Make-A-Wish Foundation Employee Review

View all Make-A-Wish Foundation reviews

Worst job environment EVER!
Development / Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2014
Let me start off by saying that I love everything that the Make-A-Wish Foundation does for children with life-threatening diseases.

As an intern, I was near invisible when working with the staff. Even on my first day, no one even really acknowledged my presence. This is a relatively small office, of maybe 20 FEMALES, so as an African American female, I KNOW I was seen.

What I expected from this position was to be engulfed in the world of nonprofit, shadow some of the higher ups, and receive critical advice from maybe the CEO. All day, I just filed, called jobs, and sat at a secluded desk in a completely separate building. I consistently expressed my enthusiasm for the Non Profit realm, but no one took me seriously.

It may have just been this office. It's sad to say that if I was offered a permanent position with MAW at this branch, my answer would be an astounding NO!

Other Make-A-Wish Foundation Employee Reviews

grateful work place
Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Very welcoming, warm, grateful work experience.

I worked for program services department and supported event scheduling, aligning venue. It was fun but i didn't learn any professional things..
Pros
Free bagels
Cons
Low salary
Great mission
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 28, 2018
Make-A-Wish has a fantastic mission, one that many of the employees keep at the center of their work. The culture can be challenging at times - high level of turn over in the past few years. Management is focused on growing chapter. Many great staff members have been hired as part of the team over the past year. Professional development is highly encouraged, and supported. Workload is intense for all departments. Wish kids - their smiles, their happiness - make the job worth it!