ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews

Mantech is not newtec
Engineer Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZNovember 10, 2015
BAE, Tracor, Marconi and NewTec were the best contractors to work for. EPG needs another subcontractor to bid on the contact because the same people hold the same jobs and only friends or family get in. To bad because we have good military personnel that need jobs, have the latest and greatest training, education, field experience and vitality to apply. Unfortunately the current HR lead only hires friends or family members and that is a personal choice rather than a clearly compatible choice based on skill and ability. Some of these individuals are too old to even stay awake during testing, others are too lazy and just show up regularly, still others have no desire to do things differently than the last 20 years. Rusty ole coots.
Pros
Good Pay but you can't buy honor, integrity and respect
Cons
Lack of new blood
Great management. Awesome company
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Excellent job security. Only regret is that I had to move back to Missouri. Would highly recommend employment.
Flexible work hours and Nice management
Windows Server and Citrix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 7, 2015
A challenge place to work and nice management.
People are nice to work with. Always a chance to learn new stuff.
Sometimes it is frustrating when people all come to you and look for help.
Diverse and cultured environment
GSCC Opertor/Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 2, 2015
My work is very easy going at times, other days can be busy, communication is the key in the work place. great co-workers, this job can be very complex at times, but most of all love break time.
Great company!
IT Analyst III, Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Homestead, GANovember 2, 2015
So far they are great, they even help you with college courses tuition. They bought my other company out so they are here to stay for sure. Great medical benefits also!
Pros
Work from home, virtual work
Cons
Takes a while to get Tuition help.
Fun place to work at
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 29, 2015
Needs help with Management, but fun working with the personnel. Great place to work at. Close location. Great beginner job.
very productive work place
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 24, 2015
cost analyst for contract position to provide support for the Accounting and Contract departments for the 1998 fiscal year Time and Material cost submission for DCAA final review of contract rates.
Cons
short job duration, no benefits
Cooworkers are great
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 23, 2015
My coworkers are very helpful and care about each other. There can be lulls in the work required but work is rewarding. Supervisor is laid back but cares about the mission.
The Start!
Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 22, 2015
ManTech was the start of my IT Security career. This position helped me determine my career goals. My colleagues provided a wealth of knowledge on the subject and future. Although, it was challenging being away from my family on weekends. This provided time to study and learn more about the job/field. Management usually wasn't supportive in regards to Departmental concerns. However, has a team we were able to stick together and overcome those obstacles.
Overseas contract for US Military. Loved this job!
Certified Armor Welder (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 19, 2015
Working with US Military overseas. I absolutely loved this job. As long as you know how to do your job, Mantech will take care of you. Never had a problem with any management, or other employees for that matter. There was always something to do, and people to help. The sky was the limit on what you could accomplish for the military man. Took a lot of creative thinking, and trial and error to accomplish several tasks, but that made me love my job even more.
Pros
EXCELLENT pay and benifits
Cons
5-8 month deployments overseas in an active warzone away from family
Experience
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 19, 2015
Long work hours does not allow for professional development. Management is focused on getting the job done rather than accepting employee suggestions for process improvement.
this place was nice to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
this was a good career move i just personally outgrew it really fast because of the contract that i was on. i have nothing bad to say about the company
Job
Senior Field Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 2, 2015
Great job, great location help Soldiers with equipment is awesome. Spend time learning newest Army equipment. Job is great if you want to know about servers and computers, must have Field Artillery Knowledge.
Productive and supportive workplace
Technical Trainer / Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDOctober 1, 2015
Supportive workplace and management, not a lot of red tape, very helpful if you job was in jeopardy of coming to an end. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and learning from them and the different opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
All supportive of their employees
Cons
Manangement not very interactive with employees
****
Personnel Security Specialist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA; Department of DefenseSeptember 23, 2015
A typical workday for me requires being flexible as possible in order to meet customers' expectations. What I have come to appreciate most in my current position is being able to interact with senior level management throughout the Department of Defense. My co-workers are dynamic; as prior military we all understand the concept of teamwork. The hardest part in my current position is that there are not enough hours in a day. With that being said, it is important that I manage my time effectively.

My current compensation and benefits are above par as well as the security of my position; I welcome all opportunities for a chance to advance overall, for example management responsibilities. I currently am able to have a good work/life balance which is important to my family.
Pros
Subsidized travel expense and vacation time
Cons
Sick-time is not seperate; all time away from work is Personal Time
Great company to work for.
NMCI COORDINATOR/DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDSeptember 23, 2015
ManTech has been a great company to work for. My managers and co-workers are wonderful. Everyone is very easy to along with which makes the working enviroment very good.
Great Company
(SOCOM) LOGISTIC ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan Shindand AirForce BaseSeptember 17, 2015
I was the logistics analyst SOCOM project. I was in responsible for the procurement of equipment and contracts. I had great management and was support by my team in every way.
Great Company, however, low pay and job security is low
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MDSeptember 16, 2015
ManTech International is a great company to work for, however the compensation is not that great. Unless you are a Site Lead or even above that, pay is mediocre at best. Job security is not very high because they are contracted by the Government and the contract could go away any day depending on Governemnt spending. There is no room for advancement unless you completely switch to a different program to be a Site Lead or a completely differenet job.
Pros
Great Benefits Packages
Cons
Job security/Pay and Compensation
The Company
Program Financial Analyst, Staff (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 12, 2015
A good work environment and great benefits. Management was supportive in furthering my education and the company offered tuition assistances.
Hard Charging
Senior Information System Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 9, 2015
This is the place to work if you love a challenge and enjoy working hard. It is a pretty serious environment, but the management loves to help people grow and supports them in their decisions.