Mancan Employee Reviews

A typical day at mancan
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 10, 2017
On a typical day I would walk in sit at my desk and begin answering phone calls. For each person that called in I would look up their name in our database and add or fix any info that was needed. For jobs that needed to be filled we would look at all the call ins and see who would be a good fit for the desired position. After the people were selected we would set up a group interview and go over the job that they would be doing we also would perform drug test at that time. Every week we would process payroll. I also would file paperwork, receive and apply to emails daily
Pros
same hours everyday
Cons
it would take time to get jobs filled
Helpful staff. Did their best at placing me.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 8, 2017
The girls in the office worked hard to place me. I enjoyed both places they found me jobs but both were temp which I knew going into. They r good about getting payroll in and I always got my checks direct deposited several days early. There arnt many office jobs in the area but they tried their best to find me work.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
None because the jobs were temps and I knew that going in
Worst place ever
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJanuary 5, 2017
These people are all trash. For some reason they think they are better than you. They talk down to you. They do not care one bit about their employees. Also they do not consider your talents and abilities while placing you in a job, because they only care about their greedy selves and what money you can make for them. I do not recommend this rat hole at all. Stay far away.
Pros
Quick money
Cons
Everything else
Good place to find work when needed.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR/MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHDecember 7, 2016
Mancan does a good job of finding you work when it's tough to find work on your own. Most of their temporary assignments can lead to permanent employment with the contracted company.
Pros
Will find you work
Cons
If the company CEO you are placed with implements a hiring freeze, you are at a dead end job.
No job security
Office Management (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 8, 2016
Mancan will send you on an "indefinite" position and a random person working in Canton will call you and let you know you do not need to return to work on the next day. This is Mancan's policy. Very unprofessional, knowing before their main branch closes that you will be unemployed the next day.
Multitasking is a must
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 2, 2017
This is a very busy company that requires you to be able to multitask to an extreme. You have to be able to answer the phone, interview a potential employee, answer emails and be able to enter all the data in at one time.
Its a temp agency, nothing to write home about
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 19, 2017
It's your average temp agency, nothing different than any other temp agency. Why do I have to write this stupid review, I don't have 150 characters of things to say about this place.
Meadowlands casino kitchen crew
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Meadowlands casinoSeptember 11, 2016
While working there almost two weeks very poor training chefs and dishwasher in edr department treated me disrespectful. People at the Meadowlands are miserable and treat you poorly but the pay is weekly.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Bad training at the meadowlands casino people are miserable
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 29, 2017
I learned to take on multiple responsibilities and more about the labor filed and what is expected of me. I also learned how to work with others better and how to handle high pressure situations
Pros
Money
Work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Get training on the job, it's not bad for temporary jobs, If you want specific shifts, and they basically rat hole you in to whatever shifts they want you in
Pros
get insurance through Mancan
Cons
short breaks
Easy going
Laborer- Packaging (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 7, 2017
Typical work day was you showed up clocked in and packaged what need to be shipped out that day everyone got along. Manger would listen to what you had to say if you would have any questions.
Always placed me in a temp job. Pay was not that great though
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHSeptember 2, 2016
I worked at various Factories so the job changed with each new assignment. My co-workers changed with each new assignment so it is very difficult to give an accurate assessment of what a day at work or what my co-workers where like.
Good place to go when looking for work.
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHNovember 28, 2016
Mancan helped me find mutiple jobs in the past, they were always right there to help when they found something in my interests. I worked multiple jobs through them.
Dont do it!
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Worked for Mancan for years they never found me full time work. They're more concerned about themselves constantly took pay cuts bouncing job to job. If you never want to get hired it's the place for you, if you want a real job go somewhere else!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJanuary 10, 2017
They were very helpful when I was trying to find work. They have many connections and are able to help people find employment in areas that they would not venture.
fast hiring proccess
Temp agent (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 29, 2016
Mancan sticks you in a lot of general labor positions, which pay slave money for slave work. However like I said the hiring process is FAST, easy, no hassle. So if youre newly out of work or in a situation where you need honest income. this is the place.
Pros
fast hiring, weekly paycheck
Cons
slave work, take your job home every day.
they came throw
Laborer (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 14, 2016
They have helpped me out a lot they send you to temporary jobs some temp to hier but mostly temp but they are good help if you are in bad need for a job
productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 12, 2016
I work at a job for them and i was told it would be Monday to Friday from them and when i started the job i found out that it was a Monday to Sunday job' so i did't see my kids much
Pros
good money
Cons
could't see my kids as much as i would like to have
good place to start
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 8, 2016
I have learned a lot working through MANCAN and going to different jobs as I am needed. The only downfall is the stability of your job as you never know how long you will be employed,though it is a great company to start at young and to gain some skills and experience.
they are unhelpful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 20, 2016
They are unhelpful. They give no warning about The credibility of the jobs they offer. Not quite sure what else to say it is your typical temp agency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mancan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9