MANDALAY BAY HOTEL & CASINO Employee Reviews

Good pay and benefits
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas blvdMarch 21, 2017
The company has good pay and benefits depending in which department you work for, not nice to their employees and they really make you work for your money, they also have no problem firing you for any reason.
Pros
Paid lunch, paid vacation
Cons
Mistreatment of employees, unfair management
Super Fun
Banquet Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day at work is working large amounts of Banquet events. I have worked banquets with up to 17,000 guests. I have learned how to set fine dining table set-ups, buffets and set-ups for platted dinners. Management always put a smile on our faces. Work place culture is awesome and breathtaking. The hardest part of my job is, nothing I love what I do and if I don't know something I learn and move on. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new guests from all over the world.
Pros
24 hour employee dining room
Cons
Limited hours
Very nice hotel, high end. 5 star
Utility Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2017
I love my job. Great pay, great benefits. We eat good. The management could use a little work but overall it's a great establishment. The perks are also a bonus if you have kids.
Fun,exciting
Customer Service-Casino & High Limit Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Very exciting job that is fast pace. My day consist of dealing a game that customers bet on. Had to count, add numbers together quickly. Dealt with very large amounts of cash daily. I learned patients and not take things personally
Pros
Exciting, nice paychecks, meeting lots of new people
Cons
Stand/sit 8hrs, rude customers
Busy but fun environment, friendly management/co-workers
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2016
Working as a lifeguard you're outside all day in the sun. It's a great starting job with decent pay whether you're just starting to work, or if you're trying to get into the resort/casino field. Everyone from upper management to those in your same position are all friendly and helpful. The hardest part in my opinion is being in the water and in the sun all day long, I was able to handle it well enough though I know not everyone can. On the bright side however, the best part of the job is definitely all of the people you get to meet and talk to and there's always a chance you might meet a celebrity!
Fun place to work with a great management team
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2016
Great for people looking to have fun and learn customer service skills, offers paid lunches and MGM discounts, a great place to start to move up in the company
It's always been a pleasure to work here. Awesome management and the best coworkers
Apprentice Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
For the past seventeen years it has been a fun and a wonderful place to work. I continue to enjoy where I work it has been truly amazing here.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Too many lazy people
Productivity and workplace
Journamen carpenter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2016
Great place to work, friendly and great team,good. Breaks,great people ,new uniforms,good manage, nice employee dining room and food very fresh plus Grill.
Pros
Union salary, benefits and health insurance
Cons
N/A
Review
Bar-back & Cabana Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2016
Great work/life balance. Job culture was great for fast pace people. And management was understanding and firm when needed to be.
works well and team is awsome
Apprentice Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
they are a grate team of people , and make like easy with scheduling and they like to make jokes and have a good time . they can always find something for you to do.
Pros
get a lunch .
Cons
time goes by slow
8 hour work day, includes an hour lunch!
Executive Assistant to VP of Property Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaAugust 6, 2015
It was fabulous to belong to the MGM employee group. The company has a few things to improve but overall, they are organized, forward thinking, solid, community conscious and a fun company to work for.
Pros
Hour lunches, lunch provided by company
Cons
Some positions have been eliminated, creating more work for some
Bartender haveing fun and meeting people from all over
Bartender-Moorea, Pool, Casino Floor Bar Outlets (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2015
the most enjoyable part of my job is being a bartender making drink coming up with new drink and seeing how they like it working at different outlets
politics
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2015
got to deal with a lot clients with the a/r
great people to work with
to much politics
they don't acknowledge you for what you could do
they acknowledge you for who you know.
great schedule
great benefits
awesome
Customer Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2015
great place it was fun the people were all awesome. The pay was great, very relaxing workplace. Absolutely no complaints MGM has always kept its employees happy at every location
Awesome Place Of Work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2014
AWESOME!!!!! People/ Co-Workers is great, customers are Awesome,
Pros
Great
Cons
N/A
very educational and productive enviroment
Security (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2013
engaged in advanced security measures with las vegas metro vice, las vegas metro detectives, county coroner's office, clark county fire department, department homeland security, FBI and CIA agents. supervised, trained, and evaluated staff to ensure security team members recieved necessary guidance to accomplish established objectives in accordance with departmental standards.
Pros
i learned alot in law enforcement and helped me to advance my skills and ability in law enforcement
Cons
do not have any
I enjoyed my time working for the Mandalay Bay corporation and only left because my first son was born and wanted to spend time with him.
Business Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2013

My co-workers where awesome.
Fun environment.
Retail Sales Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2013
Typical day at work is clocking in and getting your bank. After the bank go the main shop to report to a designated store. I usually would do breaks for 4 different stores. I was only part time. My day would only last 4-6 hours. There really wasn't anything difficult about the job. It was repetitive. It was fun though, meeting different people from so many different places. Listening to accents and talking about places that I've never heard of before.
Pros
Free lunches & very nice people to work with.
Cons
There was really nothing bad to say.
Very productive and a very happy work place
Banquet Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2012
I loved this old job. I never had any complants with it nor did i ever take any PTO because it was just to good of a place to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MANDALAY BAY HOTEL & CASINO. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4