Malone University Employee Reviews

na
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work, great environment. Tenured professors were always available to assist with questions or issues. Contemporary classrooms and state of the art facilities.
student
Student (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I am just a student at this institution. I feel Malone has provided me with skill that are going to help me succeed in the world of business.
Pros
Small classes
Cons
strict
Low Morale and No room for advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 3, 2017
*A typical day at work means sit down do your job, no room for fun.
*I learned that looks can be deceiving to whether an employer cares about it's employees.
*My manager often curses, uses inappropriate language, makes inappropriate comments, talks about other employees, and makes fun of his employees.
*My co-workers are phenomenal.
*The hardest part of the job is feeling like everything wrong with the University is your fault because you are at the bottom.
Positive and fun workplace
OFFICE SECRETARY AND RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 2, 2017
This job gave me financial stability and an opportunity to continue my schooling at Malone University. It was so enjoyable because I learned a variety of new skills in a short period of time. I worked with computer programs I had never seen before and my supervisors would not hesitate to help me with something I did not know.
Cons
N/a
Great atmosphere
School Tutor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 25, 2016
Easy and fun job. Very rewarding job. Nice managers. Hardest part of job is getting schoolwork done while also working.
Christian University
Office Manager/Admitting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 8, 2015
Malone offers a Christian environment with wonderful employees who are dedicated and committed to serving students with excellence.
All about the Library
Circulation Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 24, 2015
Working in the Library was fun and busy. My co-workers are enjoyable to be around and they make my job interesting. This position was easy and I did not find no parts to be challenging.
What I like the most about it was the people were fun and friendly.
Pros
worked around my class schedule
Cons
does not apply
Always working with people who desire to learn.
Peer Tutor - Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 15, 2015
It was always VERY fun to talk so much about a subject that I am fascinated with. Two hours of tutoring would feel like no more than a half hour to me. It was also a great learning experience to see how others view the same material - how they make sense of it, and how they relate to it.
Great work ethics till 2008!
Skilled Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 5, 2015
Make rounds in my buildings unless pulled for a HVAC/R call! Then complete any work-orders , then work on PM's ! Learned that even at a Christian College get it in writing! management above my department was way too much on micro-mangement! Half co-workers were great ! Hardest part was people that were pillars of Malone were let go! Most enjoyable was fixing a problem that a student had and thanking me for coming so quick !
Pros
Our kids had free schooling!
Cons
No raises cuase the rest of the country was tanking & Malone was Booming!
Very Supportive Work Environment
Professor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 14, 2015
Typical professorial responsibilities: teaching, service, and scholarly work. Colleagues in the same and different departments are congenial. The hardest part of of the job is typical of professors: balancing all that's required of the job and life at home.
Pros
Terrific Culture
Cons
Salary & Lack of a Union
Great environment to grow as a coach
Assistant Men's soccer coach (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Daily duties include planning training session, and kit management.
I learned how to handle student athletes and the different challenges each presented.
The head coach taught me a great deal about managing a varsity program, including the financial, managerial and personal aspects that come with the position.
Loved This Place
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 20, 2014
I worked in the Writing Center while I attended Malone University. Not only was this job convenient as I lived and worked on campus, but I also learned a lot in this role. This job allowed me the chance to improve my editorial skills as well as get a glimpse of the administrative side of the job world.
good co workers great benefits
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 3, 2014
Have to do more with fewer personnel, with no monetary compensation in six years.
Pros
Great bennefits
Cons
doing more with less
Helped with work and organizing books and files. Computer work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 10, 2014
Do anything work that needs to be done for professors. Help other student workers with jobs. Able to work around my class schedule. Friendly environment to work in.
Great coworkers!
Office of Advancement Administrative Assistant  (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 10, 2013
I worked at Malone while I was a student, and my supervisors were very easy to get along with, people who genuinely care about people.
Awesome community
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Canton, OhioMarch 22, 2013
Provides the opportunity to do meaningful work and truly make a difference.
Pros
wonderful culture, outstanding benefits, academic environment, christian community
easy going work environment
DRA (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 12, 2013
Working in the dish room:
scraping food from the dishes and then running them though the dish washing machine.
After which the dish room is washed and scrubbed after all the dishes have been cleaned.

Working in the dining hall:
Stacking the chairs sweeping and mopping the floor
Wiping all the tables and unstacking the chair in preparation for the next day
Cleaning and servicing the ice-cream machine and the dish machine
Pros
free meals
Cons
minimum wage and no health benefits
Wonderful school!
Telemarketing Recruiter (in Admissions) (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 18, 2012
The culture is this school is unmatched. Everyone is kind, helpful, and they exemplify true teamwork and unity.
Pros
everything
Self-Employment with my Mother
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 7, 2012
Typically we worked fast and hard to paint an entire apartment in a day. Although it was humbling, there was no interaction with other people which I like. I also felt like I wasn't doing anything to help people which is important to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Malone University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2