ManTech International Corporation

ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

worse company to work for
logistics (Current Employee) –  MDDecember 30, 2015
No raises and ive been here for years,they took away benefits except for one plan and they were already expensive. Been laid off several times. No advancement,when you move to a different position they say it's a lateral move so they don't give you anymore money. They keep cutting pay,this yr alone lost over$700 a month but don't touch people making a lot more money not doing the work. The security officer sucks with losing people paperwork. The worst company I've worked for they do not take care of employees that do the work
Pros
location I'm at close to home
Cons
pay, benefits, no advancement
****
Personnel Security Specialist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA; Department of DefenseSeptember 23, 2015
A typical workday for me requires being flexible as possible in order to meet customers' expectations. What I have come to appreciate most in my current position is being able to interact with senior level management throughout the Department of Defense. My co-workers are dynamic; as prior military we all understand the concept of teamwork. The hardest part in my current position is that there are not enough hours in a day. With that being said, it is important that I manage my time effectively.

My current compensation and benefits are above par as well as the security of my position; I welcome all opportunities for a chance to advance overall, for example management responsibilities. I currently am able to have a good work/life balance which is important to my family.
Pros
Subsidized travel expense and vacation time
Cons
Sick-time is not seperate; all time away from work is Personal Time
Great Company to work for!
Field Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 31, 2016
I really don't have a lot to say other than I enjoyed being part of a great company. the hardest part of the job was being away from my family for 6 months at a time do to the nature of the contract I was on.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Long hours.
Overseas contract for US Military. Loved this job!
Certified Armor Welder (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 19, 2015
Working with US Military overseas. I absolutely loved this job. As long as you know how to do your job, Mantech will take care of you. Never had a problem with any management, or other employees for that matter. There was always something to do, and people to help. The sky was the limit on what you could accomplish for the military man. Took a lot of creative thinking, and trial and error to accomplish several tasks, but that made me love my job even more.
Pros
EXCELLENT pay and benifits
Cons
5-8 month deployments overseas in an active warzone away from family
Mantech, Inc. - I learned a lot.
Logistics Tech II/Property Officer (TS/SCI) (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 19, 2016
Mantech is a good company and originally had fantastic benefits and pay. They went through a re-organization which created a difficult change for those who had been there for years but I understand they have reverted to the original organization and things have calmed down.

The contract I worked under was understood to one day revert to government staffing so this was to be a temporary location. I started as someone who would pick up and retrieve assets for upgrades and then return them to the owners. I was promoted into and educated in property and logistics and became the primary Property Officer on the project. This was the best part of the job.

The worst part was the down time after we pushed through the majority of the assets and began slowing down. I am not made to sit still for long and so had to move on when the offer came.
Pros
Company townhalls
Cons
Company townhalls
New environment new clients, new life
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  PERU CURACAOMay 12, 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.

It was my firs time working supporting DoD Clients. the exposure and support to different clients at an executive level made this work experience, one to remember for life.
Pros
Excellent level of professionals
Cons
Contract lost to another company
Competitive Contractor
Principal Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Working for the Company is good; Management rating depends on the Divison. Area of the military supporting comsumer and Soldiers is great.
Benefits
Cons
Very intense and productive contract
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 11, 2016
Company is supportive, but as a sub-contractor has little influence to improving conditions. The company does listen, however they are limited to the contract items and I believe this hurts the customer on this particular contract with employee moral for all the companies.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Everything is driven by contract items and not the companies normal environment
The Start!
Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 22, 2015
ManTech was the start of my IT Security career. This position helped me determine my career goals. My colleagues provided a wealth of knowledge on the subject and future. Although, it was challenging being away from my family on weekends. This provided time to study and learn more about the job/field. Management usually wasn't supportive in regards to Departmental concerns. However, has a team we were able to stick together and overcome those obstacles.
Easy Work
Senior Lead Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Very Pro Ethic, Good benefits, good management, ability to travel, descent compensation, opporutunity for training personnel
Review
Special and Personnel Security (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 1, 2016
I like working for this company; great coworkers, pleasant atmosphere. Local management was ok, the had their own way of doing things. The hardest part about my job was finding parking.
Pros
people
Cons
parking
Great Company, however, low pay and job security is low
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MDSeptember 16, 2015
ManTech International is a great company to work for, however the compensation is not that great. Unless you are a Site Lead or even above that, pay is mediocre at best. Job security is not very high because they are contracted by the Government and the contract could go away any day depending on Governemnt spending. There is no room for advancement unless you completely switch to a different program to be a Site Lead or a completely differenet job.
Pros
Great Benefits Packages
Cons
Job security/Pay and Compensation
Productive workplace
PBUSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 25, 2016
Inventoried military equipment and storage for units that were deployed. the hardest part of the job is to maintain the accountability of property such as computers, humvee's, radios and etc.
Pros
benefits were excellent, do not work on weekends
Cons
there were none
A job that made a difference
Computer Operator III (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 17, 2015
Worked in a very rural location. Received and processed raw field data in preparation for customer review. Worked in very close quarters with three other women, maintained a very harmonious work environment. Hardest part of the job was the drive time, a 10 hour shift was really a 12hr shift, as it was a 1hr drive to and from site in a GSA before returning to our personal vehicles to drive another 45mins home. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was contributing to the safety of our men and women overseas.
Pros
Casual-dress work environment, a feeling of importance
Cons
Daily long-distance travel, no break rooms, low job security
Good work life balance
Junior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dupont, WAAugust 22, 2015
This is a good place to work for 2-3 years after college. The employer is conservative on compensation though. The work-life balance is great, it's a true 9-5 work culture.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
might get more relevant to market experience elsewhere
Great company that will help expand your skills
Staff Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 12, 2016
Great company that will give you opportunity to learn new skills. Very different from other jobs as I might not work on the same project every day.Co-workers are very professional and easy to get along with. They always helped me when seeking help. Hardest part of job is getting guidance from managers when trying to complete a task.
Pros
Great Pay, Good Work environment
Cons
overstaffed
Jr. Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Deterick, MDMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyed my time working with ManTech. Good work environment, good team dynamics, great leadership. The benefits are what I would consider normal.
bad culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 31, 2016
verbally abusive boss - although HR got involved, there was no change. if you have any self-respect, don't work here.

they are short-handled, but they are too cheap to hire more people. this results in cutting corners.

bad benefit and compensation. health insurance is joke. pay is even worse joke.

worst decision of my life to come to work at this place
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
bad culture, pay is even worse
Good company wo work for
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMarch 21, 2016
The CEO/Chairman is the best. Business man with concern for employees. Work hard / play hard atmosphere. Room to grow internally.
Great enviroment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2016
I have worked with ManTech since 2007 as a sub-contractor before being hired full time in March 2008. I have had good experiences with the company. The only issues have come from the client and the way they operate in comparison to other contracts. Large number of meetings requested by the client also take away a lot of time to manage and perform necessary tasks.

ManTech International Corporation Reviews by Location