MaMa Rosa's Employee Reviews

Company doesnt care about its employees
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 29, 2017
I worked sanitation for about a year here. The management blatantly told me we are all replaceable. Opportunity for advancement is slim to none. Very negative work environment. No set hours. You could work 5 hours a night, or 15. No notice is given if extra hours have to be worked. They make you come in at anytime between 5 and 10 pm and leave between 1 am and sometimes 1pm. No chance for a life outside work.
Pros
Max pay after 90 days
Cons
Short lunches, health care that no one accepts
pizza production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 16, 2017
worked in 80-130 degrees room for 10 hours, burn your hands or arms on pans, everything it set really low to hurt your back, get points for getting sick from heat exhaustion.
Pros
discounts on recall pizzas
Cons
getting burned and no benefits
Productive workplace
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OH 45365May 8, 2017
A nice place to work. A fast paced environment, with a lot of responsibilities.Good teamwork between management, but a very high turnover rate for production services.
Pros
I get to interact with and meet new people everyday. Nice empoloyees.
Cons
Stressful
Easy job, friendly co-workers,
Pepperoni operator (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHOctober 30, 2016
Love the job i do, just need somethig with different hours. Also need better business office workers who can keep you up to date on your insurance. People are very friendly.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not many hours
OK job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Sindey ohioOctober 26, 2016
It was a good job to work at but it just wasn't for me the smell of the pizza hitting the floor wasn't good. Didn't know what time you was going to get off work
Great Learning Process
Food Preperation (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 14, 2016
Busy around lunch and dinner. Great hours. Learn to stand on your feet for hours at a time. How to work with others and work on your social skills.
Pros
Easy, teamwork, appreciation
Cons
Dirty, not enough hours, low salary
Enjoyed work, hated not having a life
SAFETY SANITATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 19, 2015
easy work, undetermined end time, we never finished the job at the same time each day and cleaning 1-3 rooms depending on the day made for a very long shift dealing with USDA standards and re-cleaning a room three times while production was waiting to start up.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life for you...
very detailed
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHOctober 6, 2014
I learned how to work with steam pressured water lines and forklifts. the cleaning was very detailed, but the environment wasn't fun to be in.
Work hard and fast, but worked through temporary service, hard to get hired there.
Production/ Sanitation/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Production was packing as fast as you can and keeping up with the line. Housekeeping, I kept restrooms and break rooms clean the entire shift. Sanitation was the hardest job because you cleaned the line rooms and the belts sanitized. Most of the employees were friendly and the best part was getting pizza cheap on rejects. The hardest part was sanitation, the chemicals were harsh and you scrubbed and sprayed continuously.
Pros
Free pizza on wednesday.
Cons
Had to be up extremely early if you worked in the bakery.
Straight forward place to work
Skid Loader (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 4, 2014
Morning set-up then straight into work. Are multiple change overs throughout day, and is fast paced. Learn as you go, and at times, difficult to get information. Supervisors are responsive and usually helpful. Co-workers are level headed and helpful. The speed of the work catches you off guard but it does get better. Personally, the atmosphere was the best part. Supervisors and workers get along well.
Pros
Atmosphere, easy work
Cons
Management has been indecisive, not a lot of opportunity for advancement
steady work
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Typical day was busy
I learned how to operate a forklift and do necessary paperwork with the unloading and loading truck process as well as putting away stock product.
Management could have been better.
Co-workers were friendly and hard working.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the extreme cold in the freezers for long periods of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be operating a piece of machinery.
very fast pace
Facility maint. (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHDecember 19, 2012
Haven't worked here for two years ,they used to show favorites and I hope it has changed.I have been told it has.It is a great training place, I did learn a lot at this place of employment.Co-workers are a great bunch and do their jobs well.Hardest part of the job, keeping up while under staffed.Most enjoyable part of the job is all the diffrent people you meet.
Pros
free pizza every week
Cons
long hours during peak season, short hours off peak season
warehouse
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 14, 2012
load unload trucks and verify paper work on shipments and storage. I learned how to select orders and operate a standup forklilft
Pros
be home every day
Cons
not enough chance to become a hire on employe
good work atmosphere
Bakery Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OhioJune 15, 2012
A typical day involves me ensuring quality of product as well as efficiency and resolving personnel conflicts. I have learned how to operate the vast majority of machinery utilized at Mama Rosa's as well as the entirety of the pizza making process. Management has changed during my 19 years at Mama Rosa's. When I first began working there management was somewhat adversarial but is now much more supportive and does what it can to help the associates be successful at their jobs.

The most difficult part of the job is incorporating any kind of change into the system. This is particularly true of people who have accummulated a large amount of seniority.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interracting with the associates and creating friendships and relationships that are mutually beneficial.
Pros
fairly good benefits
Cons
slow business periods that result in reduced hours of operation