Mancon Employee Reviews

work place enviroment not pleasant
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksontown, OHJuly 1, 2017
Job is under contract, may loose job at any time. I need job security.
I need to be able to work overtime to make more money or get more money on the hour. The management is not the greatest but is a fast growing company.
Pros
hours of work are great
Cons
no chance to move up or make more money, no overtime.
numbers are the only thing this company cares about
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2017
Management's top concern is numbers. Your job is only as good as your last results. If you don't make the cut each and every time they will cut you loose. Micromanagement is commonplace. Company is a standard "at will" employment that can end at anytime with or without any reason by mancon or the employee. No room for advancement. You have to be very careful of what you say or do. Timecard entry is bizarre. Overall the company is not a career choice.
Pros
company pays entire health plans
Cons
short breaks, very long hours, too much micro managing
Favorite job
Medical Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 9, 2017
This was my first experience working with the U.S. gov. as a contract employee and enjoyed every min of it. Great pay at the time with a lot of flexability.
Pros
great pay and time off
Cons
Stability depended on contract status
decent work environment
Store Supervisor/Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 16, 2017
good job for a starting job in management but a lot of paperwork - training is not organized nor consistent - many of the individuals have been there for a while and this is a job that is similar in purpose to VDOT - meaning there is little advancement opportunity - can be stressful particularly if you are expecting military style environment- each location does the same job differently which makes learning process more difficult than it should be
Pros
schedule - decent benefits
Cons
compensation $10k-$15k under avg - speaks of team but not
Good place to work for
Government Contractor / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 25, 2017
Good place to work for in Suffolk but Chesapeake location was very uncomfortable and stressful. Not family oriented. Healthcare was provided so that helped. Did not give time off when daughter was born.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No time off
Great people and great management
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMarch 8, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time with this company. I received great support from this company. The training I received has taught how to communicate, assist others, and prepared my for difficult situations.
workplace vs contractor
Clerk III (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 7, 2016
workplace is pretty laid back. Mancon is a contractor based out of Virginia. To me the whole company is based off a lie. They sway you with what they will do in the beginning to find out that's not what it really is. There is no promotions, bonuses, or even THANK YOU's on a piece of paper for work done even if a letter is sent over for recommendation.
Cons
benefits, management, pay
Overall
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDAugust 31, 2016
This company is a joke and if I didn't need the money I would have left sooner. I was only here for a very short time and had to get out a little over a month ago. The pay is not good for what we do, you can find the same job with higher pay. There are no leave benefits until you have been here for at least a year which is ridiculous because we get sick sometimes and just need a break from this place. I pretty much had go train myself on the job which doesn't bother me but for someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing, it may be an issue. There is way too much favoritism going on here and it's really sad. Management isn't even on site which allows employees to do whatever they want and not do their actual job. I hope the company can turn itself around for the good of the employees but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Not very good
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Crane, INMay 27, 2016
A typical day there was setting in front of a computer and help the customers. I learned a lot about how thing are ran there. Management would pawn his work on you. The co-workers were ok. The hardest part of job setting all day. Enjoyable was learning and meeting new people.
Pros
Work shift, pay benefits
Productive energetic environment
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAMay 15, 2016
Productive energetic environment. Workload heavy and fast paced at times. Turn over rate rather high. Mandatory training sessions every week.
Okay company
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
They cared about the team leads more than they seem to care about their workers. We really never say the main contact. I work in Arlington, VA and the company is located in Virginia Beach, VA. The main contract came up right after we got awarded the contract, but that was the last time we ever saw him. Everyone else at the company seemed helpful and nice. The hardest part of the job was being so far away, when we needed help. The nicest part was the people, they were very nice.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Great organization
Contract Regional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 26, 2016
I love working for this company, only looking for a more stable career back west. The people are very helpful when you ask questions and knowledgeable. I have really learned a lot being in this organization and they have really assisted in my professional growth. I went from being an Advocate to Supervisor within a year.
Pros
Great 401K matching
Cons
Leave/Time off
Productive and loved my schedule
Data Entry Technician II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 9, 2016
Started with closing work orders and scanning them to their Assets;
reviewed the 20+ time sheets to make sure they were filled out properly and leave slips were submitted for the appropriate pay period. Checked emails, take roll call, help employees if they were having problems putting their time on LMP, answer phone and give appropriate messages to employees/supervisor, make sure I printed out time sheets and daily rosters for the next pay period, before leaving go into LMP and double check that each employee entered
the correct time or if someone called in sick, etc. I entered their time.
Pros
Enjoyed schedule
Cons
Short lunch (30 minutes)
Results driven organization with great latitude to perform mission
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2015
There were no typical days at work, which is why it was such an exciting job. With managing inventories and procurement for more than 7 logistics turn key contracts (over 60 locations) around the United States, every day brought new challenges so I was never bored. The core group of co-workers and I had been together for about 10 years, and we communicated, strategized, planned, and took action with the same goals in mind: making and saving the company money. The hardest part of the job was understanding what leadership wanted as we weren't always kept in the loop, which made writing yearly planning goals difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our customers and also with our employees around the country, troubleshooting their inventory and procurement problems and helping them manage their inventory to the standards I'd set, as well as visiting various locations and conducting wall to wall inventories or teaching them how to customize reports or to perform various functions based on procedures I'd written. Management did a great job in not micromanaging us, which was greatly appreciated.
Rewarding, Military Friendly
Clerk (Current Employee) –  ContractedJune 25, 2015
The hiring process was smooth, and friendly. If I had to leave for military reserve duty or a mobilization, this company was very supportive.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Health benefits are mandated/Free with no additional pay to OPT out
Contract Job
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl.March 7, 2015
This was a contract job on Base at NASJAX. Stripping waste chemicals from water using a reactor. It was a good place to work but all contracts end.
Pros
close to home, weekends off
Cons
contract
Most of my co-workers carried their weight, but the manager left alot to be desired.
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  A.M.A.R.G., Davis Monthan A.F.B.February 25, 2015
We as co-workers, were just numbers to this company. We were not recognized by the company for all the work we accomplished.
Great company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAFebruary 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Mancon! I worked for great people who understood I was a disable veteran and always wanted to work with me. I just don't feel that they understood how hard I work. I feel I was wrongly let go. and I truly felt that hard work didn't mean anything with I was let go. I don't feel that seniority should matter, hard work should be the number one thing!
Administrative Official (Former Employee) –  PRFebruary 19, 2015
Preparation of Nominal, Sales, Billing and Debt Recovery, Purchase of Materials, inventory maintenance of workshop materials and preparation of documents in a variety of computer programs. Maintain and prepare Project files
I will miss working at GSA
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I was a contractor for Mancon at the GSA site. Sadly we shut down. I will miss working there.