ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews

ManTech is a horrible company to work for.
Systems Administrator Tier II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 27, 2017
ManTech will stab you in the back in a heartbeat. They also lie to you and force you out. This company has a black ball list in there system. If you were removed from a location at no fault of your own, they will terminate you and put you on their black ball list so you won't be hired again. Really! Grow up ManTech! My overall rating would not be a star, it would be a ZERO.
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
Classification Officer (Security Admin Senior) (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 2, 2017
Very progressive work environment. Team setting, time management is key! Minimal growth. Hardest part is the inconsistency in contract officers. The most enjoyable part is the people I meet and concepts I have learned along the way
****
Personnel Security Specialist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA; Department of DefenseSeptember 23, 2015
A typical workday for me requires being flexible as possible in order to meet customers' expectations. What I have come to appreciate most in my current position is being able to interact with senior level management throughout the Department of Defense. My co-workers are dynamic; as prior military we all understand the concept of teamwork. The hardest part in my current position is that there are not enough hours in a day. With that being said, it is important that I manage my time effectively.

My current compensation and benefits are above par as well as the security of my position; I welcome all opportunities for a chance to advance overall, for example management responsibilities. I currently am able to have a good work/life balance which is important to my family.
Pros
Subsidized travel expense and vacation time
Cons
Sick-time is not seperate; all time away from work is Personal Time
Very intense and productive contract
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 11, 2016
Company is supportive, but as a sub-contractor has little influence to improving conditions. The company does listen, however they are limited to the contract items and I believe this hurts the customer on this particular contract with employee moral for all the companies.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Everything is driven by contract items and not the companies normal environment
fun and productive
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 30, 2016
ManTech was a great company to work for, my job was very laid back and non-stressfull, Management was outstanding and helped in any way possible to help you advance.
Pros
time off
Cons
contractor job
Productive, Fun, rewarding
Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJanuary 17, 2017
I love the folks at the Belcamp office. There is a lot of room for advancement. They reward good work. They are very flexible and they have an open door policy which is great.
Medicore company
Senior Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 12, 2016
The company needs major improvements in my opinion. As in most companies, there are sections that are exceptional and others that are medicore. The area I work in has very long hours, lousy systems, grueling month-end processes, and no work/life balance. Upper management is not receptive to any changes/upgrades to improve most things which has been brought to their attention.
Cons
Basically it's a sweatshop working environment
Productive workplace
PBUSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 25, 2016
Inventoried military equipment and storage for units that were deployed. the hardest part of the job is to maintain the accountability of property such as computers, humvee's, radios and etc.
Pros
benefits were excellent, do not work on weekends
Cons
there were none
lessons learned
Business intelligence and Jr. Project Management (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 6, 2016
overall a good company but needs some management restructure. There are to many managers or those wanting to be managers and not enough worker bees. They lack the communication skills required to effectively run a large business.
Professional and caring
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDDecember 14, 2016
Every day is business as usual. Great team of people and reliable. This job is located in southern MD, and made a great career for me over the last 10 years.
Productive and Rewarding
Shop Lead (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJanuary 18, 2017
Assist unit with any needed questions and concerns. Management and co-workers are all helpful and good to work with. Hardest part of working is waiting on parts.
Really Creative Environment
SENIOR DESIGNER/PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 25, 2016
I had worked in the same environment for over 30 years. I was quite pleased there. Mantech had just acquired the contract in June 2015 so I was already there having worked for General Dynamics.
Having previously been management in the the same workspace, I was extremely knowledgable of and took advantage all graphic processes available for me to use.
Great Company as well as the personnel that I worked for and the men and women that worked for me.
Readness Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 18, 2016
I had the privilege of supervising and training the people that worked for me. It was an honor to take responsibility of units equipment while they were deployed. Once they returned from deployment, there equipment was reissued and ready for them to operate and train with no operational issues.
Great company to work for
Hardware Engineer, Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day consists of receiving a cable chart, measuring cable lengths, retrieving cable or ordering cable, uploading cable chart with lengths and labels to SharePoint, temping and labeling cable and then running the cable neatly from cabinet to cabinet.
Pros
Not being stuck at a desk
Cons
Physically demanding for some
Overseas contract for US Military. Loved this job!
Certified Armor Welder (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 19, 2015
Working with US Military overseas. I absolutely loved this job. As long as you know how to do your job, Mantech will take care of you. Never had a problem with any management, or other employees for that matter. There was always something to do, and people to help. The sky was the limit on what you could accomplish for the military man. Took a lot of creative thinking, and trial and error to accomplish several tasks, but that made me love my job even more.
Pros
EXCELLENT pay and benifits
Cons
5-8 month deployments overseas in an active warzone away from family
Strong stressful work enviroment
Systems Integration Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 9, 2017
Working at Mantech was more like working for three different leadership methods, though all were good as they apply to the hole, they did not work as a plan for the final product. there was a lack of communications between Myself and the 'team leader', that created a hostel work environment.
Good company to work for
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALSeptember 21, 2016
It's a good company to work for. Easy work and you learn a lot. A bit boring but it pays well. The supervisors are pretty cool.
Pros
Good pay, good supervisors, lots of hours
Cons
Boring
Great Company, however, low pay and job security is low
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MDSeptember 16, 2015
ManTech International is a great company to work for, however the compensation is not that great. Unless you are a Site Lead or even above that, pay is mediocre at best. Job security is not very high because they are contracted by the Government and the contract could go away any day depending on Governemnt spending. There is no room for advancement unless you completely switch to a different program to be a Site Lead or a completely differenet job.
Pros
Great Benefits Packages
Cons
Job security/Pay and Compensation
Jr. Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Deterick, MDMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyed my time working with ManTech. Good work environment, good team dynamics, great leadership. The benefits are what I would consider normal.
You get out what you put in
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KAFDecember 27, 2016
You get out what you put in on this job. The times are tuff and the rewards are breathtaking when your job is done. Working for the military oversees is very rewarding and an experience I will never forget.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ManTech International Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

ManTech International Corporation Reviews by Location