Are you goal focused? Are you ready to shine? If so, you may be the star we are looking for. If you know how to move freight and love seeing your customer smile, we want to hear from you.
Opportunity: Mallory Alexander International Logistics has an immediate opening for an OTR/Drayage Transportation Coordinator in Memphis, TN.
Description: It is the Truck Broker/Drayage Dispatcher's responsibility to execute the operations of the department. Duties include but are not limited to customer service, dispatching shipments with carriers, price negotiation and quotation, oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable, process improvement, and customer and a vendor development.
The day to day activities include:
- Enter customer orders into system with all load specifics: Shipper, consignee, third party bill to, pickup date, delivery date, reference numbers, number of bales, approximate weight, etc.
- Enter Import/Export order with booking number, empty equipment pick up location, number of empties, return to location, marks to be loaded into containers, port or rail ramp cutoff, etc.
- Record freight charges to customers and estimated carrier freight charges from origin/destination
- Schedule pickup against ship dates and ready dates
- Secure and dispatch carriers within costing expectations, record actual carrier cost
- Coordinate trans-loading of shipments moving into warehouses that will continue on as exports/import
- Update orders with actual loaded details, containers, weight, pcs, seals, etc.
- Track and record shipment events from pickup through delivery and add notes on exceptions
- Update appropriate offices and customers during pickup and deliveries
- Negotiate rates and fuel with carriers to ensure market pricing
- Develop carriers and use load board websites to increase availability of carriers
- Quoting of business for sales
- Process shipment invoicing according to the customer’s billing requirements
- Develop customer reports as needed
- Resolve payable and invoice discrepancies
- Ensure operational execution and performance in meeting customer and company goals and requirements
- Cross-train and support all functions within the department
- Execute orders and document all processes following ISO guide lines
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace and always represent the company in an appropriate and professional manner.
Requirements: Position requires a minimum of two years of industry-related experience. You will be self-motivated with ability to work closely with customers and vendors. You will also possess a fluent or advanced working knowledge of word, excel, and other computer applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Mallory Alexander International Logistics is a leading global 3PL, headquarted in Memphis, TN. We are an equal opportunity employer offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
Apply on-line, include references with resume