MaineHealth Employee Reviews

Challenging & varied duties in an undisciplined work environment with a micro managing and volatile manager.
Payroll Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portland MEJune 9, 2016
I learned use of Lawson GL and Payroll applications, direct filing of Payroll withholding & SUTA taxes and increased my Excel skills. The environment was less than professional with constant non-work related chatter, off color comments and an inept supervisor. The most difficult part of the job was the GL reconciliations. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with other departments and outside agencies in resolving issues.
Pros
Good salary
Too many Chiefs
Billing office (Former Employee) –  MaineJuly 1, 2016
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Upper management thinks all jobs are easy to do and a trained monkey can do it. Never understanding the people learn at different levels. You never learn fast enough and you never do enough work. Unless you're a favorite then you can chat all day and have your workload pushed onto someone else.
Pros
They seem friendly in the beginning...
Cons
SMHC does not care about the employee.
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR / SELF PAY (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, ME, Saco, and Sanford, MEAugust 9, 2016
Management only cared about how much you can get done in one day and not about the employee anymore. Primecare Physiciians and SMMC merged with Goodall into Southern Maine Health Care and the caring and quality has gone away.
Pros
cafeteria at the hospital site
Cons
No bonus at Christmas or Thanks giving
compatible with co workers
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, MEMay 1, 2016
It is a joy to see the patients happy when you deliver the meals to them. Actually interacting with the patients I have become more understanding of other peoples pain and more sensitive towards them. I love interacting with other people because it makes the day more productive and eventful.
Pros
gettting to know the patients
Cons
can't move up at all
no good deed goes unpunished
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 20, 2016
Don't volunteer for anything or you'll suddenly find yourself owning others projects that they didn't want.
Management has surrounded itself with yes men and in my four years 5 new managers/directors were added to the chain of command between myself and the CEO.
Lack of clinician support and poor management
Maine, Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEJuly 7, 2016
Challenging environment, lack of clinical support, revolving door of good clinicians coming in and going out. Assembly line of clients without opportunity to recharge...bottom line more important than quality of care.
Understaffed and overworked.
Certified Medical Dosimetrist (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 7, 2016
unless you're invested in staying in Maine, its not a good fit. If you NEED to stay in Maine, its THE ONLY place to work.
Understaffed, underpaid, and underappreciated.
Pros
Maine is beautiful!
Cons
workload and time investment necessary.
Good Experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 9, 2016
Not a bad company to work for.Enjoyed the people worked with.
Though my choosen line of work, it was a good experience. Management was understanding with work life balance
Pros
Good people
Cons
difficult advancement
Excellent Place to Work!
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MEMarch 4, 2016
I have been working for MaineHealth for almost two years; nowhere else have I found the supportive environment and stellar coworkers that I have here. With so many different organizations under the MaineHealth umbrella there is always room to grow and move.

My position requires that I work closely with Managers and employees from all over MaineHealth and my interactions have been largely positive. Since MaineHealth is a non-profit company, the salaries may not be as high as a for-profit company but I believe the growth and learning opportunities more than make up for the difference.
Pros
Supportive environment; excellent benefits; growth & learning opportunities
Cons
Lower pay than for-profit companies but worth it.
You get what you give
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Portland MaineMarch 4, 2016
I have been working at MaineHealth since June 2014. Coming from a smaller non health care company of 2,000 employees it was shocking at first. I work with people daily that I have never met in person. BUT I have found in two years that you get what you put in. If you want to make work friends and take on unique projects across divisions, the opportunity is there. You just need to go for it. Management at a variety of levels has been great at harnessing the energy of a relatively green new hire like myself. They also pushed me to take advantage of the 2k tuition reimbursement AND I am going for my MBA.

You can always tie back what you do to quality and patient satisfaction. I wish I made a bit more money, but the job is so satisfying and there are career paths all over the place. Your return on investment for working at MaineHealth will be high.
Pros
Many resources available, career paths
Cons
parking
I will be committed to working with any people of all walks of life
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 12, 2016
Hard working at this company
leadership learning at this company
team work with co-workers
ambition to become/grow
all parts of the job
Pros
workoholic
Cons
underworked task
Fast Growing Company
Crisis Response Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MEJuly 9, 2016
Things have changed a lot since the merge of the company but if you are looking for a large mental health agency to work in this is the place you are looking for.
good company
Billing and Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEFebruary 16, 2016
The physicians and staff are very good to work with. however the management is very difficult. There is no room for advancement due to the favoritism. I enjoy coding and learning new things. I would like to be in a company that promotes growth opportunities and does not restrict or discourage self improvement and learning.
Serves the community and beyond
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 8, 2016
I have worked at Maine Medical Center for over a decade and it is a great place to work. It has a community feel with caring for the community as the focus. I'm proud to work for an organization that has such an impact on the state of Maine.
Demanding fast paced work environment.
Facility Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 28, 2016
I only left Maine Health because I was at a pay freeze for the past 6,5 years with no chance for job promotion due to the fact that those above me had no plans to leave.
nice
Phlebotomist III April (Current Employee) –  MaineApril 26, 2016
great benefits, paid mileage, friendly atmosphere, very informative training, wonderful trainers. Administration is very understanding and helpful. this is a great place to work.
Horrible place to work
Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SPring HarborMarch 15, 2016
No work home life balance. Management is horrible do not care about clients. Co-workers all against each other. The communte is awful. GOing home is the best part of my day
Excellent
First assist to surgeons in the operating room (Current Employee) –  Portland ManeApril 17, 2016
Good job work/life balance. Good compensation/benefits. Job security and advancement good.
Co-workers are great, working as a team.
Productive and fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEApril 12, 2016
For a small scale hospital it has great staff and is a very enjoyable place to work. The nursing staff is some of the best in the state.
Great staff
Phlebotomist III (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 12, 2016
Working at NorDx is always fun with great staff and training. There is great team work and the management is willing to work with you.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Wages