ManTech International Corporation

ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews

Focus on restrictions and punishments.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 28, 2016
In this particular job at ManTech the overarching management focus on the workforce was about what you can't do rather that any kind of praise or rewards. While on duty: no reading, no cell phone, no computer, no chatting, no lunch with other employees, and no recognition for good job performance.
ManTech is a large corporation with thousands of employees but I have only seen my particular contract management as an example for the whole company.
bad culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 31, 2016
verbally abusive boss - although HR got involved, there was no change. if you have any self-respect, don't work here.

they are short-handled, but they are too cheap to hire more people. this results in cutting corners.

bad benefit and compensation. health insurance is joke. pay is even worse joke.

worst decision of my life to come to work at this place
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
bad culture, pay is even worse
Maybe my experience was just an anomoly
Principal Database Architect (Current Employee) –  Telecommute 100%December 30, 2016
ManTech, the Company, is a GREAT company. I have no complaints. However the project I was on was staffed with a PM/Manager that had, literally, ZERO systems development exposure or experience. This caused a lot a problems which resulted in people quitting out of frustration, and the general mood of the project team being far less than optimal. I spoke to many at ManTech and was assured this project was an anomoly. In the end the PM/Manager cost us the contract, thus I am looking for work again.
Pros
Upper Management very friendly and approachable
Cons
Staffing on my project was sub-par.
Great People
Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 13, 2016
Great management who cares about their employees. Team consists of competent and cooperative people. Interesting and challenging work. However like any government contract company, job security is an issue.
Pros
Great Benefits
This company sucks.
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 28, 2016
I've work with this company for about a year or so, and I can honestly say it's the worst company to work for. The only reason why I'm still here is because I haven't found anything else. And I do mean anything else will be better than this. Management do whatever they want with no worries about repercussions from the HR department. Honestly, If you can avoid this company at all cost do it, it's not worth the headache.
Pros
It pay's you on time.
Cons
Neptisisum, under pay, etc.
Medicore company
Senior Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 12, 2016
The company needs major improvements in my opinion. As in most companies, there are sections that are exceptional and others that are medicore. The area I work in has very long hours, lousy systems, grueling month-end processes, and no work/life balance. Upper management is not receptive to any changes/upgrades to improve most things which has been brought to their attention.
Cons
Basically it's a sweatshop working environment
Not Bad
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 14, 2016
No a bad company to work for. Just had bad Management on the project. Project Manager didnt have very good communication with team. Overall company is a great company. Benefits are great.
Large company
Network/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VADecember 28, 2016
As stated in summary, it's a large company where you feel a little bit like a number. This is not a new thing, many of the large contractors are like this. While I was with them, the company was fair to all employees I knew of and paid well with a very good benefits package.
Good company to work, salary is average
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 16, 2016
Worked there for 6 years, HR is helpful to find another job within company but you may have to get a salary reduction. It may take you 5 years to get up to certain salary but if your current contract ends, you may have to take whatever position the company have at that time, including pay cut. Co-workers are great.
fun and productive
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 30, 2016
ManTech was a great company to work for, my job was very laid back and non-stressfull, Management was outstanding and helped in any way possible to help you advance.
Pros
time off
Cons
contractor job
Really Creative Environment
SENIOR DESIGNER/PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 25, 2016
I had worked in the same environment for over 30 years. I was quite pleased there. Mantech had just acquired the contract in June 2015 so I was already there having worked for General Dynamics.
Having previously been management in the the same workspace, I was extremely knowledgable of and took advantage all graphic processes available for me to use.
Continually advancing in various sectors of the technology industry.
Sr. Systems Engineer, Supporting HUD OCIO/HUD SEM (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VANovember 9, 2016
ManTech has been more than accommodating with understanding the need for a work life balance. I don't feel like a robot being ordered around, I'm a person before an employee. Thanks to my wonderful supervisor!
Fun
Mechanical Technician POR, FORT CARSON (Current Employee) –  FortOctober 25, 2016
I enjoyed this position. It offered great benefits along with excellent co-workers. If i could keep my position with this company i most certainly would.
Mantech, Inc. - I learned a lot.
Logistics Tech II/Property Officer (TS/SCI) (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 19, 2016
Mantech is a good company and originally had fantastic benefits and pay. They went through a re-organization which created a difficult change for those who had been there for years but I understand they have reverted to the original organization and things have calmed down.

The contract I worked under was understood to one day revert to government staffing so this was to be a temporary location. I started as someone who would pick up and retrieve assets for upgrades and then return them to the owners. I was promoted into and educated in property and logistics and became the primary Property Officer on the project. This was the best part of the job.

The worst part was the down time after we pushed through the majority of the assets and began slowing down. I am not made to sit still for long and so had to move on when the offer came.
Pros
Company townhalls
Cons
Company townhalls
Productive, Fun, rewarding
Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJanuary 17, 2017
I love the folks at the Belcamp office. There is a lot of room for advancement. They reward good work. They are very flexible and they have an open door policy which is great.
Productive and Rewarding
Shop Lead (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Assist unit with any needed questions and concerns. Management and co-workers are all helpful and good to work with. Hardest part of working is waiting on parts.
ManTech provides training and familiarization of the role you will be performing within their organization. The company has excellent trainers.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  AfhganistanJanuary 10, 2017
The environment is very professional. There are supervisors who support the open door policy so you can communicate with them at any time.
I learned to be flexible and multi-task as a result of working with this excellent company. Your supervisors and peers are all family oriented.
Deployment to hazardous areas is the most challenging. The pay is excellent. I enjoyed being a part of this organization due to their ability to promote.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Deployment to any part of the world
New environment new clients, new life
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  PERU CURACAOMay 12, 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.

It was my firs time working supporting DoD Clients. the exposure and support to different clients at an executive level made this work experience, one to remember for life.
Pros
Excellent level of professionals
Cons
Contract lost to another company
Professional and caring
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDDecember 14, 2016
Every day is business as usual. Great team of people and reliable. This job is located in southern MD, and made a great career for me over the last 10 years.
Good friendly environment
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALMay 25, 2016
I work for ManTech, but I am contracted to the Missile Defense Agency. I have advanced fast within the company. Co workers and management are great.
Pros
networking
Cons
not great medical benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ManTech International Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.