Manchester Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KyOctober 20, 2015
This is a great facility to work for, I really enjoyed the community with helping people and directing them in the right direction.
High stress environment.
Surgical Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 17, 2015
This institution has been struggling to survive. I was employed there while the company was seeking to be bought out, which fell through. Employees of 15 to 20 years were being walked off the job. I decided to seek a more stable work environment.
However I am eternally grateful for my time there, and the steps that lead me to my current position.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that your patients were satisfied with their care. That not only you but the other staff worked and communicated well with each other to help the patient.
Pros
The staff were wonderful to work with, they felt like family.
Cons
It was very hard to pull yourself away to take a lunch break.
Productive and busy
Nursing Assistant/ Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 6, 2015
At Manchester Memorial you in counter different challenges week by week do the all the patient had different mental illnesses. You had to be careful how you talk and use body language. All ways be ready to act quickly to protect your self and co-workers. Co- worker and management where great.
Pros
we where recognized for our hard work
Cons
Don't have one
multiple years of nursing employment and good co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CtJune 16, 2015
I spent many hours working at this hospital and I learned a lot during
those years. I also met and worked with wonderful co-workers. The co-workers, the manager and the Director of Nurses were very supportive. I enjoyed my work on the med/surg floors; and then I transferred to BHU--and I also enjoyed my work on the psychiatric unit.
I faced many challenges during my 42 yrs of employment at MMH and am able to say that I have no regrets spending all those years there.
Pros
Great co-workers and a supportive manager.
Cons
At times the politics on the unit were difficult to deal with.
Great Staff to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 9, 2015
Get report, assess the patients, administer medications and perform prescribed treatments, reassess patients as needed, collaborate with other disciplines on patients' care. Co-workers are great team players. Upper-management are the people with all the power and they only care about their bottom line. Hardest part of the job is not having enough licensed staff, the nurse to patient ratio is very high 1 to 6 up to 8 patients on days when we get short staffed and 1-6 on average. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and meeting their needs and working with a dedicated team of professionals.
great facility
Occupational Therapy Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 6, 2015
fast pace, friendly staff, great care for patients with mental health needs. clean environment, patients safety is a priority, its a great place for all patient care in general.
Pros
great staff
Cons
busy
Great Place to Work
Certified Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Great Place to work everyone is super nice and its a small town hospital and everyone seems to know everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of patients
BHU Secretary
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Manchester BHUJanuary 27, 2015
Great place to work for family oriented employees. The shifts are 7-3, 3-11, and 11 -7am.
Love this Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 13, 2014
Love this place it is the best, I don't want to leave or
go anywhere else. They look out for their employees and
patients

Want to know more about Manchester Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Productive place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYApril 15, 2014
Very busy most night, night shift co-workers are great to work with. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping pts.
Good athmosphere and work environment
RN LDRP (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 7, 2014
Updated LDRP rooms, personalized care, supporting natural childbirth
Pros
flexible scheduling
It was a nice place to work.
Volunteered as a clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 3, 2014
Clerical assistant, Filing, Organizing patients charts.
Over all it was a nice work environment.
Co-worker was nice and helpful.
christian based work place
Insurance Coordinator/ Chart Auditor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYJanuary 9, 2014
memorial hospital is a christian based employer that allows employees to attend quarterly chapel meeting if the want to
it is more like a big family than a employer
Pros
christian based
Cons
insurance is to expensive each pay period and dont pay the best either
Small Hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Manchester ctNovember 6, 2013
Small community hospital where I was taught my knowledge of positioning, protocols, and radiation protection under the supervision of my clinical instructors.
clean enviroment
Surgery Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYOctober 28, 2013
really great doctors and nurses to work with.. very laid back place to work
productive and fun workplace especially if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment
Parent Development Educator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 10, 2013
Days can be stressful at times, but co-workers are very supportive of each other and the department as a whole. Teamwork, Respect and Communication is a positive component of the workplace. We really work together to provide the best quality care. The management supports the departments and the decisions of their workers. It may be difficult at times when meeting the needs of the individuals you are working with. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the positive impact I have made on individual's lives.
Pros
benefits available (retirement, medical, dental, vision, vacation days), opportunities for promotions and grow within company
Cons
short breaks (30min), cash only at cafeteria
Learning experience
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 17, 2013
This was my first mental health job working with adults. It was very different than what I had experienced before int his field. I enjoyed my job, however, some of the other staff were very rude.
An Excellent place to work.
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYJune 22, 2013
I work as a registration clerk in the emergency room, which means I register patients who come to see the physician. I have learned much about treating people with professionalism; the hardest part of the job is learning to never lose that professionalism, no matter the situation. I really enjoyed this position because of the constantly changing cases that come in, and the family atmosphere between my coworkers.
Pros
excellent work atmosphere
Cons
distance from home
Rewarding long term career
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 13, 2013
12 hour shifts with infrequent Bathroom or meal breaks.
Many new Graduates.
The hardest part was taking care of criitically ill Loved ones of Friends. It is still a relatively small community with close ties to Fire/EMS.
The best part was making a difference by being a Patient advocate and continued education
Cons
no breaks, changes in charge nurses with less experience.