Maimonides Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

i give Mamo all stars in every area
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  4802 10th ave bklyn nyApril 18, 2016
well let me start off by saying that I love what I do and I am very good at it. A typical day at work is a lot of blood drawing {one of my excellent skills] doing ekg and tender loving care to all the patients. I currently work on the cardiac unit which is quite busy. That particular unit you can encounter some challenging pts. But you remain professional and do what you have to do.
Pros
I mastered my skills
Cons
sometimes we are short staffed
I really enjoyed working at this acute setting hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Although there were challenges traveling to work 3 hours a day. I loved the experience I gained as a Nurse Technician. Because this job taught me how to use my hands on experience as a medical secretary, and a certified nursing assistant skills which I really enjoyed this position.
Lovely and energetis person.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2015
Provide compassionate and respectful care to patients.
Comfortable in a medical environment
Communicate effectively with patients and other members of the healthcare team
Maintain strict confidentiality
Use good judgment in performing and prioritizing tasks
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to be student.Very educational place to develop new ideas.Very knowledgeable staff members.
Junior Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2015
Being student in Maimonides Medical Center was a great experience, always stayed busy doing everything form beginning to the end.The staff and x-ray technologist we very good and understanding, they always were willing to help when you needed help.
Hectic shcedule
Administrative Director, Patient Safety & PI (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 13, 2015
My job as the administrative director of patient safety and performance improvement was challenging, and meeting day to day demands and challenges gives this job exciting. I have accomplished numerous job tasks such as implemented performance report card for all the surgeons, maintained quarterly performance improvement report and processed credentialing renewals and applications.
Pros
being associated with the best surgeons
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Worst place I ever worked.
Assistant Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 5, 2015
Place sucks. Not a good environment for managers. They treat the line staff better and empower them to disrespect management.

They speak of a culture that they cannot explain. I regretted that I wasted two years of my career i that dump.
Essential
Secretary - Long Term Assignment (Former Employee) –  BROOKLYN, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Fun! Everyone you meet face to face needs you because of their individual cases

I am essential and play an important role in the lives of people I hardly know and vice versa

Management professional

Coworkers were like siblings not parent to me

Parting ways is always hardest (fridays)

Enjoyable - reuniting!
Pros
TWO BREAKS AND 1 HOUR FREE TIME EACH DAY
Cons
SHORT TERM ASSIGNMENT - SHOULD LEAD TO PENSION
Great Experience
Summer Youth- Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the summer. It was a calm setting where I worked one on one with my boss to assist him in getting his work done. I learned how to fax and use the copy machine, and how to organize files in the cabinet.
The job was not hard because I enjoy that kind of work in an office setting. It was a summer youth job so it only lasted 2 months and I've been trying to find a job like that ever since.
Challenging but rewarding place to work
VICE PRESIDENT Organizational Performance (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2015
A typical workday involves quite a few meetings with clinical and front-line staff to discuss status of current initiatives, potential issues that warrant investigation, frequent web conferences with outside agencies, data analysis etc. My professional growth centers around strategic planning, leadership development, motivational skills, innovation, and advanced project management. My co-workers are highly intelligent professionals who are invested in improving quality and patient safety. Senior medical and nursing leadership are actively involved in the majority of performance improvement projects. The most difficult aspects of the job are related to limited resources due to financial challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is recognizing that you have made a difference in patients lives by implementing processes that enhance quality care delivery, patient safety,and improve the patient and family experience.
Productive and Busy Labor and Delivery Unit
Labor and Delivery Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYSeptember 6, 2015
High patient service rate. Working the front desk in a wing of the hospital with such high anxiety is a wonderful opportunity to give patients some peace of mind. Patients come in stressed impending a child birth and staff works to minimize anxiety and provide first rate patient care. Staff on the unit are helpful and kind.
Very demanding job
Assistant Director /Laboratory Safety officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2015
Very busy laboratory .
Very strong 1199 union members in laboratory.
Staff are very cooperative and helpful.
We have over 140 staff member in our department.
Pros
VERY UP TO DATE WITH TECHNOLOGY
Cons
NSLIJ MAY TAKE OVER
Never a dull monment a hospital setting
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed everyday that I worked at, Maimonides. Everyday was a different day, some days good and others not so good. However because you spend your day caring for others and making there time at the hospital a pleasant as possible. I can say everyday I did my job and it made me smile.
professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 4, 2016
great atmosphere to work and professional co workers. learned a lot worked with compassionate physicians, great patients
Excellent and Positive working environment
Customer Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  1025 48th street Brooklyn NYJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at Maimonides Medical center would be centered around escorting visitors to the surgery department, handling high volume calls as well as handling paperwork. At this position I learned to make every experience positive especially when dealing with patients face to face. My co-workers and supervisors were very friendly and willing to assist me.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Unsure of any.
Productive workplace with excellent benefits
Emergency Room Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2015
Right now the management at Maimonides Medical Center is in the process of merging with North Shore LIJ. This has created a great uncertainty at the institution which has led many people to take early retirements and look for other jobs.

A typical day at work for me involves coding at least 75 ER charts, contacting physicians for assistance in chart completion, and testing a new Computer Assisted Coding application for my department.
Pros
Flexible hours; excellent boss
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities in the union; imminent Hospital merger
Productive work experience
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2015
Awesome co-workers, easy to get along with. Diverse patients population. Great Benefits and vacation time off. An overall positive work environment. Great Job!
Pros
Lunch and Learns
Cons
sometimes no lunch break
Very loving place to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2015
Doctor ,and nurses at maimonides are very nice to work with also co-worker, it was sad to go but had to movie for the better.
Pros
DAYCARE FOR EMPLOYEE
Cons
HEALTHCARE
We ensure great customer care
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
My day at work can be hectic at times however, I enjoy what I do. We feel a sense of joy working with the patients and their family members. it can be very stressful at times but we all work as a team to ensure the best customer care possible. the most challenging part of my job is when a patient expires and we have to try to console the family members however our human element always takes over and we do our best to support them.
Loved my job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2015
Wonderful hospital to work at the patient are wonderful and i wish it was still open so i could go back to work at a place where you worked and be in high school all over again.
Productive experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2015
My day consisted of performing Radiologic exams and providing family center care. I learned the importance of involving family in the care the patients receive and how this could affect patient outcome. Management was supportive and teamwork was part of the atmosphere. Collaboration among my co-workers was a part of our mission to patient care. The hardest part of the job was how staff could affect the care the patients receive. The most enjoyable part was watching how patient care could transform a sick person to a healthy person.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Under staff