Major Brands Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 21, 2016
if you are not a friend or a relative to someone there you will not be accepted by them. Lack of diversity. 99% white American, under 10 employees African American, no other culture.
Exceptional benefits, great pay, and a fun work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2013
A typical day at work consists of heading to my territory directly from home and meeting with my customers. While on my route, I make sure all signage and advertisements are up to date, as well as write and review a sales order with every store manager. This job has taught me how important it is to build great relationships in every sales environment. The management team is top notch, and my co-workers really enjoy their daily routine. The hardest, yet most rewarding part of my job is creating innovative ways to consistently increase sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great atmosphere, as well as the great benefits that also include an in-office work out facility and personal trainer.
Very fast-paced with daily turn around times.
LEAD SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2014
Major Brands was a very nice company to work for. I was
in charge and had all the creative freedom when designing
the sales teams work. I was able to hire an assistant and teach
her how the Design Department operates. I figured I must have
did a good job because she was with me for 8 years.

Major Brands has provided for me and my family for almost 11 years. I really enjoyed the creative freedom and learned how to get along with many types of personalities.

I learned that my hard work ethic and dedication can
really be rewarding for myself and the company.
Pros
401k, great benefits, employee discount, outside work functions
Cons
liquor laws always seem to dictate how our business will grow or decline.
a good job if you want to work very hard around people with poor work ethics, and be forced to pick up their slack.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Great company, low compensation.
Your work day begins at 5:30, you are held to low standards of work. If you are a hard worker, your co-workers will take advantage of you as your supervisor has designated an employee who abuses company time to hand out work. This man starts work early, takes the least amount of work, then assigns whoever works the hardest the most work and calls for help for only himself.

If you don't mind putting in a hard day's work only to find no one assisted you because when you return to the office, their cars are always gone, this is the job for you.

Also the pay is based on a system where regardless of how many hours you work, they decide your overtime. Many checks given to me were for 115-120 hours in a two week period with maybe 20 hours overtime pay.

I am a hard worker so I enjoyed the hard work. I also enjoyed the self supervision I was able to function in, while watching others completely abuse it.
Pros
self supervision, freedom to perform
Cons
lazy co-workers, poor level and system of work distribution
Fast paced and fun
casual loader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 15, 2013
Great place to work inappropriately managed. short shifts but it Monday through Friday. The semi-monthly checks is a pain. Not enough room for advancement or benefits.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
short work days
Fun and good money.
ROUTE SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  cape girardeau, moAugust 20, 2012
Fun job with good management to push you. salary plus bois well worth the work.nuses
Pros
free samples
Professional Summary
Marketing Promotional Manager (Current Employee) –  St. LouisJuly 13, 2013
The position of Marketing Promotional Manager was created at Major Brands because of my special skills and business results. I grasp company philosophy, culture and goals rapidly to produce exceptional results aligned with the organization's expectations. Additionally, I utilize my social media skills and product knowledge to create marketing presentations and High-Themed Special Events to achieve and exceed goals. I have received numerous awards, accolades and recognition from top liquor suppliers from around the U.S. for my personal accomplishments. My high level of employee engagement, skills, knowledge and result-driven focus will be applied to any new job or assignment that I undertake.
Very Competitive and fast paced industry
On-Premise Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2012
Very Competitive and fast paced industry. High turnover rate with Cutomer base, so follow up and organization is paramount. Great group of teamates and co-workers that create a friendly competive environment. Each territory is your own business. Allows for an individual to thrive if they manage, organize, educate consumers, and follow up with great sales techniques.
Pros
high energy, allows for creativity to shine, fast paced
Very hands off management style.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2013
I learned how to manage my time and my customers time to be suit both of us. I would typically go in and see all of my customers at least once a week to show, maintain, and grow my business with them. The hardest part of the job was there is never enough time to spend with every one of my customers.
I choose not to post a summary of Major Brands
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2014
Major Brands is a privately held company that declares much of the day to day information as proprietorial; therefore, a review of this company is unwarranted.
Overall, great experience with Major Brands
Promotional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 10, 2012
A job with flexible hours with the opportunity to advance to managerial positions. Great pay and a fun work environment.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
late nights
Temporay assingment while supervisor was on LOA
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City MOAugust 16, 2012
Processed weekly and biweekly payroll for 600 union and non union employees using Ceridian payroll processing company.
Pros
worked for a great supervisor
Cons
temporay assignment
line work
throw cases on line (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
thorwing case on a line and loading truck and cleaning the floors