Main Line Health

Main Line Health Employer Reviews

Delightful
Unit Secretary/Volunteer (Current Employee), Bryn Mawr, PAAugust 23, 2014
Great place to work. Coworker and managers are wonderful to work with
I liked my collegues
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wynnewood, PAAugust 4, 2014
I loved the people I worked with and they were encouraging and made me want to do my best.
Productive and postive environment
Clerk/Assistant (Current Employee), Wayne, PAJuly 24, 2014
I learned lots of things from computers to dealing with people. Working for Main Line Health has really been a good experience for me.
See above
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Media, PAApril 26, 2014
I enjoy working for this company just looking to open more options for myself and my family
Changing Lives One Day at a Time
Job Coach/Program Coordinator Intern (Current Employee), Main Line Health SystemsApril 20, 2014
 Coach adults with disabilities through different internships and job placements
 Facilitate conflict resolutions and help develop strategies to help clients work independently
 Ensure that individuals are completing tasks to perform job successfully and help them integrate those tasks into their job and community successfully
 Maintain a personal goal of 80% job placement by the end of the program
 Counsel and conduct clinical assessment to determine career interests, specific job preferences (hours, location, etc.), skills and abilities to develop an individualized approach to placement for the interns
 Provide clinical instruction and counseling to interns on employability skills such as communication, problem solving, and teamwork, grooming, budgeting and self-advocacy
 Develop, complete and provide appropriate evaluation based on participation, skill development, attitude, etc. Assess interns on a daily/weekly basis and layer additional skills as appropriate
 Prepare, coordinate and lead family team meeting
 To develop relationships with community businesses to secure internship sites for interns resulting in competitive employment and satisfaction of business partner
 Recruit appropriate persons (ages 18-65) with disabilities with return to work goal
great hospital, good place to work with great staff and nurses.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Paoli HospitalJanuary 28, 2014
hardworking coworkers, clean friendly environment, beautiful campus, great benefits
No work Life balance
Managing Consultant (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Great company to work with but work life balance is missing here. They do not allow employees to work from home even on emergencies which includes snow storms.
WORK WORK WORK
Tech (Current Employee), Bryn MawrJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: the work doesn't equal the pay
Some of the nurses are EXTREMELY lazy! The breaks are short and the pay is not worth the stress! They will even look for you on your break to ask a question rather than looking in the computer! The experience good....the pay is bad
good work environment minus the lazy managment
lab tech (Current Employee), bryn mawr, PADecember 22, 2013
no place has sucked the passion i have for my work like this place. Managment has repeatedly made it clear that we are all replacable, and a primate would be more that capable of performing our job duties.
Great place to work.
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Bryn Mawr, PADecember 13, 2013
Cons: driving, getting up at 3am
I am mostly independent. Because I am mobile in the morning, I am working by myself.
Only positive aspect is the experience gained
AR Representative (Current Employee), Patient Accounting- 306 BuildingSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, on site parking, overtime, close to home
Cons: no room for advancement, poor management, stressful environment
Where do I begin??

Poorly managed Patient Accounting Dept.
No adequate training
Very tense environment
Management is completely unorganized- therefore the work is completely unorganized.
Supervisors are not helpful- some do not even allow their employees to approach them with questions.
It's a sink or swim environment
Non competitive pay
Prejudice environment

A lot of negative office gossip and cattiness that circulates throughout the entire dept. Some of the management gets involved with the negativity and tries to reprimand employees based off of "rumors" or lies that are told.

Only smokers are allowed to take multiple breaks and 1 hr lunch.

Lunches are exactly 1 hr and you must sign in/out in front of a supervisor or you'll be reprimanded.

The building is separate from the hospital so they try to keep human resources away as much as possible because of all of the harassing non sense that goes on.

Heavy work load- great if you like to stay busy
Overtime is offered frequently
If you're a fast self-learner that's about the only way you'll truly be able to effectively pick up on the work. Leads and supervisors depending on the specific dept are not much help.

There is no room for advancement and it is almost impossible to transfer to another site within the company because this particular dept carries a bad reputation.

If you're in desperate need of a job- get in, get your experience and get out! If you can afford to look elsewhere do so! This place has a very high turnover rate!
great benefits
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Media, PASeptember 25, 2013
not much advancement opportunity, but great co-workers. A very reputable company to work for
Trauma atmosphere
Emergency Department /Outpatient Registrar (Former Employee), Bryn Mawr, PASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: downtime available and team based atmosphere
Cons: stressful atmosphere
I worked in an emergency room, and while I was there It was stressed to employees that your always a team player, you're to work diligently and effortlessly. The hardest part of the job was keeping the family members safely along with college student affairs usually being concluded in the Bryn Mawr E.R.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new faces each and every day.
fun
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Wynnewood, PASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: office gossip dont do well with that
Easy going work. close to home. however better opportunity came with a different company and more money
every case was different
Billing and Health Information Management (Former Employee), Wynnewood, PAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: interesting cases
Cons: dealing with the insurance companies when they did not want to pay
need to find out as much information as possible about the bill and who would be paying it. Needed to know all insurance company's and how to approach each one in order for the hospital to get pay the fullest amount that it was due.
Very Poor Management
HIM Document Quality Control (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 7, 2013
I worked in the medical records department. I was let go after 82 days because I lacked "critical thinking skills". It was a tough place to work. First off, my manager worked off site and of all 82 days I was employed, I saw her a total of 5 times. How can you give someone a fair evaluation if you only saw them 5 times? Also, I had to do other duties as assigned without proper training. The job was not as described. My manager claimed that she asked other people about my performanace and got negative reviews. My question to her was how can you ask anyone about my performance when they don't even know my name? All in all, Main Line is a great company, they just have poor leadership in the HIM department. I hope in the future they will have an onsite manager to do fair reviews.
Poor Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Newtown SquareJuly 24, 2013
Poor management, bullying, favoritism.. "Corporate Medicine" high turnover rate. Over 300 job postings on different job sites makes an honest statement in itself.
Poor Nursing Leadership
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Wynnewood, PAApril 29, 2013
Pros: bidshift
Cons: short staffing, poor management, favortism, bullying
Management is extremely prejudice and make no effort to hide this. Non primary nursing staff (weekend) is poorly treated, under compensated, receives little to no praise and is seriously understaffed. Complaints about understaffing go unnoticed and swept under the carpet as patient safety is not the culture for this institution. Staff resort to bullying and single out individuals on a heavy basis. Nurse manager and patient care coordinator play "favorites" and will inflict serious mental anguish for those that question or report their tactics. Never felt as though my efforts were appreciated nor meant anything to the organization as a whole. Codes were run haphazardly with a huge lack of leadership on both sides of the medical realm. Stay away as nothing good will come out of this culture of nursing!!!
Good place o work
CT Technologist/Interventional Technologist (Current Employee), Wynnwood/ Media , PAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: close to home
Always able to balance my work hours with my life
Learned many aspects of my job
always have the material I need for my job
an educational environment
PHYSICIAN LIAISON (Former Employee), Philadelphia and surrounding suburbsNovember 27, 2012
Provided Rehabilitations Services to physicians, Hospitals, and community.

About Main Line Health

Part of the Jefferson Health System, Main Line Health serves constituents in the Philadelphia area. The health system consists – Read more