Mancan Employee Reviews

lied out of a job
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  blacksburg scFebruary 19, 2015
I worked was pleased with the staff that I worked with. The were very kind and concerned. I worked for a different location for about a month. The on site location I was at ran out of materials and I was told to call in to see if I was working. For three weeks I was lied to by a Man can worker. I found out when I went to the location to see what was going on. The other workers were working the whole time I was out. The Man can employee who I corresponded with was sent a text. I called her, she called me back and spoke to me in an iraite tone. I calmly told her I just wanted to know what was going on. Was I let go? She said yes. I said OK and thank you. 3 weeks had gone by and I'm sure she could have told me this three weeks ago.... I don't like temp agencies because some of them are messy. They do not care about the people they hurt or lives they destroy. Nothing can be done about it because people need work. I was let go for no good reason. I was to work on time, never had any complaints against me, just lied to and let go.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
lack of organization
warehouse jobs
warehouse jobs (Former Employee) –  canton, OhioFebruary 18, 2015
I was finally able to get a job (they take there good old time at finding you a job) i started working and was called by MANCAN and told we didn't have a job anymore cause the assignment ended but would have me come back when work came in and they lied about that cause my sister still has a job there and mancan called her boyfriend in to work at the same place after I had been calling every day since being layed off with no reason what so ever other than they needed more parts. So obviously you just have to know someone there. The office people are rude I was trying to talk to a lady at the canton office and she so rudely said Iam sorry maybe next time and I was not even done talking and she hung up on me.
Cons
everything about this place is bad unless you are willing to work then not work and wait for work
Productive fun with creative poster aigns and calendar work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 22, 2014
Mancan had send me to work in light manufacturing company. I was working with many poster sign by order, some have to cut and put them together by glue, glue gun, tape, screw to attach. every job have to packing into boxes with correct counting and product inspected. I have learn made different type of creative paper work. and packing, Management my time to get products done on time and good production. My Co-workers has show me how to work correct and good teamwork. The hardest part is to move the big package, but not a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work on new product and see more of creative work to obtain my skill.
Pros
some free breakfast on saturday, and special event.
Cons
2 of 15 minutes break
Nice work place, great people to work with.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 3, 2014
A typical work day was working in a big factory with different people everyday, working on a assembly line not knowing what machine you will work on that day or the days to follow. What I learned at this job was that you never know who you will be working with that day or the next days to come, I also learned that you will work at a fast pace on a machine by yourself sometimes. The management was great to work with and will help you out when you need it. The co-workers i worked with was awesome they kept up with you while you worked together and they help you when you have to leave the line for a minute. The hardest part about the job was getting used to working 12 hour shifts but it got better as I went. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you got to work on different things each day and you got to work with new people most of the time.
Pros
great workers and great managers
Cons
long hours and working on a fast pace machine sometimes.
It was a nice place to work.
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  OHSeptember 23, 2012
I worked at Atlas Steel on the caroulsel line preparing the steel product by banding the steel together so when loaded on the flat bed trucks the steel would not come unbined.

The managment were very helpful showing me around the plant and they were very concerned about safety.

One co-worker that I worked with has been employed at Atlas Steel for 31yrs. as a supervisor. He trained me how to prepare the skids and M-20 hydrolic bander. He was very helpful with any question that I had.

The hardest part of the job was bending over using the hydrolic- bander and the heat.

Because of the loud noice in the plant, it was enjoyable to talk with the other employees while we were on our lunch break.
Pros
the people were curtious.
Cons
the summer heat and constant bending.
Very helpful
Rack Cell - Spot Welder (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 3, 2014
Mancan has been very helpful when I was looking for a better paying job than the previous job I was at. I was at my current job for almost six months and was laid off. I called Mancan to see about finding another job quickly and within a week, they had found a suitable job. I enjoy the work I do and my co-workers. It is a pleasant place to work along with some time to ask questions if needed. No one ever turns you away and no one ever tells you that your question is irrelevant. If you are unaware of a location, almost anyone will stop what they're doing to show you where the product should be located.
Current employee
Level 2 machine operator (Current Employee) –  Reno, OHAugust 22, 2014
Working at dimex you start out as a temp work then work your way up to be full time. To be full time dimex requires you to work overtime every other weekend.Dimex has also grown as a company the last couple of years. You will always have a job and get Thanksgiving off every year during shutdown which you are paid for if you are a full time person and not paid for if you are a temp. Dimex is also becoming very more strict about lots of things well towards the employees that are not related to the supervisor. Overall it is a average work environment but prepared to learn everything on your own.
Pros
holidays off and bonuses
Cons
swing shift, some of the people
Fun and steady work place.
production associate (Former Employee) –  lexington aveFebruary 27, 2013
I put together seven different small parts to make one part which was the inside to an exhaust. Then the part would get robotically welded and sent down a line to be inspected and packaged. I learned how to use a teach pad to fix problems with the robotic welder, I learned how to identify good and bad welds. The co workers made it easy to work there very fun and energetic. The hardest part of the job was loading the machine with the parts, most parts were a very tight fit and took alot of elbow grease. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of satisfaction when you made the quota for the day.
Pros
dependable
Cons
poorly managed
Productive, very quiet and mellow work place.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 27, 2016
A regular day at work, I get to work and set my station up and get everything in order. I sitdown in get to work, its a very quiet environment its only two of us working in the building not including my supervisor. The radios on my co-worker is in his area doing his work as well not much talking at all. Now the hardest part of the job if I had to say, is if I get an difficult piece to assembly in clean, but the most enjoyable part of the day is when I get my break.
Temo Angency
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 12, 2014
Mancan is a Temp to hire company and they were a pleasure to work for. I applied with them and the same day they called me with an open position at the Dollar General Distribution Center, of which three months later I was hired onto. My daily tasks were that of the same as Dollar General and I worked under the same people. I was not treated any differently than any other employee. I enjoyed working under mancan.
Pros
fast employment
Cons
pay cut
My co-workers are fun and pleasant to get along with
Thread Clipper (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 29, 2013
I go to work and clip thread wrapping up loose ends and clipping off any excess. I like my supervisor he is easy going and tries to get me extra hours when possible. The hardest part of the job is standing in one spot all day. I enjoy the people I work with they are thoughtful of one another.
Pros
breaks arent structured they are taken when a person feels like taking them.
Cons
standing in one spot all day.
Steady adult manly place
Temp Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 6, 2016
I learned a lot while working in the environment and different people. It was a value to go through. It's a temp agency that placed me at Mondo Polymer technologies. I worked with a variety of individuals in different team situations on night and day shifts at 12 hrs a shift. Having worked at every entry position on that site, I can say that the job is and was worth the trust and effort given.
Very business like, but also very friendly
Front desk Receptionist, administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Mancan, MassillonApril 28, 2015
Going to Mancan in Massillon was a first for me for a temp agency.
They were very helpful and very friendly and didn't make you feel like you didn't know anything. They work with you constantly to find something that fits your niche. Always good to check in with and see what is available in the department you are looking for or they call you with an "interest" that you might like to explore.
Pros
nice people
Productive Work space
Account Manager Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCOctober 31, 2014
I would have to say for temps, this is a good company, But internally no. I would not work where every day you feel like it will be your last. I refuse to work where communication is not a key factor. I refuse to work where everything is done behind your back because it can be done and you can not ask questions or you will be let go. This company needs a better set of leaders, a better communication structure and also job security.
Great Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 3, 2015
Mancan finds jobs that best fit you. I loved being an Administrative Assistant for Resco Products, but the old lady I had to work with was very difficult (on purpose at times) but that wasn't Mancan's fault. It was a great experience, thank goodness that this position didn't end up permanent.
Pros
they find you employment.
Cons
sometimes you will have to work with difficult people.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff members
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 19, 2013
A very hard to find 9 to 5 day job that teaches me skills I need to learn to excel in the corporate world. The management team employee service is always there when you need them. My job is in the field of my interest that I'm currently studying in college.
Pros
9 to 5 mon thru fri job.
Production
plant production (Former Employee) –  Marietta ohMarch 7, 2013
Good pay at certain jobs worked two different plants
Get payed every week dont call when vacation was denied
Never going to work for mancan again
Screwed over more than once
Hard to find a place that will hire full time
Pros
good pay
Cons
temp for over a year dont try very hard to find you another job once you have been layed off
Temporary employment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 4, 2015
There pay times were off at times and I would have to make various calls to receive my checks on time. Some banks would not cash there checks. As far as jobs are concerned, mostly temp. some were temp to hire but pay hourly was minimal.
Pros
I could find employment during the winter when i wasnt painting.
Cons
jobs didnt pay very much.
A typical week at work
Packer/Machine Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 20, 2015
Always entertainment from co workers, someone always has interesting conversations during the week not boring, always changing products to run every other day. Keeps you on your toes no standing around. It is a challenging job !
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
Hot place to work no air conditioners just fans blowing hot air around
payment for work done was always on time and accurate
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMay 7, 2015
Hot and dirty but, when you put your mind to it you can learn a new trade. Wanted to learn more but felt like they wanted their job security. Learning to manage financially on a low income was both the hardest part of the job and the most rewarding.
Pros
education
Cons
sacrifice