Main Street Hub

Main Street Hub Employer Reviews

LOVE IT
Social Media Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: lots of bonuses
Cons: strict quota
This is the best company I have ever worked for! Great culture and they really appreciate their employees. The employees are like a big family and they have the best culture i have ever been a part of.
good
Account Executive (Former Employee), los angeles, caNovember 18, 2014
good experience....I learned a lot about sales as a whole. did very well and enjoyed the experience
Fun entry level job, but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid
Social Media Community Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: happy hours, snacks, young and hip employees
Cons: low salary, no parking, repetitive workload, limited room for influence
-Standards are high, and while the work-load is manageable, you've got to be organized in order to keep your head above water.
-Management is hands on and personable. Most of the team leads were promoted from the position you currently work, so they can empathize.
-Limited room to make an impact if you're not a senior.
-Workload repeats itself week after week after week.
-Communication between Account Management and Sales is practically non-existent. Within Account Management, communication between teams is minimal.
-Fun perks like happy hours and team bonding.
-Salary is very low. They don't pay for your parking downtown. You have to crawl along and do your time until you get promoted to senior, where your pay increases only nominally.
Cool place if you're 18-22
Sales manager (Current Employee), AustinJune 9, 2014
Pros: beer
Cons: everything besides the beer and snacks
I hope you like loud music, constant cold calling of the same old leads over and over, having to take pics and hash tag on your social media pages, being lied to that the leads are getting fixed when truthfully all they do is erase the old notes from the 6 previous employees that called.

But they do have free beer and snacks
waste of time
sales (Former Employee), newyorkMay 10, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: just cons
guy who interviewed me and was swearing and cursing during my interview ... instead of interviewing he was more interested in gathering information of how i was paid from my other employer so he could fix his commission structure . the turn over rate in this gig is very high .
reputation management and social media
Local Marketing consultant (Former Employee), Austin TXApril 22, 2014
B2B sales. Consulted with local businesses on their online customer reviews and social media platforms.
What a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2013
If you just came out of a fraternity or a sorority or rehab and are ready to go hard charge partying again, work here.
Great Culture with Keg in office
Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2012
great company doing some great things. Excellent group of people working together in a fun - team oriented environment.

March 3, 2013

I have never loved a job so much in my life and the people we work with are amazing. Highly recommend it if you love working with small business owners and have a heart to help them. I encourage everyone to apply if they are hiring in your area.

Great perks...while they last
Social Media Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2012
Pros: compensation, benefits, fun environment, great culture
Cons: high turnover, low job security, high-stress, high-pressure
If you're into high-pressure sales and enjoy cold-calling on the phones all day long from open to close then this job is for you! The environment is fun and really exciting to be a part of but the job itself is extremely stressful as you're not guaranteed to return the following month if you cant keep up with your numbers. Picture yourself talking to old-school business owners who (in most cases) don't understand social media or just plain don't want anything to do with it. Now try selling them over the phone with no tangible product. HARD, but the reward is tremendous. They offer great compensation packages and benefits. If you feel like you'll succeed in this high-volume, high-pressure sales environment then do it and I promise you'll have fun while you're there AND you'll definitely make some good money doing it.

About Main Street Hub

Founded in 2010, Main Street Hub has quickly become the largest 'do-it-for-you' marketing solution for great local businesses. – Read more