MaineGeneral Health Employee Reviews

Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MESeptember 6, 2017
MaineGeneral is a great environment to work in. The employees are cheerful and very easy to get along with and management is wonderful. I absolutely love my job.
Pros
Great management, competitive pay, 401k, benefits.
Disgusting
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJune 11, 2017
You will be made to feel like a 2-year-old by Management. They "talk" about values and standards, but don't back it up with action themselves. Revolving door and most of the people who have stayed have never had another job. They are rewarded with favoritism. Most people are miserable at the business office in the Hathaway building where they are overworked, discouraged from speaking to each other and are "forced" to smile at each other as they walk by each other in the hallway (values and standards). The worst work experience I've ever had. Nothing like it. Stay away, it will affect you.
Pros
Snack bar
Cons
Very bad for your self esteem
Great teamwork
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 23, 2017
Maine General is a great place to work with energetic, friendly people. Great leadership and many possibilities for advancement. the physical buildings are new or newly renovated. Everyone works together to make it one of the best places to receive care in Maine.
Pros
Great team, friendly staff, great management.
Cons
long hallways
Seems top heavy with incompetent management.
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 13, 2017
Where to begin... I was administrative staff and was required to work in one of the healthcare facilities in an "office" that was basically an oversized closet, with grossly inadequate space, equipment and ventilation. Very unhealthy air quality. The air was so bad it made staff members ill, not to mention working with poor ventilation in close proximity to ill patients where you are daily at risk of exposure to airborne and other pathogens. No one should be asked to work in such conditions and definitely not non-medical staff.

The management's incompetence ranged from unprofessional and petty to downright financially disastrous (another story) and hazardous to one's health. I would definitely steer clear or, if you do consider a position with Maine General, ask a lot of questions and do your research before taking a job there. I never expected to be required to work in a space that lacked basic equipment and decent air, but there it is.
Pros
Some nice people work here, some departments seem to function well.
Cons
Health hazards, inadequate workspace and equipement, chronically incompetent management.
Office Support Person in the Pathology Dept
Office Support Person (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 3, 2017
Work will leave you Exhausted and Unappreciated, Management has favorites, so either you fit or you don't and Work Performance Lies will get you fired
Benefits
Cons
Expectations Unclear, Support Lousy, Either You Fit or You Don't, Talked about Unfairly, No Real Training, Management is Unprofessional and CLUELESS; Hardest Thing was Coming Back
Great, friendly place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEApril 27, 2017
A typical night at work tends to be busy, but therapeutic. I've learned to better appreciate the value of my work through constructive criticism by management and my peers.
Good Employer
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEApril 20, 2017
Friendly people for the most part. Laboratory is a good place to work. Some people retire from there. Campus is nice with walking trails, ducks and geese.
Pros
nice campus
alot of work for to little people
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEApril 18, 2017
not enough staff for all the demands , but they do try to make things even and the benefits are good, and the people that work there are easy to get along with
Mainegeneral
Housekeeper, Cashier, Cooking (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEMarch 6, 2017
For most of my career at Maine General I had no problems. By the end of my time at Maine General I got treated harshly and accused of many problems I did not do.
Pros
good benifits and somegood people to work with
Cons
Management was not helpful
Great managers
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEFebruary 17, 2017
The managers that I have had at MGMC have been wonderful to work for, each of them were strong supporters for my continued education with my bachelors and masters degrees.
Nice facility with clueless senior management
Informatics technology (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 27, 2017
Learned a great amount of new skills, wonderful facility, most favorite part of my job was patient interaction. Lots of nice co-workers.

Job culture is a fa├žade. Clueless and back stabbing senior management, CEO does not have any insight of what is going on, no job security, hectic work and unrealistic expectations.
Pros
good earned time benefits, beautiful facility, great co-workers and great patients
Cons
expensive health insurance, backstabbing and clueless senior management, no job security, no advancement opportunity
like a circus
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEDecember 21, 2016
MaineGeneral needs help within management, to many managers have a poor work ethic. Many employees are focused on non work related issues or projects. Pay is okay but raises, even cost of living are very small.
great enviorment to work
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEDecember 20, 2016
I found my job at Maine General to be very positive. The staff and employees were great to work with. They gave excellent training, supervisors were always fair and encouraging.
Pros
very good enviorment to work in
Great people
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 10, 2016
Great people to work with. Supportive management. Good time off. Health insurance is not great. Staff to pt ratio is great.
Pros
Time off, reimburse education
A culture of dishonesty.
RN (Former Employee) –  Med-Surg/TelemetryJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed working as a nurse at Augusta General, until I was fired. I honestly don't know how I could have avoided it, however. Every time I did something that someone (tech, nurse, or supervisor) disapproved of, I would find out about it in a meeting days later. I was never given specifics, or an idea on how I could improve, just "someone said you were rude to them", or "you need to fill out more of the admission assessment. Not necessarily all of it, just more."

This is a nice little town with plenty going for it, and I met some nurses I really liked, but I need coworkers who are there to help me be the best I can be, not gossips and backstabbers.
Pros
Nice town to work in.
Cons
Gossip-heavy, supervisors who fear direct confrontation.
If you like being ostracized and belittled, this is your place
Effective decision-maker (Former Employee) –  MaineJuly 12, 2016
This is the worst place I worked in 27 years. Management delights In belittling you. They lie to you about education offered then offer you nothing. The workers there were strung out on something; many days they were barely able to to their job.
Run don't walk away from this company.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Worrying that patients may not be in qualified hands
Fast paced health care organization
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEMay 27, 2016
I enjoy working here. I have learned much about HR and about myself. Focused on auditing employee data, some research and report generating.
A Great Place to Grow in Your Career
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEFebruary 9, 2016
I started for MaineGeneral as a temp five years ago; within months, a position became available and I was excited at the opportunity. Within my time there, my supervisors constantly groomed me to grow in my positions. They were available to communicate challenges as well as successes. MGH has a culture of excellence that makes you feel like a valued employee, like you are truly making a difference to the entire organization.
Great Work Environment
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEDecember 9, 2015
Good family feel and ample opportunity for advancement. You also get a lot of vacation time and benefits are very affordable.
working with people within the community
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEOctober 12, 2015
MaineGeneral Health is a good place to work. Good benefits (insurance, etc.), nice people to work with. My position requires a variety of skills and a need to be flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaineGeneral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9