Major Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great learning experience, great coworkers
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 7, 2016
I loved this job. I got to work with so many great people. I also learned so many new skills there. I felt important and part of the team there with helping patients.
Pros
lots of learning
Cons
seeing the bad side of humanity.
Review
Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 25, 2016
I reviewed Major Hospital prior and I have the same review. I have been able to maintain lifelong relationships at this job and have enjoyed it
Smaller hospital with a great vision
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 5, 2016
MHP is a great place to work. respectful environment towards co workers and staff alike. When I joined full time, they even let me take a pre arranged vacation one month into the job. HR is there to help as well. Best organization I have ever worked for
Pros
New hospital, good pay
Cons
Not too many
Horrible place to work
ma (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 6, 2016
Management is horrible at supporting employees. The hours are more like 12-15hr daily and hardly any days off because staff takes off ALL THE TIME.
Pros
no lunches or breaks
Cons
bad attitudes from mangement and senior MA's.
Great place to work as an RT
PRN RT (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 17, 2015
Great culture of patient care, very involved medical director and management. Resp. care is protocol driven and the RT's have a lot of autonomy. Good relationships with nursing and other disciplines.
Decent benefits and pay. They are in the process of building a new hospital that will be opening in 2016.
Pros
RT's have a great deal of respect in the organization
Cons
Workload can vary a lot, but everyone is helpful. ER busy
rewarding place to work
CHAA Certified Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 16, 2015
It was like working with family, Very rewarding atmosphere.
There is room for advancement,you are made to feel appreciated for your work.
Amu
AMU (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 12, 2015
My nursing coworkers were hardworking, caring people. The administration is detached from the staff. Admin teams do not adhere to policy. It is difficult to get the same answer from more than one person. Communication is poor among admins and staff.
Pros
GOOD WAGES/ BENEFITS
Cons
BED BUG ISSUES ARE CONSTANT/ ADMIN TEAM IS DISORGANIZED
Drama family and friends come first
Nurse (Former Employee) –  EverwhereAugust 22, 2015
Coworkers not truthful cover their butts with lies management not qualified in some offices PTO time taken away from staff firing long time employees for no reason Ect
Pros
Short travel time
Cons
Low wages
Drama Filled Environment
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 28, 2015
Management and several employees are very passive aggressive and refuse to tell you anything negative to your face. Anytime I had an issue and tried to discuss with my boss I was ignored or a middle man was sent to talk with me without my points ever really being discussed. I felt very unwelcome and as though my employer didn't care about any of my concerns.
great place to work.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 11, 2015
Classes held regularly to keep staff informed of procedures and guidelines as well as safety and opportunities. Staff worked well together, helped one another as needed. Employees respected and fairness for all. Kitchen management did great improvements for staff, work ethics, communications and cleanliness.
Pros
opportunities for advancement, great benefits, friendly staff.
Cons
Sometimes long hours, split shifts and hard concrete floors.
Horrible place to work
Respiratory (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, InApril 24, 2015
I have never worked in an environment that allowed more nepotism
that Major Hospital. If you are not related to someone or know someone in "high places" you will not advance and may not be there long. Almost all the staff is related, I understand it is a small town; but when you have managers evaluating their own daughters and advancing them over other staff ....well. I could not even give management one star because they are so lacking. There is no management back up, if the evening staff or night staff needs help and a manager is available don't count on it. After they forced out the CEO there was a definite decline back to the bandaid station it once were.
Pros
only one is that it is close to home
Cons
everything, insurance is really bad, they have in the past let older staff go rather than pay out pensions
Major Hospital is a great company to work for.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 8, 2015
Great hospital to work for. The management is great and is always willing to help you out if you need off or have issues. The co-workers are dependable and willing to jump in and offer assistance. Overall, it is fantastic and doesn't get much better!
Pros
Flexible hours, great co-workers, great management
Cons
Very busy, sometimes understaffed
wonderful coworkers
RN (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 26, 2014
Great job at first. Many changes in the last year that have hurt staff in pay, jobs assignments and trust/faith in upper-management.
Pros
great coworkers, good hours, and benefits
Cons
changes in hours, pay, and benefits
Productive and fun workplac3e.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 1, 2014
A great hospital to work for, fellow employees were helpful and made working there a good experience.
Very exciting
LAB/CLINICAL EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Although I only worked at North Hills for a few weeks in order to complete my clinical for my certification, I learned a lot. The atmosphere in a hospital is ever changing and it is a must to be adaptable.
Pros
great pay, amazing coworkers, steady hours
Cons
potential health risk
Not a good work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville IndianaAugust 15, 2014
Respiratory dept. is ran horribly! Manager cares nothing about his employees. Just interested in covering himself. Department is really ran by nursing. If the nurses accuse you of doing something even if its untrue you will be fired. Severely understaffed with just 2 therapist working entire hospital on nights with very busy ER, and two different charting systems for each area, and you are expected to be in multiple places at one time. Just not possible. Spare yourself the headache. Hardly any minorities working there also, and there is certainly a reason for that.
Major Hospial
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 19, 2014
Small community hospital, did not challenge me enough. First time I worked in surgery and learned a lot.
Pros
close to home
Cons
too small
Wonderful place to work
Medical Laboratory Generalist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, IndianaDecember 30, 2013
Working at night was the hardest part of my job at major hospital.
Fast pace surgery departement.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 3, 2013
The start of the morning I would find my name and pull a schedule of the surgeries (cases) that I would be completing for the day. I would then pull all materials necessary to complete the surgery. Once the patient had been seen by the doctor and he confirmed the patient is ready for the procedure I would sterilely open all the instruments that we were going to use for the case. I would then sterilely scrub-in and sterilely gown and glove myself without contaminating myself or any instrument that was going to be used. I then began setting up my back table and mayo stand based on my memory of how the doctor liked it set up for this procedure and the main instruments that the doctor would be using, I would place them closest to where he could have quick access. Once the patient was on the table and the anesthesiologist had them under I would drape the patient sterilely, sometimes with another surgical technologist. Once the doctor was scrubbed in and in the room I would gown and glove him, pull up my tables and start anticipating on what he would need first. I assisted through surgeries sometimes they were one hour and sometimes they would take up to four hours. After the surgery was complete I would clean the patient off. Then I would count all instruments like I would do at the start to ensure all were accounted for.
Pros
great pay. great benefits.
Cons
emergency surgeries can be intense, the or can be very stressful at times, i was only prn and sometimes my hours were low.
Great place to work and get a good learning experience.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 29, 2012
I learned a lot here and had a great time making life long friends.
Pros
great coworkers, excellent education
Cons
very demanding patients

Major Hospital Reviews by Location