Man Group plc Employee Reviews

Good name on your CV, No Regard for People
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 14, 2017
Management are another story they are very good at managing up and making themselves look good. A very adversarial and bullying culture, any internal issues you may have HR are not up to much.
Pros
Subsidised lunches
Cons
Poor work life balance/ Management culture
Productive and great culture to work in
Control and Review Officer (Former Employee) –  GuernseyMay 3, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Man Group / FRM.

I learned a vast amount during my time there, and was always encouraged and supported to continue my professional studies.

The open-door policy encouraged at Man was great, and made it a very comfortable place to work for everyone.

I am happy to say that I continue to keep in touch with many of my old associates who have become good friends.
My experience at Man Group - multi manager business in London
Fund Of Hedge Funds Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJanuary 9, 2014
I spent three years working for Man Group which is one of the largest fund of hedge funds in the world in their multi manager business. I was in the investment operations division and in the trade execution team for all FOHF trading decisions. My role was essentially a 'Portfolio Managers assistant' whereby all investment decisions made by the portfolio manager then needed to be dealt with by my team.

This meant we needed to ensure all trades were sent out to the market ie the correct custodians and executed accordingly. We then needed to reconcile all trading activity externally to ensure all internal systems were in line with what had been executed in the market.

The hardest part of my job was there was no career progression and as a result I took voluntary redundancy to allow me to look for more exciting opportunities to grow in my career. I did however enjoy the work culture at Man Group despite it being a very negative environment and met some great people whom I learnt through during my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Man Group plc. Our community is ready to answer.