One of our AZ State govt client is looking for a Java JBOSS Admin.
Only Candidates local to phoenix metro will be considered.
Billing Rate : Good
POSITION: Senior Java Developer with Extensive JBOSS Server Administration Experience (version 5.1 and above) on Linux/Windows Environment/Platform (5-7 years)
Description of Duties:
- The position is responsible for maintaining system efficiency, security, availability and performance.
- This position will also perform JBOSS software installation / update patches (if required) and ongoing maintenance and improvements and operations of the servers and ensure that the design of the computer system allows all of the components, including computers, the network, and software, work properly together. Managing property files.
- Installation, configuration troubleshoot and maintenance of JBoss Application Server version 5, 6 and above in a multi-tiered enterprise production/development/QA environment (if required)
- Deploying J2EE applications and code to JBoss, Deployments of EAR, WAR, JAR files
- JVM performance tuning and Java application troubleshooting
- This position will also troubleshoot problems reported by users and other IT functions and make recommendations for future system upgrades.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues (if required).
- Coordinates with appropriate IT personnel to resolve complex network, core business application and server-based problems (JBOSS).
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan
- Supports a variety of applications and processes that depend on the servers, including but not limited to backup, disaster recovery preparedness, directory and time synchronization, remote server management.
- Performs system backups and restores on a regular basis
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Individual to develop / code maintain JAVA based web application using J2EE, JEE 6, Spring 2.0, SQL, CSS, EntireX Broker and JBOSS.
Other Duty Details:
- Will work with architecture, development, and QA teams to configure and administer a large scale, multi-tier JBoss server environment – 30%
- Resolve complex technical issues while developing standard operations code and best practices for the team – 20%
- Develop application software to meet design specs - 20%
- Perform unit, system and integration testing - 20%
- All other duties as assigned (per job description) – 10%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- The primary technologies used are Java, JBOSS, J2EE 6 (CDI) / Spring Framework and SQL databases with focus shifting to CDI and Hibernate. Successful candidate should be familiar with all facets of the software development lifecycle and have experience developing for a JBoss Application Server and maintaining JBOSS Server.
- Candidates must possess an understanding of version control, configuration management, along with Maven and ANT build processes for multi-module applications.
- Candidates with experience writing functional tests using Selenium and knowledge of application security vulnerabilities are desired.
- Candidate must: have excellent communication skills, be capable of mentoring teammates, understand and follow the full lifecycle software development methodology; be experienced in analyzing requirements and translating those requirements into technical system designs and specifications; develop application software to meet design specifications; perform unit, system, and integration testing; develop deployment plans and perform post implementation support. Performs other related duties.
- Must be a team player.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- Experience with JBOSS 5 and above, large scale J2EE deployments, Java programming and Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with working in a UNIX/Linux/Windows based environment (Redhat Linux is preferred).
- Java, JEE 6 (CDI - required), Spring, Hibernate, JBOSS Server, JBDS, JSF, SQL Server 2008, CSS
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems
- Requirements analysis and technical documentation writing
- Test case writing and testing
- Technical architectural skills
- Mentoring teammates when necessary
If interested please reply back with the following ASAP today. Need the following RTR sentence in your reply to submit your resume to the client
'YES - I give Mamidis Inc the right to represent for AZDES - DTS (Job Posting 26356)'
1. Current Immigration status? Citizen / H1 / EAD / Green Card
2. Expected Hourly billing rate corp-to-corp ?
3. Availability to attend personal interview ?
4. Current Location
5. Good number to reach you.