Management & Training Corporation

Management & Training Corporation Employer Reviews

see negative comments above except this is jobcorp not prison
support services (Current Employee), sierra nevada steadOctober 20, 2012
Pros: paycheck don't bounce
Cons: got a couple of hours to listen?
nepotism, crony placement, middle managers run kingdoms NO advancement, lots of substance abuse by staff. HR is a joke. Reporting bad conditions generally gets you fired.

January 9, 2013

Worked in student service's.All I can say is run away. I have never work for a place like this. Loved working with the students. Hated getting out of bed to go to work. Got a Bonus and a nice letter at lunch and was term. at the end of the day and was told they did not have to say why. This is how you are treated.

Great place to work.
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee), Raymondville, TXOctober 2, 2012
Excellent place to work with great pay. Opportunity for advancement within company.
Slave Labor camp....no money for infrastructure maintenance and micromanagement!
IT (Former Employee), ArizonaSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch- same food as inmates.
Cons: too many to list, poor management, nepitism, corporate hasn't a clue what the satellite sites are doing or what's really going on.
I was excited to go to work for a company I thought had values and morals. Was I wrong. This organization is the most penny-pinching outfit I have ever worked for! Aging IT infrastructure, "duct tape and band-aid" maintenance attitude and the horrible treatment of correctional officers; forced overtime, favored overtime, fraternization. Management turns – more... a blind eye. As long as it doesn't cost money or shine light on their weaknesses, it's all fair game. The inmates at times get treated better than the staff. No room for advancement, annual increases equal to cost of living, no performance awards nor incentive for better performance. Over 50% turnover at one AZ facility. It's a micromanagement post-graduate school! Pay scale is 30-40% below average. – less

October 2, 2012

I worked for there contract in Reno and have never been treated like I was there. It was crazy. I know what you mean.

Good workplace
Corrections Officer (Former Employee), Taft, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: politices dealing changes
A day as an c/o is pretty simple cell searches bed moves for the inmates. Then acountablity for all the Inmates.
I learn how to work with all types of people with differant attituds. Respect there religien, commuication skills how to talk to them and how to defuse hostile situations. I had good co-works we watched out for each other. The hardest part – more... of my job was getting up early in the morning and coming to work it was a 40min drive. Most enjoyable part was going home. – less
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: working constantly, never bored
Cons: can get repititive..
Had a great time working in a team with nice people. Got the job done and met deadlines. Typical day at work was washing dishes making sure new cleaned plates and silverware were stocked. Hardest part of the job was the hundreds of plates that came in. But enjoyable and never got bored.
Good place to work if you dont mind working a prison
Addictions Treatment Counselor (Former Employee), Kuna, IDJuly 11, 2012
Pros: stable company
Cons: for some working in a prison
The day consisted of working in a classroom of 20 inmates and teaching addiction treatment classess. We were provided an hour lunch and time at the start of the day to work on paper work. Management was supportive. Good place to work and stable.
Unsafe, uncaring environment
NP (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAFebruary 8, 2012
Cons: poor management, poor employee relations, rapid staff turnover. frequent short staffing
I am a very seasoned health professional with a wide variety of work experience in many setings. I worked for this company for one year. This was by far the worst job experience I've ever had. There is just nothing redeeming to say about this company. The absolute worst.

October 18, 2012

cincinnati is age biast!

About Management & Training Corporation

Management¬†& Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, – Read more