Mama Fu's Asian House Employee Reviews

Fun and Enjoyable work but low pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXAugust 11, 2017
The work, and environment was extremely enjoyable. I only had one day I did not enjoy, and on the fault of a rude guest. The pay however was very low as it is a tip based job, and coupled with the fact that it's not the most popular restaurant, the tips were rather shy. A good job for someone who needs some spare cash but not if you need to support yourself or a family.
Pros
fun, good management, not hard
Cons
low pay, potentially low hours
Was a good job but bad management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 10, 2017
Manager got caught selling drugs to eployees, such as meth and heroin. He would take hours off of the week people would work and then add them onto another week.
Fun place to work, great people to work with, always something to do.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2017
The management needs help in organization and inventory, and I rarely see my GM. Other than that it's a great job for hard workers in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No noted breaks unless pulling an open-close
Multi-tasking is a must
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 27, 2017
In any position here you must be fast and efficient while balancing many different tasks. When you have a good team all working in unison it can make the all the difference in how the shift would go. Very fast paced, especially during the lunch service.
Pros
Delicious food, opportunity to move up if you work hard
Cons
Long days usually without much time to catch a breath
fun place to work, friendly staff, fast paced work
take-out/delivery, Cleaning, Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 28, 2017
the employees are very welcoming and helpful to new employees. The management is also very helpful and approachable. The rushes are usually hectic and fast paced, but everyone works together to make it through it.
Pros
good work environment, pays well
Cons
can be demanding at times
They lie to you about what positions they give you and the pay is not good they never pay us the exact amount on our checks and expect us to b ok with
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXApril 30, 2017
I was underappreciated all the time they give more hours to their most unloyal workers and and the workers that really need it they don't care
If you like it I love it I had to BEG for more hours and never got them I was promised so much and they never came thru long story short I'll never work there again
Pros
Lucas is amazing
Cons
They constantly lie
horrible
Kitchen Manager and Cooking (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
pay was good everything else was horrible no one worked together especially the manager he was the worst idk how many times the main people came and mistakes still happened
Pros
nice food
Cons
everything
Real good service
Cashier driver server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2017
Something new that's positive and it's like a fine dining Asian restaurant to go. I like the way things are handled. Awesome food which makes great pay .
Productive and comfortable workplace
Hourly Manager/Driver/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 11, 2017
Mama Fus Asian House on Skinner Rd is one of the few jobs that I don't mind going to. I don't drag myself to work. There is room for advancement and everyone pretty much get along.
Stressful and chaotic workplace.
Cashier/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 31, 2017
Manager very rude and selfish, never understands when life comes up, or sickness, constantly yelling and angry. The schedule was very unorganized and changed every day.
Cons
Bad management, rude co-workers, soup would sit out ALL day.
Great food
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 15, 2017
As a company they have a expectation for the quality of product they serve there customer base and intern expect high quality in there employees and management.
Pros
Half priced food
Cons
Long endless shifts, great coworkers, poor management
team member (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXMarch 7, 2017
The job itself is easy, fun with the right coworkers. management is poor, have been told many times by the MOD that they don't care what we do. ask a simple question the answer was always " i don't care" for instance, we ran out of a sauce, their response, " I don't care" this is the hardest part of the job. dealing with management that does not care. corporate is not very helpful either. they cut hours and expect things to get done promptly and correctly with a daily short staff. this specific store has ran through multiple general managers and is a complete train wreck. I do hear other locations are great and the best work environment, maybe its just this one.
Pros
half off meals, amazing happy hour deal, GREAT coworkers
Cons
management sucks.
Growing Fast
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Super fast growth! The company started of small from a group in Atlanta, Georgia and has grown to include national locations. The growth has led to many able to grow in their profession as well. Very successful so far!
Pros
Great People
Cons
Developing Culture
Fun Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Mama Fu's. It's a very rushed environment when it's busy, but when everyone works together it's very easy and you don't feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Free lunches, make lifetime friends.
Cons
No healthcare, there can sometimes be drama
Fun workplace.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasNovember 21, 2016
Hourly employees should have some incentives or benefits. I had a lot of fun with the other employees making our store the best store.I was able to work in many locations and made a lot of friends. Once a year all the store would get together and do fun team building exercises.
Pros
Felt appreciated
Cons
No benefits or incentives for hourly employees
Current employee, ready to leave.
Certified BOH Trainer, Hourly shift manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 26, 2016
I have been with Mama Fu's for 6 months and have had enough of their unorganized BS. They do not have a training program, and do not have any interest to promote from within.

Almost every store is hurting for qualified managers, but yet they hire unqualified, untrained, idiots that have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Terrible pay and no opportunities for advancement.
Great experience, family oriented
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 27, 2016
Working for Mama Fu's for 4 years was a great experience, I was able to learn so much, not only in the restaurant business, but within myself as well. You learn so much when it comes to serving guests and making their experience enjoyable. For example: You learn how to upsell, how to interact sociably (Keep a conversation going), you learn what their likes and dislikes are. There is so much to be learned.
The most enjoyable part of being an Hourly Manager, was being able to interact with all the guests. Being able to have regulars and knowing exactly what they wanted. Mama Fu's was also a very family oriented place, so there were always children laughing and happy families enjoying their meals.
Cons
Did not include benefits for Full time employees
Great growth opportunity, but no balance to work and personal life
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2016
I definitely learned a lot at Mama Fu's asian house and it has definitely turned me into a much better manager as well as a much better person. The reason i am leaving this company is the balance between your work life and personal life are heavily shifted more towards the work life, and the compensation just is not worth all of the hard work anymore.
Pros
Free lunches, great growth
Cons
Long hours, not so great pay.
Bitter sweet
Cashier/Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
I'm not too sure how the store is doing now, but when I was there last, it was not doing too well. My co-workers were some of the coolest and best people to work with. It was sad for me to leave this job, but when money calls, it's best to get going. From what I know there are still a few of my old co-workers there and their personalities mesh well with most people. It was a very fun experience working there and it was actually sad to leave, only towards the end of my stay were things a bit regretful, but it WAS NOT ALL because of work. I hope any new and/or future hires a fun time just like I did.
Fantastic Pan-Asian Restaurant
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2015
This place was so good to me. They are constantly growing, and constantly looking for new individuals to push their brand! Great place if your looking for fast advancement, competitive pay, and good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mama Fu's Asian House. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7