Manatee Memorial Hospital

Manatee Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

A place where people work together for a cause
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Work that makes you feel your accomplishing good for the community
Cons: Not enough people for the demand
The thrift store is a place of dedication to the volunteers that show up. It is in high demand with all the giving from the customers that give so much. The money is used to help many organizations
Great teamwork with slightly unbalanced management
PCS/Unit assistant II (Former Employee), Bradenton, FloridaJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great teamwork, fair break times, great restocking of supplies by central, easy charting system
Cons: low pay compensation, overflowing job responsibilities, poor management, unorganized floating protocol
At Manatee Memorial I worked as a patient care technician as well as a unit assistant. I would be responsible for all patient care as far as hygiene, toileting, ambulating, etc. On days I would be a unit assistant I would enter in doctors orders, answer the unit telephones, call out consults, and organize and clean the nurses station. I worked with amazing hard working people. Everyone was willing to help each other out, and all call bells were answered in a timely fashion. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, but connecting with the patients was the most enjoyable part of my job. You hear so many different background and life stories. I can't imagine going into a different career field than the healthcare industry.
Great place to work, good benefits, family like atmosphere
RN Staff nurse (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Always learning
Was a patient advocate. Helped client to understand about their illness and taught them how to manage their illness after discharge to home. Resource person for student nurses.
I miss working for this company. It was a great, organized place to work.
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: Overtime, large corporation, friendly
Cons: Lack of staffing
I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed working for Manatee Memorial. A very large corporation with good opportunity. Loved working overtime and was always given the extra hours when needed.
Learned a lot
Unit Assistant/Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 11, 2015
I have been at Manatee Memorial for over 2 years and I have learned a lot. Unfortunally I have barely recieved $1 in a raise in the two years I have been here so I feel it is time to move on.
Loved the job I did -very interesting every day
Core Measure Coordinator (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: reduced lunches, provided continuing education, good healthcare benefits
Cons: PTO hours
I rounded on all units to do concurrent review of charts, looking for required documentation pertaining to the established standards of the hospital. I reviewed charts for the purpose of processing AMI, CHF, SCIP, VTE, Pneumonia, Moderate sedation reviews of discharged patients. I also reviewed charts for Mortality Reviews. It impressed upon me the importance of accureate documentation of all care given to patients. Some of my co-workers were not team players but for the most part - our office worked efficiently. The hardest part of the job was educating the physicians of what needed to be documented to be in compliance with the standards. The most enjoyable part of the job was realizing the success in meeting standards as a result of my educating staff and physicians.
Great place to work, great co-workers, and hospital staff
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good Salary, Benefits, 401K, etc
• Preparing, processing and coordinating all correspondence relating to the credentialing process for appoint/reappointment for Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals.
• Conducting all review and reporting procedures in accordance with TJC (The Joint Commission), and NCQA standards. Responsible for maintaining compliance within these standards.
• Notifying new appointees and appropriate departments of appointment and privileges as granted by the Board of Governor’s.
• Following through with Committee recommendations and correspondence and channel decisions, directive and/or recommendations.
• Preparing monthly agendas, and meeting reminders.
• Tracking and maintaining current copies of licensures, DEA and liability insurance and verification of such.
• Recording Medical Staff CME Program credits and preparing yearly CME Certificates.
• Provide new, revised and updated privilege lists to master book and appropriate departments.
• Queries NPDB, DPR and all other boards as appropriate on all members of the Medical Staff of those practioners, AHP’s granted clinical privileges at the time of initial appointment elevation, reappointment or when additional or new privileges are requested.
• Assuming role of the Medical Staff Manager in his/her absence.
productive
PCS/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 5, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. Management was ok. I loved working with most of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to find a parking space that wasn't on the 3rd level. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i really loved it.
Thety take their protocols very seriously. They abide by their rule, but it is very enjoyable.
X -RAY TECH II (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I worked at manatee for 10 years. I enjoyed the work and protocols. What I didn't like, they didn't supervised the supervisors. Some let their position get into deep in their head and get carried away. they do some damages and some hurtful things.
work place
Food & Nutrition Hostess (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Very face pace work place, you learn alot of different things.its a wonderful place to work . you learn alot of new things when you work at a hospital.you help nurses and help patients at times.
team work is key
System Coordinator, Supply Chain (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Management is very good, keeps employees on all levels informed and really care about feedback
Excellent
Psychiatric RN Intake RN and Unit Nurse (Former Employee), Bradenton FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great hospital
Cons: unit closed
Manatee Memorial is an excellent hospital to work at. I learned Intake triage of psychiatric patient and I have prior E.R experience. I also adjusted to working night shifts. Management was very professional and my co-workers hired by management were very ethical professional and easy to work with.The hardest part of the job was when our unit closed and having to part from wonderful team co-workers. The job was enjoyable challenging and rewarding.
The Manager on the floor I was on did not follow JCO rules and asked for documentation to be altered to cover for another nurse. Bad, very bad.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Bradenton, FloridaSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day would start out with 6 patients, and getting the assessments and first wave of medications to the patients.
This was not bad, I was able to provide care to my patients. The culture was the problem.

Some of the nurses were very Cliquey. If a patient had atlered LOC, some of the nurses did not want the patient and wanted it switched. If a patient came from the County jail, they would look up the criminal record and decide if they wanted to take care of that patient or not. They laughed and joked when a drug addicted patient fell in their room because the nurse did not answer the call light.

As I stated before, my manager wanted me to document things I did not do, that su[supposedly another nurse did, but I did not witness. I refused. I was also asked to change my notes and documentation to cover the errors of another nurse.

The most enjoyable part was working with the patients.
Easy to get a long with staff.
Radiologist Technician Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLoridaSeptember 16, 2014
I volunteer there for school. I've learned a lot about the functions of a hospital.
drawing blood
Drawing blood, reading lab test, assistant (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Assist with drawing blood and type and cross..urine testin
Truley is one big family
IS HELPDESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 15, 2014
The culture at Manatee Memorial Hospital is that of a close knit family.
Great place to work.
Chaplain (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: sick patients
I really enjoy going to work at Manatee Memorial Hospital. I enjoy assisting patients and their families. It is great seeing patients improve and get excited about gong home.
Accomplish all
Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: yes on holidays
Cons: 30 min luch break
A typical day at work, would be as always from the start to finish. I learn that we all need to work as a team and help one another. My co-workers are always willing and help each other when possible. The hardest part of the job would be when forms or med-rec are not sign by physicians when patients are being transfer to a rehab facility. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all work is done and you had accomplish all there was to be done the right way.
Nursing on behavioral health unit.
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: staffing ratios
Nursing care on behavioral health unit for adult patients. Work night shift, 7p-7a. Love working 3 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. Pay is comparable. Some really great nurses there.
Productive, Educational, Understaffed
Charge Nurse/RN, CCU (Former Employee), Bradenton FloridaJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment, excellent team work
Cons: understaffed, inappropriate admissions
A a typical day at work included getting report on my patients/the unit if I were in charge. They were 12hr shifts. I worked 7p-7a. I worked at MMH for 2 years. I learned so much, my experience as an RN only grew. I learned how to pull cardiac catheters after a cardiac intervention,that was a skill I had never learned and learned more about the heart and ECG that I had ever known. I can thank the CCU for training me on all of the heart education that I gained. My coworkers were the best part about the job. There was such great team work, I have never worked with such wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of my job was being understaffed, having three critical patients in the ICU/CCU is a very difficult job, but with my good time management, I did it to the standard I was held to. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers, the made work fun and enjoyable.

Manatee Memorial Hospital Salaries