MAKITA USA Employee Reviews

Micro-management, egocentric managers, no appreciation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 26, 2017
You have to deal with outrageous, unacceptable behavior, old time micro-management people with attitude and no vision about growing together, bad leadership when their main goal is to secure their long term positions or ready to retire with no interest in actual events. Key positions/promotions on higher levels are hold for few employees with more than 15-20 years in the company). People on that category overlook team achievements, they have no appreciation for newer employees (5 years or less) who deliver outstanding performances regardless the lack of motivation. Benefits are acceptable but overshadow with poor job environment with low morale. VP's and directors never take the time to walk around and see for themselves what's going on and explain the high rate level of terminated jobs. If you think outside the box you are out of Makita box.
Pros
Quality products on the market
Cons
Low morale
It was interesting to work for a Japanese company
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2016
Everyday was a different experience. Learned may different jobs. Management were nice. big group of co-workers. Month was a challenge. Always busy makes the days fly buy
Pros
Always room for advancement
Cons
Long drive
Productive workplace and business is continuously growing
Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 10, 2015
My day consists of phone calls, emails from customers and running current Agings for all of my assigned National account and general customers. Excel spreadsheets are reviewed and research is done daily making sure that accounts are up to date and invoices are paid in a timely manner. Issues that I deal with on a weekly basis are deductions taken on accounts due to price discrepancies, freight or COOP. I work closely with customer service to assist customers with backup for disputes and invoice or credit copy requests. The hardest part of my job is time management. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating and visiting customers, working with coworkers via email and over the phone to address issues in a timely manner. I enjoy multitasking and customer service.
Pros
Open door policy with the director
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
N/a
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 25, 2014
Present Management is wonderful. Great place to work. Great training, and feedback on how you are doing on the job.
fantasic company to work for, great people!
Tool Repair Technician/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 3, 2013
I worked here from Oct 2004 to Nov 2010. I loved every minute of it!
great people in my office, excellent guidance and management.
Great customers and events. Being a proud tech standing behind a great product was amazing!
Pros
everything!
Cons
laid off
Working at Makita was productive and fun
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at Makita was billing million of dollars of invoices. I learned that are many phases within a distribution company. Management was great they showed concern for their workers. My co-workers were great to work with, we were more like a family away from home. The hardest part of the job was working late nights and going to school. The most enjoyable part of the job was being to give a 100%.
Very fast paced environment, always something to do
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 16, 2013
The day would be very hectic and challenging at times. I managed a staff of 6 people. I would review and mange the teams day to day functions and calls.
Pros
free lunches and incentive for the call center
Cons
very hectic and fast pace
A great job that was fun to do.
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  So. San Francisco, CaMarch 28, 2013
The usual day at work here consisted of troubleshooting, estimating and repairing various hand held electrical and battery operated tools. I received a generator, compressor, cement cutter and 2 cycle engine repair certificated while employed at Makita USA. Management was very understanding about any difficulties that would arise. My co-workers were very helpful with with any job related problems that would occur. The hardest part of the job was having to wait for a back ordered part for a customer who wanted his or hers tool back quickly. The most enjoyable facet of this job was the ability to get almost every customers tools back in a timely manner. This kept customer relations very enjoyable.
Pros
fredom of working independantly while efforts still effecting overall business in a positive way.
Cons
few cons. last manager i had showed up late and left early everyday.
bad company and bad management and no plan.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2013
The picture painted by the interview and the reality of Makita are very different. A typical day ran without any supervision or plan. The management was never around for help. The hardest part was getting any information on anything they wanted me to sell.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
My co workers left as soon as they could and my team was left doing the jobs of seven.
If you can please avoid these people they are the opposite of good to great.
Pros
free truck, free gas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAKITA USA. Our community is ready to answer.