Maimonides Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awesome workplace
Volunteer as a Companion (Former Employee), newyork,NYJanuary 14, 2015
Being surrounded with great people
great team work and great management
Up in coming hospital
Residency (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Great breast cancer center. Top of the line people working there. They truly make it as best an experience there for the patients.
Great Hospital Experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: location and availability of mass transit
Miamonides provided with me with excellent medical/ surgical patient care experience as a new nurse. I first experienced cultural diversity at this institution, as I learned to interact with workers and patients from various backgrounds. Gained hands on experience in numerious patient care procedures and treatments. Working at this hospital prepared me to deal with a verity of situations in different working environments.
A apple a day keeps the doctor AWAY
Part-Time Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 30, 2014
I am confident that my background and abilities is an excellent match for any job I am qualified for. Please allow me to highlight my skills and competencies for my stay at Maimondies Medical Center.

- Greeted patients
- Monitored telephones
- Confirmed patients appointments
- Filed patients charts
- Transported assisted patients to procedure sites
- Member of cancer survivor's day committee
- Performed other diverse office duties

I have been volunteering for 4 years now. I will also continue to do so. There's no better feeling then helping others and putting a smile on their face.

Cedeah I. Bland
Enclosure
Maimonides is a reliable work place
Full Time Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2014
Maimonides Medical Center is a reliable work place. People are so nice. I learned many things that I don't have a opportunity before. Also it comes with very good benefits. I enjoy working in here. I strongly recommend working in this hospital.
very busy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 17, 2014
very busy emergency department. pleasant coworkers. a good place to learn how to work in a fast pace.
Productive and great workplace to work......I truely love working there.
INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers, peaceful place to work
Cons: problem with constant down sizing
My typical day at the job is usually busy with constant babies are being born, i found label an delivery department extremerly fascinating. I've learned many things such as preparing baby/ moms' chart, entering information into data base, learning how to multi task was the key to provided excellent work ethics. I love working with my co-workers , my manager was wonderful, the hardest part of my job was being told that i was being bump off my position due to senority. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people, and learning something new every day.
Position that is beneficial for Patients seeking exams
Scheduling Clerk (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 18, 2014
Cons: there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement
Answering phone calls from patients and doctors offices who want to have certain tests scheduled. Organizing and filing patient paperwork and prescriptions sent to the office. Working with one other person can help alleviate the stress of work piling up. It isn't a difficult job, but because of the workflow it is important to be able to multitask.
Good company to work for.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2014
Good company to work for. Flexible. Union Benefits. Health Insurance.
Loved working here.
PEDIATRIC PRIMARY CARE INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Brooklyn, nyOctober 9, 2014
Pros: learned a lot.
Cons: language barrier between staff and patients
This was an intership so I learned everything that was needed to run the day with the pediatric patients.
Really Flexible Schedule
Communication Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 7, 2014
Best Part Is the Job Security 1199 Provides. Meet New People From all Walks of life.
Good management , Excellent Hi-Tech Medical Center to work
Business Intelligence Admin (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2014
Nice Small developer Team locally, Not Global team , Nice Flexible hrs.
Work as a Graduate Pharmacist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Being a very busy place, it gives you good experience within reasonable period of time.
Fun workplace
Patient Care-ER Pediatric Internship (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work consisted of interacting with patients, Children and the elderly depending on the department i was in. I learned to communicate and adapt quickly to new environments. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was the ability to make someone smile even on there worst day.
good hospital to work for very friendly coworker
Provider Relations Representative- Manager Nelly (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: in the summer months got to leave work at 1pm jewish hospita
Assists in the basic operations of the Provider Relations Department and Provides service to provider practices by resolving problems and advising providers of new protocols policies and procedures Assist in negotiating, reviewing, and preparing enrollment agreements with facilities, laboratories, and group physician practices. Assists with the development and monitoring of provider contracts Resolves administrative problems affecting network provider, patients, and plans within contracted guidelines for which the network is responsible. Assures the provider documentation is complete and accurate. Researches and coordinates the resolution of provider’s claims and capitation issues.
working with patients
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2014
While volunteering at Maimonides Medical Center I learned a lot about what goes into taking care of patients, from paper work to actually assiting with nurses and doctors with taking care of patients. I have learned a lot and enjoyed volunteering there.
Very busy
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: management flexible. close to home
Cons: surprises in holiday scheduling
Very busy. Management fair. Co-workers easy to work with. I learned how to be more proficient
CHALLENGING WORK. STRONG TEAM OF RADIOLOGIST AND CLINICIANS.
Attending Radiologist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: strong team of physicians
Cons: don't have any
MY TYPICAL WORK DAY STARTS AT 8 AM. I READ BREAST IMAGING AND BODY IMAGING.

I WORK WITH A STRONG TEAM OF SURGEONS AND RADIOLOGIST.

I AM INVOLVED IN RESIDENT EDUCATION ON A DAILY BASIS AND ALSO RESIDENT LECTURES.
productive fun work place
Patient Care Technician- Geriatrics/Oncology Unit (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2014
working at maimonides medical center was rewarding and fun
i learned alot from working with the RN management are very understanding and easy to talk too
co-workers are easy to get along with
hardest part was unforunate passings
most enjoyable part was being able to help others
Lack of managerial support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great tuition reimbursement .
Cons: lack of managerial support
Great work experience in a diverse setting. However, if you are unfortunate to work for a manager who is spiteful if you call in sick, or retaliates if one utilizes FMLA to take care of a sick parent you stand alone with no support from management .