Makino is seeking a Proposal Engineer.
You will be responsible for the development of simple to complex manufacturing proposals applying Makino products and engineering services and solutions that exceed the customers’ requests for rotation.
Our benefits programs include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement (must be job related), Paid Holidays/Vacation/Personal Days, and Retirement Plan match.
As a Proposal Engineer you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Detailed machining process layouts, leading to production of equipment, metal-cutting turnkey, and/or integrated system sales proposal documents
- Generate cost documentation and large program proposals
- Create manufacturing process solutions based on customer requirements
- Work with outside Manufacturing technology providers to determine specification requirements, price negotiations and terms and conditions agreement
- Provide outstanding sales support through high quality proposal work assisting with customer meetings
- Respond to Customer Request for Quotations (RFQ)
To qualify you should have:
- 3 years experience in medium to high volume metal cutting machining
- Experience in technical writing and presentation skills
- Ability to construct a machining process plan
- Previous experience with large program proposal
- AutoCAD and/or solid modeling experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- U.S. Citizen or Green card Required
Makino is EOE.