Mallinckrodt Employee Reviews

Fun and proctive work environment
Senior Acthar Sales Specialist / Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2015
I always have had fun at my job and have made great relationships with my clients and co-workers. I have been very successful.
Senior Technician
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2015
- Creative problem solving.
- Technical trouble shooting.
- Encourage creativity in work environment.
- Leading group discussions.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities, little teamwork
Enjoy challenges of scientific work, but upper mgmt into acquisitions
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOOctober 24, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed my R&D colleagues and the work challenges put forth over the last several years with complex drug product matrices for extended release and abuse deterrence. Some belaboring challenges come with bureaucracy of controlled substance products. Unfortunately, recent upper management is now more focused on short-term high-profit limited market drug products obtained through acquisitions rather than on long-term and sustainable investment in R&D for new internal products.
Pros
Challenging drug product formulations
Cons
Decreasing upper mgmt interest in R&D with recent acquisitions
Company Culture-MNK
Senior Acthar Specialist (ARD Team) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
After having had the opportunity to experience Questcor and the feeling that the Specialist in the field that provided the customer facing were of great importance, its been very difficult to understand the direction and the focus of Mallinckrodt. I'm unsure if they undserstand the value of 1 patient and the impact that Acthar and the role that it plays within the MS Franchise.

I'm proud of the fact that for 3 years I never missed a quota and I finished each year within the top 5 of the Neurology Sales (ARD) Team. The southern Nevada market has grown from a 100,00K market to more than 13 million yearly.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Experience of ARD Leadership Team-Mallinckrodt
a very structure enviroment
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2015
Management is still in transition. It's not the same with the new management. A lot of the original people are jumping ship because the culture is changing.
Upper management issues
Surgical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2015
Downsized with 150+ reps and managers on a phone call. Had been there 7 months. They made us buy cars one month before terminating all of us. Some of the reps had just gotten out of training the week before.
Cons
All that matters is the stock
I liked the team i was with.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  st louisAugust 19, 2015
hard to review, the company is changing very fast. I am not sure what a typical day there is because each lab is different, I think you need to check back in a couple of years to see if it's still here or if maybe it merged with another company.
Pros
many good people
Cons
you don't know if you have a job tomorrow
Productive and exciting company to work for.
Sr. Clinical Data Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 16, 2015
Being a part of the data management group at Mallinckrodt for 13 years was very rewarding. I had wonderful co-workers within clinical data management as well as other functions in clinical affairs.
Mallinckrodt in Maryland Heights is a heavily regulated plant which produces radioactive pharmacueticals for diagnostics and preventative treatment.
Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 14, 2015
As a production superintendent I am responsible for overseeing the manufacturing of three main production lines. Operations require a collaborative and strong work ethic with my staff as well as with internal support groups. The team is heavily production orientated with a strong understanding of safety and quality. Along with being production orientated, I lead the team in championing cost savings and process efficiency drivers.
Typical Day
Development Engineer II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2015
I typically have a project to work on. I develop experiments to conduct and transfer the final process to manufacturing to validate. I then follow the production data to compare results from the changes made.
Pros
Free to conduct my work without being micromanaged
Cons
Would like to advance my career at a faster pace
used to be a great place to work
Coating Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, NYJuly 16, 2015
the pay,benefits, and vacation time is really good. Most of the people where great to work with. I disagreed with the cutbacks so after 23 years I left
9 year of service
In-Process Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I WORKED FOR MALLKINCKRODT FOR 9YEARS I WAS LAID OFF ON SEPT 5 2014 I WAS GRATEFUL TO WORK FOR MALLINCKRODT FOR 9 YEARS.
Positive review
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Good company and great people.
Good products
Good Tech support.
Good benefits.
Field service based from home. Did all travel and scheduling arrangements.
Pros
stable
Cons
always changing
field service
X-ray field service engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Did field service on xray equipment in hospitals, too much travel
Great company before mergers
Analyst (Former Employee) –  St LouisNovember 19, 2014
Years ago this company really cared about and valued the employees. There have just been too many mergers and acquisitions. The people who work there are dedicated and sometimes it felt like a family. One major issue is that they keep adding high level executive positions while adding extra responsibility to mid level/lower level employees. They also think that just because someone is proficient in a financial capacity that it would translate well into management. Most managers had terrible people skills. Policies regarding absenteeism were a joke and some managers did nothing to address it with the few people who were constantly calling in sick.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, pay
Cons
management, constant workforce reductions
good place for.no life
machinist (Former Employee) –  st.louis moNovember 12, 2014
Worked at saint louis plant was terminated after one accident never been in trouble before and the union is a joke there
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of work
Administrative Assistant
IS Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
• Manage day-to-day operations of department and report directly to Director
• Plan and schedule meetings/appointments/projects
• Making travel and guest arrangements
• Coordinate Awards Banquet 400+ attendees at Science Center
(received bonus for excellent job)
• Prepare presentations in Powerpoint
Pros
wonderful work environement with coworkers and management
Cons
can't think of any - loved this company!
OK place. Not OK management
IT Person (Former Employee) –  St LouisOctober 14, 2014
Just an OK place to work to get a check. Pretty demanding with many unclear directions from upper management. Had a tendency to hire and retain underqualified people for various positions making your position fixing what they broke more difficult then it needed to be. Rarely was there any advancement or opportunity for advancement to upper positions no matter how much blood sweat and tears and years you put into your job. Very under appreciated for sure which is pretty well the trend there. Non Mangement people were good to work with and the ones that had been there for a while were good at what they did. A lot of Doom and Gloom and in fighting among management about the future of the company and how things should be done. Got old and since they basically didnt care about you anyway ........you felt expendable. Security, loyalty and job satisfaction is a thing of the past there.
Pros
benefits ... but being slowly taken away. bonus was good!
Cons
doom and gloom attitudes
It was a company that really cared about their employees
Order Processor and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 21, 2014
When I first started working there, it was a employee oriented company. They really cared about their employees. As the years went on, they were bought by TYCO and things really changed. Everything you did they micro managed day and night. There were more women in upper management who tried to prove they were as good as men in their positions. Most of my co-workers I got along with but sometimes I had to bite my tongue and keep my opinions to myself. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job was to talk to my favorite customers day in and day out and the respect they had in my demeanor.
Pros
good benefits, reputable company to work for
Cons
always being watched, certain people getting preferential treatment
Great place to work.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Morning meeting. Equipment availability. Perform job(s) as required.
Log time and job information into system (Maximo). End of shift meeting.

I have learned a great deal, training is consistent.

Management is going through many changes.

I work with good people.

Hardest part of my job is wondering about our job security.

I enjoy knowing I can make a difference when I perform my job.
Pros
good pay. good benefits.
Cons
not knowing about job security.