Makro

Makro Employer Reviews

Have enjoyed my time but time for a change
Floor manager (Current Employee), Rayleigh, ENGAugust 15, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: need new challenge that can't be offered by company
Have managed teams of up to 45 staff.
Conducted staff training and review on a regular basis.
Work with a great team of staff with a mix of skills which I utilise.
Been able to work in all areas of the store and enhanced many skills.
Great!
General Assistant (Former Employee), WashingtonAugust 13, 2013
Pros: staff discount
I enjoyed working here alot, the staff were all lovely and helpful. We all got along well together with no issues. If ever i needed help with something someone would always be around to ask if a customer queried me something and i was not sure. Was nice to have a chat and get to know everyone in and around the store. There wasnt really a hard part of – more... the job it was all enjoyable and worth it. I met some nice people there – less
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Current Employee), NottinghamAugust 6, 2013
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: salary
The workplace is very busy and there is alway plently to do. All the staff are friendly and know their roles which makes the place run smoothly. I have always found the enviroment pleasant and enjoyable to work in.
productive
Booking in clerk (Former Employee), ipswichJuly 14, 2013
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: late stock taking
learning how to use the pc to book clients in
i was responsible for the stock intake, booking in stock to deadlines. how to stack take and worked also on the tills front of house
commis chef
Chef (Former Employee), sheffieldJune 27, 2013
Pros: loved everything about the job
Cons: limited opportunities to mix things up and use my imagination
This was my first job on leaving college,i worked in the staff and customer restaurant kitchen. I was really passionate about catering and really impressed this on my role, I left to pursue my career with Novotel.
Competitive Environment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJune 14, 2013
Pros: i got to wear a yellow shirt.
Cons: i had to wear a yellow shirt.
At Makro Wonderboom, the minority is the majority, and Culture Connections is top priority to the staff.
Customer service is key, and performance delivery is a driving factor.
The management is scanty but overall effective, the budget cuts have hit hard, and many are without their work which they gave so much to be a part of.
The most enjoyable part – more... of being admin assistant was networking between the departments. – less
Enjoyable and rewarding
Customer assistant, reception (Current Employee), PooleJune 2, 2013
Pros: staff discount, friendly work environment, good holiday allowance, reasonable wage
Cons: hard to get more working hours/ full time work
I find this job very rewarding, from the start I was easily accepted into the friendly team and was offered multiple opportunities to develop working skills. They are willing to train you across the store which helps build experience and a good CV for future jobs. If you help them (last minute shifts/ overtime/ generally work hard) they help you e.g – more... changing shifts or taking time off. The holiday entitlement is great and bank holidays offer double pay (£12.50 for 18 years and over). Overall an enjoyable job, with down to earth, friendly staff. – less
Lots of work, very little time for social life
Sales Person (Current Employee), VanderbijlparkMay 6, 2013
Pros: get a little discount on some products
Cons: long hours
Repacking stock, helping customers. Co-workers are friendly and help each other, some don't. Everyday I learn something new about the products in Multi-Media. The hardest part is trying to finish mass amounts of work in one day. The most enjoyable part is when new stock arrives and it's a product that we haven't had before (something new to learn).
Computer System Engineer. DBA/APSDBA
Development and dba manager (Former Employee), Bogota, ColombiaApril 25, 2013
System and Technical Engineer with experience in implementation of information system technology projects, in accordance with the business goals. Knowledge of ITIL methodology and resource IT management. Excellent at interpersonal relationships. Researcher and developer the skills of the team member. Extensive experience with ORACLE components via Linux – more... and Unix. Technical consultant on E-business suite implementation projects (Apps DBA). – less
Safe and respectable work and encoragable
cashier (Current Employee), AlbertonApril 21, 2013
Pros: normal lunch
Cons: normal hours
Most of the days are well normal, but since i started working i learned some things like ethics and respect for people i work with and also my managers , dealing with customers.My job is not so ery hard, but there are those days when dealing with customers an be hard,but my manager and supervisors have been always helpfull and supporting.
temporary general assistant
general assistant (Former Employee), southamptonApril 7, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: took me 1 and half to get to work
my tipical day at work was like i would come in and do the tempertures and make sure that they are up to date ..
then for the first 4 months of my contract i checked the dates on all the products in the fresh department and if i had finished on time i went into the veg department and did the same.
then at then of my employment i worked in the same department – more... but i put the delivery out and still did my temperatures. – less
A fun work place and Productive
HR Admin Officer (Current Employee), NelspruitMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free montly teas
Cons: i work from 8am to 17h30pm
-Every monday is a hectic day, i have to make sure that i collect all overtimes from each department and pull out clocking for all deppartment.
-I learned to work under pressure and to handle queries and resolve them at the end of the day and i also learned different languages in my work place.
-I am very close to my manager, that i am able to shout – more... when i need some kind of assistance if i don't get my work done.
- I am very friendly to my co-workers and make sure that we work together to be a great team.
-When i don't meet my deadlines.
-Being the HR officer in retail, I learned a lot and that i know all the staff members and how to handle different matter of different people. – less
Makro is a good place to be.
picker (Current Employee), Isando, GautengFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: no free lunc
Cons: i work long hours when they asked me to work, i dont have problem with long working hours.
I enjoy working at makro the only problem is that the contract is about to end. i learned how to live and work with other people and i learned work itself. Managment at makro is treating us good and equal. i enjoy working with my co-workers i even miss them during weekends. there is no challenge at work i just enjoy working all the time.
enjoy every moment
sales man (Former Employee), pietermaritzburgFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
When a customer as me something n i didnt pay attantion, i learned more about working wit customers,the management at work waz very good n friendly to everyone, my collis wow they connected, hardest part of work is when you have died lines and i also enjoy working in an enviroment with lot of cultures
safe environment and very friendly
end controller (Former Employee), durbanJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: short hours
job should have better working hours.otherwise i have experienced alot but not to my fullest satisfaction
very friendly place to work
checkout operator (Former Employee), ipswichJanuary 19, 2013
co workers were a great team, and helped me throughout my time at makro
productive, interactive and fun environment
Merchandise controller (assistant buyer) (Current Employee), Sunninghill, JohannesburgJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: learning environment
One thing i love about Makro is that you are given your space to work, everyone is responsible for their own area. They do not baby or spoon feed a person, so everything you learn is totally up to the individual to take inniative.
The people i work with are like family.
I have learnt alot at Makro that i will take with me wherever i go, one of the skills – more... been confidence and communication.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with 18 stores and making sure they follow and execute plans.
I enjoy most dealing with so many people. – less
Good office atmosphere
Food Buying Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton-on-TeesDecember 6, 2012
Pros: store discount
Cons: having to work bank holidays to order stock
I started at 6am to make a study of gaps on shelves before the store opened. The day consisted of ordering, chasing deliveries, making sure the stock was available for store special offers, checking delivery notes and talking to reps. I had a good working relationship with my co-workers and also with my manager who would inform me what he wanted doing – more... that day and then leave me to acheive it. – less
fun workplace
IT Assistant (Former Employee), Johannesburg, VaalDecember 5, 2012
I went there to learn new skills, expose myself to a workplace and expose my skills also.
I have gained many skills, such as solve problems at the EFT Machines, Tills, Print tickets, Run Start of Day & any other related work.
I have no complains against the management
Not a good place to work.
Front of house assistant (Former Employee), farehamNovember 28, 2012
They don't care about the people who work there, completely unhelpful.

February 7, 2013

I agree I work there and finding another job they are useless