Maine Medical Partners

Maine Medical Partners Employer Reviews

Fast paced, pressure filled environment with never enough hours in the day to complete the work.
Residency Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 8, 2014
Tough environment for individuals unable to multi-task at a very fast paced. Constantly being pulled in different directions by doctors wanting their work completed. Not for the faint of heart.
Very accommodating to staff
Medical Assistant, Call Center Rep (Current Employee), Falmouth, MENovember 22, 2013
Pros: good pay, great manager, great benefits
Cons: long ways to travel
Job is great, but not what I intended to do. I really enjoy helping people!! I learn more every day I come to work regarding people's needs and how I can help them. The hardest part of the job is not working directly with people. The most enjoyable part is knowing I have made a difference in people's lives. A typical day at work is coming in and taking – more... calls and directing them to the proper medical facility to be addressed. – less
Scanner Tech (Current Employee), Windham, MEOctober 24, 2013
Pros: getting medical benefits
Cons: only a 1/2 an hour for lunch
Prep and scan in Back patient charts. Prep and scan new charts (patients coming in from other primary care). Most co-workers are very busy with there own work (patients)
Travel is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is working with the Doctors and MA's.
A great company to work for with room for advancement
Clinical Specialty Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ME and Kennebunk, MEApril 1, 2013
Pros: great job, great people.
Cons: understaffed
I worked for a very busy pediatric specialty office that was greatly understaffed but still one of my favorite jobs. Typical day would be to check the phone lines and the schedule. Rooming patients, Taking vitals and assisting with procedures (minor surgery and phlebotomy) were the major daily activities clinically. In the office manning the triage – more... line, prescription line, data entry, scheduling, filing and faxing to name a few duties there. This job involved a lot of multitasking and problem solving. Maine Medical Partners is all about customer service and I also worked in the other divisions when we were able to help out. – less
Another day in the office
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Scarborough, Maine 04074January 18, 2013
Pros: work with great people
Cons: inconsistancy with some things
A typical day at work consists of, customer service. I check patients in and out, make appointments, give prescriptions etc. I have learned to be patient and empathetic towards the patients.

I feel as though there are things; such as, communication and the policies should be looked at more closely so the employees are all on the same page.

I have – more... great, helpful co-workers. There is a particular co-worker I work closely with, we have workers very well as a team. We also discuss day to day issues so we are on the same page.

The hardest part of the job would be to see all the different things that the patients are dealing with on a day to day basis. (I work at Neurosurgery and Spine, we see a lot of Brain tumor, or other brain issues along with a lot of problems people can get.)

Another would be the fact that we're the "front line" the patients first point of contact. If they aren't happy for whatever reason we hear about it.

In the same sence, the most enjoyable part is even though most of these people are in a lot of pain, or have brain tunors, they are very polite and appreciative of the smile on our faces, or the positive people we are. – less
Great place to work but winters are long and cold
Surgical/Medical Technician (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 15, 2013
Maine Medical Partners is a great place to work they take good care of their employees and care for their patients

About Maine Medical Partners

MaineHealth provides health care to residents of central, southern, and western Maine. The health system's facilities¬†include¬†Maine – Read more