MaineHealth Employee Reviews

Great company to begin your career BUT...
Crisis Clinician (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJune 22, 2017
Leadership positions seem to never be posted. They just get announced. Long waiting list for outpatient services because 13 clinicians left in one year. Lone standing staff leaving. Huge turnover and terrible engagement survey.
Pros
Good for entry level jobs to gain experience
Cons
Poor promotion
Review Summary
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEJune 20, 2017
My career at Maine health was a pleasant work experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the group of people I did. Everyone is there to help and support the patients and employees the best they can.
An Amazing Executive Director
Employment Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 16, 2017
It was unfortunate the grant ended with this job, Some of the most amazing management staff ever. The Executive Director never stopped. Her ideas were amazing. The program provided insight into breaking barriers for those in the ASPIRE program. It provided HOPE. I was blessed to be able to be a part of that and see the inspiration it gave to participants.
Pros
Did good for people who participated. Lots of support from management, and upper management. Lots of training for staff.
Cons
The job ended.
CODING COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Maine Partners and would recommend it to anyone who asked. There are opportunities for advancement within the organization.
Be careful who you talk with
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 14, 2017
This department is a rumor mill. No one has your back and nothing stays secret. Depending on who you make friends with you can become fast enemies with half the department. If you find yourself working here, keep your life separate from work and don't trust management on personal matters. They will tell the rest of the department. Keep conversations strictly work related. Trust me.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
High school level drama
fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 9, 2017
the team work is great here. wonderful work place. they pay very well to. definitely one of my top favorite places to work. great location also. the hardest part about the job is the long hours.
dont work for security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 1, 2017
Security department is grossly under paid. Supervisors ar good management is not. Over worked and understaffed. High likelyhood of being assaulted, but MMC won't call the police and press charges
A trip back to high school
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 1, 2017
Do your research before accepting a temp job at the CBO. The training is very scattered and you will be expected to know things you were never trained on. There are many temps here and very few trainers which makes finding the answers to questions even more difficult. There is no parking and you will need to ride a shuttle from an offsite location. This is an experience in itself. It is wild ride and you will quickly learn the clicks. Upper management plays favorites and if you can get on the inside great but if you can't good luck getting help when you need it. Most of the people are nice if you can don't get to close or can find a click where you fit in. If you don't mind the drama and are good at figuring things out on your own you might fair okay. I am sticking it out for now but hoping something else comes along soon. free
Pros
Free epic training
Cons
Drama, parking, privacy
Horrible Management At MMP Internal Medicine!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 29, 2017
I got hired here for a medical assistant position & within 3 weeks of working here I was forced to resign on threats of being terminated by my manager bc of hear say from another employee! Not only was I forced to resign , but the manager actually wanted me to lie to the provider I roomed for & other employees on why I was resigning. This was my 1st job working as a MA & it should have been an awesome experience, but instead it was horrible! I have never working at a place so poorly managed in my life! Now this was at MMP Internal Medicine so I can't speak for other Maine Health practices...
Pros
Great People To Work With, Fun Work Environment
Cons
Bad managment, Bad training environment for new ma's
Exciting Healthcare organization
CFO at Southern Maine Health Care (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 24, 2017
Southern Maine Health Care had a strong non-profit healthcare mission and was of the range of services that it provided. These services were provided by very qualified physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Maine Health is a Great organization
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  15 Industrial Drive SacoMay 22, 2017
Through my Contracts with Maine Health I have been fortunate enough to gain a lot of varied experiences with Maine Medical Center it has been a great experience
Touch Management Team
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 17, 2017
This company is good to work for in certain departments only. It is very disheartening to see how some supervisors and managers are given the fact that this is a HEALTH CARE facility.
Productive and fun work place
Peri-operative SST, Level II (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 15, 2017
I had a great supervisor that went above and beyond to work with my school schedule and made sure I received benefits and health insurance which I need for nursing school. Everyone I worked with worked together and it always was a positive environment.
Pros
Positive, good management, advancement opportunities
Great Company
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, ME 04005May 14, 2017
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is a great company to work for, they have a close feeling of camaraderie, they have good health, dental, vision benefits. They have recently merged into one big company under the Maine Health umbrella, raises have not happened in several years and compensation for the residential care workers and more hands on employees is not ideal with the amount of intense hands on work we do. If the compensation and room for advancement was there I would stay there forever. I absolutely love the people I work with and the clients but the compensation is not enough to live on.
Has potential to be a great place to work
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 12, 2017
I can't speak for all Maine Health facilities, but I can speak for the one in Biddeford. I enjoy the co-workers and staff I interact with, but I can't say much for the management. There is no incentive to want to excel, almost EVERY department is understaffed and there is no support mechanism for employees. People are over worked, and under appreciated. The salary is BELOW the state average with no incentive from management to at least raise it to competitive standards.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management
fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 27, 2017
experienced and knowledgeable staff
accepting of new team members
management professional
nice hospital
benefits decent
patient ratios fair
broad patient demographic
to much micro managing
patient insurance follow up (Current Employee) –  scarborough, meApril 21, 2017
It was a great place until they starting taking everything away from us like cubicles flex time etc. The parking is terrible and now we have to pay
to park.
*Rockland*
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEApril 17, 2017
This is a terrible place to work, the environment was terrible, management was the worst. I worked there for about 6 months and I saw 10 or more people coming and going. The employees weren't bad it was mostly management and everyone complained about them but they didn't care so I left.
Pros
long breaks, easy to work with employees
Cons
everything else
not very well managed
Staff Tehnologist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 14, 2017
It has been a long time since I worked there I don't think is could give a very good over view of what is going on now. I have heard there have been a lot of changes with department and physicians
fast paced job
Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEApril 10, 2017
Job is very fast paced and sometimes stressful, rewarding when I help patients and they are appreciative, lots to keep busy throughout the day, have to have patience.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
only one break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaineHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval