Mancon Employee Reviews

Overall
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDAugust 31, 2016
This company is a joke and if I didn't need the money I would have left sooner. I was only here for a very short time and had to get out a little over a month ago. The pay is not good for what we do, you can find the same job with higher pay. There are no leave benefits until you have been here for at least a year which is ridiculous because we get sick sometimes and just need a break from this place. I pretty much had go train myself on the job which doesn't bother me but for someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing, it may be an issue. There is way too much favoritism going on here and it's really sad. Management isn't even on site which allows employees to do whatever they want and not do their actual job. I hope the company can turn itself around for the good of the employees but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Not very good
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Crane, INMay 27, 2016
A typical day there was setting in front of a computer and help the customers. I learned a lot about how thing are ran there. Management would pawn his work on you. The co-workers were ok. The hardest part of job setting all day. Enjoyable was learning and meeting new people.
Pros
Work shift, pay benefits
Okay company
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
They cared about the team leads more than they seem to care about their workers. We really never say the main contact. I work in Arlington, VA and the company is located in Virginia Beach, VA. The main contract came up right after we got awarded the contract, but that was the last time we ever saw him. Everyone else at the company seemed helpful and nice. The hardest part of the job was being so far away, when we needed help. The nicest part was the people, they were very nice.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Great organization
Contract Regional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 26, 2016
I love working for this company, only looking for a more stable career back west. The people are very helpful when you ask questions and knowledgeable. I have really learned a lot being in this organization and they have really assisted in my professional growth. I went from being an Advocate to Supervisor within a year.
Pros
Great 401K matching
Cons
Leave/Time off
Productive and loved my schedule
Data Entry Technician II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 9, 2016
Started with closing work orders and scanning them to their Assets;
reviewed the 20+ time sheets to make sure they were filled out properly and leave slips were submitted for the appropriate pay period. Checked emails, take roll call, help employees if they were having problems putting their time on LMP, answer phone and give appropriate messages to employees/supervisor, make sure I printed out time sheets and daily rosters for the next pay period, before leaving go into LMP and double check that each employee entered
the correct time or if someone called in sick, etc. I entered their time.
Pros
Enjoyed schedule
Cons
Short lunch (30 minutes)
Results driven organization with great latitude to perform mission
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2015
There were no typical days at work, which is why it was such an exciting job. With managing inventories and procurement for more than 7 logistics turn key contracts (over 60 locations) around the United States, every day brought new challenges so I was never bored. The core group of co-workers and I had been together for about 10 years, and we communicated, strategized, planned, and took action with the same goals in mind: making and saving the company money. The hardest part of the job was understanding what leadership wanted as we weren't always kept in the loop, which made writing yearly planning goals difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our customers and also with our employees around the country, troubleshooting their inventory and procurement problems and helping them manage their inventory to the standards I'd set, as well as visiting various locations and conducting wall to wall inventories or teaching them how to customize reports or to perform various functions based on procedures I'd written. Management did a great job in not micromanaging us, which was greatly appreciated.
Rewarding, Military Friendly
Clerk (Current Employee) –  ContractedJune 25, 2015
The hiring process was smooth, and friendly. If I had to leave for military reserve duty or a mobilization, this company was very supportive.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Health benefits are mandated/Free with no additional pay to OPT out
Contract Job
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl.March 7, 2015
This was a contract job on Base at NASJAX. Stripping waste chemicals from water using a reactor. It was a good place to work but all contracts end.
Pros
close to home, weekends off
Cons
contract
Most of my co-workers carried their weight, but the manager left alot to be desired.
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  A.M.A.R.G., Davis Monthan A.F.B.February 25, 2015
We as co-workers, were just numbers to this company. We were not recognized by the company for all the work we accomplished.
Great company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAFebruary 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Mancon! I worked for great people who understood I was a disable veteran and always wanted to work with me. I just don't feel that they understood how hard I work. I feel I was wrongly let go. and I truly felt that hard work didn't mean anything with I was let go. I don't feel that seniority should matter, hard work should be the number one thing!
Administrative Official (Former Employee) –  PRFebruary 19, 2015
Preparation of Nominal, Sales, Billing and Debt Recovery, Purchase of Materials, inventory maintenance of workshop materials and preparation of documents in a variety of computer programs. Maintain and prepare Project files
I will miss working at GSA
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I was a contractor for Mancon at the GSA site. Sadly we shut down. I will miss working there.
Great Contractor Job!
Verifying Official/Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Great Contractor Job! Great working environment, dealing with military members and dependents, meet great people! Great hours and atmosphere!
Contracting is an Experience
Emergency Services Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MsJanuary 10, 2015
Working with our military members state side everyday was a great job. We answered all emergency & non-emergency calls that came into our dispatch center. We also monitor all alarms that was activated during our shifts which was 12 hours everyday 6 days a week. We keep track of all calls out going and in coming. We also monitored all cameras on that base. Again sitting for 12 hours was the hardest thing to do. Working with our Military members was my reward, knowing I can help.
Pros
12 hours of shift work
Cons
serving with our military members
Very little contact except when there was a problem
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 21, 2014
MANCON has very little experience dealing with Aviation Maintenance and it showed in the way they dealt with contractors. The only time I had any contact with them is if I forgot to fill out my time card. Usually the Manager would call before the automated system had a chance to remind me the next morning and this was usually accompanied with a threat of dismissal. Other than that I had no contact with Management even when the contract ran out. The only contact I had in the end was a security debrief which is supposed to happen face to face or at least by phone.

Day and night compared to TSM, which was an outstanding company to work for.
Pros
pay always came when expected and dealing with the site super was great.
Cons
just about everything else.
Great company to work for
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJAugust 3, 2014
they are very precise with everything, great communication skills and will find the answer right away if need be
Good work place
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crane, INJune 25, 2014
Work is slow now. Learned a lot more about spreedsheets. Good management. In my opinion there is nothing hard here.
Good, productive company
Manager/Counterperson/Driver (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 10, 2014
Mancon is a good company to work for. Good benefits and working conditions. I'm not far from work. My break time is flexible. I also have good co-workers.
Pros
401k, company will match up to 15 percent.
Cons
not much chance of advancement
Challenging, well organized company to work for.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJune 9, 2014
I was a temporary employee for this company. The hiring process was one of the more well organized processes that I have been a part of.
Do a lot for the community but management needs looked at...
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachJune 7, 2014
They have a great benefits package and a yearly bonus that is based on performance. Most managers are outstanding, but the ones that are important to the structure of the company need to be replaced or just evaluated. But this will never happen. This company on a whole is great!!! And you can tell that with how long people have been there, but the turn around of newer employees is greater because the company is not what is use to be. The managers have been there forever!!! And they use there power to the negative but unfortunately upper management is not aware. It's very sad because this company does great things for so many people!!! And they have great people within!!!
Pros
charitable work, benefits, bonus
Cons
management, negative environment