Have you ever wanted to make a difference in the life of a child? A wish come true empowers children with life-threatening medical conditions to fight harder against their illnesses. When they are granted a wish, they get more than just a great experience for a day, two days, or a week. That experience improves the quality of life for them and their entire family. A child’s wish come true positively impacts their health status and state of mind and strengthens communities. This year, Make-A-Wish celebrates granting 12,000 wishes in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Take this opportunity to be a part of the next 12,000 lives changed by considering a career at Make-A-Wish.
Make-A-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Officer in its Kentucky office in Louisville. The Development Officer is responsible for implementing priority fundraising strategies and campaigns that generate operating revenue to further our mission. The Make-A-Wish mission is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses in an effort to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
The primary functions of the Development Officer role include:
- Leading the Big Wish Gala and corporate fundraising campaigns
- Engaging local leadership volunteers and board members in Foundation fundraising
- Generating low-cost fundraising revenue by successfully executing organizational fundraising strategies honoring established best practices
- Building and leveraging relationships with individuals, businesses and community organizations advancing the Make-A-Wish profile
- Engaging, supporting and coaching volunteers to maximize their fundraising efforts
Qualified applicants will have bachelor's degree, three to five years work experience, with two years or more experience in fundraising, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide variety of constituencies. Candidates are encouraged to visit the Make-A-Wish Web site www.makeawishky.org for a job description, list of qualifications, application and more information.
To apply, please visit this link http://www.makeawishohio.org/jobs/12/49.html and follow the instructions as listed.
Applications will be accepted through the closing date of Friday, May 31st.
Make-A-Wish is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls or agencies, please.