Make-A-Wish Foundation Employee Review

View all Make-A-Wish Foundation reviews

Awe Inspiring Staff, Mission and Cause
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2013
The Make-A-Wish foundation is dedicated to raising funds for granting wishes to children facing life threatening diseases. The staff is mindful, hard-working, and compassionate.

Other Make-A-Wish Foundation Employee Reviews

interesting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2017
interesting how they put things together and how they decide who gets their wish granted and who doesn't. but it was a great experience and the kids make you love life a little more
Pros
love life children are sweet
Cons
sad stories sometimes
I worked in compliance/finance
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2017
A dream job turned into a nightmare with new management. There are several departments in the National Office that have excellent leadership, compliance is NOT one of them. If you interview with anyone in the National Office, pay close attention to their behavior in the interview. This would be their good side. The mission is wonderful but not worth being treated poorly as an employee. What I learned from working here is what you see is what you get and that you can't trust human resources. The workplace culture is one that protects the directors and executive leadership team. Everyone else seemed to be easily disposable. The hardest part of my job was the way I was treated my management. The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing the wish stories.
Pros
Being apart of an organization that grants wishes to sick children
Cons
Management in Compliance and Finance