Mallinckrodt Employee Reviews

Temps need not apply
Blending Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I worked at Mallinckrodt's Hobart, NY location for several months, and was told by the full-time employees, right off the bat, that the company does not hire temps. Myself and all of the other temps that started when I did are now currently unemployed. Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere. Caveat emptor.
Pros
Nice lunch room, fairly easy work
Cons
hazardous chemicals, high turnover, employees constantly worried about losing their jobs
excellent working enviroment
Engineering Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 2, 2016
My job is checking form, fit and function. I found those jobs I checked were designed by competent people. When I found an over-site, they were most often agreeable to comply.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
An old company and wants to change directions
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2016
I have been working at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time about one year. Company is old and big, I have lot of to learn.
Pros
It is ok with work/life balance and salaries
Cons
Managment wants to change directions without readiness
Stressfull work enviroment
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hobart, NYApril 10, 2016
To many changes that are not beneficial to run a successful operation, they have created a very stressful environment to work in, to far to travel to everyday
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Structure
very productive
Blending Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYApril 2, 2016
day started out with changing into your uniform, going to the board to see what blending room you are working in and seeing where they were with the blend. it was a great place to work. the hardest part of the job was the lifting and dumping of drums and other ingredients
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
too much drama with employees
Horrible place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYFebruary 18, 2016
A company with poor management and no direction . Like a concentration camp with pay . No job security . You can be fired for the tiniest thing . Management has no grasp of reality , they just want what they want . People leave and whoever is left must take up the slack.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Workers are treated like peasants
very nice working inside ,out of the weather
Level I Solid Dose Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Railroad ave. Hobart N.Y.February 16, 2016
I learned to work as a group
The management and supervisors we're helpful
The co workers we're like family
The hardest thing was looking at the tiny pills coming down the line
and being on your feet all day
Many changes are taking place
chemist (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 7, 2015
Company is changing its focus and moving away from the longer term research to put most resources on product extensions. If you are not part of that focus update your resume and start looking.
Fun and proctive work environment
Senior Acthar Sales Specialist / Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2015
I always have had fun at my job and have made great relationships with my clients and co-workers. I have been very successful.
Senior Technician
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2015
- Creative problem solving.
- Technical trouble shooting.
- Encourage creativity in work environment.
- Leading group discussions.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities, little teamwork
Enjoy challenges of scientific work, but upper mgmt into acquisitions
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOOctober 24, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed my R&D colleagues and the work challenges put forth over the last several years with complex drug product matrices for extended release and abuse deterrence. Some belaboring challenges come with bureaucracy of controlled substance products. Unfortunately, recent upper management is now more focused on short-term high-profit limited market drug products obtained through acquisitions rather than on long-term and sustainable investment in R&D for new internal products.
Pros
Challenging drug product formulations
Cons
Decreasing upper mgmt interest in R&D with recent acquisitions
Company Culture-MNK
Senior Acthar Specialist (ARD Team) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
After having had the opportunity to experience Questcor and the feeling that the Specialist in the field that provided the customer facing were of great importance, its been very difficult to understand the direction and the focus of Mallinckrodt. I'm unsure if they undserstand the value of 1 patient and the impact that Acthar and the role that it plays within the MS Franchise.

I'm proud of the fact that for 3 years I never missed a quota and I finished each year within the top 5 of the Neurology Sales (ARD) Team. The southern Nevada market has grown from a 100,00K market to more than 13 million yearly.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Experience of ARD Leadership Team-Mallinckrodt
a very structure enviroment
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2015
Management is still in transition. It's not the same with the new management. A lot of the original people are jumping ship because the culture is changing.
Upper management issues
Surgical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2015
Downsized with 150+ reps and managers on a phone call. Had been there 7 months. They made us buy cars one month before terminating all of us. Some of the reps had just gotten out of training the week before.
Cons
All that matters is the stock
I liked the team i was with.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  st louisAugust 19, 2015
hard to review, the company is changing very fast. I am not sure what a typical day there is because each lab is different, I think you need to check back in a couple of years to see if it's still here or if maybe it merged with another company.
Pros
many good people
Cons
you don't know if you have a job tomorrow
Productive and exciting company to work for.
Sr. Clinical Data Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 16, 2015
Being a part of the data management group at Mallinckrodt for 13 years was very rewarding. I had wonderful co-workers within clinical data management as well as other functions in clinical affairs.
Mallinckrodt in Maryland Heights is a heavily regulated plant which produces radioactive pharmacueticals for diagnostics and preventative treatment.
Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 14, 2015
As a production superintendent I am responsible for overseeing the manufacturing of three main production lines. Operations require a collaborative and strong work ethic with my staff as well as with internal support groups. The team is heavily production orientated with a strong understanding of safety and quality. Along with being production orientated, I lead the team in championing cost savings and process efficiency drivers.
Typical Day
Development Engineer II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2015
I typically have a project to work on. I develop experiments to conduct and transfer the final process to manufacturing to validate. I then follow the production data to compare results from the changes made.
Pros
Free to conduct my work without being micromanaged
Cons
Would like to advance my career at a faster pace
used to be a great place to work
Coating Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYJuly 16, 2015
the pay,benefits, and vacation time is really good. Most of the people where great to work with. I disagreed with the cutbacks so after 23 years I left
9 year of service
In-Process Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I worked for mallkinckrodt for 9years I was laid off on sept 5 2014 I was grateful to work for mallinckrodt for 9 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mallinckrodt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9