Main Line Health Employee Reviews

Not the worst, but far from good
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 4, 2016
Well, you get a good amount of vacation, which is good because management will saddle you with a workload absurd enough to induce very high levels of frustration and stress. We have had multiple employees leave without being replaced but the amount of work has not gone down. Management operates in a very dishonest style. Little to no corporate training and a systemwide lack of professional competence make every task time consuming and inefficient. Management will not consider making changes/improvements that make a difference, only those that make for good sound bytes.
Pros
Good vacation time and health benefits
Cons
Very poor pay, high volume/high stress environment, employees unappreciated and actively gaslighted
Poor management, staffing poorly managed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Main line PhiladelphiaOctober 17, 2016
Staffing for nursing and techs is poorly managed. Weekends is always a nightmare. They desperately look for people to work the weekend a day before, when it could easily have been addressed weeks before. They have a tendency to create problems that do not have to exist.
Pros
excellent care for patients
Cons
staffing is poorly managed.
over all I loved being with people and helping
Medical Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PASeptember 7, 2016
it was overall a 3 out of 5 I learned so many things but most of all team work . My day would start with a good morning to clients and their families. See what needed to be done on the unit and follow through. I worked with some of the best nurses and doctors who became friends for life. I cried with families over the loss of a loved one, but was celebrating with so many families as they got well. The management needed some work but they were also willing to work with in reason and safety for all.
Productive loving workplace
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PANovember 30, 2016
I love working for Main Line Health. This is a happy loving workplace and I enjoy each day I work here. I love the management and the staff throughout the hospital
Pros
Happy work place
Cons
Compensation
Very productive and high scores
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAJanuary 16, 2017
Every month we had a score we wanted to achieve for patient satisfaction and we hit it each month. We were always very productive at Main Line Health.
It's okay
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAOctober 23, 2016
Management could improve. I've had mixed experiences with the staff. I think the level of respect changes depending on the unit you work for and the click you fit into.
Hostile Work environment
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Lima, PASeptember 28, 2016
Unfair practices. Hostile work environment. Enjoy working with patient and co workers. The training programs were very informative. Employee mismanagement.
Strong and well run hospital system.
IT Project Manager, EPIC (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJuly 17, 2016
Main Line Health is a well run hospital system but offers limited opportunities for advancement. Great people and patient safety is always a top priority.
Pros
Decent work/life balance
Cons
IT tools are old and outdated.
Excellent compensation and benefits but questionable management and unfair advancement practices
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAApril 21, 2016
MLH is an excellent place to work in terms of culture and job security with some of the best benefits out there. If you want to be promoted you have to jump through hoops made of fire, venom and knives.
Pros
Culture, work environment, noteriety
Cons
Glass ceiling, unfair management and inappropriate diversity inclusion processes
Interesting
BILLING & ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAJune 21, 2016
My day started 7am
I;ve Learned so much about medical billing and the healthcare.
My co workers were amazing
The hardest part about my job there was leaving
i enjoyed learning new things while working on the mainline
Fast and Fun Working Environment
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PAJune 2, 2016
A fantastic part time job opportunity where I was able to go from being a pot washer to the lead tray line supervisor, responsible for maintaining standards of quality and safety for my team.
Pros
Fun group of people, wide array of positions
Favoritism, Neptunium POOR management/ NO management.
Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 21, 2016
Management does NOT care about you! If they can hire more friends of friend they will. Got rid of GREAT employees, to bring in more cronies and friends that DON'T work! Liaisons that stay at home and don't work? what are they really doing? if you own all the doctors why dont you double your volumes? why and what do these liaisons do all day.. no accountability. If you go on vacation with your BOSS you never have to work! Favoritism and hiring family is norm,,, employee engagement is just away to find out who to get rid of! Great payer mix and poor management-if not for location MLH would be out of business. When you hire ex PENN employees and expect to be better than PENN you are failed logic. HR will lie to your face and management does what they want... NO loyalty from Presidents to Directors. eventually the Board will grow tired of this poor leadership and clear them all out! it will be too late then. they are running this company into the ground!
Pros
good doctors
Cons
Poor leadership
Enriching environment that fosters the needs of patients and employees
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAFebruary 24, 2016
My experience with Main Line Health has been only positive. The hearts of the employees are reflected in their care of patients and attention to detail. It has been an honor to work alongside and learn from Main Line Health's wonderful employees.
loved it here
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAApril 24, 2016
did my externship here and loved it everyone was so kind and i was taught alot in the short time i was here, the doctors truely care about their patients
Great work enviroment Great structure in place to understand standards of company expectations.
Second Cook (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 16, 2016
A great place to work. A very welcoming environment. Trains employees well, to easily absorb the knowledge of hired position.
Pros
Rotating weekends, schedules mapped out a month in advance. Great pay
Run for your life!!
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PADecember 5, 2015
Main Line Health Care doesn't care about their employees!! A co-worker was having personal/mental issues and no one offered help or counseling just kept writing her up until they fired her. It's sad that such a large health care conglomerate can't provide help for their employee (you're just a number there). My manager didn't have any health care experience or any management experience. Medical Assistant duties are too much for one person to handle successfully, work never gets caught up. Main Line Health expects employees to complete online tutorials on your own time, policies change constantly. I attended a class called "Patient Experience" (on my own time) and the first thing that was talked about was obtaining a higher insurance reimbursement. The "Patient Experience" part was the very last thing we talked about. I truly hated everyday I was there.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Impossible work load
god company to work for.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 26, 2016
god company to work for. upper management makes decisions. Management does not take care of their employee. salaries are very low. no growth opportunity
High stress job with little work life balance
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paoli, PAAugust 8, 2015
If you like to work 10 hour days and have zero down time, this is the company for you. Management talks a good game but has poor follow through and shows blatant favoritism (higher ups). Basically they have a lot of money because they cut corners with their employees by making everyone do the job of at least two people and never having enough backup/temp staff to help out when the office is short. You will be expected to work overtime. Benefits are good and pay is decent but that's about all. Bullying is commonplace. Stay away if you like your sanity.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Short breaks, management cuts corners, favoritism, bullying.
Fun, fast paced work environment
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 15, 2015
Greeting and bring patients to exam rooms. Reviewing medications. Performing various cardiological testing including EKG's, ANSAR. Both tests of which were learned on the job. Management was supportive and encouraging. Co workers helpful and courteous. Most difficult aspect of this job was having patients become very sick or passing. Most enjoyable aspect was the patients.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Not enough on the job training.
wonderful place to work
Lakenau Hospital Intern (Former Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAAugust 11, 2015
Lankenau was a great place to intern. The staff was friendly and very patient with us newbies. The guided us through each department and explained anything we didn't understand. Their goal was to successfully get us through 4 months of work. Knowing how busy every staff member it was surprising to see them take their time to help us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Main Line Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9