Mallinckrodt Employee Reviews

worked in shipping
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYJanuary 10, 2018
Worked in shipping department prepared bill of lading for truck provide the correct dot according toregulations call trucking company to pick up special shipment
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
not every one was treated the same
productive
Driver/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2017
I was a retiree at the time working at Mallinckrodt not for benefits but to expand my working experience in a totally new environment and culture .. the hardest part was dealing with radio activity and the hours at times were stressful
Pros
my counter parts and the team atmosphere
Cons
the hours
Generous compensation packages.
Supervisor/Lead Asset Operations (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 12, 2017
Mallinckrodt was generous in compensation, benefits and vacation. There were many opportunities for job advancement. I enjoyed my working experience tremendously during a majority of the time I worked for Mallinckrodt. My decision to move on was due to becoming a parent and being the primary care taker of our children. At the same time, Mallinckrodt's policies moved from flexible hours, working from home to removing all flexibility while most companies were moving towards this type of flexibility. This made it very difficult for a parent of young children.
enjoyed my time at the plant until I retired
chemical proccesser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
My position at the plant was an extremely high security job as I dealt with narcotics. Preparing a specific chemical could take up to a month at a time to complete. A vary invloved process.
Manufacturing was both repetetive and boring.
Material handler/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYSeptember 17, 2017
The job was easy at times others not so easy.
The workplace culture was great. Had a lot of fun working with many different people. The best part of my experience was driving fork truck and working with everyone in the warehouse.
relaxed place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2017
People and supervisors are very respectful and very reasonable good place to work with, and also every weeks meeting for learning and ways to work more productive and also with more efficiency and with care to avoid injuries
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good Plaxce tow ork
Associate Director/ ARD Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Hampton, NJJuly 26, 2017
Good culture and good comradery in work place. Good management and very friendly. Always encourage additional learning and willing to listen regarding your experience abput how you handled situations similar to present from your previous jobs. Flexible work schedule and promotes sharing of ideas.
Pros
Remote work at least 1 day/week
Cons
sometimes the timelines are very tight
Poor culture.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYJune 19, 2017
Slap engineer job titles to anyone off the street. Poor culture. Everyone wants to reinvent the wheel, meanwhile the upper management is making millions in profit. Deadbeat Job.
Long grueling hours but with good people
Senior Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2017
I have worked at the downtown facility for many years. I've made friends who are like family.

it's an old facility and buildings are in desperate need of repair.

Management is constantly in survival mode which leaves very little employee development. Not to worry, that will be held against you at review time! Management uses the excuse of newer staff "being useless millennials" instead of offering the training senior people had when they first started. This leads to high turn-over and job frustration.
Pros
salary and benefits are ok
Cons
if you aren't worried about losing your job, you are worried about getting shot!
Hard demanding work environment with interesting toys and radioactive materials
Sr. Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 1, 2017
Great people to work with but too many bosses and layers of management. Too many list keepers and too few doers. Demanding work environment. Doers wanted.
Pros
Very dynamic and interesting workplace. Different, unique.
Cons
Very long hours to get the workload completed, poor work life balance.
Great coworkers. Supervisors with a GED trying to educate employees on how to do your job.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2017
Great place to work prior to Tyco Healthcare buyout. Mallinckrodt went downhill very fast. Employees were just fired for the smallest things. Prior to Tyco, Mallinckrodt treated employees with respect & compensation for good job performance.
Pros
4 day workweek.
Cons
Working for a Supervisor with a G.E.D & no common sense.
Nice place to work, good benefits
Production Document Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 16, 2017
Large company to work for, good benefits, training, other opportunities offered in different divisions/depts. Workspaces are in comfortable sizes, offer cafeteria and exercise room and great location.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunites for advancement, high turnover.
Temps need not apply
Blending Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I worked at Mallinckrodt's Hobart, NY location for several months, and was told by the full-time employees, right off the bat, that the company does not hire temps. Myself and all of the other temps that started when I did are now currently unemployed. Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere. Caveat emptor.
Pros
Nice lunch room, fairly easy work
Cons
hazardous chemicals, high turnover, employees constantly worried about losing their jobs
Change
Sr. Manager, Strategic Quality Projects (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Mallinckrodt is a dynamic changing organization. Current focus is divided between generics and brands. My role allows me to select key quality projects and drive improvements across multiple sites.
excellent working enviroment
Engineering Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 2, 2016
My job is checking form, fit and function. I found those jobs I checked were designed by competent people. When I found an over-site, they were most often agreeable to comply.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
An old company and wants to change directions
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2016
I have been working at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time about one year. Company is old and big, I have lot of to learn.
Pros
It is ok with work/life balance and salaries
Cons
Managment wants to change directions without readiness
Stressfull work enviroment
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hobart, NYApril 10, 2016
To many changes that are not beneficial to run a successful operation, they have created a very stressful environment to work in, to far to travel to everyday
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Structure
very productive
Blending Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYApril 2, 2016
day started out with changing into your uniform, going to the board to see what blending room you are working in and seeing where they were with the blend. it was a great place to work. the hardest part of the job was the lifting and dumping of drums and other ingredients
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
too much drama with employees
Horrible place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYFebruary 18, 2016
A company with poor management and no direction . Like a concentration camp with pay . No job security . You can be fired for the tiniest thing . Management has no grasp of reality , they just want what they want . People leave and whoever is left must take up the slack.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Workers are treated like peasants
very nice working inside ,out of the weather
Level I Solid Dose Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Railroad ave. Hobart N.Y.February 16, 2016
I learned to work as a group
The management and supervisors we're helpful
The co workers we're like family
The hardest thing was looking at the tiny pills coming down the line
and being on your feet all day