Makro

Makro Employer Reviews

Great place to work as staff are very friendly and plesant and management were very aproachable.
Sales staff (Former Employee), ExeterNovember 8, 2012
I did a 8 week work exerience program with Makro through the job center. I really enjoyed woring there and gained many different exerience. I was tought about stock rotation and about labeling shelves. I also realy enjoyed helping the customers find the products that they required and maing sure they had their needs satisfied.
enjoyable workplace
inbound call centre (Current Employee), cape town western capeNovember 6, 2012
Pros: short hours
Cons: far from my location
the work i do have both good and bad side, becouse you deal with defferent customers with defferent attitude every day, but what i like i learn how to culmn and manage to certisfy aech and every customer with the support of my supervisor and my colleages
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Centurion, GautengOctober 27, 2012
Cons: long hours when necessary
Assisting with the department admin and pulling daily, weekly and monthly report for the department and other department, Emailing deals to customers and making follow up with defecting customers. Co ordinating stores function, Events and meetings and taking minutes when necessary. Handling customers quiries and helping our reps to get enough tools – more... to go on the road.

I have learned to take responsibility as a marketing assistant and to always allow my talent and mind to grow and always be available to learn and always be ready to explore the enviroment around me.

I work with a team of management who always believe in other people and allowing people to grow.

My co-workers are very respectfull to one another.

Is preparing for the month end report and on the other side event that needs to take place at the same time, but I always make sure that I give extra hours to achieve my goals.

Organising and co-ordinating store events, sponsorships and donation instore and out side the store. – less
Exciting place to work at.
Accounts clerk (Current Employee), CenturionOctober 13, 2012
last day of the month end we have a very challenging day,we sent monthly reports to our head office and you also have to assist cutomer and staff at the same time but when all of that is done you just say yes we did. Working for Makro made me realise the importance of customer service and the value of customers in the retail business. Management are – more... good always encouraging and motivating staff. There is a lot of respect among staff and when one needs assistant they are quick to lend a hand,because we all know we have a common goal to assist and help customer and make the business work. the most hardest part of the job is when Sap sytstem is down we are not able to do much of work. the most enjoyable part is a day after month end report when all journals are done and all accounts balances, you just become happy. – less
steady, consistant hours
sales assistant (Former Employee), exeterOctober 11, 2012
Pros: laid back, friendly customers.
Cons: poor salary. not enough support from management
At Makro i felt the company and management was not pulling all the same way at times and me and my fellow co workers often found overly reliant on when situations arose that should of been dealt with by managers.
An amazing company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee), PretoriaOctober 1, 2012
no two days are ever the same in Retail, you learn new things everyday. Everyday has a new challenge and most of all i enjoy what i do.
challenging workplace
driver (Former Employee), gautengSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: any hours
Cons: long hours
very discliplined well travelled with good knowledge of gauteng
Healthy work relations.
Cash point till operator (Former Employee), Germiston, Meadowdale.August 29, 2012
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: chewing gum
I like to start my day 15 to 20 minutes early before my starting time.I learnt how to treat all clieants and customers with respect because they plain a major role in my work.

I enjoy working with an energetic manager who listens to all employees views about work. A healthy working environment means a happy team, i try to be friendly and helpful to – more... my collogues.

Working late night hours has not been easy as i am a mother. – less
Poor Culture
AGM (Former Employee), NorwichAugust 22, 2012
Pros: fantastic products, store environments
Cons: 15-18 hours per day every day or else!!
My experience of working in Makro was apalling. Management Induction consisted of filling shelves and moving stock, nothing concerning running the business. H&S controls not in place. Stocktaking and ad-hoc counts resulting in stockloss not investigated.
HR lacked professionalism. Policy and procedures were not adhered to and clear evidence of bullying – more... from Senior Regional and Divisional Management.
Appraisals, learning & development, performance reviews, recognition all non-existent.
Makro consider a 'good' manager to work from 7am to 10pm everyday and considers anything less to be poor.
Management style of 'carrot and stick' minus the carrot – less
short trips of entertainments
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Pakistan, LahoreMay 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: free life insurance, free medical, bounses
I was in the poineers who started this first ever business in pakistan.
So the job was so challenging. i make new customers and gave the new concept from traditional to new wholesales business. And remained successful in achieving my target by getting a huge amount of sales from new customers.
Gran formación práctica
ASISTENTE DE COMPRAS (Former Employee), DEPARTAMENTO DE COMPRAS DE LÁCTEOS Y DELICATESSENNovember 29, 2013
Pros: una excelente formación práctica
Cons: sin posibilidad de continuidad después del periodo de prácticas
Comenzaba el día con la revisión del correo electrónico y comprobación de temas pendientes de poca relevancia y su resolución, continuaba con la realización de pedidos para las diferentes tiendas a nivel nacional, gestión de nuevos precios y los márgenes sobre negociaciones del comprador con el proveedor, control de las promociones y elaboración del – more... folleto publicitario reportando al departamento de marketing. Además durante toda la jornada llevaba a cabo la resolución de incidencias que al finalizar la jornada me garantizaba de que todas habían sido resueltas. El volumen de trabajo y responsabilidad era muy alto, un alto volumen de incidencias en la distribución. El trabajo dinámico, el trato con gente diferente cada día y saber que la distribución del día se ha realizado correctamente era mi mayor satisfacción para trabajar cada día como el primero. – less
divertido, buen ambiente de trabajo respetuosos
auxiliar especializado en venta (Former Employee), San Juan, JDecember 13, 2014
Ambiente de trabajo divertido respetuoso, con buena informacion cultura de puertas abierta, buena capacitacion y muy buena vision de la empresa del cliente y el personal, un dia tipico de trabajo ingresaba 06hs hasta las 14hs se hacia un pequeña reunion se informaba de los objetivos de la situacion actual se trataban los problemas detectado la jornada – more... anterior, se valora la opinion y sugerencia, se incentiva al personal para que de opinion y haga sugerencia de mejora, se brinda autonomia y ayuda para alcanzar los objetivo, lo que mas me gusto el ambiente muy familiar pero tambien muy profesional, la puntualidad en lo horarios y pago, la posibilidad de tratar cualquier inconveniente, lo que no me gusto fue que por razones economicas ajena a la empresa y a mi persona se terminara para mi el trabajo – less
Uma ótima empresa
Repositor Atendente (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJDecember 6, 2014
Pros: refeição na empresa
Cons: não fornecer vale refeição
Pois sempre motivava os funcionário a trabalhar com competência e clareza
Empresa agradável para se trabalhar e sensível aos funcionários.
Aprendiz RH (Former Employee), Ribeirão Preto, SPDecember 4, 2014
Pros: benefícios oferecidos aos funcionários.
Cons: procedimentos internos exigiam muita burocracia.
Como foi o primeiro contato com o mercado de trabalho, e por tratar-se de uma multinacional absorvi todo conteúdo que era proporcionado, acompanhei os procedimentos na área de logística e cresci dentro da empresa subindo ao recursos humanos, onde alinhei princípios teóricos com os práticos por meio do ensino superior e as rotinas de trabalho.
Empresa que ofrece estabilidad laboral
Jefe de fruver (Former Employee), Dosquebradas, RISDecember 3, 2014
Esta empresa pertenece a un grupo empresarial holandés y ofrece muy buenas oportunidades de trabajo y crecimiento en la compañía, en lo personal fue mi segundo empleo pero fue mi mejor escuela, aparte de que mi formación profesional y laboral y mi crecimiento familiar se dio a partir de los ingresos que obtuve en la compañía y que fueron ademas muy – more... bien remunerados.

Es una compañía que viene realizando un proceso en el que el talento humano es el factor mas importante. – less
Boa onde trabalhei
Auxiliar de escritório (Former Employee), São Gonçalo, RJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: aprendizado
Cons: agendamento telefônico
No escritório o trabalho era cansativo mas gratificante, preferia o trabalho de conferente e empilhador. Atender telefone era a unica coisa que não era agradável.
Empresa ótima de trabalhar, dinamica, de bom relacionamento.
Auxiliar Dministrativo (Former Employee), Caruaru, PEDecember 1, 2014
Pros: vale- refeição, vale transporte, planos de saúde.
Cons: não fornecer vale transporte
Dias produtivos, com várias descobertas, produtividade, tendo espaço para aprendizagem, que os Superiores seja de uma bom interatividade com o funcionário.
Colegas de trabalho capazes de dividir tarefas dando oportunidades de aprender e ajudar juntos.
Não tendo pessoas de pensamentos negativos, que esperem que os outros façam por você. E que seja uma – more... pessoa de um bom relacionamento de trabalho capaz de produzir fazendo com que as pessoas que ali fazem a empresa e a empresa cresçam juntos. – less
Empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar.
Representante Comercial (Former Employee), Campos dos Goytacazes, RJNovember 28, 2014
Pros: vale alimentação
Cons: muito desvio de função
Cresci muito como profissional, fui treinada para assumir cargo de chefia de clientes.
Muita cobrança e pressão para retorno das atividades.
Gestão em pessoas meio engessada.
het waren fantastiche jaren
Verkoopmedewerkster afd vers (Former Employee), Hengelo OV, OVNovember 28, 2014
12 en half jaar met veel plezier gewerkt bij de kassa en later op de vers afdeling,
heb veel geleerd in de jaren, had fijne collega s
oefening baart kunst dus t was niet moeilijk meer
en t leukste was, er was geen dag hetzelfde
Empresa agradável
Repositor Atendente (Former Employee), Petrolina, PENovember 26, 2014
Pros: o beneficios eram bons.
Cons: o horário.
Boa direção da empresa e aprendi varias coisas do sistema da loja.