Make-Up Designory, a rapidly growing & highly respected New York licensed private postsecondary school is seeking a qualified full time Registrar for our New York campus. This position provides broad-based, moderate to advanced level administrative support in helping the organization to achieve its goals, e.g. student retention, operational efficiency.
****PLEASE only apply if you have school registrar experience**************
Responsible for the proper maintenance and integrity of all Student Records; collaborates with other staff members on status changes and issues pertaining to attendance/ academic performance
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Essential functions of the job are denoted by an bullet. Other duties may also be assigned. Please note that the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal laws and regulations, all State laws and regulations, and all Standards of Accreditation in accordance with ACCSC (Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges). Maintains CEU development in accordance with School Improvement Plan.
- Manages Student Academic Records and Student Information System (Diamond); runs Student Academic Progress (SAP) report; monitors student attendance and academic progress; reports on trends and deficiencies. Posts and maintains student grades at school; places/ maintains student records in appropriate file cabinets
- Collaborates with Admissions Department on any issues pertaining to student enrollment; processes new enrollments; runs weekly Student Enrollment Report; reviews/ discusses findings
- Processes students’ change of status, e.g. change in program/ adding a course/ non-starting; manages and schedules class starts; processes withdrawals/ stops; processes/ tracks student leaves of absence (LOA)
- Updates course information; setup yearly Class Schedule in Diamond D and Netsuite (Netsuite for main and branch campus)
- Reviews student financial accounts in accordance with graduation; processes withdrawals/drops; notifies Bursar/ accounting regarding issuing student refund checks
- Emails graduation applications to students; generates student transcripts, certificates and diplomas in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinates tutoring services with instructors to assist remedial student academics
- Assists graduates with Alumni services, including official transcripts, issuance of diplomas and certificates, as well as availability of continuing education
- Ensures compliance with Family Education Right Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Provides various other services as needed, including: accepting tuition payments, providing language translation, processing mail; covering for receptionist; ordering supplies, filing student refund request forms in student files; copying refund checks
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
Equivalent of High School diploma and 5-7+ years progressively responsible, related experience. A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree may be accepted as an exemption to practical experience
Strong detail orientation and understanding of related processes and procedures
PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop innovative solutions
Excellent planning, organizing and project leadership skills.
Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
Demonstrates honesty, fairness and respect
Strong focus on process improvement
Strong customer, quality and results orientation
Ability to be an effective team member
Ability to recognize & embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
Qualified candidates should forward resume and cover letter in MS Word format.