Makino is a world leader in metal-cutting and machining technology. When companies make the parts that matter for automotive, aerospace, medical, die/mold and other industries worldwide, they make them with Makino. A leader in advanced manufacturing machine tool technology, Makino enables its customers to realize the highest level of quality with the fastest time to market
As a Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to research, design, and direct the development of manufacturing automation software systems in conjunction with hardware product development to meet customer or Makino Sales and Marketing requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following :
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consult with customers, Makino Sales and Marketing, hardware engineers, to evaluate the interface between hardware and software to specify the operational and performance.
- Formulate, design, and specify manufacturing automation software systems
- Direct the development of software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation to meet specified requirements
- Consult with the customer to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of software systems.
- Assist Makino Sales and Marketing with customer presentations
- Develop software installation utilities and assist with installation and debug of software systems.
- Develop and/or direct the development of new software features and functions and maintain the software for Makino’s MS Windows based manufacturing automation and software systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following :
- Serve as the software systems development technical expert by providing technical leadership and training to Software Engineers in addition to providing automated manufacturing systems technical leadership in a multi-discipline engineering team environment.
- Directs Software Engineers in the development of software systems to meet customer and/or Sales and Marketing requirements on schedule.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to develop software using high level programming languages and interactive development tools.
- Ability to develop software and scripts compatible with MS-Windows operating system
- Ability to develop software interfaces and applications for databases using SQL, ODBC and native database development tools.
- Ability to design and specify automated manufacturing software systems to meet requirements.
- Ability to interface with global Makino software development teams to transfer knowledge and participate in global development efforts.
- Ability to assess software system requirements during customer meetings and propose viable manufacturing automation solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- 20 to 30 percent overnight travel is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline with a minimum of five years related software development work experience.
Makino Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits for full time positions, as well as relocation assistance. In addition, Makino offers new technicians and an outstanding onboarding and training program for the experienced technician to become familiar and experienced with our products and CNC controls.
Makino is an EOE