Mainland Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excelllent place to work
Echo Vascular technician (Former Employee), Texas City, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Patient care and doing studies
Cons: Reading the studies, doctors should read them.
Excellent place to work. No complaints to report.
Management is adorable and really nice.
Coworkers are really smart and very nice.
Very comfortab place to work. Family oriented feeling
Quality Specialist/Core Measures Nurse (Former Employee), Texas City, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: parking
Cons: passive aggressive manager
Became proficient in Core Measures. Management fair. Loved co workers. Manager very passive aggressive. Parking best part.
Safe and productive work place
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Safe and productive work environment with an emphasis on patient care.
fun
Texas City, TX- Registrar (Current Employee), Texas City, TXAugust 30, 2014
i work with lots of fun people who love there job and like what they do.
Ultrasound Supervisor (Current Employee), Texas City TxJune 2, 2014
Texas City Tx
This is a small hospital that is willing to teach. It is a good place to work.
great opportunity
Nursing Intern (Former Employee), Texas City, TXApril 21, 2014
Mainland gave me the opportunity to experience nursing while I was in nursing school. Thank you for this opportunity
Great Company
Director (Former Employee), Texas City, TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: training and development
Cons: pay
Medi-Dyn was a great organization that promoted from within and trained thier manager well.
No advancement opportunities and employer is lowest payer
Registrar-Admitting Services (Former Employee), Texas City, TxJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: bonuses every quarter if eligible
Cons: no opportunities to advance
Company does not value it's employees, only it's patient's.
place close to home
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Texas City, TXNovember 18, 2013
Pros: cheap food in cafeteria
Cons: very busy in day time
most young nurses are willing to learn from older nurses
working at this company had a lot of old school nurses that would teach you how to do things
liked working with fellow co workers got along with doctors were very nice
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Texas City, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: floating to different floors
Cons: being prn worked nights and days
Very busy. Had a 5 patient load and at times floated to different floors one floor you had to care for four patients, enter orders, answer phones, and do nurse technicians work, as well as being the nurse. That was difficult. The best time was on the psych unit. I enjoyed that, but I was PRN and needed benefits.
clean place
ultrasound tech (Former Employee), texas city, texasNovember 4, 2013
the hospital has a nice, new ultrasound machine. the people are a little click-y and standoffish, but if you can get past that, it's fine.
Staff is negative
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJuly 3, 2013
When I worked there, the hospital received multiple TDCJ inmates. I overheard multiple staff members discussing it at the nurses station and expressed the opinion that those people didn't deserve medical care because they were inmates. This was brought to the attention of management and it was never addressed.
THE BEST JOB I EVER HAD
Histology Technician HT(ASCP) (Former Employee), Texas City, TXApril 8, 2013
Pros: loved the co workers
Cons: job turned in to different job .
WAS VERY HAPPY WITH JOB INTENDED TO RETIRE THERE BUT JOB DESCRIPTION CHANGED TO BLOOD COLLECTOR AT THE END ,THEN JOB WENT TO PART TIME DUE TO ECONOMY.
Enjoy going to work
Executive Chef/Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Texas City, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Cons: bconnected
Was a very much in need of help. Made many changes wish that I could have been there longer.
Would work for them again
Nurse Tech- Pedi Med Surg (Former Employee), Texas City, TXDecember 17, 2012
Pros: i did enjoy the night shift and the 12 hours
Cons: getting used to the night shift
Would work for them again, I learned a lot while I was there. I enjoyed talking with the patients and providing excellent patient care. At time it was or seemed to be impossible to complete all task at hand but always seemed to find the time to do it.
Educational Work Place...Learned alot of new things
Current Nurse Tech CNA (Former Employee), Texas City, TexasOctober 17, 2012
• Provide the direct, patient care for assigned patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
• Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to the patient treatment.
• Report any significant information or change in patient condition to the supervisor.
• Assist with all emergency operational procedures.
• Observing patients on a 1:1 care plan
just not for me now
Team Lead (Current Employee), texas cityAugust 28, 2012
i love what i do there. I enjoy working with my co workers. But the mangment team has changed over the years, and its time for me to move on.
Emphasis on quality and compassional care
Director of Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Texas City, TXAugust 12, 2012
Pros: community based hospital, tuition reinbursement, ongoing staff development, personal recognition
Cons: the building and physical plant are dated, difficult to recruit and maintain the most desirable physicians and staff, pay scale less than other hospitals in th surrounding area
Patient care and patient satisfaction were definitely first and foremost in the care provided at MMC. Each day the Senior Managers would round on every patient to find out their perception of the care that we were providing and what we could do to improve that care. If any problems were discovered, they would be resolved that very moment. As Director, I attended regular committee meetings covering risk assessments, quality (SCIP), falls committees, Physician satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and Nurse executive committees, etc.
I rounded on each of the units I managed and supervised several times daily. Remaining visible to the staff, patients, and physicians are a priority in organizational and management skills.
I have strived throughtout my career to continually develop and improve my communication and leadership skills. I have learned that it is important to personally reevaluate these skill sets to ensure that I maintain and acquire new and different perspectives in these critical areas. As a manager and leader, it is one of my core beliefs that it is essential to empower my employees and help them develop their reasoning and leadership skills to build the confidence and rapport with the staff to foster a true team effort approach.
Its a nice place to work
Patient care technician (Current Employee), Texas City, TXJuly 30, 2012
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: not enough staff
A typical day at work is being extra short on staff and our shift being told that patients are complaining because of what happend the weekend that our shift was off. So we need to fix any complaints. My management was ok just unappreciative at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was workin with my co-workers and my patients
Great place to work.
LVN I (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJune 12, 2012
Fast paced, friendly co-workers, always learning. 12 hour shifts were great.