Mall of America Employee Reviews

Okay place to work. Safe environment, but coworkers accuse you of stealing and thievery.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 20, 2017
A typical day at work included: handling cash and serving customers while keeping your work area neat and clean. Occasional clean up was necessary. I learned more about counting money and dealing with customers. Management was okay. They could be a little condescending at times. The workplace culture was fun. Being around all of the roller coasters really helped set the mood for working there. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers.
Was okay
Nickelodeon Universe, Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2017
It was okay, I enjoyed working with the kids and seeing them happy.
The management could be a little less over baring, over all it was a okay job. Recommend for high school or college students.
Pros
Free rides and movies
Cons
Rude management
Fun and friendly work environment, Very interactive with guest
Foods Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 3, 2017
There is nothing better than going to work and knowing you will make somebody's day. That's what the Mall was all about. I was able to work with children at Nickelodeon Universe. The employees I managed were kind-hearted and enjoyed what they did. I learned many skills involving guest services through on-the-job training. When management switched in 2015 communication was no longer there. This made it harder to articulate to the higher-ups what was going on throughout the park. The most challenging part of this job was handling situations in which guests were unhappy with their experiences. Although, I was almost always able to send them on their way with a smile on their face.
Pros
Free rides, good benefits, meeting famous people
Cons
unorganized company, being watched by management on camera
something new everyday
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 1, 2017
loved working for the mall. got to meet many people from all over the world. the hardest part of the job was remebering where everything was at!
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 20, 2017
This is a stable job and they are a flexible with your needs. There are many positions and it is definitely fast paced. They have great benefit packages and incentives.
Pros
They give Nickelodeon universe tickets every 4 months to employees
Cons
The Mall is extremely busy and that can get overwhelming
Easy, yet dull and unrewarding
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 18, 2017
I worked there during school and at first it was ok. I enjoyed the job and the compensation (who wouldn't love free passes to a theme park?) But I quickly learned that they didn't care about us. we just worked for them.

My last day working there, I was an hour and a half late getting off the clock, because they forgot about me. Even after I called asking for relief, they took over an hour to get to me.

They don't take the time to get to know their employees, and that wears down a team real fast. in the 3 months I worked there, I only had conversations with one supervisor, who made it a point to go around and check on us during our shift.
Pros
mall discount, free access to the park
Cons
long periods between breaks. only one break for an 8 hour shift
They are a pretty good company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Their system is basically self orientated so you do everything on your own. Although if you do need help the Team Leads and Supervisors are willing to help you out.
Pros
Ride the rides for free
Cons
Short breaks, No free food
Fun, energetic workplace
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Mall of America contained many perks for their employees including an ever changing environment and free access to the amusement park. It was very easy to enjoy working here.
good comany
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2016
Good company to work with MOA, have benefits, colleagues are nice, very considerate, it is good place to work. Good Good Good Good.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Diverse Setting of fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 20, 2016
It was awesome working there for 5 years. I have enjoyed meeting people from all around the world and making great friendships. Pay could be more but it's not an ideal CAREER more like something where experience can be obtained.
Fun place to work and learn new fashion trends
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 13, 2016
my day could be all selling, all merchandising or a mixture of both.
Love to empower women to feel good about themselves and know that they left feeling that they had a amazing shopping experience.
Decent part time position for those in school or have an additonal job
Entertainer/Character/Cohort (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 8, 2016
Previous job duties included performing as one or more of the costumed characters in the theme park of the Mall. Additional duties included facilitating meet and greet moments between the characters and their guests. I've learned about handling concerns of guests in a variety of situations. Management tends to be an even balance of friendly and strict. My colleagues were knowledgeable and reliable, but the hardest part of my duties were finding ways to advance. This job was most enjoyable in the fact that it wasn't as stressful as some other positions can be.
Pros
Free ride tickets, flexible scheduling
Cons
No much room for advancement and lack of insurance benefits
fun work place
Waitress- Cantina (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 25, 2016
I loved working here because of the up beat mood in the restaurant and the awesome guests. I started off hosting for some months and was promised a serving job after I turned 18 but when the time came I ended up getting the short end of the stick which was really upsetting.
Fun Place Ruff Customers
Retail Worker/ Character Preformer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 7, 2016
Coworkers were unhappy to be there most of the time, and costumers were hardly ever satisfied but many fun opportunities and overall one my more exciting work experiences.
fun workplace
ride operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 22, 2016
very diverse crowd to work with and fun people to be around. i liked the co workers although some people on management felt like would single you out at times
It has various growth opportunities for their employees.
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 11, 2016
I have worked for the mall for numerous years and think they are overall a great corporation to work for because of their values, as well how hands on they are with their employees.
pretty good
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 18, 2016
I find most parts of this job to my liking or at least meeting my expectations but I do feel they need more innovation to stay ahead and that the standard response to situations tends to show their thinking is stuck in the 90's.
Pros
free ride at the park, employee appreacaition days
Cons
micromanaging during high tide
Interesting way
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55425June 19, 2016
This is an interesting way of looking for potential employees. I've never used this method or come across it before but I guess with consumers changing along with everything else, we have to evolve I suppose.
Pros
Free points and wrist bands
team lead
Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 21, 2016
Oversee all departments and reps running the Mall floor to ensure that the daily operations are running smoothly. Learned how to become a leader as I am in charge of over 200+ staffing. We have to make sure that every one is connected day to day and that all preparations are ready for opening or closing. Connecting with all departments in order to go in detail what the day to week plans are set for the Mall.
Pros
no micromana
Cons
breaks are given only when time is available and may be short.
Good work environment
Ride Operator/Ropes Course Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 13, 2016
The coworkers and job environment are nice. You work 6-10 hours at a time, so the hours are good too. You will be standing on your feet for long periods of time doing repetitive action.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mall of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2