Mainscape Employee Reviews

lunchons and outings for managment
Operations Field Manager (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: heat exposer
to visit properties of clients and provide top notch landscape maintence services. Learned to expand knowlwdge of spanish. I have all cultures of ethicticity to work with. The hardest part of the job is having to discipline coworkers. The best part of the job is making friends with coworkers.
productive and love working outside
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee), Rosamond, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: working outside and with co-workers
Cons: not a full 40 hours of work
Good co-workers and fun while working. Check equipment and start cutting mowing whatever was assigned to u. Had fun while working but being safe at the safe time.
Easy and smooth
Landscaping Laborer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: sometimes the managers would buy everybody pizza for lunch
Cons: some days where hotter than others, but if you dressed for it you would be okay
Got work done and out the way early in the day. We all worked together to get the job done. The benefits were good, the pay was okay, and we got to have a little fun.
horrible
laborer (Former Employee), Columbus gaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: not one
Cons: this one of the worst jobs i have had
I recommend you don't apply for this job go somewhere else. This is an horrible place to work the mechanic think his an supervisor they got an person in charge of an crew that need to bee in speech class. You can ask him to repeat something he think your trying to make fun of him. The manager i swear was on something. I have been doing landscape the last three seasons could've stayed where but thought this was an better job boy was i WRONG.
This company is horrible to work for!
Property Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, In/wilmington, ncJuly 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: long work hours, horrible managers, horrible working environment
I did not work for Mainscape, but my husband did. His first manager was awesome, and treated him with respect. He acknowledged my husband's 18 years of landscape experience. Then it went downhill. He was a property manager for a $4 million dollar contract yet he never once received a raise! They worked him 24/hrs a day 7 days a week. He was always on call. We decided for the best of our family and his health that we should find something with a more stable working environment. He looked for a transfer. We found one in North Carolina....a 900 mile move away from family and friends, and I left a job I had for seven years to transfer him where we would be able to have a more stable working environment.
We made this move, depleted our savings, and left everything we had. His boss was arrogant and disrespectful. He expected my husband to work long hours, work 50+ hours, in the horrible heat! He was suppose to be a foreman of the trimming crew. Never once did he have the proper equipment, and he was told they had not let go of the foreman who my husband was suppose to replace.
After not even 3 1/2 weeks did this idiot of a manager call my husband over and fired him. No warnings, no reprimands, no write-ups. Unbelievable! And the benefits were a joke. Save yourself and don't work for this company! It's not worth it.
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLMarch 30, 2014
A nice place to work, with good co-workers. The managers are very flexible when they have to be.
Strict workplace.
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJanuary 20, 2014
Not much to say here, We work 10 hours a day everyday of the week, we only got Saturday & Sunday off, Other than that we were always hard at work we didn't get many breaks, always up on are feet not time for rest or relaxation.
Very Chaotic but great co workers
Landscape Foreman/Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no progress to move anyone up
Its very crazy considering since I am suppose to be spraying and not babysitting others because somedays I am working alone spraying other days I am with different crews training or having to watch them constantly to make sure everything is being done correctly
Extremely hott outdoor labor.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAMarch 18, 2013
Manage employees, finish projects ahead of schedule correctly. Drive an hour to work and clock in and out at the exact location everyday.
horrible place to work
commercial lawn and landscape pest control tech (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 26, 2012
Pros: cant think of any
Cons: the pay, the job, the management
I killed myself everyday to do the best job possible for this company. The over time was horrible and the management was the worst. Co-workers were very disrespectful to me and one another. It was an extremely unprofessional environment and I wouldnt ever recommend the job to anyone. EVER!!!
the management are the boss friend, not the people that knows what thir are doing
Crew (Current Employee), flordiaApril 25, 2012
Pros: long hours
Cons: there is not a thing for you
I work there and are boss here is from the area and her made all of his friends from school the managment team.