Major Brands Employee Reviews

Never enough work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2017
It is very time consuming, waiting around for a job at Labor Ready and half the time you don't end up with a job for the day at all. The pay is awful and most of the jobs that you do get sent on aren't pleasant either. I would rather not have to work for this company ever again
Pros
Pay daily
Cons
Doesnt pay well
Working for Private Company
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYFebruary 19, 2017
A Typical day here I would ,Developing Webplatform ,Write,Film,Edit & Market Advertisement to creating slogans,I've learn I'm not Superman I can't do it all in one day .
Cons
Healthcare, Pay& work environment
Fantastic place to build a career
Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
I've worked on both sides - a publicly traded, Fortune 500 company where I got to work in one small section of the company and at Major Brands, where you're challenged to take on a lot but you'll get work on everything. Major Brands is by far the best place I've ever worked. There are a lot of challenges the company faces and a lot of questions that need answered. If you're into process improvement the world is your oyster here. A very flat organization means you'll work cross-collaboratively with a myriad of departments on different initiatives. They'll empower even the most entry-level of analysts to deliver results, achieve deadlines and manage projects. Company culture is mostly relaxed; keep it clean, dress business casual, and you'll put in 40+ hours a week (never less). Very family-friendly, if you have family issues they will not bawk if you need to leave abruptly; family comes first and you'll feel like a part of a small family here. Management is all about development and further education as long as you continue to meet your requirements. Appraisals are silly; even if you're the best in class you'll never get to give yourself a "5" in any category because 5's have cured cancer and walked on water in one calendar year. You will HAVE to collaborate in this job, otherwise you won't be successful. If you can't work with other people you're done. Suppliers are always in and out of the office with fun events going on weekly and new products to keep it interesting. CEO is right here in STL office, very cool and fun. She is outgoing and empowering. If you put  more... in a minimum of 40 hours, you're hungry to learn and do more things, have a positive attitude this is the place for you to flourish.  less
Pros
Flat organization means you get to work a lot, Very family friendly, Small company means you'll get to know almost everyone, Passionate employees, Management promoted due to prowess in their field opposed to who-you-know, Honesty & integrity & fairness are the foundations of the office environment
Cons
If you're a smoker essentially no smoking on company property, Company still hasn't conquered sales-versus-finance mentality, You'll gather experiences not job titles, If you can't meet your expectations they will not hesitate to fire you
Shipping (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 12, 2017
Pros:The benefits are good and pay is decent, overall good company. There is overtime available most of the time.
Cons: It is hard to get on the day shift. It is a very physical job which is hard on the body.
Nice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Nice place to work. No weekends &weekly pay. They dont have benefits but u can surely make somw money here. Typixal 7a-4p. Roufhly 1200 week!!
Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day is 5a- 5p. They dont really pay much but the work was permanent. They were under major contracting differences that delay raises
Stable job with great pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2016
In the Major Brands shipping department I fulfill customer orders via the bottle line and case line. It is physical work but the advancement of hourly pay is great.

Now I load trucks which is about 2000 cases a night. Mon- Thursday shift is awesome and makes the week go by fast. It is hard work so the feeling of accomplishment after is shift has kept me here for a long time.
Pros
great pay, wage advancement based on performance, weekends off
N/a
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 21, 2016
if you are not a friend or a relative to someone there you will not be accepted by them. Lack of diversity. 99% white American, under 10 employees African American, no other culture.
Demanding Sales Driven Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2014
A normal day began usually before 5 a.m. and ended after 7 or 8 p.m. I learned many different things including event coordination, promotions, distribution, and warehouse organization among other things. Being under a microscope management-wise was not for me as I believe, if I am hired to do a job, I feel the employer and management should trust I get the job done correctly and in a timely fashion. Such was not the case with my direct manager. I loved being around my co-workers and developing new implementation strategies and designs.
Very fast-paced with daily turn around times.
LEAD SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2014
Major Brands was a very nice company to work for. I was
in charge and had all the creative freedom when designing
the sales teams work. I was able to hire an assistant and teach
her how the Design Department operates. I figured I must have
did a good job because she was with me for 8 years.

Major Brands has provided for me and my family for almost 11 years. I really enjoyed the creative freedom and learned how to get along with many types of personalities.

I learned that my hard work ethic and dedication can
really be rewarding for myself and the company.
Pros
401K, Great Benefits, Employee Discount, Outside Work Functions
Cons
Liquor laws always seem to dictate how our business will grow or decline.
I choose not to post a summary of Major Brands
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2014
Major Brands is a privately held company that declares much of the day to day information as proprietorial; therefore, a review of this company is unwarranted.
a good job if you want to work very hard around people with poor work ethics, and be forced to pick up their slack.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Great company, low compensation.
Your work day begins at 5:30, you are held to low standards of work. If you are a hard worker, your co-workers will take advantage of you as your supervisor has designated an employee who abuses company time to hand out work. This man starts work early, takes the least amount of work, then assigns whoever works the hardest the most work and calls for help for only himself.

If you don't mind putting in a hard day's work only to find no one assisted you because when you return to the office, their cars are always gone, this is the job for you.

Also the pay is based on a system where regardless of how many hours you work, they decide your overtime. Many checks given to me were for 115-120 hours in a two week period with maybe 20 hours overtime pay.

I am a hard worker so I enjoyed the hard work. I also enjoyed the self supervision I was able to function in, while watching others completely abuse it.
Pros
self supervision, freedom to perform
Cons
lazy co-workers, Poor level and system of work distribution
Exceptional benefits, great pay, and a fun work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2013
A typical day at work consists of heading to my territory directly from home and meeting with my customers. While on my route, I make sure all signage and advertisements are up to date, as well as write and review a sales order with every store manager. This job has taught me how important it is to build great relationships in every sales environment. The management team is top notch, and my co-workers really enjoy their daily routine. The hardest, yet most rewarding part of my job is creating innovative ways to consistently increase sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great atmosphere, as well as the great benefits that also include an in-office work out facility and personal trainer.
Very hands off management style.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2013
I learned how to manage my time and my customers time to be suit both of us. I would typically go in and see all of my customers at least once a week to show, maintain, and grow my business with them. The hardest part of the job was there is never enough time to spend with every one of my customers.
Fast paced and fun
casual loader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 15, 2013
Great place to work inappropriately managed. short shifts but it Monday through Friday. The semi-monthly checks is a pain. Not enough room for advancement or benefits.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
short work days
Professional Summary
Marketing Promotional Manager (Current Employee) –  St. LouisJuly 13, 2013
The position of Marketing Promotional Manager was created at Major Brands because of my special skills and business results. I grasp company philosophy, culture and goals rapidly to produce exceptional results aligned with the organization's expectations. Additionally, I utilize my social media skills and product knowledge to create marketing presentations and High-Themed Special Events to achieve and exceed goals. I have received numerous awards, accolades and recognition from top liquor suppliers from around the U.S. for my personal accomplishments. My high level of employee engagement, skills, knowledge and result-driven focus will be applied to any new job or assignment that I undertake.
line work
throw cases on line (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
thorwing case on a line and loading truck and cleaning the floors
Fun and good money.
ROUTE SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  cape girardeau, moAugust 20, 2012
Fun job with good management to push you. salary plus bois well worth the work.nuses
Pros
free samples
Temporay assingment while supervisor was on LOA
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City MOAugust 16, 2012
Processed weekly and biweekly payroll for 600 union and non union employees using Ceridian payroll processing company.
Pros
worked for a great supervisor
Cons
temporay assignment
Very Competitive and fast paced industry
On-Premise Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2012
Very Competitive and fast paced industry. High turnover rate with Cutomer base, so follow up and organization is paramount. Great group of teamates and co-workers that create a friendly competive environment. Each territory is your own business. Allows for an individual to thrive if they manage, organize, educate consumers, and follow up with great sales techniques.
Pros
high energy, allows for creativity to shine, fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Major Brands. Our community is ready to answer.