Makotek Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not a good place to work but the peole are
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2017
It is very hard to make a living because if you cannot make contact with the customer or they don't pay their bills then you don't make money they don't pay by the hour
Pros
I can make my own hours
Cons
Lot of driving and dealing with people and not enough pay
Self directed scheduling and unlimited potential to earn.
Equipment Recovery Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2017
Management was at that time made up of people who had all been superior performers in the field themselves. They appreciated people who took instruction and direction and were able to add their own style and work ethic and produce what the job made available.The culture there was changing when I left. They were reducing the compensation to an hourly job, as opposed to paid according to production.
Pros
Great people and the ability to write your own paycheck
Cons
The leads slowed down to a crawl in some periods of the year.
debt collections
FIELD COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJune 27, 2017
tough job need to be the right type of person to perform this job
commission based
great team atmosphere
driving own car for whole time you work
getting customers to be home and able to pay bill
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
commission pay good days and bad
Great.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2017
Enjoyed my experience at Makotek of Charlotte. Really nice enviroment loved the pace of the job. Kept me on my toes and busy. Had a nice time. Loved it.
Fun work place. Easy going. Laid back.
Collection Technician/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Job is fun and laid back. Freedom is nice but to much freedom can make someone lazy. Good opportunity to make good if you put the time and effort into it!
Pros
Freedom, can make good money
Cons
Drive your own vehicle, a lot of ware and tare.
Its different
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work is as smooth as you make it. If you plan your route correctly, you can complete a lot of jobs and save yourself time. Management, and co-workers are pretty cool. The hardest part of the job is managing your time and workorders (which really isn't that hard).
Pros
you're out and about all day
Cons
hard on your vehicle, dealing with angry customers
Challenging an high paced
Feild Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCNovember 1, 2016
You have to work hard to make production, in order to make good money. It will seem worth it after you see the money. Other than that its just a lot of driving.
Pros
Gas is paid back to you per week, according to milage, flexible work days
Cons
Heavy work loads
Very good company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2016
good company, great pay , ok benefits. Long hours. Management team was ok when you did good , otherwise they were on you tail. Overall not bad but defiantly not a place to make it a career.
Enjoy my co workers
Dispatcher/Admin (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLApril 28, 2016
Nice place to work, but unhappy with hours and pay rate great place if you have another income. no room for advancement within company. Promises broken that were giving at time of hire.
You have to see for yourself......maybe it works for you.
DISPATCH/RETENTIONS SPECIALIST/COLLECTIONS (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2015
Makotek is a decent place to work if you don't mind repetitious work. Really nice people but so much changes that its hard to find a consistent paycheck. Some people do work full time but even then days come when the office closes early for five weeks or more at 8pm then goes back to 9pm. That might be okay for some but that is a lose of almost 80 bucks that week for others.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Inconsistent
employee (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 11, 2015
Makotek provides an environment where I can work with some flexibility. I am not stuck behind a desk for 9-5. The company strives to achieve their client goals while valuing the employees.
Pros
schedule, benefits, control over my pay
Cons
vacation time
Enjoyable job.
Field Collections/Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 14, 2014
This was a contracted position for Comcast. Work normally began around 10:00 in the morning and lasted until about 8:30 at night. Call on accounts to see if a payment over the phone could be made regarding cable television. If unable to reach by phone you had to route the work orders and make stops in the field. If the customer was not home, a door tag would be left with a phone # for them to call. If they were home and were unable to pay, I would simply collect the equipment and return it to our office.

I very much enjoyed this job with Makotek, and was not looking for a new one. It was a contracted company through Comcast, and Comcast outsourced to a call center. Once they did that, our work got cut tremendously and I had to begin to job search.

The hardest part of the job was that I had to often go to some very bad neighborhoods, but that also made it fun for me.

I enjoyed being outside most of the day. I enjoyed how each day was different.
Pros
Work outside. Fun job.
Cons
Contractor role, wear & tear on vehicle.
Not a bad place to work, but stress level is high
Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Constantly compared to what other people in different states are doing and what they bring in
Outsourced collections for a cable company
Customer Retention Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2014
I found other employment as quickly as I could. I met some good people there. However, the culture was lacking integrity.
Pros
It was a bridge job.
Cons
Low pay
Fun and educational place to work
Time Warner Cable servicer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMarch 31, 2014
for the short amount of time that i worked here i liked the people that i worked with and i liked the type of work, unfortunately i did not like the heights that i would have to climb to but other than that it is an excellent place to work.
Pros
nice people to work with, driving, working outside
Cons
Heights
Hard work, good pay. lots to put up with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2014
Loved being in the field and doing the work. Pay was good. put in long hours and odd hours. customers can be stressful and management does not help. My supervisor was nice but had no say over the owners who micromanaged (owners were worst I have ever worked for) Angry, stressed out, they had little life out of work and expected the same from its employees. Insurance was good but vacation was not.
Pros
pay, insurance
Cons
management, work/life balance
Awesome
Comcast customer service collection (Former Employee) –  knoxville, tnFebruary 5, 2014
The only reason i left was future relocation which is why i'm trying to find a job now. Pay was good, you did have to use personal vehicle but that is only setback. gas reimbursement covered most gas usage.
Pros
bonuses, flexibility, management
Cons
personal vehicle needing upper liability, personal gas.
Good job for someone without a family
Office/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2014
Typical work days are long and unpredictable. You never have an idea of how productive the day will be. I've learned how to be patient and effectively communicate and motivate coworkers on a supervisory level. I've learned how to run an office of up to 12 employees smoothly. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every customer is taken care of to upmost of my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job is the gratitude and appreciation I receive from the customer once they see I have done all I could to assist them with their needs.
Pros
working out doors and good comrodery amongst office personell
Cons
inconsistancy in work load, Micro management
Good Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 16, 2013
Overall Makotek is a good company to work. It is a production based compensation. The owners are ethical and provide for their employees.
Pros
Paid on your production
Cons
Have to work most nights and weekends
Work all of the time
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2013
I worked 6 days a week 70 hours a week. The management was poor at best.