Manatee Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Positive patient oriented hospital
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 9, 2017
A great place to work with caring and understanding coworkers and management. Always open to helping you improve. Servicing the Bradenton, FL medical area needs
Pros
Great technical environment/ the opportunity to teach others a skill
Cons
Early morning rounds
Excellent Facility to Learn
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 3, 2017
This hospital has friendly staff who is willing to teach students. Many learning opportunities as well as many job opportunities.
Productive hospital, education, computerized
Nurse Manager on the Oncology (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 3, 2017
worked for 15 years. Started as staff RN and advanced in the years to Nurse Manager. Saw the rise of computerized charting, med administration, and order taking. Learned as an oncology nurse to access and care of different IV lines such as; Ports, Piccs, Groshung, chest tubes and others. My Co-workers were kind, hard working and compassionate. In crisis we all worked closely together to assist each other for better patient outcomes. The most joy that I acquire from my position was to see the wonderful outcomes of cancer survivors and at the end of my employment at Manatee, the most difficult was to keep pushing the nurses for better time management, and better Gallup scores. With the mounting computer work, that personal touch which we used to give the patients was slowly being lost.
Pros
Nurses week, gifts and free lunch
Cons
punching in and out for lunch and had to be exact, no overtime, better time management with mounting computer work
hardly have time for break
ULTRASOUND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 23, 2016
overwork, less break, hectic, very busy, friendly coworkers, feels like I was always rushed. I enjoy the company and friendly bosses. I learned a lot from my coworkers, they are helpful.
I love my job I love helping people and making people happy and that's what I plan to do
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 8, 2016
Manatee Memorial Hospital is a good hospital but it lacks management. Me and several other employees have been talked down to and mistreated. we all have reported it and nothing had been done and supervisors and our management continued to do what they did to us.
good hospital
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 4, 2016
mmh is a great hospital to work for. they have a lot of learning opportunities and chances to advance your career. they have a diverse patient population
Worse place. to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 12, 2016
I worked at that facility about nine years ago. Clinical managers of the nurses were non caring to the staff. Had their favorites. When bringing up nursing staff shortage issues related to the daily staffing was told we had proper staffing in our unit. No help from
fellow coworkers.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Short staffing
Mmh
RN-ER (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 5, 2016
Great place to work, awesome teamwork, enjoy working w/co-workers available to help when needed. Knowledgeable charge nurses with years of experience.
productive place
UNIT ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Brandenton, FLOctober 3, 2016
Needs improvement in overall quality of leaders. Many don't take their responsibilities as well as they should and ends up with poor customer service.
Very fast paced working environment
ER Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 3, 2016
Always able to voice opinion on certain aspects of criteria in pt care. Excellent collaboration between medical and nursing staff. It was fascinating working with everyone as a team member.
Pros
TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Cons
LONG DRIVE
Great team work and great doctors
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 11, 2016
Very busy environment. Waiting room always packed. Too many patients for the size and staff. Great team work and amazing and kind doctors.
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 27, 2016
i always make sure tp be at work all the co workers has respect for everyone and the management also i always do my job like im supposed too.
Great Evironment
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 22, 2016
Always busy, love the people and have to work hard. 36 hours only 3 days a week which is nice. Love my job, very rewarding. Long shifts, love my four days off though
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Excellent Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  OncologyAugust 16, 2016
Those in management have a heart for the patients and for the employees. At Manatee, employees have a voice and will be heard. Many opportunities available to advance your career.
Wonderful
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 3, 2016
I was a student during my time at Manatee memorial hospital, I enjoyed it very much while I was doing clinical rotations there.
Great place to work!!!!
PCS/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 29, 2016
I loved all 9 years at MMH!!! They became my family!!! Good pay, great benefits! Room for advancement! Open door policy!!! Great teamwork... Great hours...incentives, great raises.....learned a lot!!! Great atmosphere, you could always depend on extra help....and believe it or not, very little drama!!! Supportive mgmt!!!
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
sometimes short staffed
Great teaching hospital
RN (Registered Nurse) Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 13, 2016
Great hospital to be a part of. CNO is amazing. There are a lot of resident doctors on site around the clock to assist with patient orders. Doctors are friendly, CEO is friendly. Nurse directors are easy to talk to. Great hospital in a beautiful location by Riverwalk.
Pros
CNO is amazing and easily available. Shift hound for self scheduling.
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio of 6:1 on med/surg floor.
fun work place
diatary (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 18, 2016
my typical day would be to getting to know new patience, as well as making friends with long term patience that have been in the hospital for a while. the hardest part of my job was being away from my kids because I would work 12 hour shifts. and the part I enjoyed the most was the interaction with so many people and getting to know them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Exciting Place to work. No day is the same.
OR Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I know the cases that are scheduled, some days when I come in to work there could be anywhere from 4 or more add on cases to be done. I have learned not to take some things said personal, that it is not directed towards me. My co-workers are hard working and just want to be respected and know that management has their back. The hardest part of the job is some attitudes that you have to listen to. The most enjoyable part is dealing with patients and their families and making sure everything is in order for the next day.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No personal days, no paid holidays unless you work that holida, You have to use your PTO when sick or off for the holiday.
Good Environment, Awesome People
Certified Nursing Assistant Bradenton (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Alot to learn in the hospital setting. Management is professional and helpful as well as the nurses in the hospital as well.
Pros
Experience, Good health insurance
Cons
Food is not very good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manatee Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Manatee Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location