Manatee County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews in United States

This job was challenging every day. High stress environment
Booking Clerk (Former Employee) –  600 301 Blvd W #202 Bradenton, FL 34205June 12, 2016
When I say I multi tasked, I really multi tasked. I enjoyed it though. Working twelve hour days, and while staying busy with many tasks, it helped time go by and always kept me on my toes.

I learned a lot about the law, Florida State Statues, I learned how to work a brand new computer system that I never worked before. I learned how to read and run criminal histories. I learned how to confirm warrants, whether they be out of state, another county or the county I worked in.

Management could have been better. However, I did my duties and made sure all my work was done professionally and proficient.

There was always a lot of pressure and for the most part my co-workers and myself always helped one another.

Hardest part about my job was the crimes being committed, especially when a child was involved.

What I learned and the challenges were the most enjoyable.
Pros
Always something new to be learned
Cons
I was not fond of working weekends
Professional Company to work for.
Senior Corporal (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Our days were always busy and never ending, there was always
more work to be done than personnel to do it.

I had some wonderful people who I submitted to as supervisors and
some great training classes that I was able to take.

The hardest part of the job was shift work and trying to juggle that
with the family. Easier on the single person but hard on families.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who
had your back , they were like family.
Pros
Professional Office to work for.
Cons
Shift work can be hard to do for some.
Sheriff and his Command Staff are horrible to work for.
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 19, 2015
The current Sheriff is a narcissistic bully who is more concerned about his political career then the welfare of the employees. Most of the members of his command staff are incompetent and also more concerned about themselves rather than the employees. About 70 percent of the employees are good hard working people who are dedicated to the job, the other 30 percent are worthless and corrupt to include the command staff and several of the supervisors.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
The current Sheriff and his command staff
Excellent place to work with a unique family culture.
Human Resources Generalist / Exec Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Every day at work was different, which it made the job interesting and challenging. An agenda might have been planned, but never was followed due to incidents and priorities arising from the day to day work issues. However, the work interaction and support from Management Team made the process easy to follow and work towards fair solutions.
Pros
excellent benefits and healthy work environment
Cons
work demanded so much that at times was easy to forget about a personal life.
If you can, work at another agency in the Tampa Bay area
Administrative Bureau (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FlMarch 8, 2014
I only worked there for a little over 4 months, but coming from another large law enforcement agency, I will say that Manatee Co. Sheriff's office has a long way to go in many areas of their operations. The majority of the staff are nice and friendly, but the overall culture of the agency isn't good. Professionalism is lacking, especially in the Corrections Bureau. I've never seen so many negative news reports and publications regarding a law enforcement agency in my entire career. I understand why turnover is so high at this agency. There is no desire for growth or progression. Everyone there is content in doing things the way it has always been done.
Cons
they pay for civilian employees is next to nothing.
Don't work for this agency
Patrol Deputy within the Enforcement Division (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 20, 2012
I was a Patrol Deputy and was recognized by several agencies etc for my work. I had a person make one false allegation against me, and this Sheriff's Office threw me under the bus. I lost everything, was found not guilty, but the Sheriff would not reenstate me. This Sheriff's office is the bottom feeders....the entire Delta team was either arrested or fired due to planting evidence, using drugs, and stealing......just a word to the wise
Pros
learned my law enforcement trade, worked with the best explorer post in the state.
Cons
supervisoion is lousy, and they do not properly investigate complaints against officers
Work at the MCSO was very interesting and fascinating.
Warrants Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 26, 2012
New warrants (Felony and Misdemeanor) were logged in, a file created for each, and the information was passed on to the deputies. Kept track of out-of-county holds and was trained on the teletype. I was FCIC/NCIC trained. I learned so much about Manatee County and the Criminal Justice System. Working with law enforcement was very exciting and non-stop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the deputies and the hardest part of the job was sometimes seeing the worst of Manatee County.
Pros
healthcare, very tight-knit group.
Cons
dealing with some very hard-core criminals.
MCSO is a great place to work.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 22, 2014
The people do make the difference, you will find negative personalities no matter where you work, but the majoritiy of the employees at MCSO are positive and enjoy what they do. I am very appreciative of the experience I gained while working at the Sheriff's office.
Pros
good people
Cons
can not think of any
Fun to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 24, 2014
MCSO was a very easy job. I worked in data entry and was able to work at my own pace. It was close to home and paid well. The managers were not very nice, but respectable.I really enjoyed the atmosphere of working there and that everyone there was in it forever.
Law Enforcement Officer
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 24, 2013
Law Enforcement Officer. Patrol areas for crime and Crime Prevention. Ranks/Positions held, Supply Officer, Sgt. Lt and Captain. Internal Investigations for new hires and officer issues related to General Orders
Good County to work for
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 14, 2012
Calls for service and traffic stops. Conducted investigations and wrote arrest reports.
Pros
benifits
Cons
dangerous
Excellent place to work
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 17, 2013
I loved my job as a deputy with the Manatee County Sheriff's Office. I enjoyed working for such a professional department, with so many wonderful and caring people. It was a honor to be a deputy for one of the greatest departments in the state of Florida. I took pride in providing a safe enviroment and serving the citizens of Manatee County. Working in the community in which I grew up was an incredible experience that brought me much pride as a Deputy and as a individual citizen.The opportunities, education and experiences I was afforded while employed at MCSO gave me the foundation for my future in law enforcement. The aspect I loved most about my job while employed there was being able to help people in need. I enjoyed teaching the school children and public on how to be safe. The aspect of my job that I liked the least was working accidents where someone had died. I had to inform the family about their love one dying in the accident and that was very difficult at times.
Pros
awesome people to work around.great benefits and advancement.everyday is something new.
Cons
there will be times you have to work in diverse weather conditions and under extreme pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manatee County Sheriff's Office. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2