Main Event Entertainment Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I hated everything about it. People are favored, hard work is not appreciated, the managers except you to know everything the day you're hired, training is not proper, and the General Manager is sketchy
Pros
laser tag is fun
Cons
everything else about the store
ME is a great place to work!
Operations Manager & Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 16, 2017
Many benefits, advancement, and discounts. Main Event has a strong culture of guest focused personalities and highly energized, fun attitudes. This was an extremely fun place to work.
dont waste your time
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I worked here for 5 years and my stomach still turns every time i drive by this place. they never had enough employees to staff the cafe, so the ones that did work, were always OVER worked.
Very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Very fun fast paced place to work at. You have fun with the adults and children making their day much easier and fun. The day can go from fast pace to slow paced, a lot of standing and communicating with customers.
Poor Management
worker bee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2017
they treat us like babies, yell at us and belittle us in front of each other. The mangers don't care about anything and unless your a bartender yiu don't make money. The GM is never around to help always in the office. the other managers are a joke. they don't care about the guest either... they talk a good game but they don't like the confrontation
Pros
made friends
Cons
poor management
Great place with great employees
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I would in and help pray tables set up for the party, id attend to all the kids request and make sure nothing went wrong. i was also able to play with all the kids. i would also greet every guest that entered the building if i was not attending a party.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
food
Cool place to live with fun Management
Hoffman Estates - Server (Former Employee) –  2575 Pratum DriveSeptember 11, 2017
My time at Main Event was a fun time. They trained me how to become a server in a fast paced environment. A day at work would be slow if youre there before the dinner rush. after 6pm you wouldnt be able to move comfortably. It was always packed but it was worth it when it came to your pockets. Management was tricky. some mangers were the best and i look at them now as close friends. but the other mangers were not professional
Pros
When its slow you can bowl
Cons
You will never have a life
Fun Working Enviroment
Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Have a timely schedule to follow. Very easy to learn job tasks. Friendly managers, work pace depends on the time of day and week. Hourly pay but no raises every 6 months or year. There is opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
50% discount
Stressful and unorganzied
GAMES ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Learned that we are always understaffed
There is favoritism
Unfair pay rates
Management issues
hardest part is either staffing issues , the pay, or the clientail getting to drunk and acting like jerks or the fact they rarely give breaks
Pros
free game card
Cons
barely breaks, poor management
Very enjoyable enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Sometimes it can be slow or or a very past day depending on the time of the week, i learned how to move faster and open up and talk to coworkers and be relaxed around them, the management was okay, the hardest part of the job was the weekends when the store became very packed and the most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No breaks
Productive and fun working place.
Party Host and server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 30, 2017
Main Event is a fun environment in the very beginning. Management is scarced and disorganized. The employees are friendly and kind, but when it is busy they tend to get overwhelmed and fristrasted due to the lack of scheduling.
Pros
Lunch breaks, half off food and games, get to bowl and eat with friends.
Cons
Short breaks, scheduling problems, can be disorganized, and understaffed during rush time.
Productive Workplace
Warrenville - Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 30, 2017
I was in charge of booking birthday, group and corporate events via phone, e-mail and in person. In the sales team we are meant to meet our quarterly sales and follow-up our progress with our sales manager. Besides working as an event coordinator, I also worked as the front desk assistant. This job is a bit more simple and requires face to face interaction with each guest that walks into the building. One would need to greet them and help them out with any general questions as well as making payment transactions to enjoy their time at Main Event.
Pros
Active workplace
Cons
Management team lacks communication
Good place
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXAugust 25, 2017
This was a good place to work, I met a lot of new people so much and they became great friends of mine. While the pay was terrible, the only reason I stayed here was because of my coworkers
First job
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXAugust 23, 2017
As a first job main event was a great place to work. They encourage their employees to continue going to school after highschool. They pay for half of your tuition as long as you make the grades.
Wonderful atmosphere
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXAugust 23, 2017
This is a great place to work at. The managers are great and the company is really good to its employees. Lots of advancements within the company. Great for teenagers to get started.
This Job helped me understand efficient multi-tasking with little to no mistakes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 20, 2017
It was all clockwork at Main Event, if one side were to stop operating then we all were hindered. Essentially being the forefront of the enterprise, i had to ensure that all levels of work communicated efficiently. Even my co-workers agreed that i was the best at making sure everything went as smooth as possible. When everything functioned right, everyone cooperated easily.
The hardest part, however, was trying to appease unhappy customers without escalating the problem. Most of these scenarios were easily handled by me, other situations were best handled by management.
Pros
Time Cards for Dance Dance Revolution
Cons
Erratic drunk customers
long hours and all holidays including Christmas and Turkey day
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
Not a bad company, culture could use some work, however, if you are young in management, there are lots of opportunities. When you have a family you may need to look at a change.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
bad hours
good coworkers, everyone helped each other
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 13, 2017
the most enjoyable thing about being a party host was having a good tie with your party, the party kids, the less enjoyable thing i think is how over crowded it could get. the management was pretty good. i got the opportunity to work with some great managers that were very helpful and understanding about many things. what i mostly learned about this job is to have a lot of patience and tranquility with the kids and their parents.
Cons
too crowded sometimes
Slow-paced work with minimum to no benefits
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at Main Event for me is to cash people out at Winner's Choice (a cashier), run laser tag (using Windows XP), and fixing any hardware or software errors on the arcade games. I learned how to conduct myself in a professional environment. Unfortunately, the management team i worked for needed some help maintaining order within other departments. For example, me and several others from my department were often asked to help others performing their job, with no financial reimbursement. Main Event preaches how laid back and how it is easy to move up in the company which is true for some people, however i was not one of those people. Realistically, the hardest part of the job was knowing that i was the one of the lowest paid employees working, and management had me doing supervisor duties, without the supervisor pay. The most enjoyable part of working was working with teenagers fresh out of high-school. Though very young, They are hard workers that have an incredibly bright future ahead of them.
Pros
Discounts on food, drinks, and other activities (Laser Tag)
Cons
Short to No breaks, Low income
Great place Great Pay
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 9, 2017
I have very strong experience in this FEC industry and I thrived in the main event culture and experience if you like high volume great people and great advancements go there! If I had the chance or opportunity to go back I would no doubt they paid me my worth which was awesome I left due to my father passing but I loved it and miss it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Event Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval