Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced and great people to work with, lots of opportunity
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYOctober 4, 2017
I had a great job and wonderful boss. No two days were the same which was great for me. You are given the opportunity to learn everything about the company, it's customers, vendors etc. and I did. I had a wonderful experience in my 17 years!
Poor management.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Maines has poor management and not very much stability. Co-workers are very nice and helpful. Management goes in and out a revolving door. Things are constantly changing.
not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NY 13748September 8, 2017
They are very tough on employees. Very high turnover unless you need the job to live, then people stay. Raises have been frozen for three years unless it is mandatory for minimum raise by the state. You are told that you are to ask first before doing anything and ask the right people. usually those people always unavailable for help. Follow the rules and procedures and you still can get in trouble or fired. Lots of gossip, to the point, that it is on the verge of harassment. Moving around can be hard if they need you in a department that you want to leave. They will make an excuse to hold you back.
Pros
401K, sos so benifits
Cons
Turnover rate, no raises for 3 years, harrassment
Could be a lot better
Lead Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYSeptember 1, 2017
Maines has great potential, but old ways of thinking, micro-management, inefficiencies, employee retention, & quality of life for associates make it difficult for them to excel. Be more open minded, trust your associates & let middle management do their jobs instead of holding them down and you could see great changes & efficiencies improve.
Pros
Flexible hours, Decent pay when raises are available & casual attire
Cons
A great deal of inefficiencies throughout that make the jobs more difficult for all.
Climate Controlled
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNAugust 28, 2017
You'll be spending your days in a cold climate controlled area. The work isn't very hard at all. You'll be building up pallets with orders from companies such as Wendy's
Terrible
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Perryman, MDAugust 21, 2017
Only got a flate rate of 135 per day, would work 12-14 hours a day you do the math. Terrible place to work they only care about themselves and don't wanna give you money you deserve
Pros
Cons
Pay hours etc
Maines paper and food is unorganized
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNAugust 10, 2017
Maines paper & food is a cool company but it is also unoraganized. I wouldn't recommend anybody to work here only if youre a new its good for getting more driving experience
Maines Paper & Party Source
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 9, 2017
Maines is a local company gone nationally. First, only for restaurants to get what they ran out of. Now it is a public company
that is always crazy busy. I learned how to run a register while running around the store looking for codes so I can check out people before they get upset. I am always told by customers I have a nice smile.
Pros
10% off groceries
Cons
NO RAISES EVER!! long days, short breaks, must be able to lift 40lbs
Maines is a good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working there a lot. I felt at home and comfortable around everyone there. They are helpful. Work wasn't hard at all learned pretty quick. If you are looking for a career, it's not a bad place to start.
Pros
The benefits are lovely
Cons
if you dont have your own reliable transportation there and back you wont las
Delivery to all the burger kings and Wendy's plus Chick-fil-a
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNAugust 3, 2017
Management is poor. No communication. Pay is ok. But it's you going overwork yourself for it. Trucks are all bad besides the rental trucks. Good benefits.
Pros
Home every other day
Cons
Overworking and overwhelming
horrible
Delivery Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHAugust 2, 2017
I won't recommend this job to know one. management doesn't care about nobody there. drivers are consistently breaking down on the road. management does't want to fix majors that's happening in the facility.
An ok place to work
Certified Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 21, 2017
An ok place to work, not much time for families, a lot of hours of work and a ton of labor with very short minimum pay and a lot of time away from nome and family
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
poor pay
what should I say
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYJuly 6, 2017
multi line phone, keying orders,.. I liked the pay and benefits they offered, There was no communication between the different departments, which made my job very difficult .
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no comunication
Hard work
TRUCK DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJune 29, 2017
They switched the pay to a flat rate per route. $170 a night. Not worth it when you work 3rd shift. Drivers used to make a lot of money before we lost contracts but now it is less work for of course less money.
Pros
on your own
Cons
working outside, lifting boxes
Dont get hurt near rebids, or else you get scraps
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TNJune 29, 2017
You can make money here, but you're gonna work for it. As long as that freight leaves yard it's on you. Warehouse loads are terrible. Pro is your home every day.
N/a
Trailer-Driver Delivery (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJune 22, 2017
Drove tractor trailers. Pay was not what they said it was. Management need improvement. Routes were not always coordinated appropriately. They need to improve overall.
Not that bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDJune 16, 2017
Work there for 6 years it just tax on your body .i just fell as though I had to work to hard to make the money I dissever.
No I don't have much more to say about this company
There was a lot of opportunity for overtime, and the work was physical.
Selector (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJune 13, 2017
I liked to work for Maines because I like to have a job that is physical were i get exercise from it, I also liked it because there was a lot of opportunity for overtime that was optional, and that there were good benefits and that it was closes to where i live.
Pros
The opportunity for optional overtime.
Cons
There was very little work during the summertime
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 9, 2017
Management is unreliable and lacks knowledge. Would not recommend if you want a life outside of work. New hires be prepared to work alone. Training is minimal.
Normal Work ethic
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMay 17, 2017
Everything is a learning process with good management guidance your day should run fast and smooth. Over the years this place has turned from a family oriented company to a sorry its just business company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8