Summer Position – Head Sailing Instructor
Malletts Bay Boat Club
The not-profit Malletts Bay Boat Club has been in continuous operation since 1936. The 160 member families share a common interest in sailing and boating on Lake Champlain which various club activities particularly, racing and cruising, encourage.
This position oversees three instructors for our eight week junior sailing program and ensures that all instructors positively represent the club and create a welcoming, professional environment for club members, guests and the parents of junior sailors.
Dates of duties: Full time weekdays from mid June to mid August . Part time prior to June 15 and after August 13, as needed to fulfill duties. Weekends only during scheduled Junior Sailing regattas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and participate in all sessions of the Junior Sailing Program.
- Schedule all sailing instructors for Program and Private lessons.
- Follow US Sailing curriculum.
- Ensure that all Program needs and all boats are ready prior to June 15, 2010.
- Ensure that all students are supervised and are participating in a safe and professional environment.
- Maintain boats throughout the season, a weekly maintenance report to be given to Junior Sailing Committee chair, Ken Grillo, every Friday during the weekly Program review.
- Clean and prepare all boats for winter storage in good condition following end of program.
- Maintain communication with Junior Sailing Committee chair on a weekly basis.
- Supervise the Assistant and Junior Instructors ensuring that they complete their duties.
- Supervise the MBBC Junior Sailors at off-site regattas.
- If requested, assist the Junior Sailing committee to run at least one on site regatta.
- Keep all required certificates current.
- Other duties as needed
- US Sailing level 1 and level 2 certification
- Current Basic First Aid & CPR certification
- Demonstrated sailing instruction experience
- Small boat racing experience
- Demonstrated management experience