a sick person to a healthy person.
I make my day as productive as posible
Bilingual Care Manager/Care Management Dept (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 26, 2015
My current position is fast pace. I work and consult with physicians and with a Peer Specialist. I work with severe mentally ill member who need assistance with their entitlements and coordinating their mental health and medical appointments.
Productive environment
nurse (Current Employee), brooklyn, nyMarch 25, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: staffing
Maimonides Medical center is very business oriented. The focus is to get the patients out as soon as possible. I begin my day at 7, it is very busy. I am always on the go and hardly ever sit down. We are always in constant communication with the staff. There are biweekly meetings and management encourages continuing education. My co-workers are amazing, educated workers. We realize that in order to accomplish our work we must all work together and my co-workers do that very well. The hardest part of the job is to care for the extremely ill patient. Sometimes there is a time sensitive situation and one must balance the care for these patients and prevent them from dying while caring for the other patients. The best part of the job is communicating to my patients. I love listening to their stories and enjoy learning about people. People in general are fascinating to me. By the time my patients are discharged, I feel very close to them and miss them. Every patient touches my heart
Good place to grow and learn with experience.
Care Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 17, 2015
An environment in which one can begin to learn and grow within their role. Close knit environment. Various opportunities to explore.
Fun work place with some productivity
Patient Representative - ER/OR (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2015
The hardest and best part of the was the ability to help the patients. Difficult task as everyday its a enormous patient turn over ratio. It was made the job challenging. My co workers work a team, simply one hand helping the other. Management at times seemed negligent to the core values of patient care ethics. My knowledge acquired was tremendous, learning the policies and procedures of all legal aspect in the medical field.
Maimo is good for cardiac
Companion Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Some of the Depts were good. Some-not so much. Nurses overall are very stressed but this hospital is a union hospital and it provides half an hr break and then an hour break during the shift.
average overall
M.D. (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: average
Cons: average
good experience. 10 am to 7 pm. average management. good patient care. Staff dedicated. excellent hours. Hospital has a very good reputation.
Fast Paced
Information Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2015
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Very Productive
Paid intern through SYEP (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: short breaks
A typical day for me at Maimonides Medical Center would be filing papers from 9-12, my lunch break from noon-1, and after one I shred papers, file papers, sorting etc.
I really had the pleasure to work with my co workers and had a wonderful supervisor.
Medical Surgical/Maternity
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Maimonides Medical Center was a wonderful experience that gave my the chance to see various treatments
Awesome workplace
Volunteer as a Companion (Former Employee), newyork,NYJanuary 14, 2015
Being surrounded with great people
great team work and great management
Up in coming hospital
Residency (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Great breast cancer center. Top of the line people working there. They truly make it as best an experience there for the patients.
Great Hospital Experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: location and availability of mass transit
Miamonides provided with me with excellent medical/ surgical patient care experience as a new nurse. I first experienced cultural diversity at this institution, as I learned to interact with workers and patients from various backgrounds. Gained hands on experience in numerious patient care procedures and treatments. Working at this hospital prepared me to deal with a verity of situations in different working environments.
A apple a day keeps the doctor AWAY
Part-Time Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 30, 2014
I am confident that my background and abilities is an excellent match for any job I am qualified for. Please allow me to highlight my skills and competencies for my stay at Maimondies Medical Center.

- Greeted patients
- Monitored telephones
- Confirmed patients appointments
- Filed patients charts
- Transported assisted patients to procedure sites
- Member of cancer survivor's day committee
- Performed other diverse office duties

I have been volunteering for 4 years now. I will also continue to do so. There's no better feeling then helping others and putting a smile on their face.

Cedeah I. Bland
Enclosure
Maimonides is a reliable work place
Full Time Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2014
Maimonides Medical Center is a reliable work place. People are so nice. I learned many things that I don't have a opportunity before. Also it comes with very good benefits. I enjoy working in here. I strongly recommend working in this hospital.

1 2 3 4 5

About Maimonides Medical Center

The name is a mouthful, but if you choke while trying to get it out, Maimonides Medical Center can help. The not-for-profit hospital – Read more

Maimonides Medical Center Salaries