Mall of America Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sales Associate Pacific Sunwear (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2018
Upbeat and highly competitive environment. Sales goals were very high and the team needed to work very coherently in order to reach said goals. As a flagship store we got all new product first and created florets and advertising for said merchendise.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Organization
great culture and people!
Foods Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 10, 2018
Many individuals within the company are passionate and make the experience of working at MOA wonderful. Entry level positions have high turnover rates (like tenant stores at MOA), but there are also associates/TLs that have stayed with MOA for years.
Resources and opportunities are diverse and constantly growing to meet the needs of the company and its employees.
Pros
flexible, room for growth and new expereicnes
Cons
struggles with staffing on occasion
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Very fun place, very busy, you have to stay on your Ps and Qs. Your see alot of new things, new people. You have to like people, be a people [erson tp work at the mall.
Very Productive
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 19, 2017
The work atmosphere and everything is nice. It was a great learning experience for me since it was my first job. the management keeps you busy instead of standing around.
Cons
short breaks
friendly, team effort
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 11, 2017
Great place to work. If i hadn't already had a job i would have still been there now. Do not have much more to say. you do your job , people were very nice .
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Everyone there is really polite and cooperative so it makes it fun and easy to work for them.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 23, 2017
Personally I believe that Mall If America has been one of my best jobs that I worked at since it was really fun to interact with he customers and other employees. The job benefits were great and there were a lot of food options there as well. Honestly if i didn’t have to take the bus there every time I was scheduled and I was actually dropped off in a car, I wouldn’t mind got my back to work there again.
Pros
Discounts, free admission to rides.
Cons
Standing, need a badge.
n/a
Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 13, 2017
To be honest working at Mall Of America is a really great job to work at when it comes to meeting new people and if u really in love with fashion. The pay and the ours are really great and then they have there own ride park in side of it and one of the benefits if you work a the Mall Of America u can get once a week a free wrist ban.
fun, you get to met new people from whole over the world every day.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work, 7 hour morning shift, 10 mid shift and 5 evening shift. Operating the rides including small and big rides. Bumping around different ride each hour
so far was a productive job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2017
some times was a busy places but another easygoing. it was important to learn about customer services. the coworker are team worker. most enjoyably part of the job is to establish relationship with all kind of people
Pros
flexible
Cons
low payment
Fast paced but overall fun place to work.
Foods/ Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 30, 2017
I lover working with people, especially kids, so this is the place to work if you are like me. There is a lot of moving around and standing, there is always something needing to be done and there are a lot of guests making for a fast paced work environment.
Fast paced
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 29, 2017
Selling amusement park tickets and merchandise from park store. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing kids excited. Everyone's really friendly.
Is a thing, will probably get responded because they are like this.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 28, 2017
Again, I have to do this to be able to have my work put up on here. However, this place of employment is pretty great for those already in a MN style culture, or are a teenager.
Cons
Work culture.
Fun and Enjoyable work place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 24, 2017
A day at Mall of America is one of those fun , energetic places to work. Team members are very helpful. Its very diverse with the customers and the work team.
Fast paced and stressful
Attractions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 10, 2017
Working in the floor offered a lot of chances to learn and grow. Long term the work became stressful. Coworkers mean well but never really shake off negative comments and low morale. Good college job but do not stay for long.
Pros
Great health care
Cons
Stressful, overworked, negative work environment
quickpaced
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 4, 2017
We cleaned the food courts. We worked as a team. We were on our feet most of the time. We had to be quick paced because the food court is one of the busiest place in the mall.
Structured Job with Defined Expectations
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 30, 2017
Quick paced where expectations are defined. Manager treats me well but often we're short-handed. Hardest part of job are dry spills & best part are coworkers.
Pros
Nice co-workers & manager
Cons
Dealing with unruly public.
fun place to work
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 20, 2017
very fun place to work you get disccounts on all of the food in the mall you get passes to the waterpark you also get paid really well with alot of hours
Entertainment technician
Entertainment Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 27, 2017
This job may as well be labeled "stagehands every job that is worthwhile is contracted to another company. Management doesn't care about u. Boss lies.
Pros
U learn for like 2 month's. 401k is nice to have
Cons
Lying supervisor, uppermanagement doesnt know anything svout what you do, work every holiday, exciting jobs are hired our to other companies who make twice as mucb money as you
It was a steady job that keeps you busy that makes time fly
Nickelodeon Food & Retail (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 26, 2017
A typical work day was always something different. Either you work at park stores, rides, food stock, etc. what I learned from my job was good customer service and how too cooperate with my co-workers. I had good managers who always came to help even without asking. The people who came to shop, and the employees as well were very diverse and my job allowed them to practice their religion when they need to. the most difficult part of the job was when we are low on staff on a very busy day and on those days breaks a shorter. What I enjoy the most about the job was the benefit we get, long breaks, discounts and free rides!
Pros
dicounts on movie theaters
Cons
workers always call out.
productive and fun workplace
Stylist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 23, 2017
Productiveness is your acceptance of morality, your recognition of the fact that you choose to live--that productive work is the process by which man's consciousness controls his existence, a constant process of acquiring knowledge and shaping matter to fit one's purpose, of translating an idea into physical form, of remaking the earth in the image of one's values--that all work is creative work if done by a thinking mind, and no work is creative if done by a blank who repeats in uncritical stupor a routine he has learned from others
Pros
free lunch
Cons
crowded mall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mall of America. Our community is ready to answer.