Major Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to work.
Cook II (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INMay 11, 2015
Pros: opportunities for advancement, great benefits, friendly staff.
Cons: Sometimes long hours, split shifts and hard concrete floors.
Classes held regularly to keep staff informed of procedures and guidelines as well as safety and opportunities. Staff worked well together, helped one another as needed. Employees respected and fairness for all. Kitchen management did great improvements for staff, work ethics, communications and cleanliness.
Horrible place to work
Respiratory (Former Employee), Shelbyville, InApril 24, 2015
Pros: only one is that it is close to home
Cons: everything, insurance is really bad, they have in the past let older staff go rather than pay out pensions
I have never worked in an environment that allowed more nepotism
that Major Hospital. If you are not related to someone or know someone in "high places" you will not advance and may not be there long. Almost all the staff is related, I understand it is a small town; but when you have managers evaluating their own daughters and advancing them over other staff ....well. I could not even give management one star because they are so lacking. There is no management back up, if the evening staff or night staff needs help and a manager is available don't count on it. After they forced out the CEO there was a definite decline back to the bandaid station it once were.
Major Hospital is a great company to work for.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, great co-workers, great management
Cons: Very busy, sometimes understaffed
Great hospital to work for. The management is great and is always willing to help you out if you need off or have issues. The co-workers are dependable and willing to jump in and offer assistance. Overall, it is fantastic and doesn't get much better!
wonderful coworkers
RN (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, good hours, and benefits
Cons: changes in hours, pay, and benefits
Great job at first. Many changes in the last year that have hurt staff in pay, jobs assignments and trust/faith in upper-management.
Productive and fun workplac3e.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INOctober 1, 2014
A great hospital to work for, fellow employees were helpful and made working there a good experience.
Very exciting
LAB/CLINICAL EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great pay, amazing coworkers, steady hours
Cons: potential health risk
Although I only worked at North Hills for a few weeks in order to complete my clinical for my certification, I learned a lot. The atmosphere in a hospital is ever changing and it is a must to be adaptable.
Not a good work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Shelbyville IndianaAugust 15, 2014
Respiratory dept. is ran horribly! Manager cares nothing about his employees. Just interested in covering himself. Department is really ran by nursing. If the nurses accuse you of doing something even if its untrue you will be fired. Severely understaffed with just 2 therapist working entire hospital on nights with very busy ER, and two different charting systems for each area, and you are expected to be in multiple places at one time. Just not possible. Spare yourself the headache. Hardly any minorities working there also, and there is certainly a reason for that.
Major Hospial
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INMay 19, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: too small
Small community hospital, did not challenge me enough. First time I worked in surgery and learned a lot.
Wonderful place to work
Medical Laboratory Generalist (Former Employee), Shelbyville, IndianaDecember 30, 2013
Working at night was the hardest part of my job at major hospital.
Fast pace surgery departement.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INJuly 3, 2013
Pros: great pay. great benefits.
Cons: emergency surgeries can be intense, the or can be very stressful at times, i was only prn and sometimes my hours were low.
The start of the morning I would find my name and pull a schedule of the surgeries (cases) that I would be completing for the day. I would then pull all materials necessary to complete the surgery. Once the patient had been seen by the doctor and he confirmed the patient is ready for the procedure I would sterilely open all the instruments that we were going to use for the case. I would then sterilely scrub-in and sterilely gown and glove myself without contaminating myself or any instrument that was going to be used. I then began setting up my back table and mayo stand based on my memory of how the doctor liked it set up for this procedure and the main instruments that the doctor would be using, I would place them closest to where he could have quick access. Once the patient was on the table and the anesthesiologist had them under I would drape the patient sterilely, sometimes with another surgical technologist. Once the doctor was scrubbed in and in the room I would gown and glove him, pull up my tables and start anticipating on what he would need first. I assisted through surgeries sometimes they were one hour and sometimes they would take up to four hours. After the surgery was complete I would clean the patient off. Then I would count all instruments like I would do at the start to ensure all were accounted for.
Great place to work and get a good learning experience.
CNA (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INNovember 29, 2012
Pros: great coworkers, excellent education
Cons: very demanding patients
I learned a lot here and had a great time making life long friends.
management is very poor and and employees are not all treated equally
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INOctober 21, 2012
Pros: loved working with the customers, had great hours
Cons: employees were not treated equally. poor management
Major has a poor reputation of firing employees for the wrong reasons and does not respect or treat employees fairly.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Billing Manager (Former Employee), ILJune 1, 2012
Pros: great benefits nice people
Cons: n/a
Team Players,
very fast pace
nice people
Hardworkers.
They have a great vision for the future.