Management Consulting Employee Reviews in United States

It was a job.
Assistant Cashier Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 5, 2016
Most of the employees were friendly. Some of management was good. The volume of customer that came in made your day go by really fast.
Pros
You got paid for the holidays and were closed on them.
Cons
End of fiscal year when customers had to spend all money or lose it.
Great place to work and great people
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2016
A great place to work, challenging and engaging work environment. Co-workers are great, diverse people. I've learned to be a part of the world of administration and social media. It can sometimes be tough, but the reward of seeing positive outcomes is thrilling.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Office climate, medical benefits
Attain the next level of business success
Director of Business Development/Chief Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 30, 2016
o Helps a small to medium-sized business owner improve business operations, offering general services in all areas of business.
o The overall goal is to use leading techniques to help make your business better by addressing problems and recommending solutions.
Management if poor
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAApril 29, 2016
Management is not very helpful and do not look for their employees benefits. They don't listen and do not consider the work load of the employees.
Productive and Supportive to Service Members and their families
Personnel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Hueneme CBC Base, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Work on the transactions dispatched to me on a daily basis. Follow up with the command admin. Process the requests on a timely manner. I learned a lot in 2 sections I've been for 4 years. I work with less supervision, my supervisor believe that I can do my job because I am a fast learner and make sure the job is done. I always given the tasked to train new employee in the section. My co-workers are open to ask me questions and everybody is a team player. I enjoyed working at PSD because I am able to help the service member in any way I can.
Great work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
Lots of opportunities to transfer to another area of the firm, and learn new things. There are opportunities to grow but the key is being dedicated, persistent and developing relationships with senior management. No two days are ever the same - lots of projects (big and small) to tackle.
A Great Company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJanuary 16, 2016
MCG is a very professional company. Offering diverse opportunities, mentoring, human resource support they comprise the best of all worlds.
Pros
Supportive, professional and interested in their contract emloyees
Everyday
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Culture is ever changing. Since being at the company, I have experienced numerous changes, some for the better and some that are challenging. Good culture and fun people to work with are plentiful.
Best Boss Ever, Easy-going Workplace
Business Consulting & Management Accounting (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CASeptember 8, 2015
I work for myself. I set my own hours and come and go as I please. I am master of my destiny. The boss is smart, hard-working and has amazing foresight for starting this company. His expertise is unmatched and his work ethic is unmatchable.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes lacks Structure, Money, Interesting Work
Rewarding when Clients finally get it and have taken leadersip.
Fact Based Management (FBM) (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 30, 2015
I do not know what I am reviewing. I am not which company I am reviewing. See resume for past employment chronology. As a consultant I work in the clients location.
I was my own boss and worked flexible hours
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  LagosMay 30, 2015
I worked as a freelance Management Consultant while I processed my admission for my masters. I enjoyed working at the two jobs I did, particularly training the management staff of the central bank. These group of people had little or no formal experience of project management but had some contact with projects.

I worked with my former boss and it was enjoyable reliving our old work relationships. My coworkers were people that I delivered too. At the company where I set up a PMO I enjoyed delivering a solution and seeing the immediate results and how appreciative the team were.

The hardest part for me was that schedule could change at very short notice.
Pros
I had more time to focus on my admission process
Cons
I had to move around a lot to multiple locations dealing with unrelated clients
Great way to learn the company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 24, 2014
Working in Internal Management Consulting at Humana is a great way to learn the organization, but the leadership structure creates needless complexity and political battles. Pay was good, life/work balance was good.
Excellent Top 500 Company to be a part of professionally
Consultant to present (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2014
Excellent training and development with an excellent compensation package.
awesome
Triple Threat Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDFebruary 19, 2014
Operated as lead business analyst and project manager representing National Council Programs.. This group consisted of the tourism directors and their staffs from the 50 states and the five US territories. Collaborated with the 13 member Board of Directors to ensure strategic compliance. Planned, designed and recommended business processes to improve and support business activities. Guided all projects from conception to delivery.

 Supported the General/ Program Manager in performing day-to-day activities and special assignments for the organization.
 Identified and analyzed issues, problems, and business projects to define the scope of project activities required to address the business issue, including: requirement definition, process review, impact assessment and operational streamlining.
 Oversaw and developed work statements, scope/priority definitions and the creation of budgets and schedules for large complex programs. Developed documents with appropriate standards and requirements and needs.
 Managed and distributed strategic communications regarding understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Oversaw and coordinated staffing assignment for the projects.y
Pros
v
Cons
v
Reputable, large government contractor
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAFebruary 1, 2014
I enjoyed working for Management Consulting (MANCON) as a Clerk III/HR Assistant (Military). I had thorough communication from management staff, Human Resources and staff off-site at the regional office.
Great Brand that needs some work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2013
KPMG possesses the perception and cachet that comes with big 4, so certainly it should help your advancement in career. There are some aspects of the business model that fall short, especially when it comes to career development and certain HR matters. Still you are surrounded by talented individuals who for the most part are eager to deliver and contribute. Employees are certainly the assets here. Unfortunately, the system isn't set up in which hard work necessarily translates to reward and, while they try, often puts employees in situations that are not beneficial for them and ultimately the company. They need to think more strategic in those aspects, but tend to be more tactical as a result of... my guess is lack of strategic planning. Work-Life balance, while they market it, is a joke.
Pros
collaboration, people, social culture
Cons
career development process, review process, work-life balance
Face pace.
Project Management (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2013
Travel, atmosphere, stature, challenging, and sense of accomplishment.
Management Consulting
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 9, 2013
This is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and I worked with wonderful people.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
long commute
Self driven business
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 2, 2012
Enjoyed the start-up business; involved in all aspects of the business.
Pros
involved in every aspect of the business.
Cons
resource limited.