Management & Training Corporation

Management & Training Corporation Employee Reviews

Some of the nicest people I have every worked with.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Team Player and everyone was very nice and helpful
Cons: Pay a little low.
A typical day a work would be to work on the projects assigned. Meet with management to update the progress of the projects. Very business and educational place to work. Constantly learning new things. Coworkers were team players. Hardest part of the job was making time to get additional training. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of work I was responsible for.
I have never been treated so harshly
Instructor (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 3, 2015
Pros: Helping kids
Cons: everything else
my first week there they did not even have the computer I needed to do the job. I got reprimanded for that. There was no training at all. The site director was doing things against department of labor regulations, but they LF everyone not to tell corporate. We were constantly reprimanded for kids having flaws, yet the culture was one that allowed cursing, fighting and no training. The last straw was when a corporate rep (who did not even know my name) preceded to berate me for not asking questions when that was all I did. Then the site director and rep proceeded to scream at me and the accuse me of yelling. They didn't want me and made it very obvious. RUN from this position
new work place
Detention Officer (Current Employee), Calexico, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good pay job
Cons: short staff
Its a different environment to work with and get use to. Must work as a team and depend on each other when there is a need for it. Must develop an ability to multitask when working.
Management no better than the inmates they house!
Accounting clerk. Payroll. (Former Employee), Kingman, AZMarch 14, 2015
Cons: everyone inside the fence.
Advertise for accounting jobs but it's really for a inmate store/commissary cashier. They misrepresent the positions that they offer in order to fill the spots. They are always understaffed and have a difficult time keeping anyone there for ant length of time. The turnover rate is enormous.
Unprofessional management skills. Employees fight with each other over fear of loosing their jobs and there is no teamwork.
There is no communication between the employees and when something goes down on the yard most employees are kept in the dark with no information. Misrepresentation seems to be status quo for this company.
Do not go to work here!!!
Correctional officer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: tons of overtime if you want it.
Cons: everything! poor employees, poor admin staff, thugs working here.
This place is a mess. They will sell it as a great place to work, but it's not. They're so short handed that the HR won't fire anyone. They get fined by the state for every open officer vacancy they have. The turn over is crazy. People quit in training it's so bad. 14 people start in training and 5-6 stay, the rest quit. This is the place that people come to work at because even a cheap security company won't hire them. People get written up for the same stuff day after day and nothing happens. It's a TDCJ contract prison. The employees are just as bad as the inmates. There's one good supervisor here but ain't nothing going to happen to anyone. People call in saying they aren't coming to work or don't call in at all for days and nothing happens. They don't show up and it's okay to do that I guess. You can go to work at the real prison and make more money than this place.
Most of the employees are thugs and some even know the inmates from the neighborhood. They can't keep anyone here and the training is a joke. Basically you read the books on your own while the teacher talks to her friends all day. Why do you think they are constantly hiring supervisors from the outside? Because nobody there is capable of doing the job as a supervisor. Some of the stuff that goes on here is literally criminal. The stuff these people do would get you arrested in a real state prison...here, they just quietly suspend you and let you come back to work.
Made some good friends place was a mess though treatments hadn't been done in months, poor ignorant management
LPN (Former Employee), Marion, ohioFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: some staff were nice, good doctors, inmates nicer than most staff
Cons: management treat doctors like trash, management liars, use u for their own pleasure, allow u to be bullied and harassed, treat u like a slave and trash talk everybody behind their back, too many chiefs, talk about employees being lazy and worthless no professionalism, don't defemd their employees, no shift differential, pay scale sucks
I worked there and worked my butt off had a good job and got my job up to where it needed to be one day as I'm doing pill call a CO comes to the window screaming at me in front of a packed room of inmates stating I said lies that weren't true because another nurse said I did when I confronted both of them it was a quote misunderstanding I went to the major and Warden and explained how upset and unprofessional that was and the very next day my boss Dixon DON allowed me to work all day long then at the end of the day took me to HR And said treatments weren't being done n they were letting me go when it was pure retaliation because at my new job they put I was a great worker AND eligible for rehire and that I resigned when I was fired! How can u be a great worker and get fired? Make a long story short I've Notified the EEOC into this matter also it's a private prison no state pay or benefits nobody will back U up just allow u to be bullied and harrassed! Sadly the inmates were nicer than management! In 3 years the place went thru 7 health care administrators if that doesn't speak volumes idk what does! Horrible place to work would be great if new management was there I loved my job but management was snakes!
Physical abuse is a must in order to advance
Cadet (Former Employee), Kingman, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free meals, good enough people
Cons: physical abuse just to pass cadet training
Just to move on from the training stage you must go through cadet training which involves self defense. Now self defense training on its own is not a bad thing to be physically downed is inhumanr and counter productive. On day two of five I was hospitalized with a cervical sprain when I reported for day three to turn in my resignation I was told it's only a few days and after that it's few and far between I would encounter that kind of abuse again not to mention to MTC a cervical sprain "is no big deal". Forced overtime is a huge deal because of the turn over rate. Low pay for the pressures put upon employees. Self defense week is above military standards stay away if you don't want your head bounced off a mat for eight hours a day
this place is a joke
correctional officer (Former Employee), venus texas Sanders Estes UnitJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: all the hours you want
Cons: little pay, unsafe environment and too many mandated days and too many threats of write ups.
They hire kids, old decrepit folks, Nigerians that can't stay awake....
It is a dangerous situation and somebody is going to get hurt.
They give you a schedule yet mandate you on your day off. If You don't show up on your day off they write you up.
They don't pay enough for the load they put on you.
It's a great place if you have no life.
Lts. And sgts. Are ridiculous.
The deputy warden lets inmates run free thru the halls.
The major is arrogant and rude.
This place needs to be given to a company that can run it like a prison and not a day camp.
Slave labor. Bullying by upper management
correctional officer (Former Employee), kingman AZSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: inmate food is free. one meal a day.
Cons: too many to list
Huge turnover due to bad management, over work, bullying by power hungry and lack of knowledgeable management. Too many demands placed on staff, lack of training and maturity of officers places everyone in danger. Inmates are treated better than officers. Poorest line staff moral ever known to mankind. They get reprimanded and placed under the microscope for all that they do wrong or right. Damned if you do damned if you don't, never enough never good enough. Held hostage for over time, the company does not care if you have responsibility of family or not. For example you have kids to be picked up after school not their issue, you have a choice, a write up for refusing overtime. Or the safety of your kid waiting for you in the street for 4 hrs to be picked up. Once you sign up to work there they own you and your life.
Good place to work at
Information System Technician (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: knowing your making a differance
dealing with underprivileged youth, you need a certain character, and a tough skin. Also needed is a passion for helping others.
Work you like a dog
safety and security manager (Former Employee), atlantaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: time off usually always approved
Cons: long days, no lunch breaks sometimes, no overtime
Worked at this place for a year, it wasn't stressful at first but became very stressful which caused health problems and then eventually had to resign. Employees are good people to work with but rules and regulations are very antiquated. The leaders are going on 40 plus years experience and need to retire and give the reigns to someone else to keep up with the times.
If you like to be treated like a inmate, great place to work.
Senior Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: everything else
This place is something else. Not all but most of the sgt's and Lt's have almost no idea what they are doing and fail to disuplin the offenders. Since I've been there about 80 officers have come and gone in less than two years. They pay more attention to officers than they do inmates. We are forced to work over time. Have doubles back to back. They make new policies every week. No set rules. They hire young and dumb kids and makes it hard for veteran officers to do their jobs. They pay $10.50 for a c/o.
Excellent company with wonderful benefit
Warden (Former Employee), Walnut Grove MississippiJuly 29, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: managing very difficult people
MTC is an excellent company with wonderful benefits. My position was Warden in a correctional facility that involved managing the entire operation, This environment dose not have a typical day "no" day is the same. I learned to adjust to this changing environment and to be ready for changes as they occurred. The management team demonstrate superior executive ability under a variety of circumstances, which obtain the full support of every department. I developed a positive working relationship with my co-workers which build on mutual dependence and understanding. The most difficult part of the job was devote appropriate time and effort to the development of staff professional competence. The most enjoyable part of the job help staff achieve optimal levels of personal performance and accomplishment.
it was a good experiance
Unpaid internship Line Cook (Former Employee), Morganfield, KYJune 4, 2014
The atmosphere wasn`t healthy in the least bit. My co-workers were mostly lazy. But I did learn from my managers.
It was more for learning than for working.
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Morganfield, KYJune 4, 2014
Other than the inner city culture of the student populace it was an ok place to be at. MTC's way of running Job Corps may not have been the greatest, but the program worked.
A Big Joke
Former Employee (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: able to help some students
Cons: management and hr
This campus is a Big Joke...Management is Trash...HR Mgr. is the biggest joke of all. and the Head Honcho is the worst. How do you say you have no money and the Head Honcho is driving around in a Brand new Chevy and then not taking in any new kids and laying folks off. If you call corporate they announce they are coming I bet if they did surprise visits it would be a different story. Managers selling GSA cars for personal profit and no one goes to jail really. Where do they do that (Gary Job Corp) The list goes on and on. If the gov't knew what was going on with the money they would be shut down for sure. It's a Great programs for Young adults but they need caring people to work there to make it successful.
I love my job
Manager (Current Employee), Centerville, UTFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: personal development, work/life balance
MTC is a great company to work for. They change peoples lives through education. I enjoy working with and getting to know my co-workers. Upper management encourages personal growth. Culture is professional and enjoyable. I have learned so much in the various positions that I've held, and continue to learn each day.
Worst place to work EVER...
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Brownfield, TxDecember 18, 2013
Cons: everything
Low pay, bad management & drama! If your straight this is probably not the job for you unless you like to be treated like dirt because of your personal preference.
Easy work place
Maintenance (Former Employee), Callicoon, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: hours, destination, co-workers, manager.
Cons: pay.
My typical day at work i would clock in then clean the designated floors i was told to clean. Most times i would be asked to paint, replace lights or strip & wax
Great experience with Job Corp
Administrative (Former Employee), UtahOctober 16, 2013
Pros: great mission in providing life skills and trades to those who otherwise would not get these skills.
Cons: pay, benefits, and some jaded staff who should be asked to move on to work more suited to them.
Most of the staff were happy to be there and made each day the best experience possible for themselves, other staff, and students.

About Management & Training Corporation

Management¬†& Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, – Read more

Management & Training Corporation Salaries