Management & Training Corporation Employee Reviews

Na
Training Director/Department Head (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Management & Training Corporation. The job was great and our worked days were fun. The benefits were okay, but could have been better if more was offered.
Pros
Great work environment
Benefits
Bought my kids new shoes. Paychecks ontime.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Astoria, OROctober 16, 2017
I like the company. I like the idea of helping youth. I just think there are too many people out there throwing arrows against any government program right now. Nope, I bailed...I liked the idea I was helping kids, helping our country but looking back, I have to start to care of myself first. No pensions, no severance, just an honest dollar for an honest days work. There are better deals out there for the talented manager
Pros
Goal orientated.
Cons
not many
Awesome place to gain experience in LE
Manager (Current Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 7, 2017
MTC is really focused on the development of its people and its facilitie's communities. Some stress, as it is in all LE work. Constantly changing environment. Tight knit culture.
Could do better!
Accountant/Accounting supervisor (Current Employee) –  Devens, MASeptember 27, 2017
Nice people, but management needs to have a strategic plan on how the center should move forward. Being a contracted company under anther contractor - call it a subcontractor, they need to focus on how they can match the same benefits the contractor offers to its workers.

Like with any subcontractor, your job security is at its lowest. Once the subcontractor loses its contract, your job can come to an end. Human Resources has less communication with the employees, and I think this is due to less experience within that department.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
Subcontractor - less job security
Great leadership, all employees are team players
(MTC) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Great leadership, all employees are team players and concerned for the safety and security of there inmates at all times, medical staff was always their when needed and Administration.
Pros
Great place you to work all team players
Do Not Work Here!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTSeptember 20, 2017
Horrible upper management. Almost everybody hates being there and they take it out on each other. They also blame everybody else for anything. They love to gossip and talk behind peoples backs. Don't expect to advance anywhere no matter how good you are at your job.
Pros
5:00pm, Saturday's and Sundays
Cons
Mon-Fri
Excellent opportunity to learn to teach
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXSeptember 18, 2017
This job is not for everyone. The hours are not flexible and dedication to the work is a must. There is great opportunity to teach, counsel, and encourage those who are struggling with addiction and mental illness.
A Private Prison
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Diboll, TXAugust 28, 2017
Management and Training is a private prison company. I enjoyed working there as I learned a great deal while I was there. I became a Sergeant in 3 years. I was able to help the staff and offenders with the day to day running of the facility. By being structured, the time at work went quickly and easily. The hardest part of the job was making sure that everyone from staff to offenders was safe and secure.
Pros
Close to home
mediocre
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinatti, OHAugust 28, 2017
it was interesting and I gained a lot of experience. on top of that the staff were kind and well organized. the people you had to associate with, however, were not.
Blah
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLAugust 18, 2017
Too much overtime very overwhelming and higher up staff is rude could be a great job for someone just starting off but if you're looking for a career go thru the state
Does not recommend- wind river job corps
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJuly 15, 2017
Has the potential to be a great place to work, if not for the shady management.
Ethics are questionable, if you stand up for what's right you are likely to lose your job.
Very difficult morale to work with.
Pros
Salary
Cons
This is a short summary of what I did at MTC.
Server/Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYJuly 9, 2017
I would start my day at 11:30 a.m. by prepping the food that I would be serving for that day. Then at 12:00 p.m. faculty and students would come in for lunch. I had the opportunity to learn about proper food preparation and storage. Also how to work with a team to complete the job. Management was very organized and serious when it came to food safety.

The workplace had a very upbeat tempo and everyone would always work as team to be successful.
The most difficult task at work would be serving seeing that many people can be very indecisive when ordering.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the compliments that I received for doing an excellent job serving.
Pros
Friendly working enviroment, great food, productive management
Cons
The guest were sometimes picky and difficult
Easiest job in the world made to be the hardest
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLJune 23, 2017
I worked at Gadsden C.I. for 6 years 3 of which i was in a supervisory position. This place has absolutely no structure, the management is clearly at fault. You know its bad when in less then 5 years you had 2 different wardens, 3 different assistant wardens,, 3 different investigators, 3 different chiefs of security and countless correctional officers. Promotions are a joke and never given to the most deserving individuals. All the correctional officers have very little knowledge of their job duties mostly from being uneducated or young fresh out the academy. The actual work is so easy but made so hard by the fact that there is no backing from management or the lieutenants. The lieutenants are all undeserving of their positions and are liars and cut throat. Staff will get fired for the wrong reasons and management will do it with a smile on their face. The turn over rate is insane and the funny part is that instead of keeping your good workers they rather rehire the ones who quit on them. Inmates are more honest then staff. Officers having inappropriate relationships with inmates are still employed while others who work hard are terminated for no reason. The facility is so under staffed that you have to work a mandatory 32 hours of overtime, this place does not care if you have a family or not, while others get to go home with no repercussions.
Pros
Theres money to be made but not always by choice
Cons
Management, supervisors, no honesty or integrity
Very different environment. You had to stay on your toes.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed, more or less, my time at MTC. My crew of prisoners we're very good and I had no problems with them. It was the co-workers and some of the middle management that were hard to get along with. I used my knowledge of food and inventory control from my military job. As with every job I learned and grew professionally.
Pros
I worked overnights so I wasn't involved with the everyday things going on during the day.
Cons
Very short tempered guards and officers. A young group of fellow guards so inexperience abounded.
Great place to work, one of the better private prison companies
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, AZJune 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working for MTC. I really enjoyed their business model which was believe it or not I care. I felt that they were very knowledgeable and would love an opportunity to work with them again.
Pros
Free Turkey
Cons
Great if you love working with at-risk youth!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Job Corps contracts expire. Because of this, job security as at a minimum. The pay is also not commensurate with the amount of work, long hours and little time to spend with your family. There is a lot of government required training but little to no job training. The students are very disrespectful to the staff and the management does not hold the students accountable. This review is only for the company's Chicago location. I can't speak for the other locations.
Pros
Lunch in the cafeteria is $2.50
Not a place you would want to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 8, 2017
The turnover rate is high I hear. I feel completely bamboozled. I could of stayed at my previous job. I hear within the last month 5 people resigned and there are more in the works. It's not a surprise, The supervisors of each department feel untouchable and are rude. Good luck here if you work here. Just know you may want to be seeking other employment in the meantime.
Pros
Very understanding on personal family events that may cause you not to be able to come in.
Cons
Almost every aspect of the job
Not a Good Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 2, 2017
I was employed at the Job Corps in Minnesota. Much staff turnover after MTC took over. Was discharged after 5 months in the position. Never had a supervisory meeting with my boss. The termination came out of the blue. Be prepared for back biting from your colleagues and a supervisor literally hollers at you. Not a good situation.
Pros
Free lunch if you are a cafeteria monitor
Cons
Not a good environment
Okay place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 30, 2017
Pay sucks. 11.50 and hour to deal with idiot people. Students can be okay most of the time. But management is a joke. HR doesn't do their job. Instead of firing people who shouldn't work there, they give them a different job.
Pros
Get to walk around. Benefits.
Cons
Idiot management. Idiot coworkers.
I like to be around kids because i love make people halppy
Footlocker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2017
A typical day at work for me is a energetic feeling for some teen like like to tavel and explore new thing but but when it all come down to the children we as counselors have to work together and make the new generation successful in the better way.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shortbreaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Management & Training Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6