Manatee Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Under Valued
Registrar/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 5, 2017
My manager would often give me work to do that she did not want to or did not like to do. I never complained and when it came time to raise or promotions she would over look all that was done for her by others.
Outapatient/Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FL 34208September 22, 2017
I was able to interview and meet different patients everyday. I learned about insurance and benefits and how important and essential they are in our lives.
review
Emergency room Charge nurse and preceptor (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Manatee Memorial hospital is a good place to work. The pay is competitive and the benefits are good. There are many different areas of nursing available to explore. The HR department is amazing. Friendly, helpful, and always available to assure you get your needs met.
Busy floor
Medical/Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 25, 2017
Nurse to patient ratios are high, easy to experience burnout from the load. Was hoping to learn more from my experience by my preceptor was not usually available.
Restorative Aide (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 11, 2017
This was one of the most fun places I have ever worked I had the opportunity to go back to school on several occasions for further education and licensure,and certificates to better do my job and cross train to do more in time to step in and help in another area.
Pros
Happy Enviroment
Cons
Not enough help
A very difficult place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 17, 2017
I have worked at MMH in some capacity for over two years. For much of that time, I have enjoyed working there. Recently, I have had a different experience. Unfortunately, over the past few months, nearly every day has ended in tears and I no longer feel I can work in this environment.
pretty good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 5, 2017
best pay locally, patient ratios fair, overall good work environment, I would recommend to anyone. I started as a new RN ventured to other places and have found MMH to be very good
na
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 4, 2017
I would rather not but this is required? And it makes you keep typing or you cannot move forward with your career search. Honestly I don't agree with this function
productive and great team work
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 22, 2017
It was a fun and yet productive job at the same time. The team of associates that I worked with were fun and at the same time we got the job done efficiently and effectively. I enjoyed working with everyone at Manatee Memorial Hospital
Pros
Bonuses, and good Benefits
Cons
Sometimes to much work in a day
Management (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 1, 2017
Learned many skills but the workplace culture took a turn a couple of years ago. The hours became longer and the more responsibilities added to the job with no extra compensation. Staff very unhappy with current director and many left due to staffing issues and personal conflicts with new management style.
Interesting intense place to start as a new nurse
RN Resource Pool Team (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 25, 2017
Great co workers, charge nurse and directors very supportive team work concept and compassionate care holistic care was a priority for everyone and the community
Pros
doctors were willing to share and teach new ways of care
Cons
upper management politics
Great Experiance
NMT, Rehabilitation Aide, Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 8, 2017
Three Aquatic classes a day, an average of 8 NMT PT patients co treated per day, great money, private office and a dozen therapists to ask questions and get solid answers. Learned alot from this place.
Pros
6 AM to 5 PM MWF short days on Tues & Thurs.
fun place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 16, 2017
very relaxed and fun place to work. people are friendly and caring. management is very balanced. doctors are nice. tech and nurses are supportive. good pay
Productive work place
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 29, 2017
Overall a nice hospital and nice productive staff. I feel that for a hospital it should be much cleaner and more organized. Nurses seemed short staffed at times and never really had anything that they wanted me to do or help them with.
flexible
Unit Secretary/Health Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 19, 2017
i really enjoyed my 7 years working at MMH...Unfortunately I made a BAD choice and moved to the ER. I was never able to go the bathroom because of my need to be there at the desk AT ALL times.

I feel the 'charge' nurses were always on my case and looking at my every move. Its funny that after I left, they all left the ER...go figure...
Pros
Cons
no breaks...lunch was over before it started
productive
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
has pros and cons. diverse. high turnover rate. no job advancement opportunities. stable position. decent pay, good incentives and good people to work with
Positive patient oriented hospital
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 9, 2017
A great place to work with caring and understanding coworkers and management. Always open to helping you improve. Servicing the Bradenton, FL medical area needs
Pros
Great technical environment/ the opportunity to teach others a skill
Cons
Early morning rounds
Interactive and Evolving
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Every day at work is something different. It is always busy. We have a hectic Emergency Department, requiring organized patient flow to prevent diversion. I manage two departments, the cardiac nursing unit and the remote telemetry monitoring center. A typical day consists of collaboration with multiple disciplines and departments, to maintain continuity of care, improvement in patient care and patient satisfaction, as well as interaction and daily rounding on the nursing staff. My co-workers are team players, with a desire to succeed and help others succeed. We are well oiled machines and can count on one another on any given day. The hardest part of the job is the expectations of the nursing department directors, without having managers or assistant managers to help with any of the quality control or process improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients improve and go home, as well as seeing my staff happy with their accomplishments and striving to do better daily.

I have learned the difficult balance of patient and staff satisfaction. I have learned how to elevate the nursing staff and to improve our patient satisfaction and outcomes. I have learned how to investigate and drill down on issues that can be improved on. I have learned the process of developing and implementing education and training. Our management team is supportive of each other as well as the staff. You can count on anyone here to help you improve and to promote excellence throughout the facility.
Pros
A great working environment that feels like family.
Cons
Often work through lunch, mentally and emotionally exhausting.
Excellent Facility to Learn
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 3, 2017
This hospital has friendly staff who is willing to teach students. Many learning opportunities as well as many job opportunities.
Productive hospital, education, computerized
Nurse Manager on the Oncology (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 3, 2017
worked for 15 years. Started as staff RN and advanced in the years to Nurse Manager. Saw the rise of computerized charting, med administration, and order taking. Learned as an oncology nurse to access and care of different IV lines such as; Ports, Piccs, Groshung, chest tubes and others. My Co-workers were kind, hard working and compassionate. In crisis we all worked closely together to assist each other for better patient outcomes. The most joy that I acquire from my position was to see the wonderful outcomes of cancer survivors and at the end of my employment at Manatee, the most difficult was to keep pushing the nurses for better time management, and better Gallup scores. With the mounting computer work, that personal touch which we used to give the patients was slowly being lost.
Pros
Nurses week, gifts and free lunch
Cons
punching in and out for lunch and had to be exact, no overtime, better time management with mounting computer work