Management & Training Corporation

Management & Training Corporation Employee Reviews

Great experience with Job Corp
Administrative (Former Employee), UtahOctober 16, 2013
Pros: great mission in providing life skills and trades to those who otherwise would not get these skills.
Cons: pay, benefits, and some jaded staff who should be asked to move on to work more suited to them.
Most of the staff were happy to be there and made each day the best experience possible for themselves, other staff, and students.
Ok company to work for
Residential Advisor & Records Specialist (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: casual work environment, company parties twice a year
Cons: low work morale, ok benefits, no room for internal advancement
Overall review is that it is an ok company to work for. Not much room for internal advancement within the organization and recent changes in management have impacted overall employee morale. Not much recognition for work done. More attention is given to the students and not enough to staff. Low work morale. Benefits are ok and the rate of pay is a bit on the low end for what other companies pay for those same positions.
Always challenging
Compliance Manager-Lieutenant (Current Employee), Kuna, IDSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: plenty of opportunities for staff advancement
Demanding and rewarding
Customer is always the most important
Management is fair and consistent
Co-workers are knowledgeable and dedicated
The most enjoyable part of the job is changing lives
Good Job
Management Information Systems Technician (Current Employee), Kingman, AZSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: a secure job
This position is responsible for several systems in two Arizona State Prisons.
Only interested in the bottom line on how much money can be brought in
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Morganfield KyJuly 29, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, upper management always positive
Cons: negativity of the staff in dorms, mandatory 12 hour shifts you aren't told about when hired. working everweekends
Not a whole lot of positive to say. When you are hired they make it sound like such a wonderful place to work. Then when you go to them to report a student sexually harassing you, you lose your job. The staff in the dorms are very negative and I can see why they would be. Working mandatory 12 hour shifts, no time for family. I could go on and on. I was so excited when I was hired thinking I could make a difference for these students. Boy was I naive.
Fun Times
Student Helper (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 12, 2013
Cons: 20 hrs. a week
I was always in the cafeteria helping out during meals. i'm not scared to EARN my living. Every one was very friendly there. that was my first and ideal job.
Place corporate profit ahead of those being serviced
Manager of Program Support (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2013
Pros: some of the core staff has genuine compassion for those being served
Cons: leadership has no interest in anything except profit
Lack of Leadership Interest

Focus on Program profit at client expense

Short cut compliance
Morally bankrupt, rudderless, and will drive you mad
Mangement, corporate office (Former Employee), Centerville, UTMarch 6, 2013
Cons: lots
MTC has managed to combine incredibly poor senior leadership and tight-fisted corporate bureaucratic micromanagement into a rage-inducing swirling storm of terrible work experience. The senior leaders in corrections don't empower their people, the good people in HR feel helpless and neutered by the sr HR executive, who fires HR people as casually as going out to eat. The team operates in fear, paralyzed and ineffective. The company is stingy with pay and benefits, instead ensuring owners can buy yet another condo or vacation property.

If you're considering this place, think long and hard before you accept. It beats unemployment and poverty, but just barely.
hahaha the correctional side is a JOKE
sergeant of corrections (Former Employee), venus txFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: none!!!!!!
Cons: too much stress, getting treated like dirt, no respect, and little pay
i worked at the correctional facility 5 1/2 years, and lets just say some people put in authoritative roles should have never been, people think they can do anything there and get away with it. The higher up's are racist and demand respect even though they give none. my experience was not a good one, and that place sucks you into its grips and its so hard to get out of there. They will go completely out of their way to get you to leave or get fired if you are not part of their circle and like many have said it is the good ol boy system. and they will also demand that you "FIX" paperwork that has been messed up for over a year... The HR manager is a joke and she has gone through multiple assistants since 09 when MTC took over. I will never go back to that place nor would i recommend anyone to work there.
dream job ...but it was cut short
RESDENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), CLEARFIELD utahJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: awesome place to work i wish i could go back
Cons: the evil balding hobbit that lurks in b dorm
I loved working there but there' was one manager that went outta his way to make it a hosstle place for me he made his mission to give me a hard time wile i was there. He was a bitter little hobbit ...... but I loved working with the student's the most and. Most of the staff but you had your share of snakes my mane foucus was the student's I loved it but I gave four year's of my and I was a former student my self it is a good program you just gotta have have staff who are there for the right reasons and I would have fought for my job back but I wouldn't have won anyways because I wasent part of the union ... But I did enjoy my time there but it was sad the way it all ended... But other then that its a great place to work
Worst Place I have ever work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brunswick, GaJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: no work to take home, corporate is supportive
Cons: drama, hostile work environments, and prejudice management
Going to corporate and getting training is great but it is totally different from the center environment. If you like drama and a weak management team this is the place for you. They allow hostile work environments and the HR is a joke!
Worst job i've ever had
C/O (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: lol what pros
Cons: hahahahaha too many to list.
This is the most unprofessional environment you will ever come across. It truly is a good old boys network. If you are an uneducated hillbilly, and have family ties and an IQ under 50 you will succeed here. You will have more problems with staff than you will with inmates. Inmates run the show. If you show the slightest bit of intelligence, and human decency you will stand out, and not in a good way. People are put in authoritative positions when they have NO BUSINESS being there, and in turn they abuse their power and treat staff as if they were inmates. If you speak up you will be chastised and targeted. Underpaid and overworked. The job itself is easy, it's the nonsense that comes along with it that makes it difficult. Mandatory overtime. YOU WILL be held against your will if they do not have enough bodies to cover their shifts. The best part of my day was punching out and leaving at the end of the day. If you have a soul I would not recommend this job.
The only place I will work.
RA (Current Employee), Clearfield job corps centerJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: management, pay, work fulfillment
Cons: n/a
Working for MTC brings me satisfaction because of all the lives I help. I've worked in Job Corps for over 10 years and I plan on retiring here. I have great benefits, my work is noticed, and management helps me grow professionally.
The only place I will work.
RA (Current Employee), Clearfield job corps centerJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: management, pay, work fulfillment
Cons: n/a
see negative comments above except this is jobcorp not prison
support services (Current Employee), sierra nevada steadOctober 20, 2012
Pros: paycheck don't bounce
Cons: got a couple of hours to listen?
nepotism, crony placement, middle managers run kingdoms NO advancement, lots of substance abuse by staff. HR is a joke. Reporting bad conditions generally gets you fired.

January 9, 2013

Worked in student service's.All I can say is run away. I have never work for a place like this. Loved working with the students. Hated getting out of bed to go to work. Got a Bonus and a nice letter at lunch and was term. at the end of the day and was told they did not have to say why. This is how you are treated.

Great place to work.
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee), Raymondville, TXOctober 2, 2012
Excellent place to work with great pay. Opportunity for advancement within company.
Slave Labor camp....no money for infrastructure maintenance and micromanagement!
IT (Former Employee), ArizonaSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch- same food as inmates.
Cons: too many to list, poor management, nepitism, corporate hasn't a clue what the satellite sites are doing or what's really going on.
I was excited to go to work for a company I thought had values and morals. Was I wrong. This organization is the most penny-pinching outfit I have ever worked for! Aging IT infrastructure, "duct tape and band-aid" maintenance attitude and the horrible treatment of correctional officers; forced overtime, favored overtime, fraternization. Management turns a blind eye. As long as it doesn't cost money or shine light on their weaknesses, it's all fair game. The inmates at times get treated better than the staff. No room for advancement, annual increases equal to cost of living, no performance awards nor incentive for better performance. Over 50% turnover at one AZ facility. It's a micromanagement post-graduate school! Pay scale is 30-40% below average.

October 2, 2012

I worked for there contract in Reno and have never been treated like I was there. It was crazy. I know what you mean.

Good workplace
Corrections Officer (Former Employee), Taft, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: politices dealing changes
A day as an c/o is pretty simple cell searches bed moves for the inmates. Then acountablity for all the Inmates.
I learn how to work with all types of people with differant attituds. Respect there religien, commuication skills how to talk to them and how to defuse hostile situations. I had good co-works we watched out for each other. The hardest part of my job was getting up early in the morning and coming to work it was a 40min drive. Most enjoyable part was going home.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: working constantly, never bored
Cons: can get repititive..
Had a great time working in a team with nice people. Got the job done and met deadlines. Typical day at work was washing dishes making sure new cleaned plates and silverware were stocked. Hardest part of the job was the hundreds of plates that came in. But enjoyable and never got bored.
Good place to work if you dont mind working a prison
Addictions Treatment Counselor (Former Employee), Kuna, IDJuly 11, 2012
Pros: stable company
Cons: for some working in a prison
The day consisted of working in a classroom of 20 inmates and teaching addiction treatment classess. We were provided an hour lunch and time at the start of the day to work on paper work. Management was supportive. Good place to work and stable.

About Management & Training Corporation

Management¬†& Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, – Read more

Management & Training Corporation Salaries