Maimonides Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent work place to display your learning
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2017
Lots of responsibilities, you had to apply all your knowledge in MRI, patient relationship and anatomy. Learn different body imaging and how to deal with critical patients. We worked by our selves with the guidance of the radiologists in order to acquired the images necessary for the best diagnostic. Respected the differences of each culture. The hardest part of the job was when we had no help for moving heavy or unstable patient unto the machine. The part that I enjoy the must was working with the neonatal or obtaining an image of a fetus.
Pros
The responsibility of acquiring the best imaging
Cons
At times we did not have time for a break
Friendly and productive placre to work.
SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Maimonides hospital is a very busy and friendly environment workplace. New technical projects are being established at all times. On a typical day at Maimonides, variety of users are supported both on site and remotely, projects including new roll outs and migration are performed. Provide dynamic IT support including installations and upgrades of workstations, printer’s scanners and other equipment. Utilize active directory to give user permissions and rights, resetting passwords, disabling and enabling users, installs and maintain wireless thin PC.s (Wyse, Lenovo and Dell), Ensures compliance of IT governance, software security ,HIPPA laws and asset security. BYOD devices including phone and tablets are supported. The hardest part of the job is sometimes working with un unforeseen and unexpected issues. As interacting with people is my passion, I enjoy being desktop support professional. I also like the troubleshooting aspect of my job, it helps me to learn. I also like the fact that as an IT professional, I always have to learn new technology that are being introduced.
Pros
New technology are being introduced at all times
Cons
Long commute
challenges and opportunities
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2017
the day many present obstacles and challenges but with a good team and a clear objective your goals can be met at Maimonides Medical Center. Team work!
Great experience, team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2017
It’s a little difficult to write in words what a typical day is when working in a hospital treating people. To be honest with you there is no such thing as a typical day for an RN.

One of the most important things I learned about this job is that there may be some difficult days but the good ones are worth it and they outweigh the bad ones 100x over.

Management and workplace culture go hand in hand. If you have good leadership then everything flows smoothly. I was fortunate enough to have the type of leadership that promoted a great working environment. It made me look forward to coming to work.

The hardest part of the job was seeing families in their most vulnerable sate. The best part of the job was being able to see your work come to fruition. Meaning, I would get to see people walk out of the hospital with their respective families in good health.
student nurse
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Worked at Maimonides as a student nurse for 120 hours in BSN program. Telemetry unit was very functional and updated, however was unable to use computer system as a student. Patient to nurse ratio safe and manageable.
Solid place to work
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2017
A highly professional organization.
Great learning environment.
Room for advancement.
Cutting edge of the clinical care and healthcare business practices.
Excellent IT environment.
Very friendly and supportive environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The staff is very professional and supportive. Orientation is extensive and well planned out for all employees. There is opportunity for career advancement in the company.
great place to work.
Emergency Room, RN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2017
There’s no such thing as a typical day or a typical patient. Patients are a range of ages from newborn through adolescents and even into early adulthood.
Pros
work 3 days per week
Cons
not enough staff.
Managerial
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Days are very busy but rewarding. Management is fair as long as it benefits them personally. I truly appreciate my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is coming to work due to a long commute (2+ hours one way)
Pros
Work setting is healthty, flexibility, learned alot!
Cons
Long commute from my home.
Managers always have your back!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2016
Place where you can grow professionally. They will encourage you to go back to school. Nursing staff are helpful and friendly to work with. Over all a good environment to work
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
None as now
fast paced, rewarding
Clerical/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 25, 2016
typical day at work, filing, photocopying and making phone calls. Feeding newborn babies and sending them to their mom. Most enjoyable part of the job was feeding the newborns and working at the office.
fun place to work
Medical Laboratory Technologist in Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2016
A typical day at work is highly busy and interesting. Always new things to learn. Management is fair. Providing the right results for the patient on time feels like an daily acomplishment and personal satisfaction that i am a part of something big that involves the patient care.
Northwell May Be Able to Change Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2016
In my opinion, the future at Maimonides is up in the air. I hope with the Northwell merger it will change the culture/attitude of "this is how we've always done it."
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Not Salary Competitive
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse- Senior Staff (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2016
Love working in maimonides medical center. the nursing care and physicians are superb and well educated. areas are clean and well stocked and prepared for emergencies.
benefits
Cons
busy
Engineer Dept
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2016
this place is a mess, there is a lot of laziness and politics in this department. It is not about what you know but who you know. This place needs some reconstruction in the department, work function well if the person in charge knew what they were doing. Needs a lot of work especially the staff, if you are looking for a family unit this is not the place.
Pros
near home travel is good
Cons
catty business
Productive, interesting, warm place to work.
Dispatcher/escort (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 27, 2016
Do your best and be on time. Work hard. Be kind, be helpful as possible. Co-workers can be helpful but some are not. Had great co-workers I worked with.
Pros
You develop great relationships with patients.
Cons
The relationships you develop with patients sometimes dont last because they past away.
productive
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2016
I was able to experience new venues in hospital pharmacy and how it operates. I was also interact with other healthcare professionals such as nurses and doctors.
Excellent work place-learned a lot
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2016
I had to opportunity to receive on the job training in CT at this institution and became the first certified CT technologist at this center. Great teaching hospital and good coworkers,
Pros
Excellent place to learn and grow
Cons
Difficulty parking
One of best hospitals to learn and grow as a future Radiologic Technologist
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 5, 2016
Maimonides Medical Center exposed me to the many different situations that one may come across as a Radiologic Technologist.
Pros
The employees are more than willing to teach
Very Professional and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2016
I loved working here, the people were so good to me, they gave me the respect i needed and i did the same for them. The management was so great. I loved working with the patients and the doctors. It was a great learning experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maimonides Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2