Makro

Makro Employer Reviews

productive, interactive and fun environment
Merchandise controller (assistant buyer) (Current Employee), Sunninghill, JohannesburgJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: learning environment
One thing i love about Makro is that you are given your space to work, everyone is responsible for their own area. They do not baby or spoon feed a person, so everything you learn is totally up to the individual to take inniative.
The people i work with are like family.
I have learnt alot at Makro that i will take with me wherever i go, one of the skills been confidence and communication.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with 18 stores and making sure they follow and execute plans.
I enjoy most dealing with so many people.
Good office atmosphere
Food Buying Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton-on-TeesDecember 6, 2012
Pros: store discount
Cons: having to work bank holidays to order stock
I started at 6am to make a study of gaps on shelves before the store opened. The day consisted of ordering, chasing deliveries, making sure the stock was available for store special offers, checking delivery notes and talking to reps. I had a good working relationship with my co-workers and also with my manager who would inform me what he wanted doing that day and then leave me to acheive it.
fun workplace
IT Assistant (Former Employee), Johannesburg, VaalDecember 5, 2012
I went there to learn new skills, expose myself to a workplace and expose my skills also.
I have gained many skills, such as solve problems at the EFT Machines, Tills, Print tickets, Run Start of Day & any other related work.
I have no complains against the management
Not a good place to work.
Front of house assistant (Former Employee), farehamNovember 28, 2012
They don't care about the people who work there, completely unhelpful.

February 7, 2013

I agree I work there and finding another job they are useless

Great place to work as staff are very friendly and plesant and management were very aproachable.
Sales staff (Former Employee), ExeterNovember 8, 2012
I did a 8 week work exerience program with Makro through the job center. I really enjoyed woring there and gained many different exerience. I was tought about stock rotation and about labeling shelves. I also realy enjoyed helping the customers find the products that they required and maing sure they had their needs satisfied.
enjoyable workplace
inbound call centre (Current Employee), cape town western capeNovember 6, 2012
Pros: short hours
Cons: far from my location
the work i do have both good and bad side, becouse you deal with defferent customers with defferent attitude every day, but what i like i learn how to culmn and manage to certisfy aech and every customer with the support of my supervisor and my colleages
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Centurion, GautengOctober 27, 2012
Cons: long hours when necessary
Assisting with the department admin and pulling daily, weekly and monthly report for the department and other department, Emailing deals to customers and making follow up with defecting customers. Co ordinating stores function, Events and meetings and taking minutes when necessary. Handling customers quiries and helping our reps to get enough tools to go on the road.

I have learned to take responsibility as a marketing assistant and to always allow my talent and mind to grow and always be available to learn and always be ready to explore the enviroment around me.

I work with a team of management who always believe in other people and allowing people to grow.

My co-workers are very respectfull to one another.

Is preparing for the month end report and on the other side event that needs to take place at the same time, but I always make sure that I give extra hours to achieve my goals.

Organising and co-ordinating store events, sponsorships and donation instore and out side the store.
Exciting place to work at.
Accounts clerk (Current Employee), CenturionOctober 13, 2012
last day of the month end we have a very challenging day,we sent monthly reports to our head office and you also have to assist cutomer and staff at the same time but when all of that is done you just say yes we did. Working for Makro made me realise the importance of customer service and the value of customers in the retail business. Management are good always encouraging and motivating staff. There is a lot of respect among staff and when one needs assistant they are quick to lend a hand,because we all know we have a common goal to assist and help customer and make the business work. the most hardest part of the job is when Sap sytstem is down we are not able to do much of work. the most enjoyable part is a day after month end report when all journals are done and all accounts balances, you just become happy.
steady, consistant hours
sales assistant (Former Employee), exeterOctober 11, 2012
Pros: laid back, friendly customers.
Cons: poor salary. not enough support from management
At Makro i felt the company and management was not pulling all the same way at times and me and my fellow co workers often found overly reliant on when situations arose that should of been dealt with by managers.
An amazing company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), PretoriaOctober 1, 2012
no two days are ever the same in Retail, you learn new things everyday. Everyday has a new challenge and most of all i enjoy what i do.
challenging workplace
driver (Former Employee), gautengSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: any hours
Cons: long hours
very discliplined well travelled with good knowledge of gauteng
Healthy work relations.
Cash point till operator (Former Employee), Germiston, Meadowdale.August 29, 2012
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: chewing gum
I like to start my day 15 to 20 minutes early before my starting time.I learnt how to treat all clieants and customers with respect because they plain a major role in my work.

I enjoy working with an energetic manager who listens to all employees views about work. A healthy working environment means a happy team, i try to be friendly and helpful to my collogues.

Working late night hours has not been easy as i am a mother.
Poor Culture
AGM (Former Employee), NorwichAugust 22, 2012
Pros: fantastic products, store environments
Cons: 15-18 hours per day every day or else!!
My experience of working in Makro was apalling. Management Induction consisted of filling shelves and moving stock, nothing concerning running the business. H&S controls not in place. Stocktaking and ad-hoc counts resulting in stockloss not investigated.
HR lacked professionalism. Policy and procedures were not adhered to and clear evidence of bullying from Senior Regional and Divisional Management.
Appraisals, learning & development, performance reviews, recognition all non-existent.
Makro consider a 'good' manager to work from 7am to 10pm everyday and considers anything less to be poor.
Management style of 'carrot and stick' minus the carrot
short trips of entertainments
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Pakistan, LahoreMay 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: free life insurance, free medical, bounses
I was in the poineers who started this first ever business in pakistan.
So the job was so challenging. i make new customers and gave the new concept from traditional to new wholesales business. And remained successful in achieving my target by getting a huge amount of sales from new customers.
Gran formación práctica
ASISTENTE DE COMPRAS (Former Employee), DEPARTAMENTO DE COMPRAS DE LÁCTEOS Y DELICATESSENNovember 29, 2013
Pros: una excelente formación práctica
Cons: sin posibilidad de continuidad después del periodo de prácticas
Comenzaba el día con la revisión del correo electrónico y comprobación de temas pendientes de poca relevancia y su resolución, continuaba con la realización de pedidos para las diferentes tiendas a nivel nacional, gestión de nuevos precios y los márgenes sobre negociaciones del comprador con el proveedor, control de las promociones y elaboración del folleto publicitario reportando al departamento de marketing. Además durante toda la jornada llevaba a cabo la resolución de incidencias que al finalizar la jornada me garantizaba de que todas habían sido resueltas. El volumen de trabajo y responsabilidad era muy alto, un alto volumen de incidencias en la distribución. El trabajo dinámico, el trato con gente diferente cada día y saber que la distribución del día se ha realizado correctamente era mi mayor satisfacción para trabajar cada día como el primero.
un ambiente de trabajo muy bueno y con buenos jefes q sabian mandar y buenos compañeros.
auxiliar de alimentos (Former Employee), Cúcuta, NSAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: buen seguro y cumplen bn los pagos
Cons: no pagan estras
un día típico en el trabajo era llegar a frente ar la tienda primero q todo. depues surtir aghotados.y despues mirar fechas y a retirar lo que estaba con fecha corta.despues a cambiar punteras y surtir lo q estubiera mas golpeado fuera el pasillo q fuera.

aprendí q ser buen compañero de trabajo deja abiertas muchas puertas y q nadie es mas q nadie.

una buena gerencia para que los jefes muí bien gracias a dios.

muí buenos compañeros de trabajo siempre nos dábamos la mano cuando alguno se quedaba atrás

la parte q me parese mas dificil es las fechas por que toca producto por producto revisar.

lo q mas me gusto es q dejan trabajar con eso me refiero a q dan las tareas y dejan q uno las termine para aser otra cosa. y ademas el compañerismo q abia.
Minha opinião
Recepcionista/Repositora/Atendente (Current Employee), Foz do Iguaçu, PRJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: beneficios e estabilidade.
Cons: horarios.
* Aprendi a ter muita paciência;
* Colegas super legais;
* O que é mais difícil falta de colaboradores;
* Agradável, ter colegas que te ajudam.
* Gerente super legal, me deu oportunidades, nada a reclamar.
* Aprendi que quanto mais você ajudar os outros, mais oportunidades você terá.
não tenho como avaliar bem pois foi um quadro extra.
atendente e repositor (Former Employee), Campina Grande, PBJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: plano de saude, vale refeição, vale transporte.
Cons: pouco tempo de almoço.
passei só um mês, foi um quadro extra porem durante este tempo a empresa me passou ser bem organizada mais não tenho como avaliar melhor.
empresa dinamica
atendente (Former Employee), Aracaju, SEJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: refeição balanceada e diversificada.
Cons: ter uma politica de sugurança do trabalho e não atribuir fisicamente.
com metas alcançadas em premiações e uma alteração após resultados;anulando premiações, todos juntos da administração ao serviços gerais realizamos o melhor inventário externo histórico possível.
dinamica e adoravel de se trabalhar
repositor (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: gerentes e colegas de servicos
Cons: comida
otimo de se trabalhar a direao e a gerencia é otiima os colegas tambem sao otimos