Mallinckrodt

Mallinckrodt Employer Reviews

good place for.no life
machinist (Former Employee), st.louis moNovember 12, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: lots of work
Worked at saint louis plant was terminated after one accident never been in trouble before and the union is a joke there
Administrative Assistant
IS Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: wonderful work environement with coworkers and management
Cons: can't think of any - loved this company!
• Manage day-to-day operations of department and report directly to Director
• Plan and schedule meetings/appointments/projects
• Making travel and guest arrangements
• Coordinate Awards Banquet 400+ attendees at Science Center
(received bonus for excellent job)
• Prepare presentations in Powerpoint
OK place. Not OK management
IT Person (Former Employee), St LouisOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benefits ... but being slowly taken away. bonus was good!
Cons: doom and gloom attitudes
Just an OK place to work to get a check. Pretty demanding with many unclear directions from upper management. Had a tendency to hire and retain underqualified people for various positions making your position fixing what they broke more difficult then it needed to be. Rarely was there any advancement or opportunity for advancement to upper positions – more... no matter how much blood sweat and tears and years you put into your job. Very under appreciated for sure which is pretty well the trend there. Non Mangement people were good to work with and the ones that had been there for a while were good at what they did. A lot of Doom and Gloom and in fighting among management about the future of the company and how things should be done. Got old and since they basically didnt care about you anyway ........you felt expendable. Security, loyalty and job satisfaction is a thing of the past there. – less
It was a company that really cared about their employees
Order Processor and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, reputable company to work for
Cons: always being watched, certain people getting preferential treatment
When I first started working there, it was a employee oriented company. They really cared about their employees. As the years went on, they were bought by TYCO and things really changed. Everything you did they micro managed day and night. There were more women in upper management who tried to prove they were as good as men in their positions. Most – more... of my co-workers I got along with but sometimes I had to bite my tongue and keep my opinions to myself. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job was to talk to my favorite customers day in and day out and the respect they had in my demeanor. – less
Great place to work.
Machinist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay. good benefits.
Cons: not knowing about job security.
Morning meeting. Equipment availability. Perform job(s) as required.
Log time and job information into system (Maximo). End of shift meeting.

I have learned a great deal, training is consistent.

Management is going through many changes.

I work with good people.

Hardest part of my job is wondering about our job security.

I enjoy knowing I can make – more... a difference when I perform my job. – less
Great Place to grow
Product Development Analyst (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Excellent place. I really enjoyed my time here.

I have grown in my career here and recommend to others.
Used to be a great place, too much uncertainty now.
St. Louis (Current Employee), St. LouisSeptember 2, 2014
Prior to Mallinckrodt spin off this was a great place to work, now the morale is low.
positive
sales (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOAugust 21, 2014
positive experience - great coworkers - convenient location - recent downsizing happening frequently
Decent place to work
Staff Formulation Scientist (Current Employee), Webster Groves, MOAugust 20, 2014
The majority of individuals working in this facility are decent, hardworking, intelligent people.
great learning experience
Formulation Supervisor, Senior Chemical Compounder (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2014
Good Place to work.Helping other people and doing my job to the best of my ability.
Enjoyed working at company
F.S. Material Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: like working for company and dedicate staff
Set up warehouse and in charge of staff of 50. Improve inventory accuracy and inventory flow. In charge of shipping department. Started with on 50 shipments a day to 2000 a day with out adding extra employees.
Pain Specialist
Pain Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 16, 2014
• Launched a class 2 opioid and other pain medication in a newly created territory.
• Promote products to Orthopedic Surgeons, Pain Management, Plastic Surgeons, IM and general surgeons.
Company expands quickly - agressive
Accounting Manager - Latin America (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOJuly 16, 2014
Fast pace environment. Quick decision making. Change happens constantly.
nice company
Production Operator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 29, 2014
Rock and roll, formulation, great team, strong group, no benefits, and coworkers.
Excellent Company
Customer Account/Sales Support Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k, personal life balance
Cons: different management, different styles but not one culture
Excellent company to work for. Benefits are amongst one of the greatest advantages within the company.
Very challenging and ever changing work environment
Senior Indirect Sourcing Agent (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2014
Pros: strong company
Cons: ever changing environment
Very high paced, ever changing work. Job required flexibility and ability to problem solve regularly. Knowledge of work processes important. All different personalities involved which allowed answers to issues. Co workers were willing to get together to solve problems as they arose.

The hardest part of the job was deciding the best way to move forward. – more... This also led into the most enjoyable part of the job - knowing your co workers and how they could help too. – less
A good place to work
Full Time Employee (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2014
A typical day at work involves prioritizing what’s deemed critical or time sensitive for the day; compliance related tasks are at the top of the list, and then CAPA, Exception, and / or Change Control action items are next. Most ongoing capital projects require me to perform some kind of daily coordination efforts amongst the different groups to keep – more... the validation related deliverables on track.

What I’ve learned is that flexibility and ability and/or willingness to communicate are tied for being likely the most important skills. Not every situation can be responded to with the exact same approach; it takes critical though, and the weighing of the inputs, parameters, and details of what is considered critical to quality, and the business.

Management, by and large, has been in a state flux for the last several years, so there is always something new to adjust to; whether it be a management style, level of communication, priority management, etc.
My coworkers are professional, but we still work in our own silos for the most part. This is not much alignment of priorities; it’s more about making the numbers look good, or moving the needle, regardless if the numbers actually translate into best practices or what’s right for the site and/or Quality organization.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with and accepting the varying level of standards that are used within the facility (to gauge progress and acceptability) and the associated lack of accountability that is pervasive through all groups. – less
Working together to provide a better life for the ones in need of treatment of pain/cancer/adhd
Packaging Line Technician (Current Employee), Upstate New YorkApril 21, 2014
Pros: 4 on 4 off schedual
Cons: workload depends on market
A typical day at work would include a 12 hour shift, you learn to work together to provide a safe medication for those in need. Attention to detail is very important as well as Quality and Safety.

The hardest part of being a PLT would include introduction of maintenance repair, but nothing is impossible without the right tools and satisfactory training.

The – more... most enjoyable part of being an operator in a factory is that you're able to interact with people, you're able to learn different things all the time, and at the end of the day you know you accomplished to make a safe and quality product. – less
Pitiful example of a Pharmacutical Manufacturer
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hobart NYFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee, and milk
Cons: no family life, overworked poor disposition of emplyees.
Keep within the flock mentality, continuing to give more responsibilities' to the uneducated yes people. If one was to show any ethical, or moral responsibilities a target was then put on you and their own incorrect SOP's would lead you out the door.
Managers goals were to cut cost's and even if that meant poor quality the profit margin was the goal.
Growing company
Director of Global Transportation (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2014
A company in the beginning of defining it's own direction as a corporation.

About Mallinckrodt

In July 2013, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals became an independent, publicly traded, $2.1 billion company. We’re now driven – Read more