MLB Advanced Media (MLB.com), the interactive and mobile division of Major League Baseball, is the developer of several award-winning products, Apps and services. Some of these include: MLB Gameday, MLB.TV, Fantasy Baseball, Beat the Streak, and the #1 sports app and a Hall of Fame inductee for iPhone, iPad and Macworld – MLB At Bat! We are also an industry leader in the development and distribution of live streaming video events over multiple platforms.
This hands-on role provides instant gratification for any SWE as the apps you develop will be used daily by millions across the globe! Can you help us create our next killer App?
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a “world-class” team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- We offer a cool, casual, dynamic, creative and fun multimedia environment.
- Amazing benefits including – 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision and company funded Pension Plan.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong hands-on java development experience. Expert knowledge of object-oriented development and experience with developing server-side code in a work environment
- Deep knowledge of key object-oriented design patterns, data structures, algorithms, collections, and garbage collection
- Prior experience with the design and architecture of large-scaled Java applications is preferred; Sun Java Certification is a plus
- Outside the box mentality; candidates should have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any US employer
- Must be located in the San Francisco/Bay Area vicinity and be able to work in the San Francisco office.
To all recruitment agencies: MLB Advanced Media does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to MLB Advanced Media employees. MLB Advanced Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.