ManTech International Corporation

ManTech International Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Manager
Analyst (Former Employee), VAApril 24, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: n/a
ManTech has grown so much as a corporation. They seemed competitive in rates and salary and the management was great.
Fun but productive Managers/employee
Property Manager (Former Employee), Camp Salerno AfghanistanApril 23, 2014
Pros: schedule was flexible
Cons: danger zone
A typical dat at work for me is: Arriving to work 15 minutes prior to shift, determine what is the task for that day. What I have learned in logistics field is dealing with a variety of People's personality and adapting to it. In management I normally start with a 10 minutes meeting with my crew to make sure everyone is on the same page for that day – more... and to interact with the workers and build cohesion.My workers are my best tool of learning about my job, co-workers helped each other out, they may not certain things that I don't know and vice versa i can helped them with my knowledge. The hardest part of my job was. There was nothing very difficult about my last job, i work in Afghanistan to supper the troops and we all had to get along in order to complete the mission. The most enjoyable part of my job was exceeding the task/expectation that i have set for that day/week. – less
Great company, good onsite support.
Senior Physical Security Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 23, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: position is being eliminated.
Challenging, matrix organization staffed with very good people to work with.. Numerous companies and military represented on iste, all get along very well.
Work summary
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 21, 2014
Pros: room land board, tax exempt income, bonus every 6 months and vacation every 6 months if desired
Cons: 7 day week 12 hour day with no time off unless you go home for vacation, and limited shoping
This review is not difficult to summarize because this is in the support of the military in order that they may perform their mission in Afghanistan. The work day begins at 7 A.M. and ends at 7 P.M, What I have learned from being deployed with this company is that you get to appreciate the sacrifice that the soldier makes for us that are civilian and – more... that is something that I will always cherish. While some of my co-corkers are younger than I am they are continuing to learn as I am about this kind of surroundings. The hardest part of this job is that you are away from home for to long (we can go home twice a year but at 6 month intervals but not to interfere with the mission) The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the soldier return safely to base from a mission and to know that the vehicles that I maintain did not suffer any breakdown and risk the soldier's life on the side of the road. – less
New SOC Meta - Not for me
Staff CSIRT Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 18, 2014
Just not the standard SOC environment. Poor management provided no guidance and was unfair rude to employees.
Fun team and management was awesome
Electronic Technician/System Test Writer-Developer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: great team, learning experience
Cons: low pay, work relied on being away from home
I was not a full time employee so I did not receive full benefits. The direct management was awesome.
Mantech
Director, Business Development (Current Employee), herndon, vaApril 13, 2014
Job work /life balance below average
Job security poor
Job Advancement none
MRAP vehicle repair
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanApril 12, 2014
I was often requested to work outside my pay grade for extended periods of time without proper monetary compensation. Most of the benefits that were promised me when I signed on were removed when I got on station in Afghanistan to include 401k benefits, vacation and sick days, financial compensation for transportation to and from the continental home – more... of record. – less
Consistent work but needs Managent
Engineer tech 2 (Current Employee), Ft. Hauchuca AZApril 7, 2014
Days can be boring and can be very long. Ive learned old and new military radios. Management could be better and co-workers are very professional , as well as fun. Hardest part of the job is the days we are not in active testing. Days are boring. I enjoy the learning of new radios and of course, getting paid.
Big Company with a Small Company Feel
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 1, 2014
Pros: commute
Cons: a lot of work due to a small benefits department
I've enjoyed my time at ManTech. A typical day is very fast paced and never boring. I learned the majority of what I know about Employee Benefit Plans while in my role as Benefits Analyst. I can honestly say that I have the best boss I've ever had in Corporate Benefits at ManTech and I love the rest of our team as well. The hardest part of the job is – more... dealing with the errors from other departments that usually end in more work for our department. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping HR Business Partners and employees. – less
Excellent Employee Compensation and rewarding experience assisting our military overseas
Q/A Inspector / Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Leatherneck, Helmund Province, AfghanistanMarch 31, 2014
Pros: housing and meals provided, excellent compensation
Cons: r&r's were given only every 6 months and inconsistancies in staffing, sometimes overstaffed, sometimes understaffed
A typical day and week was 12 hours/7 days a week. As a Quality Assurance Inspector and Heavy Equipment Mechanic I lead the morning staff meetings, maintained initial, in progress, and completed final inspections of Military vehicles. Directed mechanics to ensure repairs were made in accordance with the appropriate safety standards, and assisted and – more... them when needed in performing repairs.
I was trained and certified in the latest military vehicle equipment produced and utilized in the field. Mainly as a MRAP, MRAP-U, Buffalo and Husky Mechanic. I also added to and gained more experience in situational leadership skills.
My co-workers were from a variety of backgrounds and experience and provided a necessary balance and often comic relief to the often tedious day in and day out existence that is life on a military base in a war zone.
The hardest part of the job was being so far away for months at a time from my wife and family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the upside to the hard part, which was being able to provide very well for my family, knowing this was not a long-term situation, but a means to an end in bettering our financial situation both while gone and when my contract was completed. – less
Scared of their own shadow
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 25, 2014
Cons: politics
Too worried about law suits from former employees. Contradictory management and lack of communications. Very :siloed" organization.
Fun to fly
Training Developer/Technical Writer (Former Employee), Hinton, WVMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flight simulator time
Cons: work schedule
Had fun with working on flight simulators. Job involved maintaining flight simulators. Including pre-flight and test flights.
Great Place to work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 24, 2014
ManTech on contract to DIA, Managers are exceptional and take care of their people. Work hours are flexible
No Guaranty on overseas jobs
Contractor/MRAP & RCV Mechanic (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good money while it last
Cons: no job security
They reel you in with lots of promise, and after you make it to Afghanistan. It's very different. You can loose your job for no good reason at all. They promise years of employment. They are actually downsizing.
IT Line Manager, Project Manager, and Engineer (Current Employee), Springfield, VAMarch 23, 2014
Other than compensation, working for ManTech has been excellent. They have always taken care of me, even when my contract has run out.
Supply Room Help
PAAT Team (Former Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAMarch 18, 2014
Worked with different supply sergeants in the military. Helping them learn the right way to do stuff they were struggling with. Answered all their questions they had and came up with a good plan that would work for them to become more organized and better use of their time.
Network Operation Center
Network Administrator, Senior (Current Employee), Stafford, VAMarch 18, 2014
Shift based schedule. I work as part of a team that administrates multiple networks and we are 24/7 operation. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, but you get more days off. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished when you've provided good service to the users and they express their gratitude.
It is what it is
Management Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXMarch 18, 2014
ManTech is a company that does not make promises and will let you know where you stand.
great opportunity for traveling and learning new things
Contractor/MRAP Mechanic Technician (Former Employee), AfaganstanMarch 16, 2014
I liked working for Mantech Int. the work was great and the people were great.