Manatee Memorial Hospital

Manatee Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

productive
PCS/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 5, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. Management was ok. I loved working with most of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to find a parking space that wasn't on the 3rd level. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i really loved it.
Thety take their protocols very seriously. They abide by their rule, but it is very enjoyable.
X -RAY TECH II (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I worked at manatee for 10 years. I enjoyed the work and protocols. What I didn't like, they didn't supervised the supervisors. Some let their position get into deep in their head and get carried away. they do some damages and some hurtful things.
work place
Food & Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Very face pace work place, you learn alot of different things.its a wonderful place to work . you learn alot of new things when you work at a hospital.you help nurses and help patients at times.
team work is key
System Coordinator, Supply Chain (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Management is very good, keeps employees on all levels informed and really care about feedback
Excellent
Psychiatric RN Intake RN and Unit Nurse (Former Employee), Bradenton FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great hospital
Cons: unit closed
Manatee Memorial is an excellent hospital to work at. I learned Intake triage of psychiatric patient and I have prior E.R experience. I also adjusted to working night shifts. Management was very professional and my co-workers hired by management were very ethical professional and easy to work with.The hardest part of the job was when our unit closed and having to part from wonderful team co-workers. The job was enjoyable challenging and rewarding.
The Manager on the floor I was on did not follow JCO rules and asked for documentation to be altered to cover for another nurse. Bad, very bad.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Bradenton, FloridaSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day would start out with 6 patients, and getting the assessments and first wave of medications to the patients.
This was not bad, I was able to provide care to my patients. The culture was the problem.

Some of the nurses were very Cliquey. If a patient had atlered LOC, some of the nurses did not want the patient and wanted it switched. If a patient came from the County jail, they would look up the criminal record and decide if they wanted to take care of that patient or not. They laughed and joked when a drug addicted patient fell in their room because the nurse did not answer the call light.

As I stated before, my manager wanted me to document things I did not do, that su[supposedly another nurse did, but I did not witness. I refused. I was also asked to change my notes and documentation to cover the errors of another nurse.

The most enjoyable part was working with the patients.
Easy to get a long with staff.
Radiologist Technician Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLoridaSeptember 16, 2014
I volunteer there for school. I've learned a lot about the functions of a hospital.
drawing blood
Drawing blood, reading lab test, assistant (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Assist with drawing blood and type and cross..urine testin
Truley is one big family
IS HELPDESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 15, 2014
The culture at Manatee Memorial Hospital is that of a close knit family.
Great place to work.
Chaplain (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: sick patients
I really enjoy going to work at Manatee Memorial Hospital. I enjoy assisting patients and their families. It is great seeing patients improve and get excited about gong home.
Accomplish all
Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: yes on holidays
Cons: 30 min luch break
A typical day at work, would be as always from the start to finish. I learn that we all need to work as a team and help one another. My co-workers are always willing and help each other when possible. The hardest part of the job would be when forms or med-rec are not sign by physicians when patients are being transfer to a rehab facility. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all work is done and you had accomplish all there was to be done the right way.
Nursing on behavioral health unit.
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: staffing ratios
Nursing care on behavioral health unit for adult patients. Work night shift, 7p-7a. Love working 3 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. Pay is comparable. Some really great nurses there.
Productive, Educational, Understaffed
Charge Nurse/RN, CCU (Former Employee), Bradenton FloridaJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment, excellent team work
Cons: understaffed, inappropriate admissions
A a typical day at work included getting report on my patients/the unit if I were in charge. They were 12hr shifts. I worked 7p-7a. I worked at MMH for 2 years. I learned so much, my experience as an RN only grew. I learned how to pull cardiac catheters after a cardiac intervention,that was a skill I had never learned and learned more about the heart and ECG that I had ever known. I can thank the CCU for training me on all of the heart education that I gained. My coworkers were the best part about the job. There was such great team work, I have never worked with such wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of my job was being understaffed, having three critical patients in the ICU/CCU is a very difficult job, but with my good time management, I did it to the standard I was held to. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers, the made work fun and enjoyable.
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLSeptember 10, 2013
The Overall experience at this company was rewarding, the management was supportive and I found the doctors and ancillary staff to be knowledgebale. I would recomed this facility as a A rated facility in health care and staffing
Great learning environment
RN (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 28, 2013
Pros: feeling good about myself for helping others.
Cons: feeling terrible for not being able to do more.
Worked 3-11 shift on a 24 bed med/surg floor. Received report from 7-3 shift. Admitted, assessed patients, administered meds, dressing changes, wound care, patient education, pre op and post op care, carried out Dr.'s orders, post mortum care, started IV's, assisted MD's with procedures at patient's bedside, Communicated with other departments of hospital,
Learned how to manage time and deligate.
Management was for the most part very supportive, especially as a new grad and new RN. Being short staffed and not getting the help that was sometimes needed was frustrating since my priority was patient safety.
Great team work amongst co workers. Always helping each other.
Most difficult part of this job was wanting to do more for the patients but time and staffing situations would not allow that a at times.
Most enjoyable part of this job was helping and caring for others. Knowing what I was doing was making a difference for others.
had a great time my first year was fun exciting pay desecnt
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good opportunity gor a career pay is ok good enviroment to work
Cons: people smh, don't be a per diem worker never will be happy favortisim
even though I worked my butt off I had fun in the mean time people was very nice for at least 4months. Constant moving and working was great for me I like doing that, as new management was slowly coming in and the hospital cutting employees and hours to save money it got very ugly and negative. people with higher job responsibility start to lie on you just because they may not like you and because they are friends with more powerful people who can see to it you being fired.
Registrar/Admitting (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 23, 2013
Pros: learning experience, always actively working
Cons: no lunch breaks, too much overtime
I learned how to work more in depth with medical billing and coding, stayed very busy its a good environment, always a chance for overtime whether you want it or not, on your feet throughout the whole shift, stay busy with different tasks, stay active, the scene was always different was able to interact with different patients and learn something new everyday, was able to see different medical emergency everyday. The hardest part was having to give up a lunch break after working a twelve hours shift three days in a row. Having continuously working 18 hours of overtime and when requesting a weekend off or a holiday not being approved sometimes being over worked because of the short staff and not being able to have a break or spend time with family. Really awesome job to have except for some cons here and there. The job was not hard if your willing to learn it as I was. I learned a lot and would go back but only if the situation was different. Working as a team even if the Manager wasn't on board. Benefits was a plus and bonus was also good.
Lab assistant (Former Employee), Bradenton, flApril 25, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime and extra hours
Cons: short staffed
I enjoyed working here, great people and great location! Always busy but everyone is friendly and willing to help!
No breaks and a lot of overtime for OR
OR staff (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: pay for call and overtime
Cons: no/very late breaks, overtime required, call required
If you are applying to the OR be prepared for no breaks and a lot of call. You get paid for it, but you will have absolutely NO work/life balance. Management only cares for the surgeons and will work their employees whatever hours are necessary with limited amount of staff members.
Productive very busy ER
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Manatee, FLMarch 3, 2013
Always busy in the ER. Worked 12 hours shifts. Co-workers were good people to work with but, always short staffed. Had 3 different nurse managers while working there which made it very hard. I loved taking care of all my patients.