Manatee Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice co-workers
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 30, 2015
This is not the worst place to work as most of my co-workers are helpful and considerate. Management is however not what it should be. Very poor communication to others that are not Physicians or Nursing Staff. Support staff is not treated very well and overlooked.
Raises for hard workers who have been there for years is terrible. This make people feel unappreciated and not recognized for their loyalty and contribution. Benefits are average with health care getting more expensive over the years.
Pros
Co-workers and patients. Benefits
Cons
Breaks and under staffing.
Horrible work environment
RRT (Current Employee) –  Respiratory departmentSeptember 1, 2015
I currently work as a registered respiratory therapist at MMH. The environment and culture here is absurd. There is no focus on quality patient care. Its all about generating a revenue with minimal staff. This place is a danger to all customers, including staff. My department is ran horribly. The management here is so completely disconnected from what REAL patient care is all about. My own department manager is a joke. The only good thing about this department is the secretary. She is the glue that keeps this department together. The 'experienced' respiratory therapists aren't even registered. They are all certified. Their modes of ventilation are archaic and their 'unit therapsits' are dumber than dog doo doo on a stick.
A tech in the er and her (former) police man boyfriend in the er were fired and charges pressed against both of them for impersonating a law enforcement officer, to bully a nurse via email. What kind of juvenile mentality is this? I would never bring an enemy here, let alone a loved one.
Pros
Some decent looking nurses, dr liebling (hottie)
Cons
Everything else
Exciting Place to work. No day is the same.
OR Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I know the cases that are scheduled, some days when I come in to work there could be anywhere from 4 or more add on cases to be done. I have learned not to take some things said personal, that it is not directed towards me. My co-workers are hard working and just want to be respected and know that management has their back. The hardest part of the job is some attitudes that you have to listen to. The most enjoyable part is dealing with patients and their families and making sure everything is in order for the next day.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No personal days, no paid holidays unless you work that holida, You have to use your PTO when sick or off for the holiday.
Great teamwork with slightly unbalanced management
PCS/Unit assistant II (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FloridaJuly 12, 2015
At Manatee Memorial I worked as a patient care technician as well as a unit assistant. I would be responsible for all patient care as far as hygiene, toileting, ambulating, etc. On days I would be a unit assistant I would enter in doctors orders, answer the unit telephones, call out consults, and organize and clean the nurses station. I worked with amazing hard working people. Everyone was willing to help each other out, and all call bells were answered in a timely fashion. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, but connecting with the patients was the most enjoyable part of my job. You hear so many different background and life stories. I can't imagine going into a different career field than the healthcare industry.
Pros
great teamwork, fair break times, great restocking of supplies by central, easy charting system
Cons
low pay compensation, overflowing job responsibilities, poor management, unorganized floating protocol
Great teaching hospital
RN (Registered Nurse) Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 13, 2016
Great hospital to be a part of. CNO is amazing. There are a lot of resident doctors on site around the clock to assist with patient orders. Doctors are friendly, CEO is friendly. Nurse directors are easy to talk to. Great hospital in a beautiful location by Riverwalk.
Pros
CNO is amazing and easily available. Shift hound for self scheduling.
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio of 6:1 on med/surg floor.
Excellent Co-workers and interesting patients
Radiologic/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 3, 2015
I worked at this facility for eight years and enjoyed it most of the time, my coworkers were great and everyone works together! Management had constant scheduling issues so schedule was constantly being changed in spite of full time status. Stayed on night shift for eight years despite my numerous requests for different shift, seniority and loyalty not respected at this facility!
Good Environment, Awesome People
Certified Nursing Assistant Bradenton (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Alot to learn in the hospital setting. Management is professional and helpful as well as the nurses in the hospital as well.
Pros
Experience, Good health insurance
Cons
Food is not very good
fun work place
diatary (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 18, 2016
my typical day would be to getting to know new patience, as well as making friends with long term patience that have been in the hospital for a while. the hardest part of my job was being away from my kids because I would work 12 hour shifts. and the part I enjoyed the most was the interaction with so many people and getting to know them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Loved the job I did -very interesting every day
Core Measure Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 31, 2015
I rounded on all units to do concurrent review of charts, looking for required documentation pertaining to the established standards of the hospital. I reviewed charts for the purpose of processing AMI, CHF, SCIP, VTE, Pneumonia, Moderate sedation reviews of discharged patients. I also reviewed charts for Mortality Reviews. It impressed upon me the importance of accureate documentation of all care given to patients. Some of my co-workers were not team players but for the most part - our office worked efficiently. The hardest part of the job was educating the physicians of what needed to be documented to be in compliance with the standards. The most enjoyable part of the job was realizing the success in meeting standards as a result of my educating staff and physicians.
Pros
reduced lunches, provided continuing education, good healthcare benefits
Cons
PTO hours
Learned a lot
Unit Assistant/Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 11, 2015
I have been at Manatee Memorial for over 2 years and I have learned a lot. Unfortunally I have barely recieved $1 in a raise in the two years I have been here so I feel it is time to move on.
Poor Working Environment
Unit Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 3, 2015
Worked here as a Unit Assistant. I was trained as a secretary, but did not get any training as a nurse tech. Every time I was suppose to train they pulled me to work as a secretary. So I was never trained when it came to patient care. Everything I did was wrong, but I was doing the same things every other tech was doing. Also I asked for some training and my manager said I had plenty of training. Which was not true. No one tough me how to chart in the system. So I kept getting in trouble for not charting everything. Finally my boss sat me down and went the the system. That was good, but then I would sit down to try and go through the system myself I got yelled at because I wasn't allowed to sit at the nurses station (which is the only place there were computers. Also most of the charge nurses on the unit were not nice to the techs. Also I would cover for my co-worker, and he would take 2 half hour breaks, and a full hour for lunch. We were allowed 2 15 and on half hour. So by time he took his break I sometimes didn't have time for my break. And if I did I would come back and all my call lights would be on because he wouldn't answer mine, even after when he came back from his break his lights were all answered. Then I would get in trouble because all my lights were on. Lastly, when I was a the desk I was demanded to help answer call lights, but if someone else was at the desk, they didn't have to help answer call lights.
Cons
I would work there again if they hired LPNs
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 1, 2015
Awesome place to work well I can only speak for 4NT Med surg.
I got along with everyone there and they work with your schedule.
Pros
bonus working on your day off
Cons
30 min lunch break
had a great time my first year was fun exciting pay desecnt
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 28, 2013
even though I worked my butt off I had fun in the mean time people was very nice for at least 4months. Constant moving and working was great for me I like doing that, as new management was slowly coming in and the hospital cutting employees and hours to save money it got very ugly and negative. people with higher job responsibility start to lie on you just because they may not like you and because they are friends with more powerful people who can see to it you being fired.
Pros
good opportunity gor a career pay is ok good enviroment to work
Cons
people smh, don't be a per diem worker never will be happy favortisim
Not my cup of tea.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Extremely disorganized, lack of urgency, lots of complaints from staff members, coworkers were not accepting of new staff. Nobody wanted to go above and beyond. Very lazy staff, and people were not there for the right reasons. I was very disappointed with the work environment.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Negative environment.
Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 4, 2015
No other hospital experience to compare to; however from hearing about other organizations this one is comparable. Staffing is usually short, hours vary, and compensation is average.
N/a
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 12, 2015
This job was the first job I had as a nurse. I worked night shifts at this company. Nights were often short staffed and over the ratio for patients. For a nurse right out school I don't think this was a good experience for me.
Floridian work ethic
Phlebotomist/ PRN Blood draws for labs (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 26, 2015
I am retired military. There is a nonexistent chain of command at MMH. The review process is not based on fact. I was not reviewed due to the fact that I was considered a contract employee. However, I observed behavior that would predicate termination at most companies.
Pros
great market for patients.
Cons
out of control employees. Filthy working conditions. Patients ignored by telecommuting staff.
No breaks and a lot of overtime for OR
OR staff (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 18, 2013
If you are applying to the OR be prepared for no breaks and a lot of call. You get paid for it, but you will have absolutely NO work/life balance. Management only cares for the surgeons and will work their employees whatever hours are necessary with limited amount of staff members.
Pros
pay for call and overtime
Cons
no/very late breaks, overtime required, call required
Excellent
Psychiatric RN Intake RN and Unit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Manatee Memorial is an excellent hospital to work at. I learned Intake triage of psychiatric patient and I have prior E.R experience. I also adjusted to working night shifts. Management was very professional and my co-workers hired by management were very ethical professional and easy to work with.The hardest part of the job was when our unit closed and having to part from wonderful team co-workers. The job was enjoyable challenging and rewarding.
Pros
great hospital
Cons
unit closed
Great place to work, great co-workers, and hospital staff
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 28, 2015
• Preparing, processing and coordinating all correspondence relating to the credentialing process for appoint/reappointment for Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals.
• Conducting all review and reporting procedures in accordance with TJC (The Joint Commission), and NCQA standards. Responsible for maintaining compliance within these standards.
• Notifying new appointees and appropriate departments of appointment and privileges as granted by the Board of Governor’s.
• Following through with Committee recommendations and correspondence and channel decisions, directive and/or recommendations.
• Preparing monthly agendas, and meeting reminders.
• Tracking and maintaining current copies of licensures, DEA and liability insurance and verification of such.
• Recording Medical Staff CME Program credits and preparing yearly CME Certificates.
• Provide new, revised and updated privilege lists to master book and appropriate departments.
• Queries NPDB, DPR and all other boards as appropriate on all members of the Medical Staff of those practioners, AHP’s granted clinical privileges at the time of initial appointment elevation, reappointment or when additional or new privileges are requested.
• Assuming role of the Medical Staff Manager in his/her absence.
Pros
Good Salary, Benefits, 401K, etc

Manatee Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location