Maimonides Medical Center

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: interaction with vendors
Cons: team player
• Payroll for dept. (Kronos Production Payroll System); mailroom distribution
• PeopleSoft Software – Vendors Payment/Scheduling of Conferences/Maintaining Calendars; Purchase supplies
• Telephone techniques and Letter preparation; Space planning activities;
• Managed 1199 Employees and Human Resources Personnel Change Forms (PCF) changes and updates
 – more... Collaboration with Executive Team; Opening mail for Director and handling matter; Multi-tasked
• Scan and maintaining inquires for vendor statement; settle discrepancies; interaction with account payable – less
DIrect contact with employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: interaction with vendors
Cons: team player
• Payroll for dept. (Kronos Production Payroll System); mailroom distribution
• Telephone techniques and Letter preparation; Space planning activities;
Excellenet patient-centered, supportive care.
Student Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: warm environment, patient friendly
Cons: short breaks
The medical staff provides for patients ensuring the highest level of care, an environment that motivates coworkers to flourish and reach their full potential, and colleagues practicing teamwork to offer optimum patient care.
Many talented people but just as many non-productive staff.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2013
Pros: many smart, hardworking staff.
Cons: too many "sacred cows" who are untouchable & unproductive.
Maimonides is a great place to work. I've made many life-long friends whom I respect & miss since I resigned in May. There are many individual systems & programs that are well designed & logical. The main issue is a lack of a clear overall direction of the organization. There is no systematic approach to problem solving. The leadership continues to – more... be reactive rather than proactive. – less
Emergency Department
Emergency Department Medical Care Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2013
Maimonides has an extremely busy emergency room with a volume of approximately 90,000 patients per year. I have learn that having a warm personality, being compassionate, and empathetic to patients, being a strong advocate for my patient's needs, along with being able to recognize a sick patient requiring immediate attention is extremely invaluable – more... working in an extremely fast paced environment. – less
clerical
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no cons
job was great love the people i was working with. we always help each other out.
Respects the role of the nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2013
Depending on the unit, can be very busy. More autonomy on nights
It was a great experience volunteering at Maimonides Medical Center.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2013
It was a great experience volunteering at Maimonides Medical Center.
A good, homely hospital.
Biomedical Engineering Intern for ARAMARK (Former Employee), 4802 10th Ave, New York, NY 11219June 19, 2013
A nice hospital with good, modern equipment and technology and efficient staff. Their Biomed crew is different guys from different backgrounds and I liked that diversity. I'd say the only major con is in the management/politics there, especially when it comes to outsourcing. The foundation is rather old and sometimes it feels like a maze.
Enjoyable and Productive Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 18, 2013
Pros: multiple specialty areas, great teaching/learning experiences, friendly environment
Cons: some difficulty with management, lack of organization at times, difficulty with advancing/changing specialty areas
I have enjoyed working at Maimonides in various specialty areas. There is a great opportunity to learn and advance skills. I would highly recommend Maimonides both as a hospital for its outstanding patient care, and as a workplace.
fun place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2013
its was a great experince to work in the place learned a lot of new things i did not now about.
Diverse patient & staff with potential for growth
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2013
Pros: life-long friends that i've made.
Cons: unions impact on specific activities made work very challenging.
Excellent work environment enriched my work history. Began as a staff pharmacist & worked my way up through the system & was able to enrich my learning & expand my horizons. I managed a variety of staff from different clinical / cultural backgrounds. I was in a continuous learning mode during my tenure there.
Fun, productive, and wonderful
Youth Mentoring Program Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2013
I am extremely grateful to the nurse manager of our floor to take me under her wing and teach many things I still use today. A typical consisted of the nurse manager teaching me how to give bed baths as well as other types of care. I learned about tracheostomies, hospice care, caring for patients after surgery, feeding patients, providing care to patients – more... that have passed on and filing patient charts. My co-workers as well as the nurse managers taught gave me many tips and made sure I left this site knowing how to do practically everything. The hardest part of the job was handling the deaths of patients I took care of daily. The most enjoyable was learning so many new things. – less
Helping patients get the best treatment they deserve
Patient Relations Intern (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2013
Pros: the experiences
I believe Maimonides does their best to help each and every patient that walks in the hospital. My job is to be a patient liaison. So I make sure that every client has access to the services they need to make their stay at Maimonides fulfilling.
Challenging and productive on a daily basis.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkApril 17, 2013
Pros: social events/outings, birthday celebrations, contests
Cons: unruly patients, employee grievances, not having all holidays off
Worked with senior level, medical directors, hospital and clinical staff
Learned the day to day operations in hospital and clinical settings
Co-workers were very friendly, hard working and team players
Hardest was not getting assistance from other departments when needed.
Supporting all levels of management and being able to work efficiently with minimal – more... supervision and able to complete assignments. – less
A fun working environment
Patient Representative - internship (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch, satisfaction from someone being pleased with my service
Cons: some days not much to do, and being an intern my job is limited
A typical day includes visiting patients, reading them their rights as a patient. Document any complaints, Data entry, assist patients in areas where they may need help and retrieve items for them that was put away in storage.

I learned how to navigate the base of Maimonides computer system. I also learned how to balance my relationship between the – more... patients and nursing staff.

I was not too familiar with the management but from my first impression it was ok.

My co-workers were warm and friendly and very helpful when I didn't understand something in particular or getting familiar with the hospital environment.

The hardest part of the job is when things are slow and there isn't much to be done. In that instance I get bored

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I put a smile on the patients and co-workers face for doing a good job. When I recieve a thankyou, I know that I'm doing my job. – less
Attending Physician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2013
Pros: organized
Cons: super busy
Excellent staff, good benefits, good management, cafeteria with poor menu
Financial Investigator/ ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYMarch 11, 2013
Maimonides provided me with a good salary and good benefits. I like working there, but there was not to much room for advancement. I like to excel and go above and beyond at my job and be rewarded for it. there was not to much opportunity to do that there.
excellent
INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Mainting daily task to be completed. Excellent working area and co-workers are corporative
excellent
INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Pleasant envorioment to work. Excellent communication skills between co-workers and outside staff with whom dealing with.

About Maimonides Medical Center

The name is a mouthful, but if you choke while trying to get it out, Maimonides Medical Center can help. The not-for-profit hospital – Read more