MANDALAY BAY HOTEL & CASINO Employee Reviews

Great workplace.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2017
Mandalay bay is a great place to work at. We had a great team and good management. Felt being treated fair and well respected. Would certainly recommend it to others.
Pros
Great EDR
Cons
A loot of walking involved due to large floor space.
What better place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
The job and benefits itself is great. How ever, you must start off as a steady extra and work your way. That can mean you will only be getting 2 to 3 days a week. Once you make it to full time though you are set. The pay starts off at 18.25 which is great. They also offer awesome benefits for a super reasonable price. The hardest part about the job is that it is super repetitive.
Pros
free lunch, 1 hour and 15 min break
fantastic
Convention and Banquet Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2017
I love this place it is the best place to work anyone who works here will enjoy the work the hours are vary good and the pay was good as well the bosses were vary friendly
Fast paced and productive environment
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
Collecting payments on credits and making players cards.
How to better communicate and work with all types of people.
Management was good.
This wasn't a hard position for me.
Everything about the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Good company to work for
Work Place conditions and people
Dual Rate Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work, tough to move ahead and a comfortable atmosphere. The people you work with are generally good and as helpful as they can be. Also onsite parking is a big plus
It was a fun and a great learning experience at the Mandalay Bay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino, We were kept on out toes regarding our training. The employee and supervisors were a joy to work with.
Pros
Great People, Free Lunches, Decent Time for Breaks & Lunches, Easy Going Bosses & Employees
Cons
The smell in the basement is Extremely Nasty most of the time
Still Employed
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
I like everyone I work with, I wish I could get on full time with this corporation. I've been there 3 years and learned how to work banquets and required responsibilities of bartending
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
Easy going with fortunate events
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
Showing up at The workplace is a interesting experience. Co-workers all respectfull with one another and understand that everyday is a chance to make one smile, one employee to another and a opportunity to satisfy our customers needs with what is given.
Very exciting and fun pool
VIP Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2017
Learned how to work in high volume situations with VIP guests. Served 600-1500 people in any given day. Outside pool environment that was amazing to be a part of.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Seasonal
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work, good benefits and flexible hours. Uniforms provided, cleaning of the uniforms, food was great with a large all you can eat buffet.
Good pay and benefits
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas blvdMarch 21, 2017
The company has good pay and benefits depending in which department you work for, not nice to their employees and they really make you work for your money, they also have no problem firing you for any reason.
Pros
Paid lunch, paid vacation
Cons
Mistreatment of employees, unfair management
Super Fun
Banquet Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day at work is working large amounts of Banquet events. I have worked banquets with up to 17,000 guests. I have learned how to set fine dining table set-ups, buffets and set-ups for platted dinners. Management always put a smile on our faces. Work place culture is awesome and breathtaking. The hardest part of my job is, nothing I love what I do and if I don't know something I learn and move on. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new guests from all over the world.
Pros
24 hour employee dining room
Cons
Limited hours
Very nice hotel, high end. 5 star
Utility Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2017
I love my job. Great pay, great benefits. We eat good. The management could use a little work but overall it's a great establishment. The perks are also a bonus if you have kids.
Fun,exciting
Customer Service-Casino & High Limit Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Very exciting job that is fast pace. My day consist of dealing a game that customers bet on. Had to count, add numbers together quickly. Dealt with very large amounts of cash daily. I learned patients and not take things personally
Pros
Exciting, nice paychecks, meeting lots of new people
Cons
Stand/sit 8hrs, rude customers
Busy but fun environment, friendly management/co-workers
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2016
Working as a lifeguard you're outside all day in the sun. It's a great starting job with decent pay whether you're just starting to work, or if you're trying to get into the resort/casino field. Everyone from upper management to those in your same position are all friendly and helpful. The hardest part in my opinion is being in the water and in the sun all day long, I was able to handle it well enough though I know not everyone can. On the bright side however, the best part of the job is definitely all of the people you get to meet and talk to and there's always a chance you might meet a celebrity!
Fun place to work with a great management team
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2016
Great for people looking to have fun and learn customer service skills, offers paid lunches and MGM discounts, a great place to start to move up in the company
It's always been a pleasure to work here. Awesome management and the best coworkers
Apprentice Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
For the past seventeen years it has been a fun and a wonderful place to work. I continue to enjoy where I work it has been truly amazing here.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Too many lazy people
Productivity and workplace
Journamen carpenter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2016
Great place to work, friendly and great team,good. Breaks,great people ,new uniforms,good manage, nice employee dining room and food very fresh plus Grill.
Pros
Union salary, benefits and health insurance
Cons
N/a
Review
Bar-back & Cabana Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2016
Great work/life balance. Job culture was great for fast pace people. And management was understanding and firm when needed to be.
works well and team is awsome
Apprentice Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
they are a grate team of people , and make like easy with scheduling and they like to make jokes and have a good time . they can always find something for you to do.
Pros
get a lunch .
Cons
time goes by slow