Management & Training Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Mtc.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 21, 2016
MTC is a very nice place to work. The administration staff is outstanding, including some of the captains, lieutenants, and sergeants. The overtime there is like no other in the world. You can be required to work multiple 16 hour shifts in a row, and receive no break in-between. The people you work with will soon become like family.
Horrible!!! please seek another job
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXJuly 15, 2016
The warden is rude and does not care about the employees.

Rank is after the c/o's

Drama and hostile work environment
Sgt tried to fight a c/o
The Sargent walks around the facility with a camera to catch you in the wrong and to get you fired instead of proper training
Pros
Cons
over worked little pay
Wind River Job Corps
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJuly 14, 2016
Poor management. They let the students run the place . They let students get arrested smoke dope and come back drunk. Then give them their bonuses for graduating without proper completion of the program. Management reprimands the staff but not students. Countess infractions according to DOL standards. Pay is substandard for the work.
Unhealthy work environment (One star is too many)
Cognitive Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Childress, TXMarch 31, 2016
Worst administration I have ever worked for in my life. Horrible communication no integrity or morals, although that is what they insist on and stress through orientation.

The company supposedly reflects the acronym BIONIC (believe it or not I care)...I don't believe it. The office staff talked to and about the offenders like they were less than nothing... Not a caring word did I hear. The program director was never available when I needed guidance or had a grienence to discuss. She communicated through text message on occasion with neglegable response to my concerns.

There was a complete disregard for integrity and support in ensuring offenders get to class. For the first couple weeks offenders were asked to sign rosters from previous weeks so MTC would get paid even though the offenderd didn't show up for class. The offenders training was second to getting paid and 'fulfilling the contract'.

The work environment was environmentally unsafe, mold on the walls, sewage overflowed and flooded the entire building. The cleanup consisted of pushing the sewage out into the parking lot and mold was painted over...STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Working with marginalized citizens to help them overcome bad choices
Cons
Everything else... Poor management all they wa y up to regional admin, poor or lack of communications skills, it's all about the contract, not the employees and offenders...lack of integrity filling out reports
Only for push overs
Concerned (Current Employee) –  Maui, HIMarch 27, 2016
Lots of flaws, from defrauding the DOL to lowing to their staff. Numbers are never met but they magically do when needed. Staff who have departed were the saving grace for the "Maui Job Corps" but they tried to stick in there for the trainees but it was just the right move these individuals.
Pros
Uncle Doug
Worst Management Ever
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Venus, TXSeptember 24, 2015
The other officers and the inmates were not a problem... The ranking officers talk/treat you like you're an inmate, force you to stay over and play favorites. This place wouldn't have such a high turnover rate if the ranking officers would learn that we are all on the same team.
Pros
All the overtime you can handle
Cons
How the ranking officers treat you.
Is there something less than one star?
case manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiAugust 25, 2015
This was the worst place I have ever worked. Management treats staff like they are inmates. The inmates run the prison. The pay is really low but they continue to pile work on you as if you don't already have enough to do. You get more respect from the inmates than management. I was hollered at by my direct supervisor for asking a question about an inmate's care. Don't work here! I wish I could get those months back!
Pros
I liked my co-workers
Cons
very low pay, incompetent management
Not for anyone who may be outspoken
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FlAugust 16, 2015
This company is based out of Utah and clearly has no idea of how Florida deals with their inmate population. Its like they just came to legislation, gave them a bunch of false promises as to how they can do it cheaper than the STATE System for the Department of Corrections. The turn over rate of Officers is very high and the morale is steadily declining. Promotions are given based on who you know, or if you are just a "YES MAN/WOMAN" that can be easily manipulated if you didn't know any better. Some days are easy sailing, while others can get out of hand and things get handled in the most unprofessional way. They offer a great deal of programs for the inmates, but can't even give a decent raise to staff, or even motivate/compliment staff. Its Lts against Sgts....Sgts against Sgts....Sgts against CO'S....Unit Mangers against Case Managers...etc etc. Some are just soooo gullible and will listen to whatever an INMATE has to say (more than likely a lie) and will hold grudges against whomever. This is truly a place that needs to be reconstructed from Head to Toe! You pretty much are guaranteed 32 hours of OT every pay period for various reasons: 1. Staff shortage 2. To get them before they get you 3. Some supervisor playing dirty games, Etc etc. They are bound for lawsuit after lawsuit in my honest opinion. If you do decide to come to MTC-Gadsden Correctional Facility, politely stand your ground, and keep documentation of everything! Its not about what you do, it's how you do it, and handle business accordingly!
Pros
Overtime (if you like an easy paycheck)
Cons
No structure, management can't manage, inmates are just out of hand.
MTC has many unadvertised perks
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2015
MTC is a great company because of the total benefit package. However, each MTC workplace culture varies based upon the management of the location. The Management team at Potomac Job Corps Center was unorganized, unfair, biased, and without vision or focus.
Pros
Discounted lunch, free gym, free parking, great insurance benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Horrible place to work. Management needs to be fired asap.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Gadsden . MTC...QUINCY FLORIDAAugust 9, 2015
Thus place is managed by a group if people that have no clue what is going on in their own camp. You can't be promoted unless you sleeping with the chief of security or related to him. He has single handedly destroyed a good place to work and the warden is clueless. Turn over rate is extremely high and those that are left to work are working 32 hours overtime per week on top of the regular 40 hour work week. They do not care about the staff but only care about the money being made from housing the inmates. They don't care about rehabilitating the inmates...only keeping them inside the fence.only thing the correctional officers need to do is show up.. That is it...just leave the inmates alone. Trust me the place is run amuck.... No structure...no accountability... Just nincompoops running the place.
Pros
Good money to be made
Cons
Dangerous job...no management and long work hours
A typical day at work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos TexasAugust 5, 2015
Management and Training Corporation is not a great place to work. I was not allowed to take a lunch even though I was schedual for a nine hour shift, in addition as I would police the students, I can afoul with upper management. It mostly seemed, that I had to be a security officer without providing security.
Great company to work for..
Management Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 14, 2015
Great company to work for, employment is secure and advancement is based on merit and performance. work benefits are ok, education benefits are not the best..
Great company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTMay 29, 2015
I learned a great deal while working with this company. Great environment. Lots of team building experiences. Very nice co-workers and amazing supervisors.
Unfriendly place to work
Mental health counselor (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, ArizonaApril 23, 2015
The medical staff fought among themselves and so did the upper management ( wardens) on the different yards. Security hated medical and vice versa. Very dysfunctional.
Pros
It was s job.
Cons
Disrespect, filthy language, gossip, low pay and lack of accountability
I have never been treated so harshly
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 3, 2015
my first week there they did not even have the computer I needed to do the job. I got reprimanded for that. There was no training at all. The site director was doing things against department of labor regulations, but they LF everyone not to tell corporate. We were constantly reprimanded for kids having flaws, yet the culture was one that allowed cursing, fighting and no training. The last straw was when a corporate rep (who did not even know my name) preceded to berate me for not asking questions when that was all I did. Then the site director and rep proceeded to scream at me and the accuse me of yelling. They didn't want me and made it very obvious. RUN from this position
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
everything else
new work place
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Calexico, CAMarch 25, 2015
Its a different environment to work with and get use to. Must work as a team and depend on each other when there is a need for it. Must develop an ability to multitask when working.
Pros
good pay job
Cons
short staff
Management no better than the inmates they house!
Accounting clerk. Payroll. (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMarch 14, 2015
Advertise for accounting jobs but it's really for a inmate store/commissary cashier. They misrepresent the positions that they offer in order to fill the spots. They are always understaffed and have a difficult time keeping anyone there for ant length of time. The turnover rate is enormous.
Unprofessional management skills. Employees fight with each other over fear of loosing their jobs and there is no teamwork.
There is no communication between the employees and when something goes down on the yard most employees are kept in the dark with no information. Misrepresentation seems to be status quo for this company.
Cons
everyone inside the fence.
Do not go to work here!!!
Correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 16, 2015
This place is a mess. They will sell it as a great place to work, but it's not. They're so short handed that the HR won't fire anyone. They get fined by the state for every open officer vacancy they have. The turn over is crazy. People quit in training it's so bad. 14 people start in training and 5-6 stay, the rest quit. This is the place that people come to work at because even a cheap security company won't hire them. People get written up for the same stuff day after day and nothing happens. It's a TDCJ contract prison. The employees are just as bad as the inmates. There's one good supervisor here but ain't nothing going to happen to anyone. People call in saying they aren't coming to work or don't call in at all for days and nothing happens. They don't show up and it's okay to do that I guess. You can go to work at the real prison and make more money than this place.
Most of the employees are thugs and some even know the inmates from the neighborhood. They can't keep anyone here and the training is a joke. Basically you read the books on your own while the teacher talks to her friends all day. Why do you think they are constantly hiring supervisors from the outside? Because nobody there is capable of doing the job as a supervisor. Some of the stuff that goes on here is literally criminal. The stuff these people do would get you arrested in a real state prison...here, they just quietly suspend you and let you come back to work.
Pros
tons of overtime if you want it.
Cons
everything! poor employees, poor admin staff, thugs working here.
Made some good friends place was a mess though treatments hadn't been done in months, poor ignorant management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Marion, ohioFebruary 11, 2015
I worked there and worked my butt off had a good job and got my job up to where it needed to be one day as I'm doing pill call a CO comes to the window screaming at me in front of a packed room of inmates stating I said lies that weren't true because another nurse said I did when I confronted both of them it was a quote misunderstanding I went to the major and Warden and explained how upset and unprofessional that was and the very next day my boss Dixon DON allowed me to work all day long then at the end of the day took me to HR And said treatments weren't being done n they were letting me go when it was pure retaliation because at my new job they put I was a great worker AND eligible for rehire and that I resigned when I was fired! How can u be a great worker and get fired? Make a long story short I've Notified the EEOC into this matter also it's a private prison no state pay or benefits nobody will back U up just allow u to be bullied and harrassed! Sadly the inmates were nicer than management! In 3 years the place went thru 7 health care administrators if that doesn't speak volumes idk what does! Horrible place to work would be great if new management was there I loved my job but management was snakes!
Pros
some staff were nice, good doctors, inmates nicer than most staff
Cons
management treat doctors like trash, management liars, use u for their own pleasure, allow u to be bullied and harassed, treat u like a slave and trash talk everybody behind their back, too many chiefs, talk about employees being lazy and worthless no professionalism, don't defemd their employees, no shift differential, pay scale sucks
Physical abuse is a must in order to advance
Cadet (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Just to move on from the training stage you must go through cadet training which involves self defense. Now self defense training on its own is not a bad thing to be physically downed is inhumanr and counter productive. On day two of five I was hospitalized with a cervical sprain when I reported for day three to turn in my resignation I was told it's only a few days and after that it's few and far between I would encounter that kind of abuse again not to mention to MTC a cervical sprain "is no big deal". Forced overtime is a huge deal because of the turn over rate. Low pay for the pressures put upon employees. Self defense week is above military standards stay away if you don't want your head bounced off a mat for eight hours a day
Pros
free meals, good enough people
Cons
physical abuse just to pass cadet training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Management & Training Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4