Mama Fu's Asian House Employee Reviews

Great growth opportunity, but no balance to work and personal life
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2016
I definitely learned a lot at Mama Fu's asian house and it has definitely turned me into a much better manager as well as a much better person. The reason i am leaving this company is the balance between your work life and personal life are heavily shifted more towards the work life, and the compensation just is not worth all of the hard work anymore.
Pros
Free lunches, great growth
Cons
Long hours, not so great pay.
Bitter sweet
Cashier/Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
I'm not too sure how the store is doing now, but when I was there last, it was not doing too well. My co-workers were some of the coolest and best people to work with. It was sad for me to leave this job, but when money calls, it's best to get going. From what I know there are still a few of my old co-workers there and their personalities mesh well with most people. It was a very fun experience working there and it was actually sad to leave, only towards the end of my stay were things a bit regretful, but it WAS NOT ALL because of work. I hope any new and/or future hires a fun time just like I did.
Fantastic Pan-Asian Restaurant
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2015
This place was so good to me. They are constantly growing, and constantly looking for new individuals to push their brand! Great place if your looking for fast advancement, competitive pay, and good benefits
Fast paced work environment, great working staff.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 23, 2014
During the week business would be slightly slow paced, although during weekends the clientele would pick up and it became pretty fast paced. The restaurant was small so it would get full during the rush hour on weekends. Coworkers made the job more fun and interesting to go to work. The hardest part of the job would be to inform a customer that what they ordered was not available, however this could be turned around by suggesting another item to the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie among the employees which made the work more enjoyable.
Pros
meal discounts
Cons
bad tips
Fast-Paced Environment
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 6, 2014
The fastest time of the day for this job is during lunch and dinner. During my employment, management was loose and there lacked order and structure with previous shift leaders and managers. I learned food service industry is not for me.
A fun and productive place
Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 7, 2014
the hardest part of the job is that you have to keep focus. One mistake can lead to a lot more.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no benefits, no sick pay
Good place to learn about the food service industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 11, 2012
Really long work hours and hard work. Learned a lot of valuable things about the ups and downs about working in a kitchen, as well as good and bad kitchen habits.
Pros
fast paced, good learning experience
Cons
too many hours, too low pay
Typical Restaurant Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2012
Not a good company to work for. No benefits and no chance of being promoted. Work/ Life balance is OK though.

2.9