Management Science Associates

Management Science Associates Employer Reviews

Not the best company to work for
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2014
They do not provide adequate training and the health insurance is the worst that I have ever seen. There is not company culture and no sick days. Had to work in a basement and park one mile away from the company and take a shuttle van, sort of annoying. The people that work there are sort of weird and dorky.
I would not suggest working here
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2014
Pros: dress code
Cons: too many to name
MSA has a upper management structure that has been in place for decades. Many of these indivduals have never worked in technology and do little more than forward e-mails. The Human Resources department is run by one of the owners sons and quality employees will be told things like "you did not get this position because it requires a masters degree in – more... Computer Science" then months later that same position could be filled with someone who didn't go to college. The only benefit is the relaxed dress code which pretty much allows any individual to dress like a vagrant. – less
Good starter job in IT field
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Tarentum, PaMarch 20, 2014
This job is a good job for getting your foot in the door for the IT field. Yes it does require knowledge of the field, but it's not the kind of job that's going to require a Bachelors or Masters degree. It is a very detail oriented but relaxed atmosphere. All of the co-workers are pleasant to be around and are helpful and informative when asked questions.
Friendly enviroment / lacking structure
Computer Operator / Tech 1 (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: managment
Not the greatest managment
Too many things get swept under the rug
brown nosing or family is the only solid way to advance
productive and fun working space
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2014
data analytic work
Gaming projects
Co works were cooperative
managers are approachable
Decent place to work
Senior Data Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
work hours vary by department and position
management tends to play favorites
tend to be demanding on overtime
Good Location, Nice Managers, Analytical position.
Sr. Client Support (Former Employee), East Liberty areaDecember 26, 2013
Pros: coworkers great, compensation great. wonderful management
Cons: bad hours, slow and analytical
Loved the workers, managers, and company, but found the job to be not enough of a challenge. Very analytical work. Not what I was looking for, and the hours were mid-day to early evening with no hope of ever changing.
My Review
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2013
My love is as a fever, longing still
For that which longer nurseth the disease;
Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
My reason, the physician to my love,
Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
Hath left me, and I desperate now approve,
Desire his death, which physic did except.
Past cure I am, now – more... reason is past care,
And frantic-mad with evermore unrest;
My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,
At random from the truth vainly express'd;

For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright,
Who art as black as hell, as dark as night. – less
Management Science Associates Overall Rating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: rotating schedule
A typical day at work starts with signing in to the computer and the phone. Contact by phone from the distributors and contact of the distributers occurred.

I learned about the distributors and their needs.

I was very pleased with the management.

I had a great relationship with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was the scope of the computer – more... applications.

The enjoyable part of the job was the meetings and the opportunity to advance. – less
Poor management and employees are not important.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: friendly people
Cons: poor management
There is poor management. They manage by fear of what will happen next. I heard hearsay that my manager’s boss would have yelling episodes which I think made my manager “afraid” of her. My manager would then act in a way which would make my supervisor “afraid” of him. This appeared to happen in other departments, not so much the fear, but poor management – more... that would make it harder for employees to do their job. There was no really good review of upper management. It appeared that anyone that had been there long enough and was in the right spot at the right time could get the job.

They got an outside firm to determine employee satisfaction. This is something that was totally unnecessary. The things determined from the survey could have been recognized in-house if they had good management. I don’t think that anyone who has any brains would have put anything negative on the survey. I think that there are a lot of unhappy people there ready to leave at the drop of a hat. There was even something about doing a study of employee performance to see who could park in their main parking lot. Seems like somebody had too much time.

They say that the employees are their number one asset. They don’t offer any tuition reimbursement. They offer in-house training, but mostly it is stuff that you could learn on your own. They do offer career changes, but it appears mostly that people changed jobs to get away from their old jobs. How well you did there did not depend how good you did your job. It depended on how nice you were to the right people. It seemed like you only had a voice if your opinions/suggestions agreed with upper management. If your job workload was changed, they would dump into just any position. I have heard of people being dumped into “lesser” jobs after taking a leave of absence. When I was laid-off, I was told that I could check for other positions in the company, but nothing was done to help me. I had been there close to 20 years and it seemed like they would make up any reason to get rid of me and other people who had been there a long time to save money in some way. And it is not like the pay was great or there weren’t other positions that we could have been placed into. – less
laid back
Data Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2013
not a bad job. Can be boring at times. Pay wasn't that great
learned basic computer skills
most enjoyable was flex schedule
Never Join This Company Because They will kick you at last time.
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2013
Cons: health insurance, internal politics.
I worked with this company for 5 years and at end they terminated many employees same time because company is not able to sell there product.

You should be more careful while joining this company because there some people who are there from 15 to 20 years and don't want to leave this company at all and got Manager post but they don't have single skill – more... to be manager.

Health Insurance is suck people are paying $1,200 for there family with 5k deductable. – less
Great Company to work for
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee), Tarentum, PAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: extremely expensive healthcare - approx. $1, 100 a month for family medical
Upper management is very approachable and values employee input. No complaints when it comes to work environment, PTO, salary.
Steady work, steady loss of enjoyment of life
VMS Data Spec, Sr Db Spec, Data An. (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: i learned job skills, you got a paycheck.
Cons: it wasn't worth it.
I started there to pay the bills and stayed years longer than I should have. The characteristic of teams and positions became more and more bottom-line focused. Turnaround time on work requests was cut to what is needed to get data out as soon as physically possible, even compromising quality. Employees are numbers and a job code. Weekend system monitoring – more... took time away from my young family. Pay increases were 1% at best. Money seemed to go to upper managers and execs hired from outside; rank and file were given excuses and no adjustment even for the increase in cost of living. I was relieved to have made it out of there, as were so many others I've talked to since they left. It wasn't a sense of moving to another job when you left, it was a sense of having left before it killed you. The environment is just unhealthy to mind, body and spirit and there were building conditions that risked personal health, forcing large areas to be cordoned off. Just very unpleasant. – less
productive and fun
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2012
not bad................................................................................................