Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM) and one of their joint venture companies are actively seeking experienced server-side java developers (mid to senior/lead level) to help create new products and to develop the Next-Gen versions of our award-winning apps and services. Your work will be focused around: streaming video and highly-interactive and feature rich apps that usually involve large data sets. This hands-on developer role provides instant gratification for any developer as the apps you develop will be used daily by millions across the globe! Can you help us create our next killer App?
These are permanent, full time (not contract) positions located in San Francisco, CA.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a “world-class” team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- We offer a cool, casual, dynamic, creative and fun multimedia environment.
- Must be a very strong hands-on Java Developer with expert knowledge of object-oriented development and have experience developing server-side code in a work environment
- Deep knowledge of key object-oriented design patterns, data structures, algorithms, collections, and garbage collection
- Prior experience with the design and architecture of large-scaled Java applications is preferred
- Sun Java Certification is a plus
- Outside the box mentality; candidates should have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any US employer
About MLB Advanced Media:
MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (MLBAM) is the interactive media and Internet Company of Major League Baseball. MLBAM manages the official league site, www.MLB.com, each of the 30 individual Club sites, and delivers live online streaming audio and video of every game as well as the most complete real-time baseball information and interactivity on the Internet and wireless devices.
To all recruitment agencies: MLB Advanced Media does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to MLB Advanced Media employees. MLB Advanced Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.