Makro

Makro Employer Reviews

Lots of work, very little time for social life
Sales Person (Current Employee), VanderbijlparkMay 6, 2013
Pros: get a little discount on some products
Cons: long hours
Repacking stock, helping customers. Co-workers are friendly and help each other, some don't. Everyday I learn something new about the products in Multi-Media. The hardest part is trying to finish mass amounts of work in one day. The most enjoyable part is when new stock arrives and it's a product that we haven't had before (something new to learn).
Safe and respectable work and encoragable
cashier (Current Employee), AlbertonApril 21, 2013
Pros: normal lunch
Cons: normal hours
Most of the days are well normal, but since i started working i learned some things like ethics and respect for people i work with and also my managers , dealing with customers.My job is not so ery hard, but there are those days when dealing with customers an be hard,but my manager and supervisors have been always helpfull and supporting.
temporary general assistant
general assistant (Former Employee), southamptonApril 7, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: took me 1 and half to get to work
my tipical day at work was like i would come in and do the tempertures and make sure that they are up to date ..
then for the first 4 months of my contract i checked the dates on all the products in the fresh department and if i had finished on time i went into the veg department and did the same.
then at then of my employment i worked in the same department – more... but i put the delivery out and still did my temperatures. – less
A fun work place and Productive
HR Admin Officer (Current Employee), NelspruitMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free montly teas
Cons: i work from 8am to 17h30pm
-Every monday is a hectic day, i have to make sure that i collect all overtimes from each department and pull out clocking for all deppartment.
-I learned to work under pressure and to handle queries and resolve them at the end of the day and i also learned different languages in my work place.
-I am very close to my manager, that i am able to shout – more... when i need some kind of assistance if i don't get my work done.
- I am very friendly to my co-workers and make sure that we work together to be a great team.
-When i don't meet my deadlines.
-Being the HR officer in retail, I learned a lot and that i know all the staff members and how to handle different matter of different people. – less
Makro is a good place to be.
picker (Current Employee), Isando, GautengFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: no free lunc
Cons: i work long hours when they asked me to work, i dont have problem with long working hours.
I enjoy working at makro the only problem is that the contract is about to end. i learned how to live and work with other people and i learned work itself. Managment at makro is treating us good and equal. i enjoy working with my co-workers i even miss them during weekends. there is no challenge at work i just enjoy working all the time.
enjoy every moment
sales man (Former Employee), pietermaritzburgFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
When a customer as me something n i didnt pay attantion, i learned more about working wit customers,the management at work waz very good n friendly to everyone, my collis wow they connected, hardest part of work is when you have died lines and i also enjoy working in an enviroment with lot of cultures
safe environment and very friendly
end controller (Former Employee), durbanJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: short hours
job should have better working hours.otherwise i have experienced alot but not to my fullest satisfaction
very friendly place to work
checkout operator (Former Employee), ipswichJanuary 19, 2013
co workers were a great team, and helped me throughout my time at makro
productive, interactive and fun environment
Merchandise controller (assistant buyer) (Current Employee), Sunninghill, JohannesburgJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: learning environment
One thing i love about Makro is that you are given your space to work, everyone is responsible for their own area. They do not baby or spoon feed a person, so everything you learn is totally up to the individual to take inniative.
The people i work with are like family.
I have learnt alot at Makro that i will take with me wherever i go, one of the skills – more... been confidence and communication.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with 18 stores and making sure they follow and execute plans.
I enjoy most dealing with so many people. – less
Good office atmosphere
Food Buying Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton-on-TeesDecember 6, 2012
Pros: store discount
Cons: having to work bank holidays to order stock
I started at 6am to make a study of gaps on shelves before the store opened. The day consisted of ordering, chasing deliveries, making sure the stock was available for store special offers, checking delivery notes and talking to reps. I had a good working relationship with my co-workers and also with my manager who would inform me what he wanted doing – more... that day and then leave me to acheive it. – less
fun workplace
IT Assistant (Former Employee), Johannesburg, VaalDecember 5, 2012
I went there to learn new skills, expose myself to a workplace and expose my skills also.
I have gained many skills, such as solve problems at the EFT Machines, Tills, Print tickets, Run Start of Day & any other related work.
I have no complains against the management
Not a good place to work.
Front of house assistant (Former Employee), farehamNovember 28, 2012
They don't care about the people who work there, completely unhelpful.

Ikk2013 – February 7, 2013

I agree I work there and finding another job they are useless

Great place to work as staff are very friendly and plesant and management were very aproachable.
Sales staff (Former Employee), ExeterNovember 8, 2012
I did a 8 week work exerience program with Makro through the job center. I really enjoyed woring there and gained many different exerience. I was tought about stock rotation and about labeling shelves. I also realy enjoyed helping the customers find the products that they required and maing sure they had their needs satisfied.
enjoyable workplace
inbound call centre (Current Employee), cape town western capeNovember 6, 2012
Pros: short hours
Cons: far from my location
the work i do have both good and bad side, becouse you deal with defferent customers with defferent attitude every day, but what i like i learn how to culmn and manage to certisfy aech and every customer with the support of my supervisor and my colleages
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Centurion, GautengOctober 27, 2012
Cons: long hours when necessary
Assisting with the department admin and pulling daily, weekly and monthly report for the department and other department, Emailing deals to customers and making follow up with defecting customers. Co ordinating stores function, Events and meetings and taking minutes when necessary. Handling customers quiries and helping our reps to get enough tools – more... to go on the road.

I have learned to take responsibility as a marketing assistant and to always allow my talent and mind to grow and always be available to learn and always be ready to explore the enviroment around me.

I work with a team of management who always believe in other people and allowing people to grow.

My co-workers are very respectfull to one another.

Is preparing for the month end report and on the other side event that needs to take place at the same time, but I always make sure that I give extra hours to achieve my goals.

Organising and co-ordinating store events, sponsorships and donation instore and out side the store. – less
Exciting place to work at.
Accounts clerk (Current Employee), CenturionOctober 13, 2012
last day of the month end we have a very challenging day,we sent monthly reports to our head office and you also have to assist cutomer and staff at the same time but when all of that is done you just say yes we did. Working for Makro made me realise the importance of customer service and the value of customers in the retail business. Management are – more... good always encouraging and motivating staff. There is a lot of respect among staff and when one needs assistant they are quick to lend a hand,because we all know we have a common goal to assist and help customer and make the business work. the most hardest part of the job is when Sap sytstem is down we are not able to do much of work. the most enjoyable part is a day after month end report when all journals are done and all accounts balances, you just become happy. – less
steady, consistant hours
sales assistant (Former Employee), exeterOctober 11, 2012
Pros: laid back, friendly customers.
Cons: poor salary. not enough support from management
At Makro i felt the company and management was not pulling all the same way at times and me and my fellow co workers often found overly reliant on when situations arose that should of been dealt with by managers.
An amazing company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), PretoriaOctober 1, 2012
no two days are ever the same in Retail, you learn new things everyday. Everyday has a new challenge and most of all i enjoy what i do.
challenging workplace
driver (Former Employee), gautengSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: any hours
Cons: long hours
very discliplined well travelled with good knowledge of gauteng
Healthy work relations.
Cash point till operator (Former Employee), Germiston, Meadowdale.August 29, 2012
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: chewing gum
I like to start my day 15 to 20 minutes early before my starting time.I learnt how to treat all clieants and customers with respect because they plain a major role in my work.

I enjoy working with an energetic manager who listens to all employees views about work. A healthy working environment means a happy team, i try to be friendly and helpful to – more... my collogues.

Working late night hours has not been easy as i am a mother. – less