Career Services Advisor
Make-Up Designory, a rapidly growing & highly respected licensed private postsecondary school is seeking a qualified full time Career Services Advisor for our NY campus. This position provides job development, counseling and placement assistance for current students and graduates. As well as tracks and reports on placement statistics for organizational planning and accreditation purposes.
- Serves as a key resource for students, graduates and their families; Interacts/ counsels with students and graduates; helps students with resumes, cover letters, personal marketing strategies and business cards; researches new lecturers and topics of interest; contacts/ schedules lecturers for Wednesday Educational Seminars. Presents pertinent information to students- 1:1 and during classroom attendance; plans networking party(ies) to increase awareness and facilitate supportive peer relationships. Career Services Advisor also need to make frequent classroom visitations:
o Constantly meet with current students
o Follow-up with past grads on employment needs and status
- Provides proactive and creative job development services; stays connected with key area employers and employment referral sources; monitors career-related search engines; keeps job website fresh, complete and up do date- encourages students to monitor; uncovers/ communicates employment opportunities; collects and organizes occupational data to provide source materials for students/ graduates; enters pertinent information into school’s database; manages the school library to ensure materials are current and useful; assists students/ instructors with locating and obtaining pertinent library materials.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal laws and regulations, all State laws and regulations, and all Standards of Accreditation in accordance with ACCSC (Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges). Maintains CEU development in accordance with School Improvement Plan.
- Needs to play an active role in our PAC Meetings – including invites, confirming and following up on potential and current PAC Members
- Collaborates with other staff members to improve quality of services and student retention
- Develops, tracks and reports on placement statistics for organizational and accreditation purposes; contacts graduates to verify employment information/ history; calculates employment rate and documents monthly. Enters data for accreditation; maintains associated paperwork/ files;
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
Strong capabilities in the area of job development and advising individuals and strong understanding of the industry. Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop innovative solutions. Excellent planning, organizing, and leadership skills. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively. Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures. Ability to interact with students to understand what their career goals are, assist them with developing resumes, business cards, websites, and a network of employers. Strong record keeping skills is a must.
Demonstrates honesty, fairness and respect. Strong focus on process improvement. Strong customer, quality and results oriented. Ability to be an effective team member. PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) Successful candidates will have equivalent of High School diploma and 5-7+ years progressively responsible, related experience. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and a creative and engaging professional environment, a team-based culture, and the opportunity for ongoing professional growth and contribution.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume, salary history, and cover letter to the above referenced email.