Manchester Airports Group Employee Reviews

n/a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterJanuary 5, 2018
I've worked at the airport for nearly 5 years now and have really enjoyed my time here. Every day is different, albeit it can be a challenging environment at times, it is genuinely the most enjoyable job i have had.

I have had the opportunity to progress through different departments which has helped me build by confidence and find the right career path for me.

I would 100% recommend as a great place to work.
Pros
Great supportive team
Avoid at all costs !!
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterNovember 30, 2017
I would not recommend working at MAG, it is a terrible place to work. Management have no idea how to run the IT department. People come and leave ASAP after being treated poorly.

Bullying staff is part of their culture and will sack you instantly if you show them up. Depressing comes to mind.

Avoid making a mistake by applying at MAG.
Pros
Duty Free
Cons
Terrible staff
Bad management, staff treated like expendable resource
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterOctober 26, 2017
I have worked here as an ASO for almost a year.

Management make huge errors with pay, cannot be trusted.

If you must work here, keep perfect records of all hours you do, all leave you book off, all payments you receive for work and overtime. At least that way, when it does all go wrong, you might get some of what you're owed back.

Annualised contracts are awful, you will not get a social life and say goodbye to your weekends.

They change your shifts at short notice, and you will be regularly expected to begin 12 hour shifts at 3am.

Anyone who has too much sick leave (2 or 4 occasions) gets sacked.

But the staff are quite nice. Most of the issues are with the resources department.

Getting paid for your breaks is one good thing about it.

If you can work elsewhere, do.
Pros
breaks are paid for
Cons
long hours, expected to get up at 1:30am very often, your pay will be wrong
Bullying is not recognised
security ambassador (Former Employee) –  terminalsOctober 2, 2017
bullying goes on all over the airport and is rife, managers dont recognise it or deal with it, horific place to work, other staff say its been going on for years and never changes
Pros
Salary
Cons
Middle Management
Airport
Programme Controls Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ManchesterSeptember 16, 2017
The Airport is going through an exciting period of change whereby they are expanding and building better facilities for passengers.
The staff are all excited about the future for the airport.
Pros
Free Parking
care for people's safety and good teamwork
Aviation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterAugust 23, 2017
I left the job only because I had to move to another city. It was great, there is good teamwork, staff knows the primary purpose is the safety of passengers and staff as well.
Even if sometimes the shift is very long, we get breaks, time passes quickly and not too tiring. The work is on rotation, so you don't do the same thing all the time.
Pros
great satisfaction
Cons
not suitable if you have a child and need to pay childcare
Think Before You Start Here
Meet & Greet Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterAugust 21, 2017
The drivers I worked with in general were good fun to be with. That's what helped the time pass. The job was easier enough taking cars from one place to another. The variety of cars made it fun. Car park managers in general were ok for me apart from maybe two of them.
Resource team were a nightmare. For a 365 days a years job, 24 hours a day; you can only contact them by phone M-F between 10.00-14.00. Then they never answered to me. 3 1/2 weeks to reply to an email. For a part time person I was clocking 50+ hrs a week. Idea was you worked less in winter Had no social life due to this and my rota had me working every weekend for 2 months.
When it got busy no one cared where the cars were parked in the car parks. We were parking anywhere we could. The rule of not parking on grass was forgotten till you hit something hidden. Then it was your fault.
Security checks were a joke. They kept ringing me up for information I had already given them. Ended up just making something up to shut them up and they took it. Couldn't use the canteen because I didn't have a security pass but could still work there. To me something wrong with that.
Pity as it could have been good with more thought from upper management.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Changing shifts constantly so can't plann ahead
Nice workforce, shame about support
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stansted AirportAugust 3, 2017
If your after a job with little prospect of advancement or that leaves you without any type of social life whatsoever, then please apply, otherwise - stay well clear!!
Pros
not many
Cons
long hours, no social life
okay workplace
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterJuly 24, 2017
If you know people that currently work higher up in the airport then your in for a good ride if you don't then your going to be stuck in a rut working your backside off for practically nothing.
Fantastic place to work
Apron Controller (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 6, 2017
I worked in number of roles at Manchester Airport. It's a dynamic and exciting environment to work in and offers opportunities to apply for different roles and advancement to management positions. It's ethos is to ensure its staff are motivated and well rewarded. The airport provides facilities to airlines and other companies and therefore needs to be very organized and well managed, and it certainly is.
It's a positive and enjoyable place to work, I honestly couldn't say there was anything I didn't like about working there, I loved every minute of every hour of every day. My only regret was having to leave to move to another part of the country for family reasons
Cons
Organisation does not have any respect for customers or employers
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Terminal 3May 12, 2017
Training is minimal and insufficient to do the job. However, in general, colleagues are happy to help. Equipment is not well maintained and continually breaks down, leading to delays in pax getting through security and stressing them out. There is not a manual for customer services operations so there are different opinions of how a particular task should be done or a situation dealt with. Not supported by management when faced with physically threatening behaviour from customers. There are a lot of colleagues who are bone idle and do very little work (there are good hiding places in the airport). Whilst some people are lovely to work with and work well in a team, others are difficult and there is a lot of backbiting. Most of the managers are weak and won't deal with difficult issues, eg, people who bring their phones into security and send texts, etc, when they should be working. The place is infested with mice and other nasty insects.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
very early hours, long hours, weak management, greedy head office management, lack of connection between senior management and those on the floor, lazy colleagues, no customer services manual so there's no defined way to do anything, if you make a mistake it's your fault
valet parking
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterApril 25, 2017
Safely parking customers cars, ensuring cars are returned in a timely manner. There is job security however the shift work does not allow for a good work/life balance
Nasty Company
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Castle DoningtonApril 17, 2017
Company does not view you as a number, let alone a person. Worst time of my life.
Had to get airport Police involved and they turned out to be useless.

It really opened my eyes.
Proffessional
PIDS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  TERMINAL 1 MANCHESTER AIRPORTMarch 26, 2017
Good and secure place to work. Expanding business. Professional and security culture, diverse population, free on site parking for employees, all facilities are catered for.
Pros
job security
Amazing experiences
Meet and Greet & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester AirportMarch 26, 2017
A day at manchester airport is never the same, you meet people from all walks of life, the enviroment plus the helpful and friendly staff make this truly a unique place to work.
Interesting job with very flexible shifts
Airport Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterFebruary 16, 2017
I have been working in Manchester airport as a security officer and i enjoyed that role as it was interesting and i gained a lot of knowledge, I got to meet and talk to people from various backgrounds and it was interesting to exhancge few words with them before they head off for their holiday. My shift were very flexible as it was annualised hours contract so that meant sometimes I had to start my shift at three o'clock in the morning and finish eleven o'clock, it sometimes was beneficial having early morning shift as I still had my whole day a head of me. The company overall is ok, but i think there is lack of organisation between veeting team and HR but other than that it was ok.
Pros
Staff discount and ability to use duty free.
Cons
Managment issues
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater ManchesterFebruary 11, 2017
One of the worst places I have ever worked ,staff frightened to death of managment ,staff constantly under pressure,, favouritism, creepy people to work with ,,, nightmare total nightmare stay clear of this place .
This is an honest review !!!!!
Cult of personality
Contractor (Former Employee) –  UKFebruary 6, 2017
In this company it's very much about who you know and who you have influence with. You'll go nowhere without powerful allies.
Pros
Most people really want the company to succeed
Cons
If you aren't in favour just move on...
Exciting and challenging
Airport Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stansted AirportJanuary 25, 2017
Operating xray machines carrying out searches doing regular patrols. my job was mainly in central search where we searched passengers before boarding. very exciting job we see 1000s of different people every shift.
Pros
duty free shopping
revolving door employer
Vallet parking (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJanuary 17, 2017
unorganised work place . despite several managers on duty , no communication between staff,staff able to do nothing or do every thing. Culture of fear and bullying by existing staff on different contracts.

Complete absence of health and safety with speeding cars driven by staff around parking lots unreported accidents . Managers appear to have been recruited from drivers with no experience or skills.
Pros
Cons
intimidation fear and low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manchester Airports Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9