Main Street Employee Reviews in United States

Isolation
Parts Coordinator / Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Bagdad, AZ 86321February 13, 2016
Very small community, going through some very big changes.
The state of the union has a great impact on the quality of life here,
my opinion
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2016
I couldn't work with them because, they couldn't work with me and it was different from any other restaurant I worked at and, it was just messy.
Cons
no breaks, didn't like the way they work
Staff Pharmacist CVS (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 19, 2016
This store was one of the best places I have worked. The customers I interacted with on a daily basis made this job highly rewarding.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
overnight
A day in the life
cashier, cleaned tables and store, barista (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PASeptember 7, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of getting there in the morning and starting right away with making drinks and sandwiches. This would go on all day and there was hardly any downtime. I learned that working with people at a restaurant can be impatient and easily mad if they don't get what they want in a short amount of time. Everything about the management was nice and friendly . My coworkers all knew each other before because they went to the same church and many knew each other for years. The hardest part of the day was being on my feet for up to 10 hours with only a short lunch break in the middle of the day. I enjoyed getting to learn how to make drinks and food and being in that fast pace environment.
Pros
nice coworkers and customers, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Fun fast pace working environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work with encouraging team members. Environment of the job makes love being there everyday. Staff is encouraging and supportive.
Pros
about personal growth
Cons
not many hours available to work
Energetic, positive environment to work in.
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CADecember 13, 2012
This is a friendly, positive, and busy salon.
I have enjoyed the day to day work and have learned a bit about new hair-coloring techniques, and am excited about trying them on my clients.
Working in the hairstyling business has taught me alot about time management, people interactions, and inventory control.
I have been self-employed for 28 years and work very well with others. I have a positive outlook and try to keep my surroundings positive as well by being a good team member and treating all people with the respect they deserve.
I am a hard worker and adaptable to any job, and I am always open to suggestion on how to maximize my time. I am always working toward doing the best I can no matter the situation. Working with people is a wonderful opportunity to learn compassion, patience, and empathy for the human spirit. I believe the interactions with a diverse society gives people a chance to have a good look into another culture and this may lead to a more global approach to healthcare and the ability to treat all with the dignity and respect they are entitled to during their care. I love patient care and feel very blessed to have had such wonderful experiences throughout my life.
Pros
wonderful people.
Cons
being self-employed means one has to supply their own benefits.
Fred's Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Erin, TNFebruary 23, 2013
I would open and/or close the store. Documenting and checking the currency received or on hand, the store's paperwork. Managing the employees, making schedules, maintaining inventory, and ordering inventory as needed each week, doing planograms, and providing great customer service.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Small, Bad Location
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MANovember 22, 2013
Love the people i worked with. Management was under appreciated and this location has long since closed its doors. When it was open they would have burst of clients but never regulars. The company spend so much time worrying about the building then the people that it just became a very negative place to work. I left with my co-workers numbers and currently still keep in touch with that but i gained patience from them and not much more then that. Management cross trained most of the waitresses on grills and fountain (ice cream) because we were under staffed.
Pros
good people.
Cons
corporate leaders were terrible, small, internal problems business wise that spilled into the restaurant itself
Inside sales
Executive office assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Inside sales table top merchandise. Learned patience.
Management was nice. No co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was it was boring. Best part of the job
I worked along.
didnt care for it
City Driver (Former Employee) –  Corning, ARNovember 18, 2014
loading and delivering freight in a timely manner keeping proper paper work
Pros
great benifits
Cons
constantly pushed to do more so the senior men didnt have to work so hard
I was a wearhouse worker for the time i was there
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNFebruary 10, 2015
The places i was sent were amazing but the people i got paid by were not the best they were late on the checks hours were cut off your over all work week the only thing good about this place was the pay
Pros
the pay
Cons
your checks were late they would cut your hour off your work week and not tell you
No comment
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Main St Sanford MaineMay 6, 2015
Enjoyed working with my direct employees and some of my fellow Health Center Managers. Women's health is important and I felt part of a movement.
Fun setting Events for the Community and changing the image for the Downtown area through Commercial Facade
Administrative Assistant CRA (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLMarch 26, 2013
Work Load consisted of providing Grants to merchants for the up-keep of the building and making sure that the downtown area was vibrant. I learned the different ways to help keep your downtown area full of life in order to keep the merchant businesses afloat. The hardest part of this job was trying to get the Merchants to stay open late during events and the most enjoyable part was bring Musical events and actives to the downtown area.
Pros
free musicla events for the community
Cons
getting a mixture of people in attendance for the events
unhelpful, very lazy staff
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, INDecember 12, 2013
There was no help for anyone. If there was one person on front line then that one person had to take orders bag food and clean dining room even though everyone else was standing around on their phones. If someone asked for help or had a problem with someone else, and you said something to the manager it caused problems. Usually it was your fault of why things went wrong.There is a lady that works on backline that busts her butt and doesn't get nothing but a slap in the face from the general manager and is unappreciated.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
very low team work
cvs
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 3, 2013
CVS was my first job. I got this job in high school with expectations of pursuing a career as a pharmacist. I decided against it being that a pharmacist is a dying career.
Its a productive job
Richland County (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Typical day at the job is long and constantly customers coming in and out. The co workers are sometimes hard to get along with, but if you ignore them than you will be ok. the most enjoyable part of my day is helping customers solve there problems in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is dealing with coworkers. In overall enjoy my job.
Pros
insurance, leave
Cons
coworkers
sonic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2014
management was horrible which is why i left didnt like how they treated me customers were nice
Very productive and fun working environment.
Team Lead Training (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 13, 2014
I am a very fast paced person with enthusiam and dedication to every job I tackle. I get along with all team members and strive to help each and every one achieve their goals. I am currently tasked with leading the flow team overnight and meet these goals nightly. I am hard working, fun, reliable, dedicated, easy to talk to and have a priority of getting the job done! My work ethics are above average.
Pros
pot lucks, recognition
productive at times, but people are different so work is not as it should sometimes.
Rural Agricultural Development Authority (Current Employee) –  Claremont Main Street St. Ann Jamaica W.I.October 22, 2013
Enter workplace by 8:30 am sign register and logon on to my computer retrieve mails for Deputy Manager. Surf the internet learn more excell programme. My co-workers are ok, jovial and team players. The hardest part of the job is reporting time and the enjoyable is to type, present and get tubms up. I feel real got that Managers are pleased with work.
Pros
pay fare, buy lunch
Cons
healtcare
Great place to work and availability for advancement within the Agency
Attorney Thomas J. Tabor Jr (Current Employee) –  Tazewell, TNNovember 5, 2013
I worked for this Agency for several years and found the Agency to be true to the population it served. Upper management was caring and understanding of the requirements demanded of the particular job I held.

This job included one on one communication with the clients. A normal day in this job would include arriving at work between 7:30 a.m.. and 8:00 a.m. The activities of the day would usually include traveling to any one of the 14 counties served in the East Tennessee area. Each client required screening and obtaining pertinent information regarding the current needs of the client, the client's financial requirements, up-date reporting to the funding source. Each week, it was required to provide accounting staff with reports and request for check writing to pay the client's bills, obtaining referral services for the client to provide better understanding of their circumstances.

The most difficult part of this job was working directly with the disabled individuals who would on many occasions show up at my office, under the influence with demands for money or some other demand. Of course, it was my job as the Program Manager to handle these clients and refrain from giving in to their demands.

The most enjoyable part of this job included the ability of being able to help this clientele to obtain housing and services they greatly needed.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
as a salaried employee, i never knew when my day would end, or when i would be called upon after office hours to assist the client.