Manchester Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital good, management not so much
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Dietary services department was excellent to work for. Good hours, structured work environment and employees were team players. Management fell short in the rest of the department. Many issues there but overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Differentials, health benefits, good pay
Great place to work.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 2, 2017
It's a small hospital, perfect for college graduates. Excellent teamwork. Great benefits. However, job security is questionable here. While working here, there was a large number of lay offs.
Hospital
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 13, 2016
Average work environment. Needs to be more supportive of employees (benefits). Otherwise good location and nice co-workers.
Nice small hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 30, 2016
Supportive management and pleasant working conditions. A variety of surgeries kept the day interesting. Very good per diem pay. Opportunity to work extra hours
Got experince in Workforce
Aide (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 27, 2016
My day has to do with mainly cleaning things, talking to patients, and also delivering to patients. The hardest part is doing the dishes because of the amount I may have to do. The most enjoyable is talking to the patients because I can tell that sometimes they just need someone to talk to since they are in a bed not feeling well for the majority of the time they are there.
Welcoming Hospital for Patients and Staff
PACU and Perioperative Care Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 13, 2017
Manchester Memorial Hospital is a great hospital to work for. There is enough acuity yet a community feel that makes working there satisfying. I have worked here throughout nursing school as an aide than an orderly and now am a nurse.
productive and fun workplace especially if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment
Parent Development Educator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 10, 2013
Days can be stressful at times, but co-workers are very supportive of each other and the department as a whole. Teamwork, Respect and Communication is a positive component of the workplace. We really work together to provide the best quality care. The management supports the departments and the decisions of their workers. It may be difficult at times when meeting the needs of the individuals you are working with. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the positive impact I have made on individual's lives.
Pros
benefits available (retirement, medical, dental, vision, vacation days), opportunities for promotions and grow within company
Cons
short breaks (30min), cash only at cafeteria
Worth trying
Support (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTNovember 2, 2016
Good place to work for experience, the providers are incredibly approachable, it's the nursing staff you have to worry about. Politics play heavily into how good/bad of a time you'll have.
Productive and fun Workplace
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 25, 2016
A nice place to work with many opportunities. Many nice people there to help guide you through your experience and help get you where u want to be.
Pros
Alot of different discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Nice place to work. Small, resourceful, advance technology.
Staff Nurse/RN (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoy what I do. I enjoy helping patients, hearing their gratitude for the excellent care they received is my reward. I prefer small hospitals such as this one, where employees are familiar to each other. My coworkers are helpful and resourceful. I have learned so much working here. They have advance technology such as computer on wheels, patient-safety procedures and many more. What's concerning is the financial burden this hospital is going through due to poor administration. Job is not secured, too many down sizing and lay-offs.
Pros
excellent patient safety procedures/systems.
Cons
Job security, Hospital going through financial cuts. Lay-offs
Community Hospital
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 2, 2016
Nice community feel to this hospital . Doctors and nurses work well together. The place where everyone helps each other at all times day and night.
Pros
Ample parking
Cons
Non teaching
Great Staff to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 9, 2015
Get report, assess the patients, administer medications and perform prescribed treatments, reassess patients as needed, collaborate with other disciplines on patients' care. Co-workers are great team players. Upper-management are the people with all the power and they only care about their bottom line. Hardest part of the job is not having enough licensed staff, the nurse to patient ratio is very high 1 to 6 up to 8 patients on days when we get short staffed and 1-6 on average. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and meeting their needs and working with a dedicated team of professionals.
multiple years of nursing employment and good co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CtJune 16, 2015
I spent many hours working at this hospital and I learned a lot during
those years. I also met and worked with wonderful co-workers. The co-workers, the manager and the Director of Nurses were very supportive. I enjoyed my work on the med/surg floors; and then I transferred to BHU--and I also enjoyed my work on the psychiatric unit.
I faced many challenges during my 42 yrs of employment at MMH and am able to say that I have no regrets spending all those years there.
Pros
Great co-workers and a supportive manager.
Cons
At times the politics on the unit were difficult to deal with.
Productive and busy
Nursing Assistant/ Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 6, 2015
At Manchester Memorial you in counter different challenges week by week do the all the patient had different mental illnesses. You had to be careful how you talk and use body language. All ways be ready to act quickly to protect your self and co-workers. Co- worker and management where great.
Pros
we where recognized for our hard work
Cons
Don't have one
High stress environment.
Surgical Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 17, 2015
This institution has been struggling to survive. I was employed there while the company was seeking to be bought out, which fell through. Employees of 15 to 20 years were being walked off the job. I decided to seek a more stable work environment.
However I am eternally grateful for my time there, and the steps that lead me to my current position.
it is a good place to work
PCT, Ward Clerk and a Telemetry Clerk (Former Employee) –  manchester memorial hosptialJune 21, 2012
I liked working there , but there are some things wrong with your hosptial , some of the employees are judged and if they are not in a click then they find a reson to get let you go. Iworked many hrs over time and yet it seemed it was not good enough . I even came in and worked from 1:00 pm to 6:00am the next day. I guess this the way alplaces are , but a I had hoped it would be different, I worked hard to get my degree as a MA.And now I will have a degree in medical billing and coding come next may. I wish I was still enployed there , but, I am not.Iwould come back if I could but, Iguess you would not hire me back.
Pros
its a good place to work
Cons
but, to many chiefs and not enough indianas
Busy
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FoodserviceNovember 24, 2015
Everyday was a new day.
Some days would be very hectic and other days would go so smooth.
I always enjoyed learning new things about the systems and meeting new people.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Lay-offs
The most enjoyable part of the job
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that your patients were satisfied with their care. That not only you but the other staff worked and communicated well with each other to help the patient.
Pros
The staff were wonderful to work with, they felt like family.
Cons
It was very hard to pull yourself away to take a lunch break.
An Excellent place to work.
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYJune 22, 2013
I work as a registration clerk in the emergency room, which means I register patients who come to see the physician. I have learned much about treating people with professionalism; the hardest part of the job is learning to never lose that professionalism, no matter the situation. I really enjoyed this position because of the constantly changing cases that come in, and the family atmosphere between my coworkers.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Distance from home
Great
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KyOctober 20, 2015
This is a great facility to work for, I really enjoyed the community with helping people and directing them in the right direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manchester Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Manchester Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location