Management & Training Corporation Employee Reviews

A place to work
Correctional Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Raymondville, TXMay 9, 2017
Good pay for highschool diploma everyone starts the same. But this place is like any other place favorites move up in rank. If your not a favorite and have rank others will make your work life very difficult to say the least...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Crooked higher rank
Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYApril 8, 2017
The Morganfield Kentucky Job Corps is a JOKE ! HR is ran by people who h ave no idea what their doing at all and are only out to protect themselves. I watched students get away with EVERYTHING and staff was never empowered to enforce rules. Students run the place entirely, the upper staff are scared to death to do ANYTHING to support their co workers. The more students there on center the more MONEY they get so they try to ship in the kids by the BUS LOADS if possible. The place top to bottom is a joke due to upper management being a mindless wandering clueless tool !
Nice place to work
Communications manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTMarch 27, 2017
Great boss, nice benefits, great place to learn about helping youth and corrections. Opportunities to travel to various locates. Nice location and facilities.
Not worth it at all
NA (Current Employee) –  Chaparral, NMMarch 14, 2017
The company's upper management only cares for their bonuses. The employees are the least of their priorities. Benefits are horrible, salaries are way below the market. Favoritism for certain employees exceed the understanding capacity of the majority of the employees. The mojo of the company, BIONIC, " believe it or not I care" is inexistent. Employees have spend the last six years with no pay increases.
good company
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 23, 2017
fun company that was strong on training and staff development. staff input on policy and procedure was strong. open to innovative ways to address our clients.
Pros
tuition reimbursement comprehensive training, upward job mobility
Cons
some job reassignments were unwarranted and not productive.
MTC is a great company to work for if you're just starting out in the job market.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
MTC lives by there BIONIC code. Believe It Or Not I Care. You have an opportunity to cross train. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Most enjoyable part of my job was taking part in the rehabilitation of the offenders.
Pros
MTC does not mind you Taking of to take care of family issues.
Cons
Insurance is kind of expensive. Pay is not that great.
love the co-workers but administration is not great
Horticulture Aide (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJanuary 3, 2017
You can get lost in your work when you give it your all; however you're job is not secure here. Administration does not support their employees like they should. You are expendable regardless of what you have given to the company, but the co-workers are generally great.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
does not appreciate employees
A learning experience
Corrections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Grove, MSDecember 28, 2016
Good company that have prison facilities world wide. I learned how to deal with all types of people and their behaviors, to include the staff and inmates. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after my shift with no injuries tostaff or the inmates.
Benefits
Cons
At times Safety
I enjoyed doing something differant every day.
Classification clerk (Former Employee) –  Raymondville, TXDecember 22, 2016
I completed all the daily intake of all the detainees for the day, I learned how to take count of all the detainees, management was not very helpful, I was able to work with all the co workers and assist them in other things, the hardest part was count time making sure all detainees were accounted for, taking a lunch break and getting to know everyone.
Pros
keeping busy with all the work for day
Cons
when certain employees were hard to work with
Very fun company to learn and expand.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Meehan, MSDecember 7, 2016
There is always room for growth with this employer. They can bring out the best potential out of you if you're willing to learn and apply yourself. The training there is very good at covering all guidelines before throwing you into the field.
Pros
Hiring process is thorough and careful to explain paperwork, Promotions and Opportunities are always offered
Cons
Healthcare insurance is available, but isnt the best.
Worst job ever
Medical Staff (Former Employee) –  EMCF Meridian MSDecember 3, 2016
EMCF Meridan MS.....worst job ever. Security staff doesn't do their job properly and puts all staff in jeopardy. Management staff plays favorites. Allows or assists in getting contraband into the prison.
Terrible all the way around
CO (Current Employee) –  Marion ohioNovember 30, 2016
This place is terrible all the way around. They treat you like an inmate but yet will side over an inmate before you as a CO. They lie to force you into overtime while those that have worked less go home
Cons
It's an on-the-go workplace, you're on your feet all day
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Lockhart, TXNovember 21, 2016
It's a great place if you're into Law Enforcement. A lot of work looking out for the offenders, making sure they're all okay & not getting into any trouble.
Pros
You're constantly up & about
Cons
16 hour shifts
Unorganized or Unethical
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 22, 2016
I went through the entire hiring process, which was long and cumbersome, and the day before training, I received a phone call stating that this position had been eliminated due to not having a space available to lease. They are either unorganized or unethically retracted their offer. The human resource person didn't seem to care. Also, because of their job offer, I turned down an interview with a different company. I would never trust MTC because they are contractors and do not have to be accountable.
Wow! Who would ever want to work for this company
RN (Former Employee) –  Nowhere, OKJuly 30, 2016
With reading all the reviews, I would never apply to this company. How unfortunate that places like this even exist. It sounds as though there is no team work, and people actually fighting for their job? How sad s that.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Management, employees with seniority, low pay, high turnover, bullies.
Mtc.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 21, 2016
MTC is a very nice place to work. The administration staff is outstanding, including some of the captains, lieutenants, and sergeants. The overtime there is like no other in the world. You can be required to work multiple 16 hour shifts in a row, and receive no break in-between. The people you work with will soon become like family.
Wind River Job Corps
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJuly 14, 2016
Poor management. They let the students run the place . They let students get arrested smoke dope and come back drunk. Then give them their bonuses for graduating without proper completion of the program. Management reprimands the staff but not students. Countess infractions according to DOL standards. Pay is substandard for the work.
No accountability and too much micro managing
Mid level manager Wind River Job Corps (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYMay 19, 2016
The biggest problem with MTC is that they expect you to do more with less for an unreasonable amount of time. There is no accountability for them or DOL. MTC will blame everything on DOL and when DOL reps arrive they put everything on MTC, and it's the employees that get screwed. Center Director had own agenda, and followed operating procedures when it fit her needs but if not she just bypassed them. Even when coporate staff were notified of issues they just ignored it becayse they dont wabt to admit they made a mistake on who they hired. Too much micro managing! Let people do the job they were hired to do! There was constant turnover due to management issues. The center still doesn't have a perimeter fence and it's been open a year, yet they constantly cram safety and security down your throat. I lasted as long as I could. I really liked working with the students but when you can't trust your boss and they will throw you under the bus without hesitation it's time to go.
Pros
Students, co workers, salary
Cons
Management, ambiguous rules amd expectations, double standards, lack of trust
Unhealthy work environment (One star is too many)
Cognitive Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Childress, TXMarch 31, 2016
Worst administration I have ever worked for in my life. Horrible communication no integrity or morals, although that is what they insist on and stress through orientation.

The company supposedly reflects the acronym BIONIC (believe it or not I care)...I don't believe it. The office staff talked to and about the offenders like they were less than nothing... Not a caring word did I hear. The program director was never available when I needed guidance or had a grienence to discuss. She communicated through text message on occasion with neglegable response to my concerns.

There was a complete disregard for integrity and support in ensuring offenders get to class. For the first couple weeks offenders were asked to sign rosters from previous weeks so MTC would get paid even though the offenderd didn't show up for class. The offenders training was second to getting paid and 'fulfilling the contract'.

The work environment was environmentally unsafe, mold on the walls, sewage overflowed and flooded the entire building. The cleanup consisted of pushing the sewage out into the parking lot and mold was painted over...STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Working with marginalized citizens to help them overcome bad choices
Cons
Everything else... Poor management all they wa y up to regional admin, poor or lack of communications skills, it's all about the contract, not the employees and offenders...lack of integrity filling out reports
Worst Management Ever
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Venus, TXSeptember 24, 2015
The other officers and the inmates were not a problem... The ranking officers talk/treat you like you're an inmate, force you to stay over and play favorites. This place wouldn't have such a high turnover rate if the ranking officers would learn that we are all on the same team.
Pros
All the overtime you can handle
Cons
How the ranking officers treat you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Management & Training Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6