Mainscape Employee Reviews

Very big on safety and lots of team effort
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaMay 27, 2017
Overall I really like the job wouldn't mind having my job back it was a great environment to work with and the management work with you. Teamwork was a big must I'll tho you may have complications sometimes but us as grown folks we all go through things and just have to look past them to get the job done and that was the great thing about working with the guys I did!
Unable to do their job
Landscape Enhancement Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 30, 2017
So much great potential with this company, however they are run by people unable to do their job properly. Always looking for a cheap way out to save a buck at the risk of the business.
Taking care of the landscape and maintenance
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2017
I fill a variety of roles within the overall gardening community. Also I perform a myriad of tasks; including consulting with the landscape architect, and meeting with clients, nursery personnel, and other garden workers to clarify any points of interest. I am required to prepare the grounds prior to planting seeds or young plants. This can be done with machinery for a large area, or using hand tools when a small yard requires a more delicate touch.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
not enough work hours
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 16, 2016
Good company to work for, plenty of work and hours during warmer weather. During winter season hours are lowered. There's not a lot of grass or other jobs to do when the winter season starts.
Pros
Great hours during warm weather
Cons
Not enough hours/work during colder weather
fun work place full of strong driven employees
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAOctober 16, 2016
The branch manager ,Ben, was the best boss i have worked for. This company gave me numerous oppertunities to prove I could do the tasks given at hand. Mainescape was one of the best learning experiences work wise I have ever gotten. Mainly due to the company puting trust in my abilities labor wise.
Pros
Monthly bonuses and overtime oppertunities
Cons
Short breaks in harsh working environments
great company
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCApril 6, 2016
i loved this company and hope i can get my job back there.the company always looked out for me even when i was sick they are a gratr company to work for
Pros
loved my job great experience and exercise
Cons
bad weather
Productive, Fun Workplace
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 4, 2016
This workplace was very fun, all members, employees, and supervisors are very dedicated to their job and safety is number one priority.
looking for Job
Mowing (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 22, 2016
I would get up at 5am and start my truck and start my route I was on my truck all week long until Friday or Saturday. Get Sunday off and restart my week on Monday. I would go in to a receiver and give them the bills and wait in my truck until they where done.
worth the experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2016
It provided me with plenty experience. it also gave me the chance to learn about irrigation,plant identification,and equipment management.
Needs a facelift
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 14, 2015
Work days during the summer are 7-6 pm generally, I have learned the basics of lawn care. There is no stability with this company. There is no room for advancement in my local area. There is no cross training into other areas to make employees more adaptable. Once you start on a mowing crew you are pretty much stuck there. The management is very scared to make decisions especially when there are personnel issues. The crew foreman are baby sitters or just drivers for the crews. They have no power to deal with personnel issues in the field. Most of the workers are ok. The hardest part of the job is the lack of hours that comes during the winter months and on rain days. Once this year we received a bonus check and nothing else the rest of the year. There seems to be more desire to maintain the equipment than caring for the employees. Lastly, there are no training programs for advancement. Also there are no benefits for this company.
Pros
Can learn a trade, work hours during the summer
Cons
work hours during the winter, management, lack of leadership, equipment over people
Branch was poorly run
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort LeonardwoodJuly 21, 2015
Favoritism in the work place. Management did not care to make sure all problems and matters were addressed if it did not seem an immediate issue to him, however he was a good guy.

Other than an exceptional few, most people there did not have the ability to work hard or just didnt want to but we didnt have enough applicants to afford losing another body

worked 12 hours a day in extreme heat with poorly maintained equipment
lunchons and outings for managment
Operations Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 11, 2015
to visit properties of clients and provide top notch landscape maintence services. Learned to expand knowlwdge of spanish. I have all cultures of ethicticity to work with. The hardest part of the job is having to discipline coworkers. The best part of the job is making friends with coworkers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
heat exposer
productive and love working outside
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CAMarch 6, 2015
Good co-workers and fun while working. Check equipment and start cutting mowing whatever was assigned to u. Had fun while working but being safe at the safe time.
Pros
working outside and with co-workers
Cons
not a full 40 hours of work
Easy and smooth
Landscaping Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Got work done and out the way early in the day. We all worked together to get the job done. The benefits were good, the pay was okay, and we got to have a little fun.
Pros
Sometimes the managers would buy everybody pizza for lunch
Cons
Some days where hotter than others, but if you dressed for it you would be okay
horrible
laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus gaJanuary 18, 2015
I recommend you don't apply for this job go somewhere else. This is an horrible place to work the mechanic think his an supervisor they got an person in charge of an crew that need to bee in speech class. You can ask him to repeat something he think your trying to make fun of him. The manager i swear was on something. I have been doing landscape the last three seasons could've stayed where but thought this was an better job boy was i WRONG.
Pros
not one
Cons
this one of the worst jobs i have had
This company is horrible to work for!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, In/wilmington, ncJuly 14, 2014
I did not work for Mainscape, but my husband did. His first manager was awesome, and treated him with respect. He acknowledged my husband's 18 years of landscape experience. Then it went downhill. He was a property manager for a $4 million dollar contract yet he never once received a raise! They worked him 24/hrs a day 7 days a week. He was always on call. We decided for the best of our family and his health that we should find something with a more stable working environment. He looked for a transfer. We found one in North Carolina....a 900 mile move away from family and friends, and I left a job I had for seven years to transfer him where we would be able to have a more stable working environment.
We made this move, depleted our savings, and left everything we had. His boss was arrogant and disrespectful. He expected my husband to work long hours, work 50+ hours, in the horrible heat! He was suppose to be a foreman of the trimming crew. Never once did he have the proper equipment, and he was told they had not let go of the foreman who my husband was suppose to replace.
After not even 3 1/2 weeks did this idiot of a manager call my husband over and fired him. No warnings, no reprimands, no write-ups. Unbelievable! And the benefits were a joke. Save yourself and don't work for this company! It's not worth it.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, horrible managers, horrible working environment
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMarch 30, 2014
A nice place to work, with good co-workers. The managers are very flexible when they have to be.
Strict workplace.
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJanuary 20, 2014
Not much to say here, We work 10 hours a day everyday of the week, we only got Saturday & Sunday off, Other than that we were always hard at work we didn't get many breaks, always up on are feet not time for rest or relaxation.
Very Chaotic but great co workers
Landscape Foreman/Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2013
Its very crazy considering since I am suppose to be spraying and not babysitting others because somedays I am working alone spraying other days I am with different crews training or having to watch them constantly to make sure everything is being done correctly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no progress to move anyone up
Extremely hott outdoor labor.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMarch 18, 2013
Manage employees, finish projects ahead of schedule correctly. Drive an hour to work and clock in and out at the exact location everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mainscape. Our community is ready to answer.