Maine Medical Partners Employee Reviews in United States

good company
Billing and Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEFebruary 16, 2016
The physicians and staff are very good to work with. however the management is very difficult. There is no room for advancement due to the favoritism. I enjoy coding and learning new things. I would like to be in a company that promotes growth opportunities and does not restrict or discourage self improvement and learning.
Grey area
Medical Education Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 9, 2016
Good corporation to work for. Not good at seeing the grey, just black and white. Good stepping stone organization. Diversified population of employees.
Very accommodating to staff
Medical Assistant, Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MENovember 22, 2013
Job is great, but not what I intended to do. I really enjoy helping people!! I learn more every day I come to work regarding people's needs and how I can help them. The hardest part of the job is not working directly with people. The most enjoyable part is knowing I have made a difference in people's lives. A typical day at work is coming in and taking calls and directing them to the proper medical facility to be addressed.
Pros
good pay, great manager, great benefits
Cons
long ways to travel
At Maine Medical Partners, I very much enjoyed it in the beginning...
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 9, 2014
When I first started the job, everything was great! I had the best supervisor (well organized with very good leadership skills), and a very good teaching instructor as a co-worker/supervisor. After about 1 year of being there, things changed when a co-worker, with only a year of experience, moved into the supervisory position (with no prior supervisory experience at all), and the office moral and financial needs changed drastically. The previous supervisor moved into a different position, so it was very difficult for everyone during this transition. Moral became very low, as well as support with any technical questions due to the fact that the new supervisor had not only less experience than most sonographers there, but also because he was just thrown into a position that he had no training or experience in, thus making it impossible for him to help other below him. The budget for the office was drastically mismanaged, resulting in people getting "let go" and or "terminated" for made up reasons, ultimately allowing them the opportunity to at least get unemployment, yet still without employment, benefits, etc. I hear that it has gotten a lot better, and with the awesome sonographers there, I am sure that even though it might take a while to improve, the sonographers really make it worth working there.
Pros
some great co-workers and a couple very supportive, seasoned sonographers that will help you grow
Cons
horrible management, the lead doctor has a habit or being very cynical, saying things like he wishes he was dead and inappropriate comments to patients, not organized (the supervisor would ask us what the schedule looked like), no breaks.
Experience is key
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 1, 2014
Great job for experience, management is not well rounded in this facility but one of the best places I've ever worked at because of the people you meet inside the business.
fun workplace working to be at the top of their field
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Falmouth MaineFebruary 22, 2015
My job allows for freedom to come up with multiple research projects in an attempt to further medicine and investigate ways to improve patient care and satisfaction. My job is limited in the interaction with coworkers as I am more independently based in my workflow. The hardest part of the job is having follow up success with patients.
Scanner Tech (Current Employee) –  Windham, MEOctober 24, 2013
Prep and scan in Back patient charts. Prep and scan new charts (patients coming in from other primary care). Most co-workers are very busy with there own work (patients)
Travel is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is working with the Doctors and MA's.
Pros
getting medical benefits
Cons
only a 1/2 an hour for lunch
A great company to work for with room for advancement
Clinical Specialty Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME and Kennebunk, MEApril 1, 2013
I worked for a very busy pediatric specialty office that was greatly understaffed but still one of my favorite jobs. Typical day would be to check the phone lines and the schedule. Rooming patients, Taking vitals and assisting with procedures (minor surgery and phlebotomy) were the major daily activities clinically. In the office manning the triage line, prescription line, data entry, scheduling, filing and faxing to name a few duties there. This job involved a lot of multitasking and problem solving. Maine Medical Partners is all about customer service and I also worked in the other divisions when we were able to help out.
Pros
great job, great people.
Cons
understaffed
Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJanuary 7, 2015
Responsible for the operation and coordination of the daily office function in a multi-physician specialty hospital outpatient clinic. Oversee all office operations; organizes and delegates work appropriately to effectively balance workflows. Access needs of the administrative and clinical support staff, physicians and patients, while working closely with the Practice Administrator. Responds to questions and solves problems as necessary, handles difficult situations with patients and families. Participates in interviews for prospective employees, orients and trains new staff and completes all required new employee paperwork. Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary, while ensuring that hospital outpatient clinic is staffed appropriately. Exceeded monthly co-pay goals, increased patient satisfaction through monthly surveys and monitored time to answer telephone stats, averaging 18 seconds. Monitors physician schedules enduring optimal capacity and availability. Prepares hospital outpatient clinic payroll and maintains attendance records. Assisted in the implementation of the first sub-specialty to Go-Live on the Electronic Medical Records (EPIC) in October 2010. EMR Super User.
Pros
worked with gynecologic oncology patients
Another day in the office
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, Maine 04074January 18, 2013
A typical day at work consists of, customer service. I check patients in and out, make appointments, give prescriptions etc. I have learned to be patient and empathetic towards the patients.

I feel as though there are things; such as, communication and the policies should be looked at more closely so the employees are all on the same page.

I have great, helpful co-workers. There is a particular co-worker I work closely with, we have workers very well as a team. We also discuss day to day issues so we are on the same page.

The hardest part of the job would be to see all the different things that the patients are dealing with on a day to day basis. (I work at Neurosurgery and Spine, we see a lot of Brain tumor, or other brain issues along with a lot of problems people can get.)

Another would be the fact that we're the "front line" the patients first point of contact. If they aren't happy for whatever reason we hear about it.

In the same sence, the most enjoyable part is even though most of these people are in a lot of pain, or have brain tunors, they are very polite and appreciative of the smile on our faces, or the positive people we are.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
inconsistancy with some things
Fast paced, pressure filled environment with never enough hours in the day to complete the work.
Residency Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 8, 2014
Tough environment for individuals unable to multi-task at a very fast paced. Constantly being pulled in different directions by doctors wanting their work completed. Not for the faint of heart.
Great place to work but winters are long and cold
Surgical/Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 15, 2013
Maine Medical Partners is a great place to work they take good care of their employees and care for their patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maine Medical Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3